PDA

View Full Version : Phone - no contract, month to month service?

jcrod
03-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Who out there gives you a cheap plan with no contract and can go month to month? I need a temp cell phone. Losing my job today so need a phone till I get another company phone.

IronMexican
03-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Metro PCS. Has terrible service(At least in SoCal). Probably hard to find something cheaper, though.

RGMCSE
03-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Who out there gives you a cheap plan with no contract and can go month to month? I need a temp cell phone. Losing my job today so need a phone till I get another company phone.

I think Wal-Mart is pushing this now: http://www.straighttalk.com/

Rob

PakiDan
03-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Ive had Cricket for a while... no problems there..

Fabbs
03-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I know you are probably looking for a cell.

But since we are on the subject of phones, is anyone using the Magic Jack that's a usb port hook up to computer.

19.99 a year for all the calling your heart wants.

testimonials?

Fabbs
03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Boost.
Unlimited calling and texting for a flat rate of $50 per month.

Works fine for me.
Find it at Sprint authorized stores. Do NOT buy from kiosks at mall or unauthorized Sprints.

(Even tho it can be purchases at Sprint, Sprint maintains Boost is a seprate company.) Whatever, some silly corporate head games but at any rate it has worked fine for me.

Only bummer is you are gonna have to buy a phone and its rare Boost has deals on their phones. But maybe you'll catch them on a phone sale.

jcrod
03-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Boost.
Unlimited calling and texting for a flat rate of $50 per month.

Works fine for me.
Find it at Sprint authorized stores. Do NOT buy from kiosks at mall or unauthorized Sprints.

(Even tho it can be purchases at Sprint, Sprint maintains Boost is a seprate company.) Whatever, some silly corporate head games but at any rate it has worked fine for me.

Only bummer is you are gonna have to buy a phone and its rare Boost has deals on their phones. But maybe you'll catch them on a phone sale.

Hmm, can you use an authorized sprint phone?

jcrod
03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I know you are probably looking for a cell.

But since we are on the subject of phones, is anyone using the Magic Jack that's a usb port hook up to computer.

19.99 a year for all the calling your heart wants.

testimonials?

:lol do a search within this site, there is a huge thread. It was at one time the most visited location coming up on google.

Fabbs
03-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Hmm, can you use an authorized sprint phone?
Do not know.
Good Q.

Or could u buy a good used Boost phone, of which there must be a gazillion by now.

anakha
03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Cincinnati Bell's i-Wireless service provides simcards working on prepaid credits (http://www.i-ontheweb.com/overview/) over here. You can probably look for an equivalent service over there.

Sense
03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
I pay 52 with tmobile... its 500 mins (don't need that many with mobile to mobile and free nights and weekends), and unlim txts.

Phone was kind of expensive but I got a blackberry... there's cheap ones and if you can't pay all of it you can pay the phone per month if you have good credit.

I used to have boostmobile, it was decent at best but when I went to Eagle Pass to visit... It didn't work, and I had trouble with the signal at my own house, and most phones are shit really, what's the point of unlimited data for the internet if it's a shitty phone. Not to mention you have the gayest text messaging out there, just wasn't worth the money for me.

robino2001
03-20-2010, 10:34 AM
The month-to-month no contract stuff looked great until I fully understood it and realized I had to renew the minutes every month for at least $30+ a month. I pay for my mothers phone to keep on our plan but it's only $10/month... I was hoping one of the no contract type phones would be cheaper because she rarely ever uses it, but it's not even close.