PDA

View Full Version : Messi=GOD

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2011, 06:15 PM
DAF86:

Messi also moved to dismiss suggestions his FIFA Ballon d'Or triumph had caused issues with his team-mates.

Spain midfielders Xavi and Andres Iniesta had been tipped to win the award after securing the World Cup, but Messi - whose Argentina side went out at the quarter-final stage - came out on top in the voting.

"We know the relationship we have and how we get on," Messi said. "Everything's going to stay the same.

"I'm good with Andres, I'm good with Xavi. My relationship with both is very good and these awards are prizes for everyone - a trophy for the team."

Iniesta, speaking on the club's official website, stressed that he was "thrilled for Leo and happy to have been in the top three".

"We are really in the middle of a fantastic moment, both in terms of how we play and our results as well as on a personal level with the great atmosphere there is between us all in the squad," he said. "The individual awards are all down to the team as a whole."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/865225/lionel-messi-urges-pep-guardiola-to-sign-barcelona-extension?cc=5901

Brazil
01-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Direct quote:

But now we got a nice performance? Make up your mind, and this isn't even the point, this is: we are speaking about the WC in terms of how it can hurt your overall year in the sport. Other than the world cup, it's undeniable that Messi had an unbelievable year. Irrefutable. Playing well, as opposed to playing amazing, somehow takes away all that much from his overall performance during 2010?

I maintain what I said he didn't play well for what we can expect for this kind of player of course. I'm not comparing him to Henry, compared to Henry he played a fantastic world cup.

And for your last question YES it takes away that much from his overall performance during 2010. WC is THE competition by a million miles. This is how I see the things.

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I maintain what I said he didn't play well for what we can expect for this kind of player of course. I'm not comparing him to Henry, compared to Henry he played a fantastic world cup.

And for your last question YES it takes away that much from his overall performance during 2010. WC is THE competition by a million miles. This is how I see the things.
Well I understand that traditionally they award to WC winners, but just because it's tradition doesn't mean it's necessarily always appropriate. I'm not saying Messi was the best choice, I'm simply stating that there's more elements that should be considered.

For your Henry argument:
Messi played well for Argentina
Iniesta, Xavi played well for Spain

these are not the same, it takes way more than playing well to take that Argentina squad to the WC final and win. That team was loaded with talent, not even all of the best Argentinian players, but they are poorly coached and do not play like a quality team should play. I don't know why, but they play shit compared to what they're capability is. And that is no 1 player's fault, it's the entire organization's fault.

Spain's squad is composed of all great players, and they all pretty much play with each other all year round with all of the Barca and Madrid players. In such a sport like soccer, do you not see any glaring and enormous advantage here?? I do. Soccer is not a game where you can put together a team really quickly, train for a month or two, and expect the team to be at its potential. That's just the nature of the game. Spain's players play with each other all year round for several years, Argentina's players do not. In addition to the very short time, consider Spain had a coach, Argentina did not.

I don't think things are equal to begin with :rolleyes

Winning the WC is a team effort, not individual. Just because your team won does not mean you were one of the best players, and just because your team failed to win the cup does not mean you, individually as a player, performed unsatisfactorily.

Really, the only argument you have and the only thing reporters (that either didn't watch the game or don't understand soccer) wrote in terms of Messi's world cup was that he did not score goals. And coming back to the point, so fucking what, it's a team game.

Xavi scored 0 goals, Iniesta 2, during the world cup. I guess according to you and said reporters, Higuain played better than Xavi and Iniesta combined. Nice. Even Heinze and Demichelis performed better than Messi!!!

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
But Xavi is a playmaking midfielder...not a forward or winger!!!

/Brazil

Well my friend, this was exactly Messi's role in the WC, he had to do everything for that team in terms of moving the ball forward. Whenever they needed to push it forward, almost always, Messi had to do it himself with his runs and passing, because that team didn't have any other playmakers that could create.

It's a shame you're upset Messi didn't win the ultimate TEAM award when he himself played well...the golden ball, unfortunately, is an individual accomplishment, and Messi had an unbelievable year during 2010.

Brazil
01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
But Xavi is a playmaking midfielder...not a forward or winger!!!

/Brazil

Well my friend, this was exactly Messi's role in the WC, he had to do everything for that team in terms of moving the ball forward. Whenever they needed to push it forward, almost always, Messi had to do it himself with his runs and passing, because that team didn't have any other playmakers that could create.

It's a shame you're upset Messi didn't win the ultimate TEAM award when he himself played well...the golden ball, unfortunately, is an individual accomplishment, and Messi had an unbelievable year during 2010.

In 2006 Zidane had to do everything for the team and yet was IMO the star of the competition (i'm talking about football). BTW the coach (fucking dumb coach) was as much as shitty than maradona, difference is the "old" players one of them being Zidane took over the squad. Maradona did just that for Naples too.

Now I'm aware that Messi is still young and that you cannot except that kind of leadership at his age, nevertheless yes he had to do everything and he did it nicely once again i was expecting more. Now my expectations were too high ? yeah maybe I tend to forget he is very young. So if he is too young why not giving the trophy to a formidable player like Xavi won the world cup and who had also a very solid year ?

ALVAREZ6
01-14-2011, 05:52 PM
In 2006 Zidane had to do everything for the team and yet was IMO the star of the competition (i'm talking about football). BTW the coach (fucking dumb coach) was as much as shitty than maradona, difference is the "old" players one of them being Zidane took over the squad. Maradona did just that for Naples too.

Now I'm aware that Messi is still young and that you cannot except that kind of leadership at his age, nevertheless yes he had to do everything and he did it nicely once again i was expecting more. Now my expectations were too high ? yeah maybe I tend to forget he is very young. So if he is too young why not giving the trophy to a formidable player like Xavi won the world cup and who had also a very solid year ?
I'm not saying Xavi shouldn't have won, I'm not saying Messi should definitely have won. It was definitely tough competition this year. But you keep missing the point that Xavi did not win the world cup, Spain won the world cup.

diego
01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
these are not the same, it takes way more than playing well to take that Argentina squad to the WC final and win. That team was loaded with talent, not even all of the best Argentinian players, but they are poorly coached and do not play like a quality team should play. I don't know why, but they play shit compared to what they're capability is. And that is no 1 player's fault, it's the entire organization's fault.

loaded with talent... in the attack. and redundant, to boot, as they are all quick midgets good at finishing, not creating. to top it off, a very young team. if you expected this team to win the WC, even with Mourinho or Guardiola or whoever else you consider a good coach, you're crazy. our keeper is mediocre and our defenders suck. Mascherano is good but nowhere near as good as we like to tell ourselves.
Argentina has played shit compared to what they're capability is since 1994. In that span we dominated youth soccer but we're unable to finish better than quarter finalists in a WC, regardless of who the poor coach was in that span. The last time Argentine soccer over achieved was in 86 and 90 (btw, we played defensive counter attack for those two WC).

Spain's squad is composed of all great players, and they all pretty much play with each other all year round with all of the Barca and Madrid players. In such a sport like soccer, do you not see any glaring and enormous advantage here?? I do. Soccer is not a game where you can put together a team really quickly, train for a month or two, and expect the team to be at its potential. That's just the nature of the game. Spain's players play with each other all year round for several years, Argentina's players do not. In addition to the very short time, consider Spain had a coach, Argentina did not.

All great players? please. do barca and madrid play the same system? i dont think so. I'll give you they dont have to travel as much to reach practices, that definitely makes a difference. and they have more stability on the bench because they dont change coaches every 5 months. but if spain was so great and has such a tremendous advantage, why did they lose to switzerland, squeak by Chile, have to steal the game from Paraguay, then squeak by germany and holland to win? the only convincing win they had was against honduras.

Winning the WC is a team effort, not individual. Just because your team won does not mean you were one of the best players, and just because your team failed to win the cup does not mean you, individually as a player, performed unsatisfactorily.

agree

Really, the only argument you have and the only thing reporters (that either didn't watch the game or don't understand soccer) wrote in terms of Messi's world cup was that he did not score goals. And coming back to the point, so fucking what, it's a team game.

Xavi scored 0 goals, Iniesta 2, during the world cup. I guess according to you and said reporters, Higuain played better than Xavi and Iniesta combined. Nice. Even Heinze and Demichelis performed better than Messi!!!

I wouldnt say it was just no goals scored. he got shut down by germany, and some of the goals he missed was great goal keeping, others was poor shooting, either too soft or complicated the play. over all he played well, but by his standards it wasnt a good cup and I believe he has said so himself.

sorry, but argentina played a super top heavy lineup, criticize the lack of D all you want but when you have tevez, higuain, di maria, and 2 of maxi/veron/pastore playing, you can't say he didnt have help in the midfield/attack.

Messi had an unbelievable club season and a so-so WC, IMO he deserved the award because he is the best in the world and had a great year. but there is no need to downplay Argentina and prop Spain to make the argument. The argument is that Fabio Cannavaro should have never won the award because he sucks and his WC wasnt great to begin with. The WC is extremely circumstantial (6-8 games worth of play should not determine a yearly award), if Paraguay doesnt have a legit goal taken away, does anyone consider Xavi the best player in the world? If brazil doesnt meltdown against holland, do people consider sneijder the best? I vote no.

Xavi had a good year and a so-so WC as well, I wouldnt have been surprised if he was picked in recognition of his career. but he is still not as good as messi.

ALVAREZ6
01-14-2011, 07:38 PM
All great players? please. do barca and madrid play the same system? i dont think so. I'll give you they dont have to travel as much to reach practices, that definitely makes a difference. and they have more stability on the bench because they dont change coaches every 5 months. but if spain was so great and has such a tremendous advantage, why did they lose to switzerland, squeak by Chile, have to steal the game from Paraguay, then squeak by germany and holland to win? the only convincing win they had was against honduras.
No they don't play the same system, but a lot of the players play together all year around, they know eachother, how they play, and that's more so what I was referring to.

