PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2

ElNono
03-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Been playing this for a couple of days now. I thought it was going to be mediocre, but turned out to be pretty decent. The island is open-ended and *massive*, and it's great you can actually pilot choppers to move around.

So far, so good.

BlackSwordsMan
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
yup awesome game can't stop playing the demo
the 30 min time limit is bullshit

BlackSwordsMan
03-20-2010, 11:15 AM
order from amazon you get release day delivery and 15$ credit back

Chomag
03-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm having alot of fun with the demo, There are so many things to do, but man the voice acting is gowd awful.

BlackSwordsMan
03-20-2010, 12:46 PM
the voice acting sucks shit I turn the channel when that cutscene appears and you can't skip it

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-20-2010, 02:28 PM
the demo was fun and the island is damn huge.

but seriously "bolo"??

mardigan
03-20-2010, 03:22 PM
It got a damn good review in Game Informer. I'll give it a shot after I finish up my Mass Effect 2 insanity play through.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-20-2010, 06:34 PM
What's the game about? Is it on PS3/360 or PC?

Chomag
03-20-2010, 10:05 PM
What's the game about? Is it on PS3/360 or PC?

It's Multi-platform I beleive

MaNuMaNiAc
03-24-2010, 01:10 AM
I just played it for a bit and all I have to say is awful, awful voice acting. I like that you can do practically anything with the grapple hook and the environment reacts accordingly. Other than that, not a very good game if you ask me. Ofcourse, that's just me.

ElNono
03-24-2010, 08:11 AM
I just played it for a bit and all I have to say is awful, awful voice acting. I like that you can do practically anything with the grapple hook and the environment reacts accordingly. Other than that, not a very good game if you ask me. Ofcourse, that's just me.

It absolutely has cheesy parts. :lol But the game actually grew on me the more I played it. I've been missing an open-ended game like this after the big disappointment that GTA IV was. What I like the most is that the island is massive in size and the grappling hook really throws a great twist on things. I love making a freaking mess, wait for them to send a chopper, the grapple to it and take it over to travel to another mission.

ynh
03-26-2010, 04:33 AM
Just picked it up today. Only played it for about one hour. The voice acting is pretty bad.. and it is cheesy as hell. But you know it's a hell of a fun game. If you by this for the story you will be disapointed. But if you love picking up a game and doing random distruction and playing around with ragdoll and physics engines, than you will love it.

cool cat
03-26-2010, 02:57 PM
This is a game that was not even on my radar. I guess I will have to try the demo out

ATRAIN
04-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Should you play part 1 before part 2? I like what I see from the commercials

phyzik
04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Should you play part 1 before part 2? I like what I see from the commercials

not necessary at all.

This game probably wont stay in my library of games for very long though, will trade it in when something else catches my eye.

The sky diving/parachute and the grapling hook are fun but thats about it.

ElNono
04-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm still playing it... :P
I finished the story mode and now I'm just going around completing cities to 100% and picking up black boxes/skulls/drops.
I don't know what it is with this game, but the whole grappling/parachute/chopper/plane traveling through the island is a lot of fun.

Plus there isn't anything else to play right now. I have Dragon Age Awakening, but I can't get myself to start it. I finished Origins not long ago and I feel I'm going to get burned out with it if I play it right now.

MiamiHeat
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I have never even heard of this game, I never played the first one

but I downloaded the demo on XBOX LIVE and I fucking love this game.

You can parachute whenevr you want to, base jump, jump off of high cliffs or mountains, you can steal vehicles and AIRPLANES,

you can dual wield all sorts of weapons,

you can GRAPPLE HOOK to almost anything you want to, and you can even grapple hook enemies like batman ....

this game is a fucking sandbox heaven. the only thing I don't like so far is that the cars look shitty and Saints Row-esque.

but this game is fun as hell.

and it can't be said enough that this game is fucking MASSIVE. the open world area is huge.

oh, and the voice acting is hilariously bad. but it makes the game funny and more fun. i don't give a shit about that.