PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

DJ Mbenga
03-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Season 3 begins tonight. Anyone else watch this? or is everyone slurping up Mad Men, and Dexter? just my opinion but this has a chance to become the new "the wire". acclaimed show that no one watches.

monosylab1k
03-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Just finished watching season 2 in preparation for tonight. Easily the best show on TV since The Wire.

Stringer_Bell
03-21-2010, 07:31 AM
What the fu...whatchu mean it's on par with The Wire? Let's see it go 5 seasons of consistent ass kicking episodes before we start talking like that.

I'd be intrigued if I hadn't read an article about it with a death *spoiler* awhile back. But I did, so I'm not.

robino2001
03-21-2010, 08:45 AM
I watched Season 1 on dvd last year but was too late to catch season 2 on tv... so I'm currently watching season 2 on dvd and dvr'ing season 3 until I catch up. I love what 've seen so far... especially being able to relate somewhat as a chemist.

Strike
03-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Breaking Bad is one of my current top 5 along with Dexter, Sons Of Anarchy, Californication and Entourage. I'm looking forward to the season 3 premiere.

Frenzy
03-21-2010, 11:15 AM
It made my "aw man I missed it!.. oh well" list.

lil_penny
03-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Can't wait to watch it tonight

resistanze
03-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Wish I could watch live but I don't have AMC. Breaking Bad and Damages are really the only shows on TV I really like.

IronMaxipad
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I watched season 1 and loved it. Don't have cable so I usually buy on dvd. Haven't got around to season 2 yet either. so im behind.

Spurminator
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Just finished Season two on Friday, but I had no idea Season 3 started tonight. Awesome.

Great show. I'd put it right there with any other non-HBO drama series I've seen.

JudynTX
03-22-2010, 04:14 PM
I've only watched Season 1, will I be totally lost if I start watching Season 3?

Spurminator
03-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes. You should watch Season 2. It's only 13 episodes.

eyeh8u
04-04-2010, 11:56 PM
i fucked ted.....

The Cougar
04-05-2010, 01:23 AM
FX turned this show down cause they didn't think the dad from malcolm in the middle could be taken seriously

DJ Mbenga
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
wish this was on hbo. they would take more chances and you wouldnt have silent FUCK said

eyeh8u
04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
lets predict what you think happens this season,

i think hanks crew kills the twinssassins and hits the cartel hard before they get a chance to kill walter

IronMexican
04-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Up to episode 1 of season 3.

lil_penny
04-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I.f.t.

DJ Mbenga
04-05-2010, 09:17 PM
lets predict what you think happens this season,

i think hanks crew kills the twinssassins and hits the cartel hard before they get a chance to kill walter

bingo. i think that is what will occur. i think though walt is going to take somebody out, maybe not kill but hurt somebody badly. maybe ted.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Great show but I hope it only goes maybe one more season. Some shows have a set life, and if this drags on 7-8 seasons it'll make no sense.

DJ Mbenga
04-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Great show but I hope it only goes maybe one more season. Some shows have a set life, and if this drags on 7-8 seasons it'll make no sense.

creator vince gilligan has already said he can envision no more than 5. given the popularity of the show i dont see it stopping at 4 but $ talks

eyeh8u
04-06-2010, 12:56 AM
i can see 6 good seasons with walt dying at the end, 4 seasons is too little for a good show with an average of 11 episodes a season. one thing i wish never happened is pinkman turning into a straight bitch, i wish he realized walt cared more for him than the junkie.

also, am i the only one who likes gustavo,

monosylab1k
04-06-2010, 12:57 AM
At some point Walt is going to take down the chicken guy (lol forgot his name). In interviews Bryan Cranston has said the show's natural path is from the transformation of a mild-mannered science teacher into the biggest drug lord in New Mexico.

resistanze
04-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm wondering what are the consequences of cooking of books.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-06-2010, 08:54 AM
creator vince gilligan has already said he can envision no more than 5. given the popularity of the show i dont see it stopping at 4 but $ talks

Thanks for the info. 5 would be about right.

I'm wondering what are the consequences of cooking of books.

Seriously? Well, prison on an individual scale, the GFC on a global scale. Oh, and don't believe a word of it when people tell you that's the last of the financial shocks... the world is is still massively over-borrowed. It's just a matter of when the debt gets called in.

eyeh8u
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
this show is the best on TV right now

the endings are especially great, makes you want to watch the next episode, pulls you in, like what the wire used to do.

the green light ending was great this week

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-14-2010, 05:32 AM
The really interesting thing about BB for me is how they've turned Walter into such an unlikeable character. For most of the first two seasons I was solidly in his corner - sure, he was an anti-hero who did terrible things, but he did them for a righteous reason. In the last 6-8 episodes though, he has become a thoroughly unlikeable character who I can't sympathise with any more. Not only unlikeable, but irrationally angry about everything, and annoyingly incompetent (he was always that, but when I was on his side his incompetence was humorous, not frustrating).

It's a big risk to make your main guy totally unsympathetic, but they've done it cleverly by bringing in Saul as a clown, and spreading the story more broadly over the ensemble, which is fascinating from a writing POV.

What are some other shows that have transformed their main character like this? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

monosylab1k
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
The really interesting thing about BB for me is how they've turned Walter into such an unlikeable character. For most of the first two seasons I was solidly in his corner - sure, he was an anti-hero who did terrible things, but he did them for a righteous reason. In the last 6-8 episodes though, he has become a thoroughly unlikeable character who I can't sympathise with any more. Not only unlikeable, but irrationally angry about everything, and annoyingly incompetent (he was always that, but when I was on his side his incompetence was humorous, not frustrating).

It's a big risk to make your main guy totally unsympathetic, but they've done it cleverly by bringing in Saul as a clown, and spreading the story more broadly over the ensemble, which is fascinating from a writing POV.

What are some other shows that have transformed their main character like this? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

I think part of the reason it works is because they made his wife a complete bitch from day 1, and she's gotten even more insufferable as the show has gone on. Even if Walt becomes less likeable, you still root for him because you hate his wife so much.

IronMexican
04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
If anyone is on Skylar's side, I have no words for you.

eyeh8u
04-16-2010, 12:06 AM

from the "grey matter" episode in season 1 you could tell that he had so much pent up anger from not reaching his potential

on a side note i think his htey ver amde a venutres bros live action movie cranston would be dr venture

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1293119/article_images/doctorventure.jpghttp://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7489/quicksilverscreenbreaki.jpg

DJ Mbenga
04-16-2010, 12:44 AM
looks like hank is going to be on their asses as well as the cousins. skylar is a slut but good looking one. its about time they get cooking again. show is boring drama

resistanze
04-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Seriously? Well, prison on an individual scale, the GFC on a global scale. Oh, and don't believe a word of it when people tell you that's the last of the financial shocks... the world is is still massively over-borrowed. It's just a matter of when the debt gets called in.

:lol I meant consequences in terms of characters (Skyler, Ted) on the show. I just find Skyler such a goddamned hypocrite.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah, Skylar has become completely unsympathetic too. I can't agree that she was a "bitch from the start", and I could see why she became more of a bitch as the series went on (Walt's secrecy, money worries, preganancy, trying to make the family work, etc.), but I have no sympathy for her any more.