And yes, of course, great players. Spain is loaded with great players, just like Argentina is. Why did they lose to Switzerland..sqeak by Chile.. etc..well, I'm not sure why you mention this because these outcomes do not negate the fact that Spain is loaded with talent at every part of the pitch. The fact that they didn't perform to their potential doesn't mean they don't have great players, much like Argentina. And the fact that this team still won the world cup while not even playing to potential tells you something...doesn't it? It tells me, along with my prior existing knowledge, that that team is so solid on paper that they can still get by without an exceptional performance.

sorry, but argentina played a super top heavy lineup, criticize the lack of D all you want but when you have tevez, higuain, di maria, and 2 of maxi/veron/pastore playing, you can't say he didnt have help in the midfield/attack.
Of course they had terrible defense...

I'm not saying he didn't have the help, i.e. the talent there beside him, I'm saying he wasn't helped very much because of the types of players. Messi isn't a creating midfielder, and he had to be all over the place for that team to move the ball up the field and put the team in position to strike. Just because the talent is there doesn't mean they utilize it best or play well in general. You seem to know this yourself when you say:

Argentina has played shit compared to what they're capability is since 1994. In that span we dominated youth soccer but we're unable to finish better than quarter finalists in a WC, regardless of who the poor coach was in that span. The last time Argentine soccer over achieved was in 86 and 90 (btw, we played defensive counter attack for those two WC).

Exactly contributing to my point. Argentina has consistently underachieved in recent history, and it's because they don't play to their potential. They don't move in unison like Brazil, they play some stupid ass futbol compared to what they should be doing...and that's largely the coaching and AFA's fault for not turning that around. Whenever you watch Argentina play, they pass it around a million times way back in their own territory, sometimes scratching the other half of the pitch, back again, until finally someone like Messi moves the ball up himself. This is all I saw during the WC..games where for periods of time they couldn't create much of anything unless it was Messi advancing the ball and trying to find opportunities.

My general point is sure the team had talent, but with the way they play, they're basically wasting it for this generation, because they'll never win a WC. The only reason they make it to the quarter finals and beat teams, see some success, is purely based on talent alone. Their talent carries them, without playing like a great team plays.

[/QUOTE]

diego
01-15-2011, 04:59 AM
ain is loaded with great players, just like Argentina is. Why did they lose to Switzerland..sqeak by Chile.. etc..well, I'm not sure why you mention this because these outcomes do not negate the fact that Spain is loaded with talent at every part of the pitch. The fact that they didn't perform to their potential doesn't mean they don't have great players, much like Argentina. And the fact that this team still won the world cup while not even playing to potential tells you something...doesn't it? It tells me, along with my prior existing knowledge, that that team is so solid on paper that they can still get by without an exceptional performance.

Sorry, but the only places I see Spain loaded with great players are goalkeeper and offensive midfielders. They have a couple good forwards and some mediocre ones, same with their defensive mids, they have good centerbacks, their sidebacks are mediocre to crap. That is not what I consider loaded at all, though they do have talent at the right places. For all the talk about them being some kind of offensive powerhouse that plays the right way, every game they won sans honduras was by one goal, and many of them were won in the last minute. They scored 8 goals in 7 games (lowest in WC history), in other words, they won with defence and lacklustre opposition (they didnt face a top team till the semis). If Chile didn't gift them the first goal in their match against each other, its entirely possible they would have been eliminated in the first round. They were extremely fortunate, but that is part of the WC.

Exactly contributing to my point. Argentina has consistently underachieved in recent history, and it's because they don't play to their potential. They don't move in unison like Brazil, they play some stupid ass futbol compared to what they should be doing...and that's largely the coaching and AFA's fault for not turning that around. Whenever you watch Argentina play, they pass it around a million times way back in their own territory, sometimes scratching the other half of the pitch, back again, until finally someone like Messi moves the ball up himself. This is all I saw during the WC..games where for periods of time they couldn't create much of anything unless it was Messi advancing the ball and trying to find opportunities.

My general point is sure the team had talent, but with the way they play, they're basically wasting it for this generation, because they'll never win a WC. The only reason they make it to the quarter finals and beat teams, see some success, is purely based on talent alone. Their talent carries them, without playing like a great team plays.

I think you're mixing things up. the 94 / 98 / 02 / 06 / 10 teams played different styles. My whole point was precisely that, that its not just a matter of the coaches system. Maybe there is a problem with Argentine players, no matter how talented or how highly valued they are on the club market. I find it funny you complain about a million passes that dont move forward, when that description fits Spain to a tee (and it would describe barca w/o messi pretty well too). If anything the problem last year for Argentina was not enough passes/possession. Its not just a matter of talent. It matters a lot where you have that talent. It is better to have a great goalie, a great CB, and a great attacking mid than it is to have 5 great strikers. A great coach cant fix an unbalanced roster.

Messi had a great year and he deserved the award. But I agree with Brazil that he didnt have a great WC, just a good one, and I dont think that its a valid excuse to say the reason for that is lack of help and a poor coach. it certainly wasnt for a lack of trying, IMO it had more to do with having too much pressure and not enough luck.

Moreover, I dont want to see people revising history to make out Spain's WC win to be some kind of dominating display of futbol virtuosity when they were barely able to keep themselves from choking it up. just because barca plays that way doesnt mean the spanish NT does.

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm not saying Xavi shouldn't have won, I'm not saying Messi should definitely have won. It was definitely tough competition this year. But you keep missing the point that Xavi did not win the world cup, Spain won the world cup.

then can u explain to me how sniejder was snubbed then? he had a great run with inter winning CL and SERIE-A title, made to WC finals

and what has messi done? that year alone? looks like this clown is living on reputation then what he did for the year....

diego
01-15-2011, 09:24 AM
then can u explain to me how sniejder was snubbed then? he had a great run with inter winning CL and SERIE-A title, made to WC finals

and what has messi done? that year alone? looks like this clown is living on reputation then what he did for the year....

too bad sneijder doesnt have a reputation. seriously, if you are a saudi prince and you buy a club, your first hire is sneijder? what has sneijder done besides one year of TEAM success? and holland had an even less impressive WC than spain.

TDMVPDPOY
01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
too bad sneijder doesnt have a reputation. seriously, if you are a saudi prince and you buy a club, your first hire is sneijder? what has sneijder done besides one year of TEAM success? and holland had an even less impressive WC than spain.

so what does buying certain players come into the equation into this debate? gtfo

this is a yearly award, not base on previous years performance, if it was base on reputation of previous years performance you might as well hand messi the next 10 years of awards.

we are comparing sneijder to messis run for the year, wtf u bringin up spain? xavi and iniesta didnt win champions league last year

diego
01-17-2011, 05:17 AM
messi plays a bigger role on his club / NT than sneijder does in either his club or NT. in 2010, his teams had marginally lower success while he played a significantly higher role in that success. therefore, messi is more deserving than sneijder. also, you forget that 2010 carried on past august. did sneijder or his team do anything in the 2nd half of the year? (besides falling apart i mean)

it seems to me that sneijder had a good CL final and a good match against brazil and you want to give him the award for that. any Inter fan will tell you he isnt close to being their best player, and I doubt many dutch consider him the clear cut best player on their team. so how about you make an actual argument for him besides noting the fact that he had success in Inter which is a international power house with or without him and that holland fouled/lucked itself into the WC final, again probably with or without sneijder.

diego
01-17-2011, 05:21 AM
we are comparing sneijder to messis run for the year, wtf u bringin up spain?

oh, and learn to read:

holland had an even less impressive WC than spain.

sonic21
01-17-2011, 10:05 AM
According to the votes, if only the media were choosing (like before) it'd be:
1-Sneijder
2-Iniesta
3-Xavi
4-Messi

Messi won because now the coaches and captains have a vote.

diego
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
According to the votes, if only the media were choosing (like before) it'd be:
1-Sneijder
2-Iniesta
3-Xavi
4-Messi

Messi won because now the coaches and captains have a vote.

makes sense, they're they same retards that picked cannavaro after all

lefty
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Messi missed a penalty in a godly manner today :lmao

diego
01-20-2011, 09:54 AM
:lmao almeria
:lmao alcorcon
:lmao lyon
:lmao haven't won anything since 07-08, the last season before messi took Dinho's spot, despite Florentino Perez billions more in signings
:lmao losing every clasico since that season, with a total score of 16 - 2 against
:lmao CRonaldo missing a penalty in a CL FINAL after trying to be cute taking small steps, compared to messi missing a penalty in an irrelevant match thank to his 3 goals in the 5-0 1st leg match
:lmao cristiano ronaldo never scoring a single goal against barcelona in his career

I better save the rest for another occasion!

lefty
01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
:lmao almeria
:lmao alcorcon
:lmao lyon
:lmao haven't won anything since 07-08, the last season before messi took Dinho's spot, despite Florentino Perez billions more in signings
:lmao losing every clasico since that season, with a total score of 16 - 2 against
:lmao CRonaldo missing a penalty in a CL FINAL after trying to be cute taking small steps, compared to messi missing a penalty in an irrelevant match thank to his 3 goals in the 5-0 1st leg match
:lmao cristiano ronaldo never scoring a single goal against barcelona in his career

I better save the rest for another occasion!
Whatever

Real still has more titles than Barcelona :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Don't be jealous

ALVAREZ6
01-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Whatever

Don't be jealous

lolz, you initiated and therefore you truly are the butthurt over Messi's dominance of Real and Ronaldo...

Your response right there is right out of luva, 21_Dickings, KoolAid,etc.'s book:

Whatever, the Lakers still have more titles than the Spurs, don't be jealous

MaNuMaNiAc
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Whatever

Don't be jealous

yeah, not after this Barca team is done :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
When Cristiano has a nightmare, you know it includes Messi and/or Barcelona. Both are responsible for stealing his thunder.

