PDA

View Full Version : Amare can't be stopped right now

Xylus
03-20-2010, 05:14 AM
44 points against Carlos Boozer tonight on 16 shot attempts. Recently dropped 41 and 12 on Tim Duncan, 29 and 16 on Andrew Bynum, 36 and 12 on Okafor/West, 30 and 14 on Chris Kaman, 19 and 10 on Kenyon Martin (through 3 quarters) and those all occurred in the last 9 games. Averaging 31.5 ppg and 9.8 rpg in his last 9, playing pretty good D, not getting in foul trouble, and acting like a team leader.

Since the All-Star Break, Amare is the best PF in the league.

Xylus
03-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Things that Amare needs to work on:

-Focus on rebounding every night. It's part of Gentry's game plan to have the wing players (Hill and JRich) attack the boards, but Amare should not be surrendering rebounds to smaller players. Attack the glass relentlessly, especially on defense.

-Cut down turnovers. Amare's still averaging an inordinate amount of turnovers, and they're almost always the result of a defender poking the ball out of his hands on a drive to the basket. Figure out a way to protect the ball.

-Look for open shooters. Shooters need to hit their open shots when Amare passes out (that means you, JRich).

kamikazi_player
03-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Yep, he's is truly a monster. His defense not as bad as he used to be. Could you imagine if he was in Cleveland right now?

21_Blessings
03-20-2010, 06:20 AM
29 and 16 on Andrew Bynum

Uh most of that came against Pau

And Amare shot 45% that game, with 11 FTA and his team lost. Not sure why you're acting like Amare was unstoppable or something. Most of his buckets were created by Nash feeding him.

ezau
03-20-2010, 06:43 AM
I couldn't remember how many times Amare dropped 30 points against the Spurs. He's a real monster on the offensive and once he learns how to play just a little bit of defense, the league has to watch out.

Lars
03-20-2010, 06:57 AM
lol contract year

MI21
03-20-2010, 08:31 AM
lol Spurs fans not wanting him when rumoured the Spurs were interested

benefactor
03-20-2010, 08:34 AM
lol contract year

Cane
03-20-2010, 09:14 AM
"What do you call a power forward that doesn't average 10 rebounds a game?"

"A small forward."

ducks
03-20-2010, 10:14 AM
most of those shots were easy shots
jazz played like crap on d last night

amare has beenunreal though 12times over 30 points since allstart

sribb43
03-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Suns fans should be pissed that up until recently, he has played like a little bitch

Donkeybong
03-20-2010, 10:45 AM
he is definitely beasting as of late

ChrisRichards
03-20-2010, 11:09 AM
lol contract year
+2

BlackSwordsMan
03-20-2010, 11:14 AM
offense wins championships

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2010, 12:17 PM

"A small forward."

That might actually be dumber than your Republicans want to Nuke Israel comment. Well done.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Dwight Howard
Zach Randolph
David Lee
Marcus Camby
Carlos Boozer
Chris Bosh
Gerald Wallace
Andrew Bogut
Tim Duncan

I guess everyone else is a small forward.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Uh most of that came against Pau

And Amare shot 45% that game, with 11 FTA and his team lost. Not sure why you're acting like Amare was unstoppable or something. Most of his buckets were created by Nash feeding him.

Yeah, Nash played real well against the Lakers :rolleyes

Cane
03-20-2010, 12:32 PM
That might actually be dumber than your Republicans want to Nuke Israel comment. Well done.

The joke was from the guys @ TNT. They love to bust Amar'e's balls on his lack of rebounding. :toast

21_Blessings
03-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah, Nash played real well against the Lakers :rolleyes

Did you even read what I wrote? Nash set up most of Amare's scoring opportunities - which he did. Never said anything about him playing well overall.

Amare didn't dominate shit that game against the Lakers as the OP implied. Bynum and Pau combined for 65% shooting. Amare's interior defense was non-existent per usual.

Xylus
03-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Did you even read what I wrote? Nash set up most of Amare's scoring opportunities - which he did. Never said anything about him playing well overall.

Amare didn't dominate shit that game against the Lakers as the OP implied. Bynum and Pau combined for 65% shooting. Amare's interior defense was non-existent per usual.

You're right that most of Amare's baskets came against Pau. But Amare was rebounding over both Pau and Bynum. Plus, it was Lopez whose D was non-existant... Bynum had his way on offense against him.

Most of Amare's points were unassisted. Looking through the play-by-play, Nash was credited with 3 assists to Amare the entire game. That's 6 of his 29 points. Saying Nash sets up all of Amare's offense is retarded, especially since Gentry runs Isolation plays with Amare all the time.