Hank and Jesse are now the most sympathetic characters. After Walt was an arse to Jesse in the parking lot of the school, all I could think was "why can't you be nice to the guy for once?" And Hank's PTSD is an interesting sub-plot.

from the "grey matter" episode in season 1 you could tell that he had so much pent up anger from not reaching his potential

Good call.

eyeh8u
05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
best ep of the season so far, my prediction came out to be half true,

Taco
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
:tu

DJ Mbenga
05-03-2010, 05:07 PM
episode descriptions online are filled with lots of spoilers. it doesnt seem like anyone will die(thats important)

dickface
05-03-2010, 07:05 PM
great episode last night. tbh I was getting sick of the Nelson Cruz twins doing nothing but walking around acting like badasses. Nice to see them get owned.

eyeh8u
05-04-2010, 01:11 AM
episode descriptions online are filled with lots of spoilers. it doesnt seem like anyone will die(thats important)

except for that one twinssassin that got a hole through his head,

also good to see sunny in Philadelphia guy get a role outside the show

IronMexican
05-04-2010, 01:13 AM
except for that one twinssassin that got a hole through his head,

also good to see sunny in Philadelphia guy get a role outside the show

Who got a role? I missed anyone from them. Was it one of the 3 guys?

MI21
05-04-2010, 03:23 AM
I have the first 2 seasons of this show sitting there waiting to be watch.

What can I expect? Is it one of those shows that hooks you in and you can barely wait for the next episode?

leemajors
05-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I have the first 2 seasons of this show sitting there waiting to be watch.

What can I expect? Is it one of those shows that hooks you in and you can barely wait for the next episode?

I watched season 1 and loved it, bout to start season 2. Very addicting, and very well done.

resistanze
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Hank is a pimp.

eyeh8u
05-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Who got a role? I missed anyone from them. Was it one of the 3 guys?

one of the mcboyles

Strike
05-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Just got caught up with the current season. Got to say, best season so far.

IronMexican
05-06-2010, 08:11 PM
one of the mcboyles

Is it the one that's also in that awful looking movie with Micheal Scott?

eyeh8u
05-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Is it the one that's also in that awful looking movie with Micheal Scott?

dont know havent seen any movies with miceal scott since get smart

but its the guy on the right

http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mcpoyles.jpg

IronMexican
05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Wholy fucking shit.

eyeh8u
05-10-2010, 12:05 AM
i like gus more and more each episode, now we know what the flash back was all about last week, the generalismo still has some connections

eyeh8u
05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
next weeks episode is called Kafkaesque

Kafkaesque (comparative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable) more Kafkaesque, superlative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable)most Kafkaesque)
Positive
Kafkaesque

Comparative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable)
more Kafkaesque

Superlative (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#comparable)
most Kafkaesque

Marked by a senseless (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/senseless), disorienting (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/disorient), often menacing (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/menacing)complexity (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/complexity). Kafkaesque bureaucracies
Marked by surreal (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/surreal) distortion (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/distortion) and often a sense of impending danger (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/danger).
In the manner of something written by Kafka.

IronMexican
05-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Gus is awesome possum.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2010, 12:26 AM
wish they would flash-show season 1 again i hate missing out on series and not being able to dive right in

IronMexican
05-10-2010, 12:28 AM
wish they would flash-show season 1 again i hate missing out on series and not being able to dive right in

Megauploadforum.net.

Download and watch. No commercials either.

Spurminator
05-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah Season 1 and 2 are 20 episodes combined. You can get caught up pretty quickly.

leemajors
05-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Finally ran into a dud in this show, season 2 ep 6. On to the next though, was just surprised by how boring that episode was overall (outside of the ATM).

resistanze
05-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Gus is awesome possum.

EmptyMan
05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I still have not even seen one ep of this show. I will begin shortly (from the start of course) because I hear about it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often.

leemajors
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Finally ran into a dud in this show, season 2 ep 6. On to the next though, was just surprised by how boring that episode was overall (outside of the ATM).

ok head on a tortoise totally made up for that!

leemajors
06-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Bob Odenkirk is perfect for Saul. Glad he actually got on a show that wasn't headed for cancellation. Criminally under appreciated.

monosylab1k
06-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Bob Odenkirk is perfect for Saul. Glad he actually got on a show that wasn't headed for cancellation. Criminally under appreciated.

:tu

monosylab1k
06-02-2010, 11:08 AM
the fly episode was really lame, but the last show made up for it. I have a feeling Jesse will be dead before the season is over.

IronMexican
06-02-2010, 11:44 AM
This thread deserves more than 2 pages. Only 2 episodes left. Something crazy is bound to happen.

Spurminator
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
the fly episode was really lame, but the last show made up for it. I have a feeling Jesse will be dead before the season is over.

That would surprise me... He's pretty much Lead Character B on this show. I guess I could see it if Skylar's involvement in the operation makes her a bigger part of the show.

I think either Jesse or Walt Jr. will die in the last (or second to last) episode of the series, as the final devastating fatal consequence to the life Walt chose.

Also, I'll agree the Fly episode was a little slow but I love that this is the kind of show that can get away with doing that episode. Reminds me a little of the Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos. Not a lot happened but it's still one of the ones people always talk about.

eyeh8u
06-02-2010, 11:53 PM
jesse wont die, but some shit he pulls is going to permanently end the relationship with walt, i think next season is all about gus and walt bonding and learning from each other

IronMexican
06-06-2010, 11:19 PM
That was absolutely fucking crazy.

monosylab1k
06-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Heisenberg's about to take over Gus' empire.

Spurminator
06-07-2010, 10:31 AM
That was AWESOME.

brettn
06-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Awesome fucking ending. Can't wait to see how they wrap the season up. I wonder if Gus is gonna go back on his code of "not using violence as a means of coercion" that he mentioned in an earlier episode this season. Could mean trouble for the White household in the finale.

eyeh8u
06-08-2010, 01:59 AM
jesse wont die, but some shit he pulls is going to permanently end the relationship with walt, i think next season is all about gus and walt bonding and learning from each other

damn i was wrong, half wrong anyway, the sneak peek from next week on amctv.com might point to there still being a relationship between gus and walt

IronMexican
06-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Why does it have to end like this? Or not end.

Spurminator
06-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Weird, my DVR recorded 2 hours so I thought it was a two hour finale. Guess I'll get to watch Rubicon.

IronMexican
06-14-2010, 12:48 AM
It was AMC trolling us. Because of that, I'll never watch Rubicon again. Fuck that show.

DJ Mbenga
06-14-2010, 02:11 AM
started to become an ambigous ending until creator vince gilligan said make no mistake jesse took out gale. great acting i really felt bad for gale, his fear was excellent. a better reflection of fear was jesse. he is no criminal although he acts like one. he only pulled that trigger for walt.

AnthonyM
06-14-2010, 02:46 AM
started to become an ambigous ending until creator vince gilligan said make no mistake jesse took out gale. great acting i really felt bad for gale, his fear was excellent. a better reflection of fear was jesse. he is no criminal although he acts like one. he only pulled that trigger for walt.

I noticed the same thing and was surprised more people didn't pick up on it. Like the fact that they brutally showed Walt shooting the guy in the head at the end of Half Measures, then blacked out right as we heard the gun shot at the end of Full Measures (not like Breaking Bad has any qualms showing blood and gore before).

And, if you look closer you don't really see Jesse's finger pull the trigger.

That all said, I figured any other ending (such as Victor getting there just in time and possibly shooting Jesse) was too much of a stretch and figured the chances of Gale getting shot were about 98%.

Then Gilligan laid any theories to rest by coming out and saying it.

Great episode either way though.

resistanze
06-14-2010, 11:54 AM

It's funny because in Damages the guy who plays Gale was a ruthless killer. Polar opposites.

leemajors
06-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Just saw Kafkaesque last night. One of the best single episodes of any show I have ever seen.

Taco
06-16-2010, 09:41 AM
From Season Finale
ROf8KnDW4j8

eyeh8u
06-19-2010, 10:29 PM
wow i sat down to watch a new episode of Breaking bad today and just as i turned on the tv i realized the season is over, and i got really sad.

leemajors
06-21-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm all caught up. Damn, crazy ending.

oh crap
10-12-2010, 11:54 PM
man did i sleep on this one way too long. finishing up season 2 then on to season 3. plenty of time to catch up before the new season starts in July. didn't expect to get this into it but so far, so good.