ALVAREZ6
01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm not joking...he's going to look back and really see his terrible luck. Well, perhaps not exactly anything to do with luck, it was his decision to join La Liga.

lefty
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm not joking...he's going to look back and really see his terrible luck. Well, perhaps not exactly anything to do with luck, it was his decision to join La Liga.
i agree

Even though I'm a RMA fan, I didnt like the Ronaldo signing

He is a POS

diego
01-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Whatever

Don't be jealous

good thing i'm not a barca fan, I'm a boca fan, just defending Messi for missing a penalty, as it can happen to anyone, including the great Zidane.

:lmao galacticos destroyed by Riquelme and Palermo

:lmao Boca 18 international titles to RMs 15? (not sure if you have more than 15, but definitely less than Boca)

just ribbing you Lefty, you're a good sport, its just a shame you're a RM fan.

ALVAREZ6
01-20-2011, 06:05 PM
:tu to diego, and El Diego

http://infomister.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Maradona.jpg

http://www.discoverbuenosaires.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/boca-juniors.jpg

http://www.fansonline.net/images/westham/boca9.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/42/76309695_54807a65e2.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/197/477871479_13a78eb27c.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5vppuvUjQkY/S6rL7-dkJ0I/AAAAAAAAAbg/xx7AWaYoHbI/s1600/Boca+Juniors+vs+River+Plate+Live.jpg

Where can you find a better atmosphere: ?

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/boca-junior-stadium-boca-juniors-174890_640_480.jpg

http://www.theoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/boca-juniors-supporters.jpg
:danceclub:danceclub:danceclub

DAF86
01-20-2011, 08:04 PM

Messi had his best individual season last year, he won the golden boot and was one of the top assisters.

lefty
01-21-2011, 10:10 AM
good thing i'm not a barca fan, I'm a boca fan, just defending Messi for missing a penalty, as it can happen to anyone, including the great Zidane.

:lmao galacticos destroyed by Riquelme and Palermo

:lmao Boca 18 international titles to RMs 15? (not sure if you have more than 15, but definitely less than Boca)

just ribbing you Lefty, you're a good sport, its just a shame you're a RM fan.
:toast

DAF86
02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
LCEG-Ekjy1w

Appreciate.

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2011, 05:12 PM
diego and lefty

riquelme :(:( dude was shithole at barca...

diego
02-07-2011, 08:05 AM
messi is just beasting, he's getting better and better

riquelme never got a chance at barca, the few times he got to play they played him as a wing. riquelme is not a role player, you have to put him in the middle of the field and let him control the team.

Whisky Dog
02-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Messi in the Barca system with those players is lethal. That destruction of Atletico Madrid could have been a lot worse, Messi by himself could have realistically had 5 or 6 goals with the 2 orb3 extra shots he pushed just wide.

Looking forward to the Copa Final and Real Liga game back to back where that pack of bitches and lefty will get a double dose of tasting Barca ass.

ALVAREZ6
02-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Messi in the Barca system with those players is lethal. That destruction of Atletico Madrid could have been a lot worse, Messi by himself could have realistically had 5 or 6 goals with the 2 orb3 extra shots he pushed just wide.

Looking forward to the Copa Final and Real Liga game back to back where that pack of bitches and lefty will get a double dose of tasting Barca ass.

Yup.

I just don't see them losing the rest of the season. They're going to win La Liga without a doubt, hopefully they'll perform as usual which will be enough to spank Real again in the Copa del Rey final, and quite frankly if they're playing like they usually do I don't see anyone beating them in the CL. Of course all of that success requires a great deal of luck and timing, so I'm not saying all of this is going to happen. But they have great chances to repeat "the Treble". This team is just too damn dominant, they're better than everyone.

ALVAREZ6
02-08-2011, 01:40 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/877427/jorge-valdano-says-cristiano-ronaldo-is-true-heir-to-di-stefano?cc=5901

Valdano: Ronaldo is new Di Stefano
February 7, 2011

Real Madrid general director Jorge Valdano insists Cristiano Ronaldo, rather than Lionel Messi, is the true heir to Alfredo Di Stefano.

Atletico Madrid boss Quique Sanchez Flores said after his side's 3-0 defeat to Barcelona that Messi was "the Di Stefano of the 21st century". Argentina-born Di Stefano was Madrid's leading star as they won the first five European Cups.

However, Valdano - who won the World Cup with Argentina in 1986 - believes Ronaldo is the player to continue Di Stefano's legacy.

"It is not Messi," he said. "It is Cristiano Ronaldo, who significantly wears the same shirt as Di Stefano. He is a very important player who is set to make history at this club.

"We wouldn't swap Cristiano for anyone, although one must recognise that both he and Messi are two very high-quality players and it is a privilege to have them in La Liga."

Ronaldo scored twice in a 4-1 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday and Jose Mourinho had words of praise for the player.

"Ronaldo's run in La Liga will be fantastic even if he doesn't score another goal in the remainder of the season," he said. "I'd like to underline that. I say this to my men also. He always plays to the limit of his capabilities and ambitions. He gives his all for this team. It doesn't matter if he doesn't score. I don't have preference for him."
:lmao :lmao :lmao

The blatant homerism in sports, especially in soccer, is hilarious. Stop kidding yourself douche bag, Messi is better than both of those players. That's why he's not the "heir to Di Stefano's throne"...

lol, Ronaldo gives his all alright..but not for any team, only for himself. Whether he scores or not is precisely the only thing that matters. Way to have everything backwards while looking through your epic fail Madrid glasses.

lmao Ronaldo is not set to make any history at Real Madrid.....please, for your own sake stop speaking just to speak. As long as that Barcelona team is in tact, Ronaldo is not winning any trophies, period.

Whisky Dog
02-08-2011, 02:01 PM
LMAO Madrid the Dallas Mavs of futbol. "We're the best on paper!"

lefty
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
LMAO Madrid the Dallas Mavs of futbol. "We're the best on paper!"
Actually they are the Celtics of futbol

Look at all those trophies :hat

it's me
02-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Actually they are the Knicks of futbol

Look at all those (dusty) trophies :hat

fify :wakeup

lefty
02-08-2011, 02:30 PM
fify :wakeup
Touché :lol :depressed

Whisky Dog
02-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Well, I was referring more to this present group of Real, the pussified Christiano and Di Maria group. All flash no smash.

Y'all definitely had some very tough, talented teams in the past that I have much respect for. Just not this current group.

ALVAREZ6
02-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Mourinho + Ronaldo no matter what team = vagina

They can fuck all they want in the changing room while talking tactics in portuguese, they aren't winning SHIT together. Mourinho has already realized this and that piece of shit already wants to leave Madrid for England again. Those rumors are there only because he knows Barcelona dominates him. (yeah that inter CL was bullshit)

it's me
02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Mourinho + Ronaldo no matter what team = vagina

They can fuck all they want in the changing room while talking tactics in portuguese, they aren't winning SHIT together. Mourinho has already realized this and that piece of shit already wants to leave Madrid for England again. Those rumors are there only because he knows Barcelona dominates him. (yeah that inter CL was bullshit)

If he doesn’t win the Copa del Rey final….. dude is taking a helicopter from the very stadium to England 5 min before game ends.

ALVAREZ6
02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
If he doesn’t win the Copa del Rey final….. dude is taking a helicopter from the very stadium to England 5 min before game ends.

lol so true :lol

he will have little motivation to finish the year

nice try faggot

it's me
02-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Mourinho has became a joke….you can see his frustration on the childish crap he declares…. after getting embarrassed with his bullshit about other teams allowing Barca score a bunch of goals (lol …5-0… lol)…. Now he’s saying defenders handle Ronaldo and Messi differently…… wtf LOL…… Ronaldo is flopping all the fucking time… most of his goals are product of penalties or free kicks … dude is always trying to draw contact for good reasons, in the other hand, Messi rarely flops, and is always playing short fast passes with Alves, Xaxi , Inista, etc…… defenders are to slow to actually caught him.

lefty
02-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Well, I was referring more to this present group of Real, the pussified Christiano and Di Maria group. All flash no smash.

Y'all definitely had some very tough, talented teams in the past that I have much respect for. Just not this current group.
I agree

I really hate the current group

Ozil is definitely a keeper:hat, but CR7 and Di Maria can go ballhog elsewhere

Plus, CR7 dissapears during big games, either with Portugal or during Clasicos
What a faggot

DAF86
02-12-2011, 06:31 AM
MYPN-xhgCCI

Look at that pass at the 2:08 mark for Argentina's first goal, not only he puts it in the perfect place with the perfect speed, he also puts negative spin on the ball so that Di Maria can get to it before the goalkeeper. Genius.

And for Mourinho: look at the two challenges Messi had to endure in this play, that's why some think that Messi doesn't get hit enough, he just absorbs them and keeps playing.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Look at that pass at the 2:08 mark for Argentina's first goal, not only he puts it in the perfect place with the perfect speed, he also puts negative spin on the ball so that Di Maria can get to it before the goalkeeper. Genius.

And for Mourinho: look at the two challenges Messi had to endure in this play, that's why some think that Messi doesn't get hit enough, he just absorbs them and keeps playing.

Thanks for posting this video.

And by now, anyone still hating on this kid are simply fooling themselves. Any criticisms of his game he receives are simply untrue.

lefty
02-13-2011, 12:13 AM
http://cdn.worldcupblog.org/www.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/05/3207531859_a988c56cbf.jpg

DAF86
04-23-2011, 02:50 PM

ALVAREZ6
05-28-2011, 05:14 PM
I approve, but I don't really expect to be posting in a game blog during the game. I want to focus all of my attention on the match. I will make an exception and bump the Messi=GOD thread after his first goal however.

