Cant_Be_Faded
03-21-2010, 03:35 PM
4QSK9t6OrgU&feature=player_embedded

lol

awkward

nadal had no idea what was going on because of the english

Stringer_Bell
03-21-2010, 10:59 PM
lol sampras taking major offense to being called out for bad tipping. what a tight wad chump.
lol agassi getting scared when he gets served toward. what a game tanking chump.

roger and nadal are much cooler.

leemajors
03-21-2010, 11:33 PM
lol sampras taking major offense to being called out for bad tipping. what a tight wad chump.
lol agassi getting scared when he gets served toward. what a game tanking chump.

roger and nadal are much cooler.

what sampras did was spot on. Agassi was rehashing shit from his book.

eyeh8u
03-22-2010, 12:49 AM
what sampras did was spot on. Agassi was rehashing shit from his book.

which he sold out of his trunk outside the stadium that night.i much rather see a graf vs sampras matchup, at this stage im sure she will win

Cry Havoc
03-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Sampras is really insulted?

Maybe he should tip a little better. He acted like Agassi called his kids a dirty name.

Fermixalot
03-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Super awkward for Nadal and Federer, but it was funny as hell to see Sampras get in some sick shots on Agassi afterward.

Not to mention Roger telling Rafa to start some shit with him :lol

florige
03-22-2010, 10:19 AM
WOW. That was weird. I thought they were friends outside of tennis.

Stringer_Bell
03-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Sampras is really insulted?

Maybe he should tip a little better. He acted like Agassi called his kids a dirty name.

Exactly. I didn't read nor have an interest in Agassi's pity-me book. All I know is, if Sampras was bitchy over tipping maybe he shouldn't have been such a tight ass to begin with? He was like "you're bringing up baggage, I can do it too"...what a chump.

JamStone
03-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Didn't watch the video but heard about this. If the worse thing Agassi brought up about Sampras was him being cheap, don't see it as a big deal. Is that really all that offensive anyway? So he's cheap. So what? It would be one thing if Agassi talked about how Pete was a meth addict or how Andre fucked Pete's wife. This seems trivial to be upset over. Pete should have just cracked backabout Steffi's adam's apple or Andre's coke addiction. Biggie and 2Pac think they're weak.

The Reckoning
03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
nah it had to be a publicity stunt. that charity thing sounded so lame before they pulled that.

florige
03-22-2010, 11:46 AM
You could tell that Agassi was pissed off when Sampras was inpersonating his walk.

ploto
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
So, a guy who was on meth while he played wants to call out a guy he thinks is a bad tipper?

usckk
03-22-2010, 07:03 PM
I am big tennis fan, so I have been following these two players at the prime of their careers. As far as personalities, they are polar opposites. Agassi is a flasher type of guy, that likes all the attention, while Sampras is more reserved. Similarly, Agassi is extremely talented player who only accomplished a fraction of what he could have done if he had the right mentality. On the other hand, Sampras squeezed every last drop of talent he had and used it to the fullest. Some would argue, including myself, that Sampras is still the all time great.

Furthermore, what Agassi quoted in his book was Sampras was a SINGLE event. The quote was from a valet driver. And this happened when Sampras was still really young!

I still put all the blame on Agassi for what happened. During the whole match, he was trying to steal the show. He bated Sampras to imitate him. And then Agassi pulled a cheat shot about Sampras' tipping. Sampras did a good job of not calling out Agassi about his drug addiction, as most of have right off the bat.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Some would argue, including myself, that Sampras is still the all time great.

Why do you think that? I've seen both Sampras and Federer and I strongly disagree.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 08:50 PM
OH here it comes! Argentinian sports fan weighing in!

Please PLEASE! Please! everyone SHHH SHHH SHH! We need to hear what Argie sports fan has to say!

My bad, what am I thinking? arguing about sports on a sports forum. Sorry guys, won't happen again.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 08:56 PM
hey sorry that i have little-to-no respect for a Manu Ginobili homer posing as a San Antonio Spurs fan

get back to me when English is your first language senor

Why would I want to do that?

tp2021
03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
How old is the Mookie crew? At this point they just come off as the old guys still trying to have a say on whats cool with the high shcool kids or some shit.

sonic21
03-23-2010, 10:15 AM
imo sampras and vilander are better than federer.

florige
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
I think Sampras is/was a hair better than Federer. When Sampras was at the top of his game NOBODY was coming close to beating him. Federer has major problems with Nadal. I liked Agassi as a player more than Sampras, but Agassi was his bitch most of the time on the court.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I think Sampras is/was a hair better than Federer. When Sampras was at the top of his game NOBODY was coming close to beating him. Federer has major problems with Nadal. I liked Agassi as a player more than Sampras, but Agassi was his bitch most of the time on the court.

Then why didn't he win as many majors as Federer?

Federer is a more complete player than Sampras proved by their respective results on clay. Roger has 16 GS, Pete 14. RF completed the career slam, PS didn't. And Federer can beat you with serving, baseline play, in the net, defending, etc. Sampras was strictly a serve and volley player.

sonic21
03-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Then why didn't he win as many majors as Federer?

Federer is a more complete player than Sampras proved by their respective results on clay. Roger has 16 GS, Pete 14. RF completed the career slam, PS didn't. And Federer can beat you with serving, baseline play, in the net, defending, etc. Sampras was strictly a serve and volley player.

i went to Rolland-Garros a few times. In the 90s, the court was much slower. I don't think Federer would have won RG against Bruguera, Muster, Courier...

DAF86
03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
How old is the Mookie crew? At this point they just come off as the old guys still trying to have a say on whats cool with the high shcool kids or some shit.

Didn't you know? old people sitting on their computers all day waiting to have something clever to say about what other people post in the Internet is what is on.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
i went to Rolland-Garros a few times. In the 90s, the court was much slower. I don't think Federer would have won RG against Bruguera, Muster, Courier...

And Wimbledon courts are much slower now also, maybe Sampras wouldn't have dominated so much there in this current courts.

florige
03-23-2010, 01:42 PM
And Wimbledon courts are much slower now also, maybe Sampras wouldn't have dominated so much there in this current courts.

I'm not saying that Federer is a bum or anything and they are that much apart. Its just my opinion that Sampras was a overall better and more dominate player in his time on top. Maybe that is due to the overall level of competition idk.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm not saying that Federer is a bum or anything and they are that much apart. Its just my opinion that Sampras was a overall better and more dominate player in his time on top. Maybe that is due to the overall level of competition idk.

I know, I'm not saying that Sampras is a bum either (he was my favorite back in the days). Just that IMO Roger is better and a more complete player.

florige
03-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I know, I'm not saying that Sampras is a bum either (he was my favorite back in the days). Just that IMO Roger is better and a more complete player.

lol, I hated Sampras because he used to always beat up on my boy Agassi all the time. I wish those two could had played on grass at Wimbledon while both were in their primes. I would probably guess a 7 hour match. lol

Mark in Austin
03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I saw the match live and thought the whole thing was hilarious until Pete got so upset.

Was still the most entertaining tennis I'd seen in a while.

bus driver
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
this is the most tennis i have seen in my lifetime.......and i am glad i havent missed anything :sleep

Whisky Dog
03-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Sad when this is the most entertaining thing about tennis. Aside from Federer and Rafa nobody else is worth a shit. Most of these guys wouldn't be on the tour in tennis' heyday.

Would have been a lot cooler if Pete would have pretended to hit the pipe before his serves.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
This is not the most entertaining thing about tennis....have you never seen federer vs nadal?

i posted this because of its just flat out uneasy