MI21
10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
This show absolutely fucking owns.

Any news about the upcoming season? When does it start?

oh crap
10-26-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm all caught up. Damn, crazy ending.

just finished getting caught up tonight and i agree. i just wonder how the writers are going to prolong the series even with gale gone, how hard could it be to get a chemist to cook for that kind of money when you're on gus's level? i'd imagine walt cant buy that much time after killing the dealers and now gale. can't wait to see where it goes from here and how they're going to continue the storyline.

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 02:01 AM
Who says he shot Gale, though.

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 02:02 AM

July, so it can air the same time as Mad Men.

DJ Mbenga
10-27-2010, 11:25 AM

july. they pushed it back because more people watch in the summer. its awesome cause its the 2 best shows on tv: breakign bad and mad men on the same night.

DJ Mbenga
10-27-2010, 11:28 AM

the creator does:

Vince Gilligan: Well first let me ask you: When you say “ambiguous” do you mean ambiguous in the sense of did Jesse shoot Gale or not?
AVC: Among other things, yes.
VG: Gotcha. That’s interesting, because I’m hearing that from some folks, that question. To me, for what it’s worth, it’s not actually meant to be ambiguous. It’s meant to be, “Oh my god, Jesse shot poor Gale.” But I’m realizing now that when people see the camera come dollying around so it’s looking down the barrel of the gun, some are reading that as maybe he’s changing his point of aim. But that’s not what we intended. Apparently it’s not as clear as I thought it would be. [Laughs.]

http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan,42064/

AnthonyM
10-27-2010, 11:29 AM

Vince Gilligan does.

Edit: Dammit. Too slow.

IronMexican
10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Inconclusive.

monosylab1k
10-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Bryan Cranston has already talked about how the entirety of the show is basically planned out. Walt will soon become the biggest drug lord in New Mexico, and then comes his downfall.

oh crap
02-17-2011, 02:11 AM
'no mas' on amc right now and no firm date set for the new season, fuuck.

oh crap
06-07-2011, 02:35 AM
season 3 now available for rent and excited about the new season next month.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 05:02 AM
This show fucking rules!

IronMexican
06-18-2011, 09:40 AM
http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-season-4-trailer-premiere-date-yman-117920/

Oh my god. Oh my god. My god. One more month.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Been watching the reruns every week and have been enjoying this show. Pretty bad ass.

Feel pretty sorry for Jesse though, he gets brutally fucked at every turn and corner. It's almost like clockwork, if he hasn't been totally fucked over lately then he's due.

was awesome when Hank took out those two angels of death.

CFH729
06-18-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZpo89mmJo

Proxy
06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
july. they pushed it back because more people watch in the summer. its awesome cause its the 2 best shows on tv: breakign bad and mad men on the same night.

then when they end, Walking Dead comes

spurs_2108
06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I've seen all 3 seasons. But I wish I could remember all that happens with out having to watch them again. I bought season 1 on dvd and have watched half of them. Can't wait none the less.

The Gemini Method
06-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I have all 3 seasons on blu-ray and just recently finished the 3rd season. I'm soooo excited to see the 4th season and at this point, can't feel but the urge to root for Walt to overcome the current situation and be the go-to guy in NM. I wonder and don't read this last sentence if you don't want to be spoiled; If the Mexican Cartel will get its revenge.

Isitjustme?
06-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Now that I am caught up, I just have one question. Anna Gunn's parents are these two right?

http://www.premiumseatsusa.com/concert/Bette-Midler/images/bette-midler.jpghttp://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/01/24/amd_jackjoker.jpg

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/anna-gunn-amcs-breaking-bad-season-premiere-sNyDI8.jpg

oh crap
06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2011/06/a-look-at-breaking-bad-season-4-video.php

Isitjustme?
07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
AMC is having a Breaking Bad marathon the next two weeks so everyone can get caught up:

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2011/06/breaking-bad-late-night-marathon.php

Bill_Brasky
07-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Finished the third season the other day. Love this show. Hank is a fucking baller and I feel like Walt is finally gonna stop giving a fuck about everything and focus on doing anything possible to survive. And I felt really, REALLY bad for Gale but it had to be done.

I can also see that Saul is really gonna start to get out of his comfort zone as things heat up, which might push him to try a few crazy things as well. This new season is gonna be the best so far imho.

Nathan89
07-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Never watched this show until the past week but now I am a big fan. Been watching some of the marathon AMC.

ChuckD
07-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Finished the third season the other day. Love this show. Hank is a fucking baller and I feel like Walt is finally gonna stop giving a fuck about everything and focus on doing anything possible to survive. And I felt really, REALLY bad for Gale but it had to be done.

I can also see that Saul is really gonna start to get out of his comfort zone as things heat up, which might push him to try a few crazy things as well. This new season is gonna be the best so far imho.

Hank is an idiot. He knows he's looking for a chemist, and his B.I.L., a chemist, suddenly has money for his expensive cancer treatments, no apparent job, and is carrying a second cell phone. He can't put that together? His sister sure as shit did. Maybe she should be the DEA agent. I also think a good DEA agent would have taken that one minute warning phone call a LOT more seriously. He wasted probably 20+ seconds of prep time calling that dude's VM, thinking it was a prank. Really?

spurs_2108
07-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Season 4 starts tomorrow! I was able to watch all the episodes again. Crazy how much I forgot happened. Totally forgot about jesse shooting gale....

IronMexican
07-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Is it tomorrow yet?

DJ Mbenga
07-16-2011, 09:27 PM
and so continues the journey from mr chips to scarface. i also noticed they are gonna show the killing after every episode. i havent seen this series yet. is it worth it? i only heard people trash the finale and how awful it was.

Darius McCrary
07-17-2011, 10:24 AM
8.5 hrs and counting :p:

IronMexican
07-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Been thinking about The Wire and Breaking Bad lately.

I think the suspense in BB is better, but the dialogue in , and depth of the characters on The Wire is what makes it a better show to me.

5 seasons seems perfect for BB. If only The Wire ended after 4.

Darius McCrary
07-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Wire had 5 and is the superior show. but BB is the best on tv right now

Nathan89
07-17-2011, 08:40 PM
:danceclub

Nathan89
07-17-2011, 08:41 PM
:corn:

Halberto
07-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I dont have a tv but Im dying to watch it.... anyone know a link where I can stream it live? I cant find any atdhe type website that streams actual channels... PLEASE PM ME!!! HELP :(

CFH729
07-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Any other DirecTV subscribers out there disappointed that they don't have AMC in HD? I guess I'm just an HD snob.

IronMexican
07-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Saw that Victor thing coming a mile away. Once he acted all frantic, it was over for him. He never lost his cool till then.

Ace
07-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Just started watching season one today. I know, I'm ashamed...

Halberto
07-17-2011, 10:13 PM
I actually yelled "HOLY SHIT!!!!" when that happened. The look on Jesse's face was hard to read... I couldn't tell if he enjoyed seeing it happen or if he was disgusted.

DJ Mbenga
07-17-2011, 10:35 PM
looks like gincarlo esposito is headed for an emmy nomination. it was obviously going to be victor. he was as minor a character to the show as gale was. interesting the show ended with his lab notes. i am sure the cops will find that very interesting.

Spurminator
07-17-2011, 11:35 PM
God I fucking love this show. So glad it's back.

The scene cut from the blood mopping to the ketchup was genius.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-17-2011, 11:57 PM
I never understood all the hype on The Wire. I watched season 1 and wasn't impressed at all. It was slow, boring, and flat out dragged. It never kept me wanting more. After I was told the rest of the seasons follow the same pace as season 1 (boring,slow/dragging), I saw no reason to continue. Man that hour long finale was brutal.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-17-2011, 11:59 PM
That led me to watching Breaking Bad which has been AWESOME! It kept me interested and wanting more. That is what a GREAT show does. I have not been disappointed. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds. I loved the start of it.