DAF86
05-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Man of the match according to UEFA.

DAF86
05-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Guardiola: "Messi is the best I've ever seen and will ever see"

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/pep-messi-mejor-he-visto/20110528dasdasftb_31/Tes

Muser
05-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Messi has a strong chance at being the GOAT when it's all said and done, he just needs some international accolades.

ElNono
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
He could start helping Argentina win the Copa América at home... it's a huge opportunity for him to start collecting hardware with the NT...

IronMaxipad
06-01-2011, 02:19 PM
lol Argentina

4-0 to nigeria

DAF86
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
lol I didn't even know Argentina played today.

But what does Argentina "D team" losing 4-1 to Nigeria has to do with this thread?

it's me
06-01-2011, 05:25 PM
lol I didn't even know Argentina played today.

But what does Argentina "D team" losing 4-1 to Nigeria has to do with this thread?

:lmao true..... dude.... he's Mexican ... he needs to find a way to overcome the "Chicharito vrs Messi" mexican media sold and how it ended up.... Messi fucked Churrigol Hernandes and the whole ManU team.

IronMaxipad
06-01-2011, 07:22 PM
:lmao true..... dude.... he's Mexican ... he needs to find a way to overcome the "Chicharito vrs Messi" mexican media sold and how it ended up.... Messi fucked Churrigol Hernandes and the whole ManU team.

:rolleyes

please son, tell me when i ever said Chicharito was better than Messi. The only reason i posted it in this thread is because there is no official Argentina thread. Feel free to make one so i can LOL in that thread.

ElNono
06-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Didn't get to watch the game, but heard it was pretty embarrassing... then again, it was embarrassing sending these gimmick teams to just cash in...

DAF86
06-02-2011, 12:02 AM
1LltfBhFD18&feature=related

lefty
06-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Barcelona star Lionel Messi plays down assault by Rosario Central fan

Argentina star claims he was not touched during a scuffle outside a restaurant in his home city of Rosario, as he prepares for the Copa America next month

By Daniel Edwards

3 Jun 2011 00:15:00

115 Share (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goal.com%2Fen-gb%2Fnews%2F2889%2Fsouth-america%2F2011%2F06%2F03%2F2515387%2Fbarcelona-star-lionel-messi-plays-down-assault-by-rosario&t=Barcelona%20star%20Lionel%20Messi%20plays%20down %20assault%20by%20Rosario%20Central%20fan%20-%20Goal.com&src=sp)
[/URL]

http://u.goal.com/132800/132800_news.jpg [URL="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/photo/gallery?id=132800"]Photo Gallery (http://www.google.com/buzz/post)
Zoom (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/article-image?id=132800)

Uefa Champions League : Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Related Links

Teams

Barcelona (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/spain/125/barcelona)

Players

Lionel Messi (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/argentina/8012/lionel-messi)

Barcelona (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/spain/125/barcelona) star Lionel Messi (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/argentina/8012/lionel-messi) received a scare in his home town of Rosario, when a fan of local giants Rosario Central tried to punch him, but has played down the incident.

The striker was back in Argentina ahead of training for next month's Copa America and was surrounded by fans and photographers after leaving a restaurant. A scuffle ensued before the Barca star got into a car and was diven away.
"I didn't feel a thing and I only found out after all the kerfuffle, it was nothing," Messi told sports daily Ole. "I wasn't even touched."
Reports in Argentina suggested it was a rivalry related attack on account of Messi having played during his formative years for Newell's Old Boys - big rivals of Rosario.

"We're taking photos and we see the arm and he dodges it. [Messi] did not react badly, he left walking and got into the [car]," a witness told TV news channel C5N.

MB20
06-03-2011, 11:59 AM
A stupid high school kid tried to punch Messi...nothing serious really happened.

ALVAREZ6
06-03-2011, 12:02 PM
And apparently the kid ran away after throwing the punch, so it was probably one of those 'I get to say I punched Lionel Messi'-type of thing.

DAF86
06-28-2011, 09:24 PM
LQ5cEkBLOZ8

ALVAREZ6
06-28-2011, 09:42 PM
lmao barrack thought he was all sly with the Messi reference...probably thinks it's like a Messi trademark to wear the #10 :lol.

Brazil
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Meanwhile River Plates fans destroyed Buenos Aires... yeah I know nothing related to this thread but it's like the lol thread in the nba forum, no real reason needed to bump this thread

resistanze
07-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Downgraded to JESUS.

ElNono
07-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Diego came out defending him today. Here's one answer I completely agree with:

- Why did you come out now to defend him? A few weeks ago you didn't want to talk about the National Team.

Because it's unfair, man. When was the Champions League final? A month and a half ago? Wasn't he the best player ever and we all agreed? And today is the worst player we have on the team? I'm just going to say one thing: Argentina is the way it is because we're the way we are.

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Diego came out defending him today. Here's one answer I completely agree with:

- Why did you come out now to defend him? A few weeks ago you didn't want to talk about the National Team.

Because it's unfair, man. When was the Champions League final? A month and a half ago? Wasn't he the best player ever and we all agreed? And today is the worst player we have on the team? I'm just going to say one thing: Argentina is the way it is because we're the way we are.

wouldnt take any comments from diego with a grain of salt, dude is just as bad as jordan when it comes to scouting talent, he jumps on every bandwagon when he sees something good and dumps them when they dont live up to the hype....

lol does he really think he did any coachin for the NT in sth africa? lmao...

ElNono
07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
wouldnt take any comments from diego with a grain of salt, dude is just as bad as jordan when it comes to scouting talent, he jumps on every bandwagon when he sees something good and dumps them when they dont live up to the hype....

lol does he really think he did any coachin for the NT in sth africa? lmao...

Meh, it's just one answer which I happen to agree with. There's a full interview outside of that question where he goes into his usual incoherent ramblings... :lol

ElNono
08-08-2011, 07:07 PM
C4oCogYwyeU

resistanze
08-08-2011, 08:25 PM
JtB.

joshdaboss
08-09-2011, 03:58 AM
LMAO Ronaldo >>> Messi.

http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/football-banter/35913-cristiano-ronaldo-vs-lionel-messi-21.html

Venti Quattro
08-09-2011, 04:33 AM
:lmao lifting a Leo vs Gaynaldo poll from the Man Utd forums.

That's like asking the same question in www.barcaforum.com (http://www.barcaforum.com). Only that Messi would totally floor Gaynaldo in barcaforum :lmao

You like challenging the status quo, joshdaboss, I'll give you that. :lol

it's me
08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Messi=WINNING

http://www.divinity.es/wp-content/gallery/messi-y-alves-en-ibiza/gtres_u144974_035.jpg

http://www.divinity.es/wp-content/gallery/messi-y-alves-en-ibiza/gtres_u144974_040.jpg

resistanze
08-09-2011, 11:58 AM
If the best player on the planet (and the man who prophesized Jesus' arrival) isn't pullling in top notch pussy then he needs to turn in his dick immediately.

it's me
08-09-2011, 12:20 PM
If the best player on the planet (and the man who prophesized Jesus' arrival) isn't pullling in top notch pussy then he needs to turn in his dick immediately.

:lmao Agree...... but it's interesting this chick has been with him since his "no future midget" years. At least that's what I've read.

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
:lmao Agree...... but it's interesting this chick has been with him since his "no future midget" years. At least that's what I've read.

I'm pretty sure it's true as well, but I think he's dated others in between. There's enough top notch tail to go around in Argentina so maybe that's why it can shock some people.

joshdaboss
08-09-2011, 06:56 PM
:lmao lifting a Leo vs Gaynaldo poll from the Man Utd forums.

That's like asking the same question in www.barcaforum.com (http://www.barcaforum.com). Only that Messi would totally floor Gaynaldo in barcaforum :lmao

You like challenging the status quo, joshdaboss, I'll give you that. :lol

Yeah, I'm sure Shaq would be pretty popular with most Lakers fans. No, they dickride the current player that's there, even though Shaq was responsible for all of those championships. Piss poor logic.

Also, Messi is garbage. He's like the Iverson of soccer.

Hey, remind me how many goals Messi scored in the world cup, you know, when his TEAMMATES didn't outclass everyone brutally every match.

Game. Set. Match.

joshdaboss
08-09-2011, 06:58 PM
If the best player on the planet

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

ElNono
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Hey, remind me how many goals Messi scored in the world cup :cry :cry :cry :cry

How did Gaynaldo do in the World Cup?

lol Messi making it farther with shittier teammates... :lmao

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Shaq would be pretty popular with most Lakers fans. No, they dickride the current player that's there, even though Shaq was responsible for all of those championships. Piss poor logic.

Hey, remind me how many goals Messi scored in the world cup, you know, when his TEAMMATES didn't outclass everyone brutally every match.

Game. Set. Match.

...LMAO, "Game. Set . Match."

Typing that after that post shows just how much you know about soccer, but it's not like we needed that post to predict you don't know shit about soccer, because you clearly don't know much about anything.

Not really. And I will say this, I have no doubt in my mind the Lakers have more rings right now with Vince Carter than they do Kobe. A motivated Carter playing on a team with Shaq... lol.

ElNono
08-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Messi shitting on ManU when Gaynaldo was there: check
Messi shitting on Real Madrid when Gaynaldo was there: check
Messi shitting on ManU when Gaynaldo was gone: check

RMAO, RMAO :lmao

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2011, 07:05 PM

joshdaboss
08-09-2011, 07:09 PM

How did Gaynaldo do in the World Cup?

lol Messi making it farther with shittier teammates... :lmao

Funniest shit here is you comparing Argentina beating MEXICO to Portugal losing to SPAIN LMAAAAAAAAAAO. It's funny what happened when they ran into an actual opponent, though. 4-0, Germany. ROFL

LMAO @ shittier teammates. Who was Ronaldo's second best player? Simao? ROFL. What I do know is, Ronaldo actually scored in the world cup. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

resistanze
08-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't think Messi=GOD but Iverson? Really?

