PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Warriors Game)

duncan228
03-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100319.html)

Gregg Popovich

On the game - Everybody got a chance to play and everybody scored. That’s always a good thing. We need to get some rest tonight and then we head out tomorrow for a tough back-to-back.

It was good to get the guys time out there off the bench to give them experience. It was also good to get Manu, Tim and Dyess some rest.

On Tim's game tonight versus Orlando the other night - Tim doesn't need anything (to get going). He just plays. He has bad nights like anyone else. He doesn’t need anything; he knows who he is.

On the low number of turnovers - There was a big emphasis on that tonight. They are first or second in the league in that, so we really needed to take care of the ball. They didn’t get going on that tonight.

Malik Hairston

On tonight's game - We just had fun. We shared the basketball, we were aggressive and shot the ball well tonight.

On the need for a game like tonight after Orlando defeat - No question, we need this game to get us into a rhythm especially with the road trip coming up.

On playing team basketball - We want to get in the lane, find open shooters and be an unselfish basketball team. I think we did a good job of that tonight.

On his reverse dunk - I took a page out of Richard Jefferson’s book – I’ve been watching him for awhile. He came up to me and said that I’ve been studying him too much. It’s a testament to Richard.

On his play - I want to be aggressive. It opens up a lot of different. The experience and the confidence that Coach Pop and the guys have shown in me has been great.

Manu Ginobili

On the upcoming schedule - We basically have the tough 15 – the last 15 games are going to be rough. It’s good to get a win and have time to rest a little bit. We have a really rough back-to-back coming up in Atlanta and Oklahoma City. They are both good teams, strong at home so we are going to have to do very good against them.

On if tonight’s victory was too easy - No danger – we know they are totally different teams than Golden State. Golden State is a very dangerous team but they are going to struggle a lot because they have a lot of hurt players – they only have eight guys playing. It’s hard to play like that. It’s good that we punished them and moved the ball well along with the fact we made a lot of shots so that’s the reason why we won kind of easy tonight.

On if it will be harder to get to the rim on the upcoming road trip - It’s going to be harder against both the Hawks and the Thunder. Both are good defensive teams with good big men and athletic players. It’s going to be hard so it’s going to be even more important to not turn the ball over and move the ball well and find open teammates.

On if they were looking for Tim offensively after his poor shooting night - Not only because of that, but because we have to punish them with Tim. They didn’t have big men and Tim was a big advantage in that regard.

Keith Smart

Opening statement - We didn’t compete at a level needed to even have a chance against this team. I’m not even saying to probably win it, but you need to have a very high competitive level from the very first quarter to have a chance to make them have to play with Duncan on the floor a little bit more. That wasn’t the case early on and then we had to play catch-up, and then it just snowballed from there.

On their losing streak in San Antonio - I don’t think it’s that at all. You come in with the roster that you have. We don’t have enough people to play against this type of team. We’re very small, they’re very big. They rebound the basketball…it was 53-29 on the glass tonight. When you can’t rebound the basketball you’re going to have some trouble. That’s been with us all year though. More than anything we just didn’t compete.

On playing this team in particular - This team is very patient. They start inside with Duncan who is going to make plays. Ginobili is playing at a very high level right now. Any mistakes you make defensively they’re going to capitalize on. We made a couple mistake on defense when we ran into each other and didn’t switch. Every time we did that they found the open guys. This team has been together and they’ve got some veteran guys that make plays off your mistakes.

honestfool84
03-19-2010, 11:30 PM
We’re very small, they’re very big.

:lol @ the small ball quote.

spursfaninla
03-19-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't think the spurs were playing "patient." They decided to let the horses run and the whole team shot 65%.

We managed to shoot less than that from the ft line. And our 3pt shooting was bad. But we shot most shots within 4 feet of the basket, so that helps.

This was a layup drill for both teams.

Entertaining though, and just what we needed to be fresh for the next game.

TDMVPDPOY
03-19-2010, 11:38 PM
we needed this win, while gsw wtf are they playin for anyway, fkn dleague team

ducks
03-19-2010, 11:41 PM
duncan is going to make plays ?

1 out 4 games is not that great