Bill_Brasky
07-18-2011, 05:28 PM
I knew Victor would die as soon as he let the people at the crime scene see him.

Very glad it happened, I didn't really like his character. Gus is not somebody to be fucked with.

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 05:44 PM
i've heard nothing but good things about this show so i'm finally going to check it out from the beginning... hopefully my expectations hold up.

leemajors
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
I never understood all the hype on The Wire. I watched season 1 and wasn't impressed at all. It was slow, boring, and flat out dragged. It never kept me wanting more. After I was told the rest of the seasons follow the same pace as season 1 (boring,slow/dragging), I saw no reason to continue. Man that hour long finale was brutal.

No comment.

mavsfan1000
07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Incredible first episode. I can't believe my brother doesn't like it. I guess it is too much for him. lol

Monostradamus
07-18-2011, 07:19 PM
I actually yelled "HOLY SHIT!!!!" when that happened. The look on Jesse's face was hard to read... I couldn't tell if he enjoyed seeing it happen or if he was disgusted.

Jesse's transformation was great this episode. I think the look was more of an animalistic "now I get it" moment he had with Gus. They're both killers and I think part of the look on his face was to show that he's not intimidated by Gus anymore.

Monostradamus
07-18-2011, 07:19 PM

L:lolL

Dirk Nowitzki
07-18-2011, 07:40 PM
No comment.

L:lolL

I had such high expectations for this show, and it failed to deliver. For a show to get me hooked, it has to stay interesting and keep me wanting more. I started off season 1 with excitement and it ended in major disappointment. My g/f is all about the show, and she has the entire collection. She was begging for me to see it, and I held back my thoughts until the end of season 1. I was expecting it to pick up, and it never did. It just dragged and dragged and was boring. She was pretty pissed when I told her all of this. :lol

I am a fan of The Shield, Breaking Bad, Dexter, 24, and a ton of other shows. This one just didn't do it for me. I gave it a whole season but it didn't do the trick. I did read up on the upcoming seasons to see all that happened though.

BlackSwordsMan
07-18-2011, 07:44 PM
man the wire has to be one of the most under rated shows ever. Its a shame you can't enjoy it

Dirk Nowitzki
07-18-2011, 07:50 PM
man the wire has to be one of the most under rated shows ever. Its a shame you can't enjoy it

I tried. I really did, but it never got me hooked. Late at night, I was even dosing off watching it. It isn't like I enjoyed hating it. Trust me I was PISSED because it didn't even come close to reaching my expectations. All I ever ask for on a show is to keep me interested and keep me wanting more. Get me emotionally involved with the characters etc etc.

King
07-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Jesse's transformation was great this episode. I think the look was more of an animalistic "now I get it" moment he had with Gus. They're both killers and I think part of the look on his face was to show that he's not intimidated by Gus anymore.

Jesse has been incredible this whole series. He was only originally written as a few episode guest star at the beginning - but he just killed it, and they kept him.

DJ Mbenga
07-18-2011, 10:23 PM

i wouldnt call it underrated. that show gets endless dick sucking from critics and viewers alike. its not unfounded, its worthy of it but maybe under appreciated is more true. nobody watched it. its like the shawshank redemption of tv shows. discovered after its released and or finished.

Isitjustme?
07-19-2011, 09:24 AM
I knew Victor would die as soon as he let the people at the crime scene see him.

Very glad it happened, I didn't really like his character. Gus is not somebody to be fucked with.

I would put Gus right behind Tuco in terms of scariest characters in this show's history. Gus uses violence for specific purposes while Tuco was a sadistic, unstable tweeker who was unpredictable, and that made him more terrifying to me. Both scary as fuck tho tbh

Isitjustme?
07-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Double Post Offense ftw! (http://www.basketballsense.com/Books/double-post_offense.aspx)

Booharv
07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I would put Gus right behind Tuco in terms of scariest characters in this show's history. Gus uses violence for specific purposes while Tuco was a sadistic, unstable tweeker who was unpredictable, and that made him more terrifying to me. Both scary as fuck tho tbh

That was definitely a badass scene.

SPOILER:

Gale is one dumb bitch. If you are working in a FUCKING METH LAB why the fuck are you taking your lab notes home?

Isitjustme?
07-19-2011, 09:43 AM
That was definitely a badass scene.

SPOILER:

Gale is one dumb bitch. If you are working in a FUCKING METH LAB why the fuck are you taking your lab notes home?

Gale is a cunt. I hope she dies.

Anyways,

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$%28KGrHqIOKo0E1z30%29tQhBNd+8IF1gg~~_3.JPG

Isitjustme?
07-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Another double post, jesus what a shit mouse.

Booharv
07-19-2011, 09:46 AM
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$%28KGrHqIOKo0E1z30%29tQhBNd+8IF1gg~~_3.JPG

Needs the sticker.

DJ Mbenga
07-21-2011, 12:58 AM

its hard to disagree:

http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/BB-S4-Episode-Photos/Episode-1-Gus-Victor.jpg

Drachen
07-21-2011, 08:43 AM
I really like this show, I am really happy that its back and because of my fanaticism for this show, I know that what I am about to say is relatively sacrelidge, but I felt that the episode dragged a lot. I mean the entire episode was really about an hour of waiting where one (maybe two) thing(s) happened. Waiting can be good for the building of suspense, but it can't be streched for an hour and has to be done right. I really hope that this episode was just an hour of stage setting for a great season, but taken on its own merits this episode was not in the top half of series episodes for me (a bad thing to say about a premier or finale).

Oh well, I guess I will go back to catching up to Sons of Anarchy.

IronMexican
07-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Today, fagots.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
I think Jesse is going to hit the pipe hard fucking core again in this episode

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 11:02 PM
I think Jesse is going to hit the pipe hard fucking core again in this episode

Called it.

mavsfan1000
07-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Walt needs to chill. Jesse is falling apart. I guess that is expected. They wear their emotion on their sleeve too much. They should probably be dead but this show needs them to be alive to continue.

DJ Mbenga
07-24-2011, 11:26 PM
slow episode. i knew it was coming.

Nathan89
07-24-2011, 11:34 PM
^This

The episode was really slow not much happened. Definitely one of my least favorite episodes.

mavsfan1000
07-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah I think this show is stuck in a rut right now. I don't know how they'll pull through this.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Jesse needs to achieve a new level of C&P with his drug usage.

Walt needs to get a Walther ppk .380 double action like Brother Mouzone, and kill the fuck outta Gus by not going thru the front door

BlackSwordsMan
07-25-2011, 12:09 AM
i wouldnt call it underrated. that show gets endless dick sucking from critics and viewers alike. its not unfounded, its worthy of it but maybe under appreciated is more true. nobody watched it. its like the shawshank redemption of tv shows. discovered after its released and or finished.

it got shit on by every major award, not that it matters but still ya know

Monostradamus
07-25-2011, 08:51 PM
You guys are retarded. This episode was fantastic. Just because there's not a shitload of nonstop action doesn't mean it isn't good. Appreciate the buildup.

btw I fucking hate Skylar so much it makes me want to puke. Fucking things up for Walt with every step. I guarantee you that she's going to be killed at some point before this series is over, and when she dies I will freaking jump out of my seat and celebrate harder than I did when the Mavs won the title.

Monostradamus
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Also, I realized why Jesse is so essential to the story. He's the moral center of the story. You might think it's Walt but it's not.

Everything Walt has done has been purely out of his own self-interest. He had too much pride to take charity, so he started cooking. That's how it began, with selfish pride. Even his loyalty to Jesse is purely selfish, because he knows he personally cannot trust another co-worker. It's 100% selfishness and even though you root for Walt, he isn't the true moral center of the show.

Jesse has shown time and again that even with his idiotic, and sometimes selfish behavior, there's a foundation of selflessness and human decency within him that drives everything he does. It's Jesse that keeps you watching this show.