Suns lost the game because Amare and Amundson were the only two who showed up.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Most of Amare's points were actually 2nd chance points. You still talk about Amare like it's 2007-2008 and he's scoring everything off pick and rolls.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-20-2010, 03:21 PM
:lmao 6/29 being "most of his buckets" great fuckin math.

Xylus
03-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Bynum > Amare

:lmao :lmao

21_Abortions, you fucking suck, pretty much.

BRHornet45
03-20-2010, 04:37 PM
lol 18 free throws ... pathetic

regardless though he shot the ball very well. its just a shame the league tarnishes the game by terribly inflating star players numbers with ridiculous amounts of free throws.

pauls931
03-20-2010, 04:52 PM

"Someone other than Barkley or Rodman."

baseline bum
03-20-2010, 06:24 PM
lol 18 free throws ... pathetic

regardless though he shot the ball very well. its just a shame the league tarnishes the game by terribly inflating star players numbers with ridiculous amounts of free throws.

What happened to all the great booty shots in your sig?

Killakobe81
03-21-2010, 01:51 AM
He IS playing well but some of thso enumbers are inflated you say he dropped them on (insert player here) but I saw half those games and a big chunk of those were NOT on the player you listed...but HE HAS been beasting should be Player of the month ...

Xylus
03-21-2010, 01:59 AM
He IS playing well but some of thso enumbers are inflated you say he dropped them on (insert player here) but I saw half those games and a big chunk of those were NOT on the player you listed...but HE HAS been beasting should be Player of the month ...

Usually teams will throw a variety of defenders at Amare throughout the game because no one can stop him. So yeah, I could say that Amare dropped 44 on Boozer, CJ Miles, Okur, Millsap, and Fesenko.

If it would make you feel better...FIFY

44 points against the Jazz tonight on 16 shot attempts. Recently dropped 41 and 12 on the Spurs, 29 and 16 on the Lakers, 36 and 12 on New Orleans, 30 and 14 on the Clips, 19 and 10 on the Nuggets (through 3 quarters) and those all occurred in the last 9 games. Averaging 31.5 ppg and 9.8 rpg in his last 9, playing pretty good D, not getting in foul trouble, and acting like a team leader.

Killakobe81
03-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Usually teams will throw a variety of defenders at Amare throughout the game because no one can stop him. So yeah, I could say that Amare dropped 44 on Boozer, CJ Miles, Okur, Millsap, and Fesenko.

If it would make you feel better...FIFY

I dont diagree with that and even if it is a contarct drive he is making you coud say the same for bosh and Boozer ...

Xylus
03-21-2010, 03:03 AM
I dont diagree with that and even if it is a contarct drive he is making you coud say the same for bosh and Boozer ...

Money might be on his mind, but Amare always steps it up after the ASB (except when he's injured). He does it every year.

pauls931
03-21-2010, 09:36 AM
I think he's pumping it up looking for offers from other teams and if he doesn't get anything good. Stay put and wait for the rise of the White Dragon. When Nash is gone, they can probably get another semi-elite piece to perhaps put them in contention. Granted if someone other that Amare steps up, I'd say they could compete this year, but still fall way short of LA.

Amarelooms
03-21-2010, 10:17 AM
<----- AmareLOOMS....we all know this dummy :elephant

DJB
03-21-2010, 03:36 PM
As long as he is being spoon fed by Steve Nash, he'll be pretty amazing.

Bob Lanier
03-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Who is this Amare you're speaking of?

There's a player on your team named Amar'e, innit?

Pero
03-21-2010, 04:14 PM

:rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-21-2010, 05:19 PM

Agreed, Nash was spoon feeding him from his house in Phoenix when he dropped 30 on the Thunder. Amare's success post AS-break this yearhas nothing to do with Nash.

DAF86
03-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Amare was already good as a rookie and with Marbury as his PG so I think it's safe to say that Amare could be good without Steve.

Muser
03-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Funny how people think Nash is the sole provider to all Amare's points.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-21-2010, 06:54 PM
What's also funny is how people think the Nash-Amare pick and roll is 100% Nash and has nothing to do with Amare, as if Nash would be just as effective running the P&R with an aborted fetus.

Xylus
03-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Amare wasn't so dominant on offense tonight. The Blazers played smothering D on him all night, but he still put up 18 points and 14 rebounds. Suns won a half-court style game, 93-87.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Before anyone says Amare got his points off Nash assists tonight, don't. Not 1 of Amare's points came off a Nash assist.

Xylus
03-22-2010, 01:00 AM
Before anyone says Amare got his points off Nash assists tonight, don't. Not 1 of Amare's points came off a Nash assist.