Cmon son. Youknowyoudonesaidsomestupidassshityoutakeback.

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Funniest shit here is you comparing Argentina beating MEXICO to Portugal losing to SPAIN LMAAAAAAAAAAO. It's funny what happened when they ran into an actual opponent, though. 4-0, Germany. ROFL

LMAO @ shittier teammates. Who was Ronaldo's second best player? Simao? ROFL. What I do know is, Ronaldo actually scored in the world cup. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:lmao

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2011, 07:35 PM
lol @ everyone acting like that's nuts to say. Shaq said it himself. Look up their career numbers before Carter's knees went south. It could be argued Carter was a better player than Kobe. I mean, he took a team with Alvin Williams at point guard to damn near a finals appearance. That's LeBron James type stuff.

Answer me this: What does Kobe do without an elite big man on his squad? What does he do in the playoffs? Does he even make the playoffs(LMAO)?
lol @ everyone acting like that's nuts to say. Shaq said it himself. Look up their career numbers before Carter's knees went south. It could be argued Carter was a better player than Kobe. I mean, he took a team with Alvin Williams at point guard to damn near a finals appearance. That's LeBron James type stuff.

Answer me this: What does Kobe do without an elite big man on his squad? What does he do in the playoffs? Does he even make the playoffs(LMAO)?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ElNono
08-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Funniest shit here is you comparing Argentina beating MEXICO to Portugal losing to SPAIN :cry :cry :cry :cry

Argentina didn't pick opponents. Cry me a river.

LMAO @ shittier teammates. Who was Ronaldo's second best player?

Isn't the Portugal central defense the same as Real Madrid?
Granted, Messi took a dump on both :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

And lol @ this shithead talking about World Cup goals when Gaynaldo has only 2 and Messi has 1...

:cry :cry :cry But Gaynaldo was the spanish top goalscorer :cry :cry :cry

ALVAREZ6
08-09-2011, 08:04 PM
crofl Messi taking dumps on defenses

joshdaboss
08-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Argentina didn't pick opponents. Cry me a river.

Isn't the Portugal central defense the same as Real Madrid?
Granted, Messi took a dump on both :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

And lol @ this shithead talking about World Cup goals when Gaynaldo has only 2 and Messi has 1...

:cry :cry :cry But Gaynaldo was the spanish top goalscorer :cry :cry :cry

crofl Messi taking dumps on defenses

31 shots (most in the world cup), 0 goals (least in the world cup)

ElNono
08-09-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.memecat.com/images/memes/chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpg

:cry :cry :cry Leave Gaynaldo Alone!!!! :cry :cry :cry

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

RMAO, RMAO

Sense
08-09-2011, 11:06 PM
You guys are getting semi-trolled

Venti Quattro
08-09-2011, 11:22 PM
:lmao Cristiano Ronaldo

:lmao goals trash talk

:lmao RMAO RMAO RMAO

DAF86
08-10-2011, 02:34 PM
When I troll I try not to say totally fucked up shit so that people can doubt if I'm beign serious or not, I guess I was putting all that work in vain.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Messi wins best Euro player 2010-2011.

bytAQBHgLwU

Haters gonna hate, tbh... Platini looks like he's going to cry. lol Gaynaldo having to applaud. :lol

it's me
08-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Wow I didn't expect it ... lol...................now seriously, UEFA separation or disagreement with FIFA is more obvious as the time goes by, there was no need for this award.

DAF86
08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Messi 38 votes, Xavi 11, Ronaldo 3.

Xavi > Ronaldo = Justice

urunobili
08-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Best in the world no doubt :)

resistanze
08-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Congrats JtB!

lefty
08-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Messi 38 votes, Xavi 11, Ronaldo 3.

Xavi > Ronaldo = Justice
ROFL, more like getting back at Madrid for what happened in game 2 of the SSC

DAF86
08-25-2011, 09:23 PM
JtB? SSC?

ElNono
08-25-2011, 10:11 PM
SSC = Spanish Super Cup

DAF86
08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
If I have to build a team from scratch I pick Xavi ahead of Ronaldo, in fact I pick him ahead of everyone except Messi.

resistanze
08-25-2011, 10:19 PM
JtB?

http://www.sermons4kids.com/john_baptist_colorpg.gif

SAtown
08-25-2011, 10:21 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2vct8qc.jpg

If I have to build a team from scratch I pick Xavi ahead of Ronaldo, in fact I pick him ahead of everyone except Messi.

DAF86
08-25-2011, 10:29 PM
crofl SAtown is scared his team has to face Barca in the Champions league.

BTW, It was a comment arguing lefty's post about Ronaldo beign behind Xavi only as a punishment to Real for what happened in the second SSC.

SAtown
08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
crofl SAtown is scared his team has to face Barca in the Champions league.

aBaYVo89mmY

joshdaboss
08-25-2011, 11:29 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not sure if serious.

joshdaboss
08-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Best in the world no doubt :)

Not really. Ronaldo scored 75 percent of Real's goals. Messi plays on the best team in the world. You saw what happens when his team doesn't outmatch everyone else. He shoots 31 times and he scores 0 times.

ElNono
08-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Messi wins best Euro player 2010-2011.

bytAQBHgLwU

Haters gonna hate, tbh... Platini looks like he's going to cry. lol Gaynaldo having to applaud. :lol

Gaynaldo :cry :cry :cry :cry

Keep crying for Gaynaldo while Messi fetches all the hardware :lmao

joshdaboss
08-25-2011, 11:47 PM
Keep crying for Gaynaldo while Messi fetches all the hardware :lmao

I'm not sure why you keep calling him Gaynaldo. Because he's good looking and Messi is an ugly dwarf? I donno...

Also, this award is as meaningless as DPOY in the NBA.

ElNono
08-26-2011, 12:05 AM
:cry :cry :cry :cry Gaynaldo only wins meaningful awards, like Copa del Rey :cry :cry :cry :cry

:lol

tbh, sucks to be Gaynaldo. He's talented, but he's just playing in the Messi era.

Venti Quattro
08-26-2011, 12:20 AM
:lmao 31/0 smack talk

:lmao ignoring Messi's value in Barcelona

:lmao Ronaldo picking up scrap hardware in the Messi era

DAF86
08-26-2011, 07:32 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not sure if serious.

If you knew something about football you would know if I'm beign serious or not.

Good to see that the Spanish Supercup duel is over for you.

it's me
08-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Not really. Ronaldo scored 75 percent of Real's goals. Messi plays on the best team in the world. You saw what happens when his team doesn't outmatch everyone else. He shoots 31 times and he scores 0 times.

:lmao We all saw what happens when Messi comes back from vacation to play against an obsessed, preseason champion Cristina ..... poor Cristina lovers, the only thing the have now to argue is his Argi NT performance... and they probably haven't seen a single game.Messi has been the best Argi player almost every time his NT plays.... he's not scoring... so what, his giving assist and leaving his teammates open all the time. Messi haters have to thank God pseudocoaches have been in charge of the Arg team lately. If i remember correctly he has won a u-20 WC and a olimpics.:wakeup

ALVAREZ6
08-26-2011, 04:27 PM
aBaYVo89mmY

ogait
08-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Is this your Manu > Dirk version in football?

DAF86
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Is this your Manu > Dirk version in football?

Manu > Dirk is a Mav Krew invention. But I'll gladly take credit for Xavi > Ronaldo, if I have to build a team from scratch I pick Xavi ahead of Ronaldo no doubt.

Ronaldo is a great athlete, he is strong, fast, tall but he doesn't have the understanding of the game that Xavi has. Xavi always makes the right choice and 99% of the time he executes that choice to perfection. He is arguably the best player in the World at keeping control of the ball and he's always in motion whether it is to find open spaces in the rival's defense or to press and get the ball back. He's constantly among the players that run more miles per game in a season.

Cristiano is great too but he's to self centered, it was painful to watch him play in the second match of the SSC, he had more shots than passes made, that's unheard of from a profesional player, he has also regressed a lot in his dribbling, he seems to not be able to get past people anymore. He's a great player though.

I'm not knocking on Cristiano, I just think that Xavi is that great, he's an all time great in my book, one of the most underrated players of all time. He's the main responsible for the style of play that made Spain Euro and World champions for the first time in history and for the style of play of Barcelona, arguably the best team of all time.

ALVAREZ6
08-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Manu > Dirk is a Mav Krew invention. But I'll gladly take credit for Xavi > Ronaldo, if I have to build a team from scratch I pick Xavi ahead of Ronaldo no doubt.

Ronaldo is a great athlete, he is strong, fast, tall but he doesn't have the understanding of the game that Xavi has. Xavi always makes the right choice and 99% of the time he executes that choice to perfection. He is arguably the best player in the World at keeping control of the ball and he's always in motion whether it is to find open spaces in the rival's defense or to press and get the ball back. He's constantly among the players that run more miles per game in a season.

Cristiano is great too but he's to self centered, it was painful to watch him play in the second match of the SSC, he had more shots than passes made, that's unheard of from a profesional player, he has also regressed a lot in his dribbling, he seems to not be able to get past people anymore. He's a great player though.

I'm not knocking on Cristiano, I just think that Xavi is that great, he's an all time great in my book, one of the most underrated players of all time. He's the main responsible for the style of play that made Spain Euro and World champions for the first time in history and for the style of play of Barcelona, arguably the best team of all time.

That really wasn't necessary, you don't really need to support yourself when you state you'll take Xavi over Ronaldo when starting a team from scratch because it'd be retarded not to, unless you're factoring in their ages...