IronMexican
07-25-2011, 09:00 PM
They're going to play us along like Jesse is going to finally be what Walt, Mike and Gus are. Whatever it takes to get it done, but he wont pull the trigger next time they need him to. I remember being fulled early on in season 3.

Monostradamus
07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Jesse doesn't have it in him to be like them. He has too much humanity. Sure he killed Gail, but only because it would save his friend's life. To kill truly in cold blood isn't in him.

But I think if it comes down to Gus vs. Jesse, that Jesse would win. Jesse's look at Gus in the first episode was pretty clearly that he isn't the least bit intimidated by Gus anymore.

Halberto
07-26-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah I think this show is stuck in a rut right now. I don't know how they'll pull through this.

The writer's guild requires shows like this to allow inexperienced writers to create at least one episode. You can usually tell which episode it is, such as this one.

leemajors
07-26-2011, 07:25 AM
I really like this show, I am really happy that its back and because of my fanaticism for this show, I know that what I am about to say is relatively sacrelidge, but I felt that the episode dragged a lot. I mean the entire episode was really about an hour of waiting where one (maybe two) thing(s) happened. Waiting can be good for the building of suspense, but it can't be streched for an hour and has to be done right. I really hope that this episode was just an hour of stage setting for a great season, but taken on its own merits this episode was not in the top half of series episodes for me (a bad thing to say about a premier or finale).

Oh well, I guess I will go back to catching up to Sons of Anarchy.

Sons turned into the most boring, predictable, melodramatic POS I have ever seen in the second season.

Spurminator
07-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Breaking Bad has settled into a groove where they can afford to do things that great TV series do, like have a few "slow" shows at the beginning of a season to set up the action later on. It doesn't have to be action packed every episode. That's what shows like 24 do to mask the fact that they are terribly written.

I think the first two episodes have been great and I'm even more excited about where the season is heading.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Also, I realized why Jesse is so essential to the story. He's the moral center of the story. You might think it's Walt but it's not.

Everything Walt has done has been purely out of his own self-interest. He had too much pride to take charity, so he started cooking. That's how it began, with selfish pride. Even his loyalty to Jesse is purely selfish, because he knows he personally cannot trust another co-worker. It's 100% selfishness and even though you root for Walt, he isn't the true moral center of the show.

Jesse has shown time and again that even with his idiotic, and sometimes selfish behavior, there's a foundation of selflessness and human decency within him that drives everything he does. It's Jesse that keeps you watching this show.

Pretty funny if you just now realized that about jesse. They have been pounding away at that theme since season two. Walt is a piece of shit, a huge selfish asshole. Every step of the way he has been fucking over and ruining jesses life. This started in like the second or third episode when jesses house started getting destroyed, although back then it was funny to watch jesse get screwed over. Now after multiple hospital trips, broken bones, lost loved ones, broken relationships, and almost every aspect of his life other than drug making being taken away from him, i just hope jesse makes it out okay and walt gets what's coming to him.

Halberto
07-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Pretty funny if you just now realized that about jesse. They have been pounding away at that theme since season two. Walt is a piece of shit, a huge selfish asshole. Every step of the way he has been fucking over and ruining jesses life. This started in like the second or third episode when jesses house started getting destroyed, although back then it was funny to watch jesse get screwed over. Now after multiple hospital trips, broken bones, lost loved ones, broken relationships, and almost every aspect of his life other than drug making being taken away from him, i just hope jesse makes it out okay and walt gets what's coming to him.

True, some of the hardships Jesse's faced can be seen as Walt's fault. You're overlooking a lot of things though. Walt didn't tell Jesse to do Heroin. Hell, he brought him to rehab and saved all his money. Walt didn't think Jesse would get beat into a near coma by Tuco, but when he found out he went back to Tuco and managed to make him pay the hospital bills. Walt killed two guys for him.... I could go on and on but Jesse's drug abuse is the most obvious source of his problems.

This feels weird to defend a fictional character. I guess that's just how good this show is :toast

vander
07-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I can't remember, was the show always this slow? first 2 episodes could have easily been, and should have been, just one episode, or 3/4ths of an episode.

also, the writers have been going wherever the wind blows them since season 2, and then when they don't know how to continue with a storyline, they just kill off some character(s) and reset back to Jessee and Walt cooking meth and struggling with their personal lives.

still, it's about the only drama worth tuning in to IMO

Cant_Be_Faded
07-26-2011, 01:33 PM
yep every altruistic action walt makes also always benefits him personally. But what i was saying at first about jesse is that he has been shown to be the only one with a good heart since around the time he was supposed to kill that guy whose wife killed him anyways with the atm machine. he felt for that little ginger kid and we kinda saw how he had a noble heart. That's why we may actually see jesse change for the worst now that he has killed in cold blood and realizes he may be killed at any moment.

PM5K
07-26-2011, 04:28 PM
I can't read any of this because I just finished watching the first season, but wow.

mavsfan1000
08-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Another interesting episode. It went away from the business and went with storylines around it since Walt really can't get out of that situation. Spy cameras might be used to figure out how to make the Meth the way Walt does it.

Spurminator
08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Anna Gunn is so over-Botoxed this season she's almost unwatchable.

leemajors
08-01-2011, 05:02 PM
the mask

Nathan89
08-02-2011, 12:56 AM
I don't know why Walter was acting like the car wash deal was definitely not going to happen after only waiting 5 hours. Then after his wife negotiates he thinks she ruined the deal because the guy didn't automatically call back. Stupid writing, imo.

Besides that I thought it was a good episode. I like the season opener and this episode but the second one was terrible.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Anna Gunn is so over-Botoxed this season she's almost unwatchable.

rofl. I was wondering what it was about her that looked off. I think she also put on a few.

ChuckD
08-02-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't know why Walter was acting like the car wash deal was definitely not going to happen after only waiting 5 hours. Then after his wife negotiates he thinks she ruined the deal because the guy didn't automatically call back. Stupid writing, imo.

That's pretty much just Walter. I don't see anything in those two situations that is in conflict with his home character over the past 3 seasons. He's perfecting his cooking, and his violent nature, but he's still a clueless fuck about other people and their natures. If I were in Walter's circle of friends and family, I'd never believe the "gambling" money story they're trying to spin. He lacks any kind of imagination or moxie to succeed at gambling.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-02-2011, 10:51 PM
yeah he's pretty much a giant egotistical nerd that has found a passion for breaking more bad

Cane
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I thought the most recent episode was one of the worst of the series if not the worst. I don't always need gruesome deaths like exploding turtles but this episode overall felt like filler material on an otherwise great album.

Skylar and Walt make me cringe when they're on screen, there's just not a lot of great stuff happening there. Walt and Jesse is where the show is at its best.

It'll undoubtedly pick up and according to Gilligan the show is set for 5 seasons with the possibility of it showing up to another network if AMC lowballs them.

Anyway a prediction: The lab gets compromised and they move the stuff to the car wash where it will run into problems with the previous owner if he hires a lawyer. Oh yea and people will die or get hurt in the process. Maybe Skylar and Walt need to rely on old friends to make the car wash purchase more realistic financially like borrowing money from one of their rich business friends unless those characters are gone.

Drachen
08-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I thought the most recent episode was one of the worst of the series if not the worst. I don't always need gruesome deaths like exploding turtles but this episode overall felt like filler material on an otherwise great album.

Agreed.... So far this season I have had a "meh" feeling about the show. Hopefully this is indeed just the set up for a dynamite second half of the season.

On a different subject.... Has anyone seen "lie to me"? My wife and I are caught up with sons of anarchy so we had to move to something new and saw this on netflix. I have watched three episodes and I like it so far. The main character reminds me of house (sarcastic asshole genius). I don't know about it though. I just think that it may be too formulaic and get boring real fast. Has anyone seen it to comment on it?