:lmao

I wonder if anyone will ever grasp the fact that Amare is getting all of his points these days on isolation plays and putbacks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-22-2010, 01:02 AM
:lmao

I wonder if anyone will ever grasp the fact that Amare is getting all of his points these days on isolation plays and putbacks.

:lmao people are still talking about the Suns like all the do is run pick and rolls. Even John "I'm fuckin retarded" Barry's tiny little brain was able to point out the fact the Suns don't run nearly as many pick and rolls as they used to.

pauls931
03-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Amare wasn't so dominant on offense tonight. The Blazers played smothering D on him all night, but he still put up 18 points and 14 rebounds. Suns won a half-court style game, 93-87.

This is what makes me happiest about his play as of late. He seems to be giving a damn about getting rebounds. He has all this ability and for years probably let 4 or 5 rebounds a game get away from him that he could get if he worked for them.

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Bynum > Amare

Bynum shits all over Amare everytime they go at each other head to head the past 3 years. Amare has more claim for 'worst defensive starting power forward in the league' than he does 'best PF' like your delusional ass wants to believe.

There's a reason Phoenix puts his ass on the trade block annually.

It's funny how you act like shooting 45% against the Lakers equates to dominating though; especially when the opposing starting frontcourt shot 65%. And yes, Nash was the one drawing multiple defenders with dribble penetration which led to Amare getting those second chance points. Not to mention, the passer doesn't get an assist for points scored at the free throw line.

No team in their right mind would consistently double Amare on the block. His back to basket game is a laughable joke. Great finisher though!

mojorizen7
03-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Amare was already good as a rookie and with Marbury as his PG so I think it's safe to say that Amare could be good without Steve.

I agree and so could the SUNS. Without Nash the entire roster gets better defensively and as a result they don't have to score 115 to win ballgames.
The perimeter shooting would obviously suffer....and guys would have to get better at creating offense.

Hypothetical scenario: Get rid of Nash.....bring back Joe Johnson,start Dragic @ the point, find another big man who can rebound and split time with Lopez and i'm excited about this team again.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Bynum shits all over Amare everytime they go at each other head to head the past 3 years. Amare has more claim for 'worst defensive starting power forward in the league' than he does 'best PF' like your delusional ass claimed.

There's a reason Phoenix puts his ass on the trade block annually.

It's funny how you act like shooting 45% against the Lakers equates to dominating though; especially when the opposing starting frontcourt shot 65%. And yes, Nash was the one drawing multiple defenders with dribble penetration which led to Amare getting those second chance points. Not to mention, the passer doesn't get an assist for points scored at the free throw line.

No team in their right mind would consistently double Amare on the block. His back to basket game is a laughable joke. Great finisher though!

lol 6/29 = "most of his points"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-22-2010, 07:21 AM
And yes, Nash was the one drawing multiple defenders with dribble penetration which led to Amare getting those second chance points. Not to mention, the passer doesn't get an assist for points scored at the free throw line.

Cute cop out after being proven wrong.

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 07:26 AM
109 defensive rating :lol :lmao BEST POWER FORWARD IN THE LEAGUEEEE (at giving up easy interior buckets)

WESTACKED
03-22-2010, 07:31 AM
:lmao people are still talking about the Suns like all the do is run pick and rolls. Even John "I'm fuckin retarded" Barry's tiny little brain was able to point out the fact the Suns don't run nearly as many pick and rolls as they used to.
His name is more likely to be "Jon" IMHO.

and yes the Suns aren't this fucking retarded to run pick and rolls on their diet. Pick and rolls are almost as old as the game itself hence that's surely been stashed on the bottom layer in the closet of a team that always runs ahead of vogue like the Suns. Pick and Rolls are now like fossils operated by only a handful of antiques like San Antonio Skunks, who used to live on pick and rolls but have already died which signs the terminal extinction of such a retarded play.

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Cute cop out after being proven wrong.

I wasn't proven wrong. Never claimed Nash assisted every one of his buckets. But he was getting easy penetration with Fisher on him all game. You know how basketball works, right? PG gets interior penetration and the PF/C leaves their man to help.

That's how Amare gets most of his points. Nash penetration and feeds off the p/r. He would still be productive without Nash just not nearly as effective or efficient offensively. He would still suck terribly on D no matter what team you put him on though.

WESTACKED
03-22-2010, 08:06 AM
I wasn't proven wrong. Never claimed Nash assisted every one of his buckets. But he was getting easy penetration with Fisher on him all game. You know how basketball works, right? PG gets interior penetration and the PF/C leaves their man to help.

