PDA

View Full Version : 1 opening in new Dynasty Roto League..

TheTruth
03-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Had an owner drop out, we have our draft next Sunday. It is a $50 buy in, and it's run on cbssports.com. You would have the #11 pick in a 12 team draft. Not too bad considering it's a snake.

Here is the league constitution.

SOUTH TEXAS ROTO LEAGUE CONSTITUTION

12 Team

PRIZE PAYOUTS:
12 Teams X $50 per team = 600
600 - 170 (cbs fee) = 430

1st place: $250
2nd place: $130
3rd place: $50

ROSTER SPECIFICATIONS:
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP,
+ 6 bench spots
+ Max of 10 Minor League Players on your roster. To be drafted anytime during the Leagues draft.
+ 2 players maximum are allowed to be on the injured list, and will not count against your active roster. They must be on the MLB injured list, and must be reactivated or dropped if when they come off the injured list.

If your roster is illegal during any weekly scoring period, you will receive a 0 for that week. No exceptions.

PLAYOFFS:
There will be Six playoff teams. The division winners and 4 wild card teams. The division winners will receive a first week bye. The playoffs will take a total of 3 weeks,

PLAYOFF TIEBREAKER:
In the event a playoff round ends in a tie, the team with the best reserve players' stats will advance.
If that is also a tie, we will go to the head-to-head results from the season...a combined total of the stats.
If that is a tie, we will flip a coin.

KEEPERS:
Non Playoff Teams will be able to keep a total of 18 players.
3rd - 6th places will be able to keep 16 players.
2nd place will be able to keep 14 players.
The Champion will be able to keep 12 players.
Prospects will not count against your big league keepers if they are not on a Major League roster at the end of the season.

Players picked up off of waivers AFTER the trade deadline ARE NOT eligible to be kept.

PROSPECTS:
For a player to be considered a prospect, he has to be on a Minor League roster. If they are moved up to and play for their Major League team during the season, you must either drop a player to add them to your roster, or drop the prospect. If you drop a prospect, you can not pick up another one until the next season draft. These players WILL NOT count against your positional quotas.

The rights to prospects can be traded, and you can keep up 12 (raised from 10) prospects on your roster at any one time. Prospect's must be moved up to the active roster within a week after they are moved up to their Major League Team.

Prospects can not be moved up to the Active Roster until they are officially added to their Major League Team's 25 man roster and appear in at least 1 game.

Prospect's DO NOT have to be moved up after August 1st. If you want to keep him in the Minors so that he does not count against your Keepers for next season, you can keeper him on your Minor League Roster. If a Minor Leaguer is on your roster ANYTIME after August 1st, he loses his Minor League eligibility for this season and must be listed as a Keeper for next season.

After the draft is completed and until the regular season starts, any player that did not end last season on a Major League roster is still considered a prospect and is ineligible to be picked up off of waivers.

DRAFT
TBD. If you are not able to attend the draft live, you MUST give me a draft list before the draft. If not, your players will be selected through the CBS Sports player rankings.

After the draft is completed and until the regular season starts, any player that did not end last season on a Major League roster is ineligible to be picked off of waivers.

THE INJURED LIST
Abuse of the Injured list will not be tolerated. If a player comes off the injured list, you have 7 days to take him off. I will be monitoring all lineups very closely, and will give you a warning that your 7 days may be coming up soon. If the player is not taken off the injured list he will be taken off your roster and placed into the free agent pool. There are no exceptions. Even if it is Albert Pujols.

ILLEGAL ROSTERS
All teams must keep their rosters legal at all times. If you pick up a players, you must drop another to ensure that your roster stays legal. If I see that your roster is illegal I will send you an email asking for you to make your roster legal. If 24 hours pass without your roster being fixed, I will drop the player you picked up.

Hoarding players throughout the week hurts every other Franchise and won't be tolerated.

SCORING CATEGORIES:

Roto 5 by 5

Hitting Categories:
1) Batting Average
2) Home Runs
3) Runs
4) Runs Batted In
5) Stolen Bases

Pitching Categories:
1) Earned Run Average
2) Strikeouts
3) Saves
4) Wins
5) WHIP - Walks + Hits per innings pitched

Thunder Dan
03-21-2010, 01:26 PM
when is the draft

TheTruth
03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
March 28, 2010 6:00 PM E

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I'll play

TheTruth
03-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll play

Fantastic, pm me your email address and I'll send you the league invite..

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
it's head to head right? It said roto but i'm assuming it's head to head b/c of divisions

TheTruth
03-22-2010, 11:27 AM
it's head to head right? It said roto but i'm assuming it's head to head b/c of divisions

No, it's Roto. There are no divisions. That was a mistake.

Thunder Dan
03-22-2010, 11:28 AM
No, it's Roto. There are no divisions. That was a mistake.

sorry, I'm out then. I get too bored with roto

TheTruth
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
sorry, I'm out then. I get too bored with roto

You do play a head to head matchup every week similar to what we did in Spurstalk's league. If that's not what you are looking for that's cool.

I did send you the league invite if you want to look around at the rules and what not.