The Gemini Method
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Agreed.... So far this season I have had a "meh" feeling about the show. Hopefully this is indeed just the set up for a dynamite second half of the season.

On a different subject.... Has anyone seen "lie to me"? My wife and I are caught up with sons of anarchy so we had to move to something new and saw this on netflix. I have watched three episodes and I like it so far. The main character reminds me of house (sarcastic asshole genius). I don't know about it though. I just think that it may be too formulaic and get boring real fast. Has anyone seen it to comment on it?

You hit the nail on the head. Lie To Me became too predictable that I didn't really keep watching it. Probably why they axed the show as well.

This season of Breaking Bad seems to be what most have said in this thread; mundane. However, I think it is setting up the viewers for a super-climatic end kind've like the fall of Tony Montana, but a rather short ascension by Walt and perhaps Skyler until it all comes tumbling down as is the case of most drug kingpins.

Drachen
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
You hit the nail on the head. Lie To Me became too predictable that I didn't really keep watching it. Probably why they axed the show as well.

This season of Breaking Bad seems to be what most have said in this thread; mundane. However, I think it is setting up the viewers for a super-climatic end kind've like the fall of Tony Montana, but a rather short ascension by Walt and perhaps Skyler until it all comes tumbling down as is the case of most drug kingpins.

So the other TV shows I have on my queue are Mad Men, Rescue Me, and Weeds. I have seen one episode of the two latter and none of the former. The two latter look good, but I havent gotten around to watching any more. Of those three (plus lie to me) could yall please rank them?

Dex
08-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I guess I need to start watching this show.

CuckingFunt
08-04-2011, 03:35 PM
So the other TV shows I have on my queue are Mad Men, Rescue Me, and Weeds. I have seen one episode of the two latter and none of the former. The two latter look good, but I havent gotten around to watching any more. Of those three (plus lie to me) could yall please rank them?

1. Mad Men
4. the first few seasons of Weeds
8. the rest of Weeds

And I've never watched Rescue Me. Or Lie to Me.

oh crap
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM
agree that this season has to be a build up so far but it should be worth it when it peaks.

and yeah- the first few seasons of weeds were fucking gold.

The Gemini Method
08-04-2011, 04:33 PM
1.Mad Men
1a.Breaking Bad (both are my favorite...but I can't put Walt White above Don Draper...)
2.Weeds
3.Rescue Me (I just can't get used to Dennis Leary)
4.Lie to Me

Biased a little bit, but I enjoy the complexity of the relationships in the Mad Men.

Nathan89
08-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I watched the first couple of episodes of the first season of Mad Men and it didn't start off nearly as good as Breaking Bad. Mad Men has a high rating though so I will probably watch some more episodes in the future. It was pretty good just not as good. IMO, almost every episode of Breaking Bad has been pretty solid.

The Gemini Method
08-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I actually thought Breaking Bad started off slower...built up speed and came together towards the end. That seems to be the m.o. for the writers every season...although, you can make the argument that the 2nd season was full throttle from the start. Mad Men is a constant web of creativity with the writing intertwines as the season unfolds. The Wire was the same way and that's why The Wire is top-10 TV series of all-time in my opinion.

PM5K
08-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Interesting takes on something I was thinking about as well. Right now I'm on season two episode four or five, can't recall off hand. It really seems to me like you'll have one episode where it's balls to the wall exciting, and it will end in a cliffhanger. That next episode usually clears everything up, and then the one after that is incredibly boring.

I know you have to explore the characters, etc but it can be quite boring at times.

The first three episodes that deal with Tuco are a good example. The first two are great, and intense, but after that it's Walt making up lies and cooking breakfast.

It's just such a big difference between the intense episodes, and the shit ass boring ones.

mavsfan1000
08-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Wonder what will happen to Jesse Pinkman. Are they killing him off? lol

Nathan89
08-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Nice episode.

Walt has to try save that idiot again.

lol Walt only does things out of self interest.

The guy clearly cares for the well being of Jesse.

Halberto
08-08-2011, 01:56 AM
nice episode.

Lol walt only does things out of self interest.

The guy clearly cares for the well being of jesse.

+1

ChuckD
08-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Nice episode.

lol Walt only does things out of self interest.

The guy clearly cares for the well being of Jesse.

He "cares" about Jesse in the sense that it would be damn near impossible to hit his quota without him, and Jesse knows everything about Walt and the operation. If Jesse were gone, Walt would need a new assistant, and you could start the countdown on his life clock. They are each other's fail safes, but only Walt seems to realize this.

Isitjustme?
08-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Great opening scene and good cliffhanger heading into next week. Looking like it's about to jump up a notch here.

Cane
08-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Walt cares a little about Jesse but Jesse's been showing him the door and going over the edge. Walt seemed a little guilty about letting his gf die from the Fly episode. But overall Walt only cares about his family and smooth sailing.

Anyway Gus seems screwed since the DEA will investigate that cartel shooting and those lab notes probably don't help either (btw that karaoke shit was hilarious).

Jesse's either going to turn into Mike 2.0 if he's ready to kill more or he's going to disappear like what Saul can provide. Mike needs a new Victor, guarding that truck was a young man's job and they might go on the offensive now against the cartel. Mike could also scare Jesse if he uses his kid-brother or friends like Badger as leverage.

Great episode, this season's gotta be the downfall of Gus.

InK
08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Weeds used to be a really good show, first two seasons were enjoyable, after that it just went downhill fast. Now its just scenes of absurd unrealistic situations the characters manage to get themselfs into collaged together into an unwatchable mess. When it gets bad too much for you, and say meh, i suggest u just stop watching, it will just get worse from that point on.

Mad Men on other hand is completely on the level, consistent writting with interesting plots, subplots and subsubplots, brilliant characters which you slowly grow to love, and its kinda fun watching the 60s come alive. Oh and ye, the intro is perfection.

Lie to me i only watched two episodes and it looks like crap. From the new shows i think ur better of watching Boardwalk Empire and How To Make it America, both pretty decent.

Nathan89
08-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Wonder what will happen to Jesse Pinkman. Are they killing him off? lol

TBH, I doubt he gets killed. A show needs characters to be opposites to create conflict. Walt an Jesse does that for BB. Their won't be another character that brings what Jesse does.

Not sure what is going to happen to him though.

Nathan89
08-08-2011, 11:32 PM
He "cares" about Jesse in the sense that it would be damn near impossible to hit his quota without him, and Jesse knows everything about Walt and the operation. If Jesse were gone, Walt would need a new assistant, and you could start the countdown on his life clock. They are each other's fail safes, but only Walt seems to realize this.

Walt risked everything to save Jesse by killing those low level street dealers. At that time if he didn't save him they could have got that other guy back to help Walt. Walt saved him anyways; knowing that it could jeopardize his business with Gus.

ChuckD
08-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Walt risked everything to save Jesse by killing those low level street dealers. At that time if he didn't save him they could have got that other guy back to help Walt. Walt saved him anyways; knowing that it could jeopardize his business with Gus.

Again, you're attributing to altruism what is self-preservation. If Jesse gets into a gun fight with those two dudes, he's likely to be either killed or arrested, and then he'd drop dime on Walt.

Pure and simple: Jesse could destroy Walt, so Walt keeps pulling his bacon out of the fire.

Halberto
08-09-2011, 01:06 AM
This debate is becoming more and more pointless.

IronMexican
08-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Don't get how you could argue that Walt isn't helping Jesse for the sake of helping Jesse.

Spurminator
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Gale's karaoke video:

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/breaking-bad-gales-karaoke-video

IronMexican
08-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Anyone think there's even an off chance Gus and Mike tell Jesse what Walt could have done to save Jane?

Halberto
08-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Do they know Walt just stood there?

IronMexican
08-09-2011, 06:27 PM
They could. Mike did get to check out the house before that. I'd imagine he would know.