Spurologist
08-26-2011, 11:49 PM
aBaYVo89mmY

:lmao :lmao

joshdaboss
08-27-2011, 12:11 AM

tbh, sucks to be Gaynaldo. He's talented, but he's just playing in the Messi era.

How so? He's the best player in the world and he can have sex with whoever he wants. You couldn't say the same for Messi, on both accounts.

joshdaboss
08-27-2011, 12:13 AM
:lmao 31/0 smack talk

:lmao ignoring Messi's value in Barcelona

:lmao Ronaldo picking up scrap hardware in the Messi era

:lmao Acting like 31/0 didn't happen

:lmao World class players coming off of the bench

:lmao Meaningless awards

joshdaboss
08-27-2011, 12:15 AM
If you knew something about football you would know if I'm beign serious or not.

Good to see that the Spanish Supercup duel is over for you.

That really wasn't necessary, you don't really need to support yourself when you state you'll take Xavi over Ronaldo when starting a team from scratch because it'd be retarded not to, unless you're factoring in their ages...

Yeah. I'd strongly considering taking someone who scores 5 goals over someone that scores 50 and is arguably better setting others up as well. HAHAHAHAHAHA Credibility = completely out the window.

ElNono
08-27-2011, 12:21 AM
:cry :cry :cry but Gaynaldo is cute :cry :cry :cry

:lol Gaynaldo borderline second best (behind Messi)
:lol Gaynaldo on a stacked team and only a Copa del Rey to show for it (while Messi picks up the rest of the hardware)
:lol Gaynaldo's Portugal beaten by Messi's Argentina even with a shitty coach
:lol Gaynaldo 7348372 shots and 3 passes in the SSC and still losing
:lol Gaynaldo shitted by Messi 99% of the time, when he played for ManU, Madrid and Portugal
:lol Gaynaldo having to attend and applaud Messi getting all the Euro awards

ElNono
08-27-2011, 12:23 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/33m8oz4.jpg

lol u mad Gaynaldo?

joshdaboss
08-27-2011, 12:34 AM
:lol Gaynaldo borderline second best (behind Messi)
:lol Gaynaldo on a stacked team and only a Copa del Rey to show for it (while Messi picks up the rest of the hardware)
:lol Gaynaldo's Portugal beaten by Messi's Argentina even with a shitty coach
:lol Gaynaldo 7348372 shots and 3 passes in the SSC and still losing
:lol Gaynaldo shitted by Messi 99% of the time, when he played for ManU, Madrid and Portugal
:lol Gaynaldo having to attend and applaud Messi getting all the Euro awards

Soccer is completely a team game. You're reciting all things that have been accomplished by Barcelona and not by Messi himself. Ronaldo is better in all facets of the game, particularly in the air. Do you think if Ronaldo's TEAM had won, that Messi would be collecting any trophies? Of course not.

It's like Derrick Rose collecting the MVP trophy, when everyone knows LeBron is the best player in the league.

it's me
08-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Soccer is completely a team game. You're reciting all things that have been accomplished by Barcelona and not by Messi himself. Ronaldo is better in all facets of the game, particularly in the air. Do you think if Ronaldo's TEAM had won, that Messi would be collecting any trophies? Of course not.

It's like Derrick Rose collecting the MVP trophy, when everyone knows LeBron is the best player in the league.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
Now it's a team game... but to trashtalk Messi his national TEAM failures are his fault.....:lmao:lmao:lmao sure, you're so credible.... don't be so butthurt idiot, maybe in the next life your Cristina can be better than Messi, for now CR3 is nothing more than the first loser.

ElNono
08-27-2011, 12:54 AM
:cry :cry :cry Soccer is completely a team game followed by some more Gaynaldo :cheer :cry :cry :cry

Messi is simply the younger, quicker and far superior player. Better team player, better one on one player, better court vision and assist man.

:lol having to fall back to cute smack
:lol NT smack when Messi won more at the NT level than Gaynaldo
:lol Gaynaldo riding Rooney coattails to win any hardware
:lol Gaynaldo can't even beat Messi on the shitty awards

ElNono
08-27-2011, 12:56 AM
BTW, Messi scored (again) today and fetched more hardware... :lmao

Venti Quattro
08-27-2011, 02:15 AM
So football is a team game, then why is Ronaldo trying to shoot everytime for Real Madrid?

ogait
08-27-2011, 09:22 AM

First of this being mainly a basketball forum it's normal that terms used when talking about basketball are used in other sports, but the notion of "one player to build around" it's not even applicable to football as it is to basketball. That means no teams are build from scratch around one player, they just try to pick the best possible for each position, so it's not even worth having this discussion.

Now as far as both players skills it's always complicated to compare players from different positions but I'll say this, I can't think of a single technical attribute aside from pass accuracy where Xavi is better than Ronaldo. I mean dribbling, shooting, pace, strength, anything to make your case? Ofc he has better court vision and decision making than Ronaldo, he's a bloody centre midfielder and 95 % of his decisions are a 10 yards pass to Iniesta.

Further more there are several players in the centre midfield position with a similar skill level as Xavi even in is own team, while there's is only one wing/forward player better than Ronaldo in the entire world and that's Messi.

In short Messi > Ronaldo it's obvious. Xavi > Ronaldo it's just hating.

ogait
08-27-2011, 09:27 AM
So football is a team game, then why is Ronaldo trying to shoot everytime for Real Madrid?

As a Kobe Bryant fan you should sympathise with him tbh.

diego
08-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Now as far as both players skills it's always complicated to compare players from different positions but I'll say this, I can't think of a single technical attribute aside from pass accuracy where Xavi is better than Ronaldo. I mean dribbling, shooting, pace, strength, anything to make your case? Ofc he has better court vision and decision making than Ronaldo, he's a bloody centre midfielder and 95 % of his decisions are a 10 yards pass to Iniesta.

you could argue that denilson was a better athlete and more skilled than cruyff, maradona, romario, I could go on and on. being athletic and skilled with the ball is meaningless if you dont know how to play in a (winning) team. even less if you are mentally weak. ronaldo is better than denilson, thats not what im saying. but I'm not sure if he is better than xavi, and unlike DAF I dont consider xavi to be one of the greatest players of all time. Ronaldo scores a lot of goals, but he is also soft, one dimensional, and a ballhog. if I were a manager I wouldnt even consider paying his transfer because it is completely disproportionate to his value on the field.

TDMVPDPOY
08-27-2011, 01:16 PM
you could argue that denilson was a better athlete and more skilled than cruyff, maradona, romario, I could go on and on. being athletic and skilled with the ball is meaningless if you dont know how to play in a (winning) team. even less if you are mentally weak. ronaldo is better than denilson, thats not what im saying. but I'm not sure if he is better than xavi, and unlike DAF I dont consider xavi to be one of the greatest players of all time. Ronaldo scores a lot of goals, but he is also soft, one dimensional, and a ballhog. if I were a manager I wouldnt even consider paying his transfer because it is completely disproportionate to his value on the field.

denilson was fkn shit, his only good on those stupid nike watever footwear brand he was advertisin on tv...other then that he showed nothing on the soccer field...

as for xavi and iniesta..both of these guys did play for big clubs b4 joinin barca and won shit all...both are overrated as hell...if they were that good how come they didnt win anything b4 barca...

DAF86
08-27-2011, 01:48 PM
First of this being mainly a basketball forum it's normal that terms used when talking about basketball are used in other sports, but the notion of "one player to build around" it's not even applicable to football as it is to basketball. That means no teams are build from scratch around one player, they just try to pick the best possible for each position, so it's not even worth having this discussion.

You do this in football since you're a little kid when the captains of the teams have to choose their teammates, they pick first who they think is the best available so no this isn't just a basketball thing.

Of course they're different and have different skillsets, but they're both football players and if I had to choose one to have on my team I would pick Xavi.

And yes Ronaldo is better at all those things you said but Xavi is better at arguably the most important atributte of all: football IQ, this means always making the right play whether that play is a through ball, a shot, moving without the ball, pressing the oponent or a simple 5 metres pass. IMO Xavi is the best at this, better than Messi.

Further more there are several players in the centre midfield position with a similar skill level as Xavi even in is own team, while there's is only one wing/forward player better than Ronaldo in the entire world and that's Messi.

Maybe there are several similar to Xavi but nobody is better than him at his position imo.

In short Messi > Ronaldo it's obvious. Xavi > Ronaldo it's just hating.

I think it's unfair to Xavi to say that him beign better than Ronalo is hating. I'm not hating on Ronaldo, I already said that I think he's a great player but to me Xavi is better and I don't think that's a wild thing to say seeing that in the last two votations for best player in the World Xavi ended ahead of Cristiano.

Look, I could be here diminishing Messi's teammates atributes to make him look better but no, I call it like I see it and to me Xavi is the second best player in the World, I'm not hating on anyone.

DAF86
08-27-2011, 01:49 PM
denilson was fkn shit, his only good on those stupid nike watever footwear brand he was advertisin on tv...other then that he showed nothing on the soccer field...

as for xavi and iniesta..both of these guys did play for big clubs b4 joinin barca and won shit all...both are overrated as hell...if they were that good how come they didnt win anything b4 barca...

Crofl WTF :lol

Xavi and Iniesta played all their professional careers in Barcelona.

ElNono
08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
as for xavi and iniesta..both of these guys did play for big clubs b4 joinin barca and won shit all...

wtf lol :lmao

ogait
08-27-2011, 03:54 PM
You do this in football since you're a little kid when the captains of the teams have to choose their teammates, they pick first who they think is the best available so no this isn't just a basketball thing.

I was referring to the notion of building a team from scratch around one player. That can happen in the NBA where a transcendent player can transform a lottery team into a contender. In football if you are that good you'll end up in one of the better teams. There is much less that you can impact as an individual, even if you're the best player in the world, just look at Messi playing for your country national team.

