FrostKing
07-22-2023, 12:32 PM
https://i.ibb.co/bBRwKJ7/Screenshot-20230722-103154-Chrome.png

:lol. Who is Rahm

ElNono
07-22-2023, 02:46 PM
https://i.ibb.co/qxRH2SH/Screenshot-20230722-022450-Chrome.png

Always gonna be 2nd story in USA

Few of my Polak bros in USA enjoyed the festivities. Well done my favorite midget.

Disney just MAD they didn't get into the business, tbh

DMX7
07-22-2023, 03:04 PM
https://i.ibb.co/qxRH2SH/Screenshot-20230722-022450-Chrome.png

Always gonna be 2nd story in USA

Few of my Polak bros in USA enjoyed the festivities. Well done my favorite midget.

It may not be forever though. The midget's got game. Let's see if he can do what David Beckham really didn't and make MLS big time or at least close to it.

playblair
07-23-2023, 05:17 PM
All these posts age like shit, tbh

1 goal does not change the fact that he stood around for 45 minutes...........

playblair
07-25-2023, 08:18 PM
playblair was wrong........ messi is the most exciting mls player ever......... ElNono

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/043/853/cover1.jpg

ElNono
07-27-2023, 11:56 PM
:lol

He's still pretty good, especially for the MLS... he's obviously older, but he looks pretty happy, tbh

Winehole23
07-30-2023, 10:26 AM

Amuseddaysleeper
08-06-2023, 11:15 PM
It’s MLS but he is still god, this is ridiculous :lol

lefty
08-09-2023, 12:55 PM
:lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F24HL8HWIAAppkj?format=jpg&name=medium

ElNono
08-10-2023, 01:06 AM
Liga MX teams :lmao

DAF86
08-14-2023, 10:32 PM
According to @iffhs_media, Messi’s latest goal made him the 5th player ever with 100+ goals in 3 different decades!

:spiral_calendar: 2000s: 169
:spiral_calendar: 2010s: 546
:spiral_calendar: 2020s: 100

He joins a prestigious list:

:argentina: Di Stefano (40s-60s)
:hungary: Puskas (40s-60s)
:brazil: Pele (50s-70s)
:brazil: Romario (80s-00s)
:argentina: Messi (00s-20s)

playblair
08-15-2023, 06:56 PM

:wow:wow:wow:wow

Hoops Czar
08-15-2023, 10:38 PM

:wow:wow:wow:wow
At this rate, he's going to blast past his Ligue 1 total of 16 goals last season in less than 12 games. My God, MLS is so far behind world soccer, it's sad.

playblair
08-16-2023, 09:32 AM
At this rate, he's going to blast past his Ligue 1 total of 16 goals last season in less than 12 games. My God, MLS is so far behind world soccer, it's sad.
mls is the most entertaining soccer league in the world........no american wants to watch euro snob soccer of continuously passing the soccer ball backwards........mls is attacking soccer.........

this is world soccer........

http://youtu.be/qjp1Zrvn8VQ

DMX7
08-17-2023, 11:39 PM

Maybe so, but what a show!

DAF86
08-19-2023, 09:10 PM

Beckham, Rooney, Ibrahimovic. Nobody dominated MLS the way Messi is doing. This is more a testament of the player rather than the league.

playblair
08-19-2023, 09:27 PM

Hoops Czar
08-20-2023, 03:10 AM
Beckham, Rooney, Ibrahimovic. Nobody dominated MLS the way Messi is doing. This is more a testament of the player rather than the league.

Ligue 1 is a farmer's league mostly comprised of shit teams and he managed only 16 goals in league play and 21 total in 41 games played. He was far worse in 2021-22, scoring just 11 in 34 games played. Messi is a far better player than Beckham, Rooney or Ibrahimovic ( even at age 37-38, he scored 53 goals in 58 appearances for the Galaxy). Nobody's diminishing Messi's career accomplishments, but it's like LeBron James joining the South Bay Lakers and dominating the G-League while padding his accomplishments and trophy count. It's like going from varsity to JV and dominating in a league made up of inferior talent. And make no mistake about it, his motivation to join the MLS was purely a financial one. He's well passed his prime and he's on par with what the top earners in the NBA and NFL are making and that doesn't even take into account the profit sharing agreement between Apple and Messi. I'm not questioning Messi's greatness, but using the MLS as an example of it is misleading.