Cane
08-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Nah I doubt Mike knows and even if he did it would be stupid to tell Jesse since he'd just try and fuck things up even more.

But I do think Jesse is ready to kill more and will be trained to fight against the cartels with Mike. Mike will probably use that blindfolded guy as a test to see if Jesse really is ready to kill and break even more bad.

ChuckD
08-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Don't get how you could argue that Walt isn't helping Jesse for the sake of helping Jesse.

Basically because the show isn't called Breaking Buds.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Basically because the show isn't called Breaking Buds.

pwnt

i think it's up to Vince and other writers on the show to pull it off, but they're obviously trying to make Walt bailing Jesse out more and more ambiguous in regards to motive. They're smarter than just sticking to Walt bailing out jesse because he likes him over and over and over and over again

Besides Gale's karaoke video, the second funniest moment of the last episode was Mike staring at the X-Acto Knife amongst the pens in Gus' coffee cup on his desk. The camera focused on it then defocused and shows Mike just staring at it....fuckin awesome

I think Mike's about to crack

Nathan89
08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI7MY4FhEqzxG_cb7aeRmcHsMA3jHlr 741d67bQ4MAKv5CWfFi
"Yo, it's on tonight bitch"

mavsfan1000
08-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Intense episode. Very hard to read what was going to happen next.

Spurminator
08-15-2011, 09:35 AM
AMC Renews Breaking Bad for 16 More Episodes to Conclude Series
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2011/08/amc-renews-brea.php

AMC announced today that Breaking Bad, the Emmy Award-winning and critically lauded drama series from acclaimed writer-producer-director Vince Gilligan has been renewed for a 16 episode order that will conclude the series. Production on all episodes of the final order will commence in early 2012. The roll-out of the episodes and premiere date schedule has yet to be determined by the network. The announcement was made by Charlie Collier, president of AMC.

Breaking Bad's fourth season premiered on Sun., Jul. 18 to the highest ratings ever for the series. Household ratings are 30% stronger than Season 3 and Season 4 is delivering 28% more total viewers and over 45% more adults 18-34 than last season. The series was recognized as "...the most complete and extraordinary show on TV" by Entertainment Weekly while Daily Variety called it "the most addictive show on the air."

spurs_2108
08-17-2011, 08:47 AM
I hope they don't split the last 16 episodes into two seasons. That would suck majorly.

ChuckD
08-22-2011, 07:39 AM
I hope they don't split the last 16 episodes into two seasons. That would suck majorly.

AMC does weird shit with their shows, sometimes. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they DID split it into two seasons, even, or otherwise.

OK, on to this episode:

1) Walt is a fucking idiot, and an egomaniac, to boot. When your DEA bro-in-law is about to give up on his quasi investigation, you don't give him ammo to continue, just because he thinks someone else (Gale) is responsible for your primo product.

2) I still think Gus and Mike are setting up Jesse. The life of one of Gus's couriers is a very dangerous one, and that would be the perfect way to kill him without actually "killing" him. Just put him in the back of one of the chicken batter/Meth delivery trucks, and let the cartel do the rest.

3) I think Gus is done. With Hank finding the Pollos Hermanos t-shirt at the scene of the murder of Gale the vegan, I think the jig is up.

mavsfan1000
08-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Great episode. It will be sad when this show ends. I wonder how it will end.

Cane
08-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Why the fuck is Gus trying to make Walt more paranoid? Walt can be just as dangerous and dumb as a house-partying Jesse and he's got the means to start his own business. Trying to kill off either Walt or Jesse also wouldn't be good for the meth business either.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see what goes on in the next cartel meeting. Will they bring Jesse as a bodyguard to the meeting? Send him or Walt to the cartels and forge a crazy alliance? Who the fuck knows but this past episode was the best of the season so far and the past 3 have really picked up the pace.

Fpoonsie
08-23-2011, 03:07 PM
1) Walt is a fucking idiot, and an egomaniac, to boot. When your DEA bro-in-law is about to give up on his quasi investigation, you don't give him ammo to continue, just because he thinks someone else (Gale) is responsible for your primo product.

But it's in keeping with his character. All that stuff Hank was saying about "doing something else with his life given his genius" and whatnot was hitting entirely too close to home. It's what he's dealt with internally for his entire life. In fact, have they ever really answered the question as to why Walt didn't continue on in Gray Matter and began teaching high school? I can't recall.

2) I still think Gus and Mike are setting up Jesse. The life of one of Gus's couriers is a very dangerous one, and that would be the perfect way to kill him without actually "killing" him. Just put him in the back of one of the chicken batter/Meth delivery trucks, and let the cartel do the rest.

I think that continues to be Gus' plan, but I can't shake the feeling that Mike's really starting to warm up to him. There's some small level of sympathy in Mike whereas Gus is completely devoid of emotion. Just fucking ruthless...which is awesome.

This last episode was the first time I ever felt a SINCERE level of disdain for our developing antihero Walt. His grilling of Jesse in the back and his insistence that "it's all about me" while discrediting Jesse entirely made no sense. So what if Jesse feels useful now. It's made him more productive...it's got him off tha junk. So he's not around occasionally for clean-up. WGAF?

It prolly goes back to YOUR point, Chuck, about his egomania. It's annoying.

cantthinkofanything
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
But it's in keeping with his character. All that stuff Hank was saying about "doing something else with his life given his genius" and whatnot was hitting entirely too close to home. It's what he's dealt with internally for his entire life. In fact, have they ever really answered the question as to why Walt didn't continue on in Gray Matter and began teaching high school? I can't recall.

I think that continues to be Gus' plan, but I can't shake the feeling that Mike's really starting to warm up to him. There's some small level of sympathy in Mike whereas Gus is completely devoid of emotion. Just fucking ruthless...which is awesome.

This last episode was the first time I ever felt a SINCERE level of disdain for our developing antihero Walt. His grilling of Jesse in the back and his insistence that "it's all about me" while discrediting Jesse entirely made no sense. So what if Jesse feels useful now. It's made him more productive...it's got him off tha junk. So he's not around occasionally for clean-up. WGAF?

It prolly goes back to YOUR point, Chuck, about his egomania. It's annoying.

I finally got to catch up on this season.

One thing that didn't ring true to his character (IMO) on the last episode was Walt's use of the Hondurans to clean up the lab. As paranoid as Walt has been, I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't think or realize he was jeopardizing the safety of the cleaning women. I was somewhat suprised, given Gus's ruthlessness, that they weren't killed. With Walt to bear even more guilt.

Fpoonsie
08-24-2011, 12:31 PM
I think that's simply due to the fact that Walt's been swingin' his dick more this season. From his speech to his wife about being the "guy that knocks" to his insistence on keeping that Paki's (?) first dollar and using it on a coke (which was fucking pimp), to his sitting back, relaxing, and toasting the camera while the Honduran's tidied up.

He's finally seeing how much weight he has to throw around. It's outta character for previous seasons Walt, but seems to be developing in the 4th...

cantthinkofanything
08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
I think that's simply due to the fact that Walt's been swingin' his dick more this season. From his speech to his wife about being the "guy that knocks" to his insistence on keeping that Paki's (?) first dollar and using it on a coke (which was fucking pimp), to his sitting back, relaxing, and toasting the camera while the Honduran's tidied up.

He's finally seeing how much weight he has to throw around. It's outta character for previous seasons Walt, but seems to be developing in the 4th...

Yeah, that's all true. I guess they could be bulding to something pretty big. Seems like he's cracking on some level. I loved the tension created in the Pollos Hermanos scence when he was waiting for Gus. Seemed like he was a hair away from whipping out the pistol.

EDIT: I just read that the show will be done after the 5th season so I guess it makes sense for Walt to go through one more major change. I'll hate to see it go but I'm glad they aren't going to just drag out foreever.

oh crap
08-28-2011, 10:06 PM
shit just got real. i think the season's really gonna pick up from here.