As far as Xavi I just think it's a bit of a reach to ranking him at such a high standard seeing how he was never considered that good for most of his carrer. Was he at any point of his entire Barcelona career the best player on his own team, like let's say a similar position player like Gerrard in Liverpool, Lampard in Chelsea or even Fabregas in Arsenal?

Not saying those player are better but just putting things in perspective. I even have a hard time definitely ranking Xavi ahead of Iniesta.

ElNono
08-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Xavi is the best player at his position right now. He's not the kind of guy that was over the top as a kid (ie: Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo (not Gaynaldo), Rooney, Neymar, Kaka, Agüero, etc).

But that's not a knock, IMO. Some players eventually gain the experience and the knowledge of the game to be at the top. And that's exactly where he's at right now.

They also eventually fade out as years go on and the multitude of games get on their legs. It's only natural. Right now there's no better attacking midfielder and assist man than Xavi, tbh. He's done it at every stage, including the World Cup.

Venti Quattro
08-27-2011, 10:25 PM
as for xavi and iniesta..both of these guys did play for big clubs b4 joinin barca and won shit all...

:rollin

DAF86
08-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Let's get this thread back on track, Messi anounced as the new captain for Argentina.

joshdaboss
08-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Let's get this thread back on track, Messi anounced as the new captain for Argentina.

lol @ him not even being Captain up until now. Nice career.

DAF86
08-28-2011, 09:00 PM

TDMVPDPOY
08-29-2011, 02:25 AM
whether his captain of argy doesnt really matter, what matters is the excuses he needs for the NT not winning that triphy thats still vacant in his cabinet....

joshdaboss
08-29-2011, 02:30 AM
whether his captain of argy doesnt really matter, what matters is the excuses he needs for the NT not winning that triphy thats still vacant in his cabinet....

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

4-0, Germany.

Muller = ball boy.

Maradona

ElNono
08-29-2011, 10:50 AM
4-0, Germany.

:lol Gaynaldo watching that game from home already
:lol Gaynaldo NT trophy case empty

it's me
08-29-2011, 11:29 AM
:lol Gaynaldo watching that game from home already
:lol Gaynaldo NT trophy case empty

But Cristina did make a magnificent technical goal in the most critical time for his team, against a super powerful team. :lmao

8fylT4m4xgk&NR=1

joshdaboss
08-29-2011, 04:22 PM
But Cristina did make a magnificent technical goal in the most critical time for his team, against a super powerful team. :lmao

8fylT4m4xgk&NR=1

Ummmm... the keeper tripped him? lol

ElNono
08-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Nobody cares about sloppy seconds Gaynaldo, tbh...

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2011, 03:14 AM
Xavi is the best player at his position right now. He's not the kind of guy that was over the top as a kid (ie: Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo (not Gaynaldo), Rooney, Neymar, Kaka, Agüero, etc).

But that's not a knock, IMO. Some players eventually gain the experience and the knowledge of the game to be at the top. And that's exactly where he's at right now.

They also eventually fade out as years go on and the multitude of games get on their legs. It's only natural. Right now there's no better attacking midfielder and assist man than Xavi, tbh. He's done it at every stage, including the World Cup.

bullshit

imo him and iniesta are in a position of their club right time right place..

could they bring that over to a another club with the same performance and results?

both aint even in figo, zidane class yet

ElNono
08-30-2011, 11:22 AM
bullshit

imo him and iniesta are in a position of their club right time right place..

could they bring that over to a another club with the same performance and results?

both aint even in figo, zidane class yet

They did in Spain NT... same result.

ALVAREZ6
08-30-2011, 10:27 PM
They did in Spain NT... same result.

ElNono
09-03-2011, 02:19 PM
lol linesman asking him for a photo

DlD_78-HWFY

ALVAREZ6
09-03-2011, 02:21 PM
CGpQ8ou3fdM

ElNono
09-03-2011, 02:41 PM
25/0 :cry :cry :cry

joshdaboss
09-05-2011, 02:29 AM
CGpQ8ou3fdM

Chris Paul assists, imo. Assists being counted that aren't even assists. lmao

ElNono
09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
:lol Cyprus fans chanting "Messi Messi" when Gaynaldo touched the ball
:lol Gaynaldo getting :madrun
:lol Messi >>>> Gaynaldo even when Messi isn't there

joshdaboss
09-05-2011, 07:12 PM
:lol Cyprus fans chanting "Messi Messi" when Gaynaldo touched the ball
:lol Gaynaldo getting :madrun
:lol Messi >>>> Gaynaldo even when Messi isn't there

Perhaps you have heard of the expression, "haters gonna hate". When someone is the best and they know it (a la LeBron James), people tend to dislike them.

ElNono
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Perhaps you have heard of the expression, "haters gonna hate". When someone is the best and they know it (a la LeBron James), people tend to dislike them.

Uh? No. That happens when you're good but a bitch (fitting description to both Lebron and Gaynaldo).

lol @ taking the bait from Cyprus fans :lol

The truly best are idolized. See: Messi everywhere he goes.

Venti Quattro
09-05-2011, 11:04 PM

You're hating on Messi. You dislike him.

joshdaboss
09-06-2011, 01:03 AM

I have no problem with Messi. I have a problem with calling him the best in the world, which he isn't.

ALVAREZ6
09-06-2011, 01:12 AM
I have no problem with Messi. I have a problem with calling him the best in the world, which he isn't.

ElNono
09-06-2011, 02:21 AM
The very best create envy too... that's right there what's happening with Gaynaldo and his cheerleaders...

DAF86
09-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Please tell us who is the best player in the World and give us a well thought explination of why.

joshdaboss
09-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Please tell us who is the best player in the World and give us a well thought explination of why.

Ronaldo.

- Has a way better weak foot.
- No comparison in the air.
- Better at fk/set pieces.
- Better dribbler.
- Much more powerful striker of the ball.
- No comparison athletically.

Only real advantage Messi has over Ronaldo is attitude and willingness to play with teammates(which is the main reason Ronaldo isn't completely revered). Really, I see nothing else that he's better at.

resistanze
09-06-2011, 11:46 PM
C'mon son.

Venti Quattro
09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AoEht.gif

joshdaboss
09-07-2011, 12:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AoEht.gif

LMAO @ pasting a shot on goal that missed (AGAIN) and was cleaned up.

Venti Quattro
09-07-2011, 12:58 AM
LMAO @ pasting a shot on goal that missed (AGAIN) and was cleaned up.

:lol hating
:lol disliking

ALVAREZ6
09-07-2011, 01:29 AM
:lol ronaldo
:lol joshdabum
:lol dumbass who clearly doesn't watch these players play

ElNono
09-07-2011, 01:44 AM
- Better dribbler.

:lol this is when you know gaynaldo fanboi is reaching
:lol weak foot
:lol dribbler :lmao
:lol athletic

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/reuters/20110817/23/3304032785-17082011230412.jpg

:lol if gaynaldo could only catch up to him

Venti Quattro
09-07-2011, 01:47 AM
:lol sliding
:lol still couldn't catch up with God
:lol God leaving Ronaldo in a trail of clouds

ALVAREZ6
09-07-2011, 01:53 AM
:lol this is when you know gaynaldo fanboi is reaching
:lol dribbler :lmao
:lol athletic

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/reuters/20110817/23/3304032785-17082011230412.jpg

:lol if gaynaldo could only catch up to him

crofl that goal was with messi's weak foot :lol

and crofl, it was very similar to another Messi goal vs. RMAO, also with his weak foot :lol

_Q1Cj7JGFT0

ElNono
09-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Godmode on

O18DIfKrJtc

Godmode off

:lol dribbling
:lol gaynaldo wishes he could pull half of those
:lol that's just last year alone

SAtown
09-07-2011, 02:01 AM
:lol Damn you guys are pretty obsessed with Cristiano Ronaldo.

DAF86
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Ronaldo.

1) Has a way better weak foot.
2) No comparison in the air.
3) Better at fk/set pieces.
4) Better dribbler.
5) Much more powerful striker of the ball.
6) No comparison athletically.

7) Only real advantage Messi has over Ronaldo is attitude and willingness to play with teammates(which is the main reason Ronaldo isn't completely revered). Really, I see nothing else that he's better at.

1) Arguable. Messi has scored some memorable goals with his right foot, I can't think of ay memorable goal Ronaldo ha scored with his left foot (I'm not saying he didn't). Let's say Ronaldo has a better weak foot, he definitely doesn't have a "way better" weak foot.

2)

g4xo0gLPV1A

But yeah, Ronaldo is better in the air for obvious reasons. Although Messi for his height is pretty decent.

3) I can give you that too.

4) You have to be kidding me. Messi is the best dribler in the World by a huge difference, probably the best dribler of all-time (only player that can challenge him here hystorically is Maradona). I don't even think Ronaldo is the second best dribler, guys like Robben, Sanchez, Neymar are better than him.

5) So what? Messi is more acurate. Accuracy > Power. Messi is the best finisher in the World.

6) Why? Because Ronaldo is tall and likes to take his shirt off when he scores? Messi is the fastest player with the ball in his feet, absorbs hits like no other, is very hard to tackle down and generally plays more minutes/games per season than any other player in the World and never gets injured or tired.

7) That's probably the most important aspect of all. What's the point of beign a physically gifted player if you don't take full advantage of those atributes?

And there's really nothing else you see where Messi is better than Ronaldo? What about the fact that Messi usually steps up his game in the most important games while Ronaldo usually underperforms?

There's also the little matter of Messi's playmaking abilities and court vision.

Phenomanul
09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I guess this should go here as well...

