PDA

View Full Version : Paul close to returning?

duncan228
03-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Paul close to returning? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-afterthebuzzer031910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
Marc J. Spears

New Orleans Hornets coach Jeff Bower says he expects Chris Paul to return before the end of the month. Paul was cleared to practice a week ago for the first time since having arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Feb. 4. Paul said he is running now, but hasn’t set a specific return date.

Rookie Darren Collison has played well in Paul’s absence, but is preparing to return to the bench.

“I didn’t expect to start before he got hurt, so it’s going to be the same thing as it was before,” Collison said. “After going up and down the floor with a lot more minutes, I will be a lot more confident. It’s not going to change. It’s going to be the same thing, but I will know exactly what to do when I’m out there.”

Collison’s play in Paul’s absence could land him on the All-Rookie team, but has also led to speculation he could be traded before next season. Teams looking for a quality starting point guard could be calling the Hornets about Collison. The Hornets are expected to be cautious until they are certain about Paul’s health, but one NBA source said it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the team try to package Collison with Peja Stojakovic’s expiring contract next season in a possible trade.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future,” Collison said. “I’m hearing this and that, but for the most part, I’m not even worried about it. I can’t. I’m too young in my career to be worried about that right now.”

Another Paul bit.

As a North Carolina native, Chris Paul is looking forward to seeing what Michael Jordan does as owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. “I know this is something he really wanted,” said Paul, who is in the Jordan Brand stable. “He finally has his own NBA franchise. Now the tough stuff begins. Just like any other [successful] team, you got to put the right people together. M.J. is one that is more than capable of doing that. He showed that he can be a winner his whole career. This is another opportunity for him.”

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
ok...but a bit too late

Lukor
03-19-2010, 04:06 PM
NO is missing the playoffs anyway CP3 should take time to get 100% healthy there's no point in rushing him back.