Fpoonsie
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
shit just got real. i think the season's really gonna pick up from here.

Hope so.

I've still enjoyed the season, for the most part. It just doesn't seem to have that cliffhanger-like grab that the majority of the prior seasons' eps had. Maybe they feel like they've already gotten their audience by this point, so those invested will stick around. And, to their credit, that's prolly true. Atleast, it is in MY case.

cantthinkofanything
08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Hope so.

I've still enjoyed the season, for the most part. It just doesn't seem to have that cliffhanger-like grab that the majority of the prior seasons' eps had. Maybe they feel like they've already gotten their audience by this point, so those invested will stick around. And, to their credit, that's prolly true. Atleast, it is in MY case.

Maybe I was sleeping somewhere. How did Gus's fingerprints end up at Gayle's?

Cane
08-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Hope so.

I see what you mean since the other seasons had those weird teddy bear intro's and random stuff like a music video featuring a mariachi band singing the cartels will hunt down Heisenberg.

This season started out slow but the past few episodes have been excellent and the pace has picked up. Now the DEA, cartels, and possibly Walt/Jesse are going to give Gus a lot of serious problems. Should be good stuff ahead.

Compared to past seasons, this season has also been missing Jesse/Walt scenes and crazy side characters like Tuco. Having Hank sidelined also made things less interesting since that means less DEA action too.

AnthonyM
08-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Maybe I was sleeping somewhere. How did Gus's fingerprints end up at Gayle's?

They showed in a flashback at the beginning of the season that Gus went over to his apartment to talk to him about taking Walt's place...and Gail said he wasn't ready yet and all this...

Gus ends up touching a few things in the scene..

cantthinkofanything
08-30-2011, 12:51 PM
They showed in a flashback at the beginning of the season that Gus went over to his apartment to talk to him about taking Walt's place...and Gail said he wasn't ready yet and all this...

Gus ends up touching a few things in the scene..

Gracias. Makes sense now.

Nathan89
08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
The season is getting better and better. Hank is finally doing some decent DEA work.

ChuckD
09-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm calling Walt's fate right now. He'll be shot in the fucking head just like every other chemist who works with Gus. :lol That flashback was nasty. I guess we know who the other Pollo Hermano WAS.

Spurminator
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
One of the best episodes of the series.

leemajors
09-05-2011, 04:41 PM
One of the best episodes of the series.

It was pretty good. Patton Oswalt really liked it, saying it was one of the ten best hours of TV he has ever seen on twitter.

ChuckD
09-06-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't know who's sweating more right now, Gus or Walt.

Kamala
09-10-2011, 04:54 PM
It seems pretty clear that this season is a setup to make Walt the new king-pin. I do like that next season is slated to be the last. Hopefully the writers can really deliver knowing where the end point for the series will be.

DJ Mbenga
09-11-2011, 06:46 PM
i think gus is done. and its not just because i read the last episode's description. like last year's it was cryptic and doesn't reveal a whole lot. somebody is gonna die. and it should be confirmed with AMC's warnings before every episode of "violence may come be warned".

Bender
09-11-2011, 07:49 PM
re: Fpoonsie's sig pic -

I've never seen the cartoon, I don't even know what it is. but I just noticed... the hole in the rock wall reminds me of something...

Back on track... new episode tonight!

ChuckD
09-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Wow...just fucking wow.

Bender
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
pretty cool when Jesse bounced the tracker off walt's skull...

Death In June
09-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Walt's crossing that threshold to being completely unsympathetic.

resistanze
09-12-2011, 08:36 AM

He crossed that threshold loooooong ago.

Monostradamus
09-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Skylar will die before the series is over, I'm sure of it. She's fucking Walt's shit up so bad. Her death will make me so happy I might masturbate to it.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Skylar will die before the series is over, I'm sure of it. She's fucking Walt's shit up so bad. Her death will make me so happy I might masturbate to it.

Fuck yeah and hopefully those T's are pressed up all high too when it happens. on a side note, did anyone else find the scene with mike and jesse when they were cleaning up to be extremely awkward? When mike just kept staring at jesse and asked will who kill who? Something about that was very weird and i wish i had re watched it before deleting the episode.

ChuckD
09-12-2011, 10:09 PM

Yeah, two seasons ago. He ceased being in any way sympathetic when he let Jane die, and watched.

vander
09-13-2011, 09:43 AM
so how is it possible to owe that much in back taxes when your company is obviously not making any money, but rather, hemorrhaging money?

cantthinkofanything
09-17-2011, 10:11 AM
so how is it possible to owe that much in back taxes when your company is obviously not making any money, but rather, hemorrhaging money?

I don't remember them getting into the details but I assume the money was going straight into Ted's pocket taxfree.

Nathan89
09-18-2011, 09:11 PM
:lmao Jesse acting like Walter.

Nathan89
09-18-2011, 09:58 PM
:wow

Nathan89
09-18-2011, 10:01 PM
:wow

resistanze
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Hot diggity damn!

IronMexican
09-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Hole fuark.

Nathan89
09-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Now that was an action packed episode. The last two episodes have been great.

ChuckD
09-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Gus is toast. He didn't puke in time. I guess this is how Walter becomes the big cheese. Wonder if Mike makes it. Doesn't look good if he can't drive them out of there.

spurs_2108
09-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Holy shit

DJ Mbenga
09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Gus wont die. he took that semi antidote or whatever the hell he swallowed.

ChuckD
09-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Gus wont die. he took that semi antidote or whatever the hell he swallowed.

Gus is going to eventually die anyway. They're setting up WW to be the kingpin. It would be pretty dumb to save Gus just to kill him another way. Gus also took that pill right before he had his little convo with the Don, and then he went in to puke. It was too late.

Bender
09-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Maybe he wont die, but he will be too bad off to continue as kingpin.

Spurminator
09-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I think they're setting Jesse up to be Kingpin. With Walter as his cook after he loses everything else.

Cane
09-19-2011, 09:49 AM
It'll be fun to see how Jesse handles a less-than-100% Walt, Jesse, and Mike. Will he throw in some revenge or will he respect them as if they were a close friend?

mavsfan1000
09-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Gus isn't as bad as I thought. Glad he got his revenge on those psychos in Mexico.

mavsfan1000
09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Jesse was loyal.

ChuckD
09-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Gus isn't as bad as I thought. Glad he got his revenge on those psychos in Mexico.

WTF? Gus is one of the most inhuman characters on TV, EVER. He's a fucking reptile. Killing other psychos doesn't make him any less one.

ChuckD
09-19-2011, 07:35 PM
I think they're setting Jesse up to be Kingpin. With Walter as his cook after he loses everything else.

Jesse doesn't need a cook. He proved that this episode. If he's a kingpin, Walt's either dead or out of the picture to die of cancer. Jesse will never put up with his bullshit to go from 96 to 98% pure.

Bender
09-19-2011, 07:39 PM
at least walt seemed to finally realize that he's been a real shithead. or maybe it was just the pills & alcohol he did the night before like he said to his son.

I'm going to miss this show when it's over... it's the only show I regularly watch of tv currently.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow what an amazing episode!!!!

Only two more left and I am pissed cuz I just want MORE

I love the way they are fleshing out Gus' character. So great. Also, whoever first mentioned in this thread how Jesse was getting set up to be the new Mike freaking called it. I would have never guessed that so early, but that one guy did.

Sad to see Mike get got like that, but wow.

Such a fucking bad ass episode, Gus made a power play, Trojan Horse style.

Walt realizing the error of his ways while fucked up on painkillers only means that he's gonna still be a dick when he's normal and not fucked up.

Jesse FTMFW. That early scene where he calls that Mexican Chemist a bitch was one of his most powerful scenes in the show thus far. Fucking awesome.