That's how Amare gets most of his points. Nash penetration and feeds off the p/r. He would still be productive without Nash just not nearly as effective or efficient offensively. He would still suck terribly on D no matter what team you put him on though.
Indeed you've got your brain cells fucked up with insomnia haven't you? or you just aren't american but a fucking retard living in some penurious Asian or African country? You sound retarded anyway.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-22-2010, 11:18 AM

That's how Amare used to get most his points. Now most of his points come off iso plays and 2nd chance points. A year ago (for that matter prior to the AS break) I'd be with you 100%, Amare was dependent off pick and rolls and was one dimensional. There's a reason I was calling him out for it then and I'm not now. This was evident by Amare's piss poor performances last year when Nash didn't play (12 points, 4-11 shooting, 5 rebounds against Sacramento and 14 points, 6-10 shooting, 6 rebounds against the Heat for example). This year, in Amare's 1 game without Nash, he dropped 30 on a top 10 defensive team and had 5 offensive rebounds. Post AS break Amare has actually been better with Nash off the court because it's easier for him to get the ball on the block rather than have to run pick and rolls.

Individual player defensive rating is a whack ass stat that if anything makes Amare look better at defense than he really is. Amare's 2007 defensive rating was 103. Bruce Bowen's 2007 defensive rating was 103. Does that mean 2007 Amare = 2007 Bowen on defense? Another example is according to that stat, Luke Walton has been a better defender than Artest this year.

As for Amare on D, there's truth to the fact that Amare will never be a great defender, but his bad defense against LA had a lot more to do with Gentry's retarded gameplan to conceed post position to Pau and Bynum and focus on stopping Kobe. Besides, Bynum got most of his points off Lopez. Bad defense was a team wide problem against LA, Amare wasn't any worse than his teammates. If everyone on the Suns showed up to play like Amare did they probably win the game.

Halberto
03-22-2010, 11:33 AM

:lol Never will that happen

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-22-2010, 11:39 AM
It's funny how you act like shooting 45% against the Lakers equates to dominating though; especially when the opposing starting frontcourt shot 65%. And yes, Nash was the one drawing multiple defenders with dribble penetration which led to Amare getting those second chance points.

In the first quarter, Amare had 17 points off 6-10 shooting, 3 offensive rebounds and 5-5 free throw shooting. After that, LA keyed in on him more and packed the paint which opened up the court for perimeter players to have wide open shots. None of their perimeter players decided to show up to the game and kept missing the wide open shots. After that Amare began to force the issue and settle for jumpers, causing a drop in FG%.

And considering Steve Trash got outplayed by Derek Fisher, I have no idea why you're all over his sack talking about all the chaos he supposedly caused. That's probably the thing that makes the least sense to me about your whole argument. Nash was a useful fuckdoll against LA who was 10x worse and defense than Amare was and couldn't do jack shit against Derek Fisher.

Xylus
03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
:lol Never will that happen

It's happening right now, brah.

picc84
03-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Amare can't be stopped right now.

Beast-mode is activated.

Xylus
03-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Amare was unbeavable tonight.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Amare was unbeavable tonight.

Wrong, NASH WON THE GAME!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Red Hawk #21
03-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Wrong, NASH WON THE GAME!!! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The only reason Amare was scoring was because Nash was spoon feeding him. :lol

picc84
03-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Wasn't the only reason but it helps. Great advantage having a great PnR player like Steve Nash to run your sets with to get easy baskets like he was tonight.

Toward the end Golden St. had no answer for Nash's pinpoint passes to Stat and they milked it, nothing wrong with that, just the 2-time MVP making the plays he's supposed to make. :wakeup

Red Hawk #21
03-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Wasn't the only reason but it helps. Great advantage having a great PnR player like Steve Nash to run your sets with to get easy baskets like he was tonight.

Toward the end Golden St. had no answer for Nash's pinpoint passes to Stat and they milked it, nothing wrong with that, just the 2-time MVP making the plays he's supposed to make. :wakeup

This. Which game did you watch? In the game I saw Amare was posting up and isolating against Anthony Tolliver during crunch time, thats why they won. Not because Nash was creating for Amare. Amare took over the game down the stretch, he looked like a real beast out there. Maybe you should re watch the game to see what I'm talking about. :nope

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2010, 01:14 AM
horrible trolling attempt picc

picc84
03-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Got some good laughs.

Red Hawk #21
03-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Got some good laughs.

I figured :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Off topic but you can officially put Serge Ibaka on the list of "Great, Phoenix sold the draft pick that led to him, too?" Dude shut Duncan down tonight and made big plays down the stretch to keep OKC in it. An Amare-Ibaka front court would look damn good :depressed

picc84
03-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Ibaka went 2006 Desagana Diop on the boy Timmy.