DAF86
08-20-2023, 11:55 AM
Ligue 1 is a farmer's league mostly comprised of shit teams and he managed only 16 goals in league play and 21 total in 41 games played. He was far worse in 2021-22, scoring just 11 in 34 games played. Messi is a far better player than Beckham, Rooney or Ibrahimovic ( even at age 37-38, he scored 53 goals in 58 appearances for the Galaxy). Nobody's diminishing Messi's career accomplishments, but it's like LeBron James joining the South Bay Lakers and dominating the G-League while padding his accomplishments and trophy count. It's like going from varsity to JV and dominating in a league made up of inferior talent. And make no mistake about it, his motivation to join the MLS was purely a financial one. He's well passed his prime and he's on par with what the top earners in the NBA and NFL are making and that doesn't even take into account the profit sharing agreement between Apple and Messi. I'm not questioning Messi's greatness, but using the MLS as an example of it is misleading.

Messi isn't WELL past his prime at all. I would argue he's still the best player in the World (he proved it less than a year ago, tbh). Football performance isn't always measured in goals, tbh. Messi was the best player of the French league last season breaking an all-time record (20 goals + 20 assists). The reason he didn't score as much in PSG is because the style of play was designed to have Mbappe as the finisher, but that doesn't mean Messi didn't do well.

And sure, the level in the MLS isn't the same as in Europe, but folks are acting as if it is an amateur league just because of Messi's dominance, when no other player dominated the league like this. Getting to one of the worse teams in a league and immediately making them champions is an impressive feat, no matter the league.

Amuseddaysleeper
08-20-2023, 03:12 PM

That's fair but his second season in Ligue 1 was much better than you are giving it credit for. That season in total for PSG he had 21 goals and 20 assists, that is inarguably great.

ElNono
08-21-2023, 03:03 PM
MLS Parents Complain Leo Messi Too Advanced For Sons’ League

https://www.theonion.com/mls-parents-complain-leo-messi-too-advanced-for-sons-l-1850749255

DMX7
08-23-2023, 08:37 PM
Messi isn't WELL past his prime at all. I would argue he's still the best player in the World (he proved it less than a year ago, tbh). Football performance isn't always measured in goals, tbh. Messi was the best player of the French league last season breaking an all-time record (20 goals + 20 assists). The reason he didn't score as much in PSG is because the style of play was designed to have Mbappe as the finisher, but that doesn't mean Messi didn't do well.

And sure, the level in the MLS isn't the same as in Europe, but folks are acting as if it is an amateur league just because of Messi's dominance, when no other player dominated the league like this. Getting to one of the worse teams in a league and immediately making them champions is an impressive feat, no matter the league.

Also, you can't say it was just about the money to join MLS. Saudi Pro League offered him more guaranteed (and probably more total under any circumstances) money according to many reports.

Hoops Czar
08-26-2023, 10:19 PM
Also, you can't say it was just about the money to join MLS. Saudi Pro League offered him more guaranteed (and probably more total under any circumstances) money according to many reports.
Nah, he went to the MLS strictly for the competition. He's definitely leaving a lot of money on the table but not as much as you might think after you factor in his revenue sharing deals with Adidas and Apple as well as an ownership stake with Inter Miami. Of course, he could have gone back to play for Barcelona on the real cheap but he chose not to.

Ariel
08-26-2023, 11:27 PM
Nah, he went to the MLS strictly for the competition. He's definitely leaving a lot of money on the table but not as much as you might think after you factor in his revenue sharing deals with Adidas and Apple as well as an ownership stake with Inter Miami. Of course, he could have gone back to play for Barcelona on the real cheap but he chose not to.
He could have made 10x what he makes in the US in Saudi Arabia. He went to Miami because he got tired of being in toxic environments (PSG, late Barcelona) and at 36 and having already achieved everything, it was time to enjoy football AND life. He's doing just that.
BTW: :lol @ at the logos on the avatars, with US Soccer having 3 stars and Argentina 2.

Hoops Czar
08-26-2023, 11:50 PM
He could have made 10x what he makes in the US in Saudi Arabia. He went to Miami because he got tired of being in toxic environments (PSG, late Barcelona) and at 36 and having already achieved everything, it was time to enjoy football AND life. He's doing just that.
BTW: :lol @ at the logos on the avatars, with US Soccer having 3 stars and Argentina 2.
Barcelona isn't a toxic environment. Barcelona couldn't afford him because of ffp. He could have enjoyed life in Barcelona making next to nothing too.

Ariel
08-26-2023, 11:59 PM
Barcelona isn't a toxic environment. Barcelona couldn't afford him because of ffp. He could have enjoyed life in Barcelona making next to nothing too.
Were you in a coma for the past decade? Do you not remember how Messi left and how hard they tried to make him look like the bad guy? Barcelona post Bartomeu has been mad toxic, especially for Messi who'd be expected to carry them to unrealistic standards set by the tiki taka days. Miami & the US is much better for Messi right now in terms of his family life. Hope he enjoys life to the fullest, he deserves it.

Hoops Czar
08-27-2023, 12:15 AM
Were you in a coma for the past decade? Do you not remember how Messi left and how hard they tried to make him look like the bad guy? Barcelona post Bartomeu has been mad toxic, especially for Messi who'd be expected to carry them to unrealistic standards set by the tiki taka days. Miami & the US is much better for Messi right now in terms of his family life. Hope he enjoys life to the fullest, he deserves it.
Yes, back in 2020 when he wanted to join City, not in 2023. Despite all of that, Messi didn't technically want to leave in 2021, a year after Bartomeu wouldn't sell him. Barcelona didn't have enough of a wage budget left to offer him a contract. I believe he even agreed to a new contract with Barcelona but LA Liga wouldn't allow them to register him.

DAF86
08-27-2023, 01:26 PM

Actually, he couldn't. La Liga has a rule that states that a player cannot sign a contract for less than X% of his previous contract. Messi had a huge contract in PSG, Barcelona was legally forced to sign Messi to a big contract and they couldn't afford it, that's precisely why Messi is not in Barca right now.

DMX7
08-27-2023, 07:46 PM

I've heard he or his family preferred to live in Miami.

Hoops Czar
08-27-2023, 11:11 PM
Actually, he couldn't. La Liga has a rule that states that a player cannot sign a contract for less than X% of his previous contract. Messi had a huge contract in PSG, Barcelona was legally forced to sign Messi to a big contract and they couldn't afford it, that's precisely why Messi is not in Barca right now.

That's absolutely insane to me. Forget that we're talking about Messi for a second. How can you pay a 36 year old player roughly the same sum of money that said player was making at age 33? Doesn't La Liga take diminishing returns into account? I know this is all mental gymnastics, but how did Barcelona register Lewandowski? He only made 10M Euros in 2022/23 for Barcelona and his last season with Bayern saw him make 23M Euros. Couldn't you just stagger Messi's contract, much like Lewandowski's where he would make less in year one and more in subsequent years as Barca's financial woes ease? I'm assuming that the X% is based on the accumulative amount of money that Messi would earn over the lifespan of his contract.

ElNono
08-28-2023, 03:37 AM
That's absolutely insane to me. Forget that we're talking about Messi for a second. How can you pay a 36 year old player roughly the same sum of money that said player was making at age 33? Doesn't La Liga take diminishing returns into account? I know this is all mental gymnastics, but how did Barcelona register Lewandowski? He only made 10M Euros in 2022/23 for Barcelona and his last season with Bayern saw him make 23M Euros. Couldn't you just stagger Messi's contract, much like Lewandowski's where he would make less in year one and more in subsequent years as Barca's financial woes ease? I'm assuming that the X% is based on the accumulative amount of money that Messi would earn over the lifespan of his contract.

The issue isn't with the league or the clubs, it's Spain's employment law. For soccer players, a salary cut of 50% or more is illegal. In the case of Lewa, it didn't matter because he wasn't a Spanish employee before, but with Messi it meant they had to pay him at least half of what he used to be making, which was already a shitload of money. This situation came up when Messi was about to leave Barca a few years ago and some people were saying that Messi would play in Barca for free, but besides the obvious reasons why he wouldn't, it was also prevented by law from doing so if he wanted to.

Hoops Czar
09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
The issue isn't with the league or the clubs, it's Spain's employment law. For soccer players, a salary cut of 50% or more is illegal. In the case of Lewa, it didn't matter because he wasn't a Spanish employee before, but with Messi it meant they had to pay him at least half of what he used to be making, which was already a shitload of money. This situation came up when Messi was about to leave Barca a few years ago and some people were saying that Messi would play in Barca for free, but besides the obvious reasons why he wouldn't, it was also prevented by law from doing so if he wanted to.

Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks.

FrostKing
09-21-2023, 11:33 PM
https://i.ibb.co/mDgs91V/Screenshot-20230921-130859-Chrome.png

DAF86
02-04-2024, 11:11 PM
8PCwX2wRJqQ?si=fXNvO9q6i6DPGDm8

Brazil
02-05-2024, 09:14 AM
https://i.ibb.co/mDgs91V/Screenshot-20230921-130859-Chrome.png

:lol what a fucking diva, besides it is not true, they had a commemoration moment. Now they are not going to organize a whole celebration, PSG is a French team smh...

DAF86
02-05-2024, 11:54 AM
:lol what a fucking diva, besides it is not true, they had a commemoration moment. Now they are not going to organize a whole celebration, PSG is a French team smh...

This is old and taken out of context, tbh. He did say "the team didn't organize a recognition like it happened with my teammates in other clubs, but I understand. It was in France, who had lost the final, it isn't a big deal".

lefty
02-05-2024, 11:57 AM
And that assclown didn't even show up in Hong Kong

DAF86
02-06-2024, 01:06 AM
YXPNgxrSo_0?si=v9bBNYsID8lK_hth