IMO if offensive-minded players were ranked on a "completeness as a fooballer" scale, where 100 was the perfect score then (based on 'today's' competencies and on how much the opposing team has to factor them in when developing game strategies):

1. Lionel Messi = 99 (almost perfect player: possessing speed, agility, ball control, creativity, only missing strength is heading)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo = 96 (of course CR7 will score often, because he takes more than half of the team's shots on goal - that said, he's still a very gifted player).
3. Wayne Rooney = 95
4. Xavi Hernández = 94
5. Diego Forlán = 92
6. Edin Džeko = 90 (Many here don't follow him regularly, but this guy can score from anywhere.)
7. Wesley Sneijder = 90
8. Sergio Agüero = 90
9. Andrés Iniesta = 89
10. Luis Suarez = 89
11. David Villa = 89
12. Samuel Eto'o = 88
13. Neymar = 88
14. Cesc Fábregas = 87
15. Zlatan Ibrahimović = 87
16. Mesut Özil = 87
17. Nani = 87
18. Dani Alves = 86
19. Thomas Müller = 86
20. Samir Nasri = 86
21. Carlos Tevez = 86
22. Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite (Kaká) = 85
23. Robin Van Persie = 85
24. Ronaldinho = 84
25. Javier ''Chicharito'' Hernández = 83 (my homer pick; though one could make a case he could probably rank higher on the list based on the kind of year he's had).

Edit: forgot Nasri (who at this moment is probably France's best playmaker given Ribery's age)... and inserted Nani...

ogait
09-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Ronaldo.

- No comparison in the air.
- Better dribbler.
- Much more powerful striker of the ball.

Only real advantage Messi has over Ronaldo is attitude and willingness to play with teammates(which is the main reason Ronaldo isn't completely revered). Really, I see nothing else that he's better at.

- Has a way better weak foot. Better, not way better.
- No comparison in the air. Yes.
- Better at fk/set pieces. Yes.
- Better dribbler. No.
- Much more powerful striker of the ball. Power yes, accuracy no.
- No comparison athletically. Yes.

From a pure technical stand point Ronaldo isn't an inferior player to Messi. Now factor play making ability for others, performing in big games, making an impossible play out of nowhere, etc, and Messi clearly gets on top.

ElNono
09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
All these guys in their primers are/were better than Gaynaldo in his prime or at the very least just as good:

Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Messi, Ronaldo, Platini, Bergkamp, Francescoli, Ribéry, Rivaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Stoichkov, Laudrup (Michael). That's just off the top of my head.

ogait
09-07-2011, 05:12 PM
All these guys in their primers are/were better than Gaynaldo in his prime or at the very least just as good:

Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Messi, Ronaldo, Platini, Bergkamp, Francescoli, Ribéry, Rivaldo, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Stoichkov, Laudrup (Michael). That's just off the top of my head.

:lol El Nono reaching.

It's not really that hard to make an all time list of players better than Ronaldo, but some of those are bullshit. You haven't put much thought into this tbh.

ElNono
09-07-2011, 05:42 PM
:lol El Nono reaching.

It's not really that hard to make an all time list of players better than Ronaldo, but some of those are bullshit. You haven't put much thought into this tbh.

Thanks for pointing out where exactly I'm reaching :rolleyes

And yes, I did point out it was off the top of my head. Actually putting some time into it, you can probably find another dozen.

ogait
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Ok for example, please explain how much better Ribery is than Ronaldo, other than sleeping with under age prostitutes.

SAtown
09-07-2011, 06:52 PM

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/189784-1/Cojoined_haters.gif

ElNono
09-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Ok for example, please explain how much better Ribery is than Ronaldo, other than sleeping with under age prostitutes.

I think he's just as good, tbh. Good attacking player, good dribbling on speed, likes the fancy move on the ball that doesn't really get him anywhere, strong weak foot, vastly overrated... they share a lot of similarities. The only thing going against Franck is his Tevez-like face.

ElNono
09-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Don't know why anybody would hate the Corey Magette of soccer, tbh...

I don't hate Ronaldo at all, he's a very talented player. He's just a step below the great.

TDMVPDPOY
09-08-2011, 02:08 AM

lmao no...dude had what? one good season and nowhere to be seen when he made his shift to real

ElNono
09-08-2011, 03:04 AM
lmao no...dude had what? one good season and nowhere to be seen when he made his shift to real

You talking about Gaynaldo? Completely agree.

lefty
09-08-2011, 09:22 AM
SAtown

There is a fascist in your sig

Oh, and LOL Gaynaldo

http://s5.as.com/recorte/20110908dasdaiftb_17/XLCO/Ies/Cristiano_reconcilioa_Carvalho_Pepe.jpg

joshdaboss
09-11-2011, 03:23 PM
You talking about Gaynaldo? Completely agree.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk0aurawme1qj30i9o1_500.jpg

:rollin:rollin:rollin
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

joshdaboss
09-11-2011, 03:27 PM
6. Edin Dzeko = 90 (Many here don't follow him regularly, but this guy can score from anywhere.)

Credibility = gone.

20. Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite (Kaká) = 85

Spelling out his whole name isn't making anyone believe you're smart or know a lot about soccer.

ElNono
09-11-2011, 03:51 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk0aurawme1qj30i9o1_500.jpg

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Who are the defending champs? :lmao

ElNono
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Credibility = gone

That's rich :lmao

:lol 34/0

joshdaboss
09-11-2011, 11:32 PM
4) You have to be kidding me. Messi is the best dribler in the World by a huge difference, probably the best dribler of all-time (only player that can challenge him here hystorically is Maradona). I don't even think Ronaldo is the second best dribler, guys like Robben, Sanchez, Neymar are better than him.

No. Nobody comes at you with the kind of pace and skill on the ball Ronaldo does. Messi is more quick than fast, mainly because he's 5'2".

5) So what? Messi is more acurate. Accuracy > Power. Messi is the best finisher in the World.

HAHAHAHAHAH. The best finisher in the world takes the most shots on goal in the world cup, to score a total of ZERO goals? I. Don't. Think. So.

6) Why? Because Ronaldo is tall and likes to take his shirt off when he scores? Messi is the fastest player with the ball in his feet, absorbs hits like no other, is very hard to tackle down and generally plays more minutes/games per season than any other player in the World and never gets injured or tired.

Athleticism is no comparison. Ronaldo makes him look like a fool. Messi looks like a school boy. Ronaldo is also fouled more than any other player and is still rarely injured.

And there's really nothing else you see where Messi is better than Ronaldo? What about the fact that Messi usually steps up his game in the most important games while Ronaldo usually underperforms?

You mean like when he was getting his ass handed to him 0-4 by Germany in the World Cup?

There's also the little matter of Messi's playmaking abilities and court vision.

Messi could have better vision, that's debatable. It goes back to what I was saying before, Ronaldo is selfish, that's no secret.

ElNono
09-12-2011, 12:18 AM
No. Nobody comes at you with the kind of pace and skill on the ball Ronaldo does. Messi is more quick than fast, mainly because he's 5'2".

What? :lol

Ronaldo couldn't catch Messi ever.

HAHAHAHAHAH. The best finisher in the world takes the most shots on goal in the world cup, to score a total of ZERO goals? I. Don't. Think. So.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, like he only plays in the World Cup.
Ask your boy Gaynaldo how good a finisher Messi is.

And FWIW, Gaynaldo is FAR from a good finisher. He's a volume shooter. Good finishers are guys like Rooney, Agüero, Ronaldo, Romario, etc.

Athleticism is no comparison. Ronaldo makes him look like a fool. Messi looks like a school boy. Ronaldo is also fouled more than any other player and is still rarely injured.

So is Messi. And Messi played in many more games that Gaynaldo, including the World Cup (tee, hee). Athleticism is no comparison and Messi definitely has the upper hand.

You mean like when he was getting his ass handed to him 0-4 by Germany in the World Cup?

You mean like when Gaynaldo was watching that game on TV because his sorry ass team was already eliminated? Or when he was watching on TV the CL final because Messi sent him packing? How about when he was watching how Messi was winning the league after embarrassing Gaynaldo again? Or the Spanish Super Cup, where Gaynaldo saw first hand how Messi was raping him without lube? :lmao

Phenomanul
09-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Credibility = gone.

I guess it all evens out then... because in my eyes you had zero credibility from the moment you first posted in this forum... :lol

But it shows how little you know about VfL Wolfburg's 'Bosnian Diamond'... I guess you never followed the Bundesliga... ever even catch any of his goals? Based on your silly comment, I take it you haven't... Not everyone can score goals at a clip of 1.68 goals per game in the Bundesliga without being an 'ace' (the guy is simply a formidable striker, able to create his own shot from just about anywhere on the offensive pitch).

It is my opinion to rank him that highly, and you might not agree with it; but frankly, I don't even believe you knew who he was (even despite a move to Manchester City this season)... Like Luis Suarez and "el Kun" Agüero, Edin Džeko is poised for a brilliant EPL season... by the end of the season I'll be sure to repost this and make you "eat crow"... or at the very least reassert my position that you have little credibility to begin with.

Spelling out his whole name isn't making anyone believe you're smart or know a lot about soccer.

:lol name police... I just happen to like his name... Anyways, I've been posting in this forum about fútbol about as long as I've been posting about the San Antonio Spurs...

Phenomanul
09-12-2011, 01:37 PM
What? :lol

Ronaldo couldn't catch Messi ever.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, like he only plays in the World Cup.
Ask your boy Gaynaldo how good a finisher Messi is.

And FWIW, Gaynaldo is FAR from a good finisher. He's a volume shooter. Good finishers are guys like Rooney, Agüero, Ronaldo, Romario, etc.

So is Messi. And Messi played in many more games that Gaynaldo, including the World Cup (tee, hee). Athleticism is no comparison and Messi definitely has the upper hand.

You mean like when Gaynaldo was watching that game on TV because his sorry ass team was already eliminated? Or when he was watching on TV the CL final because Messi sent him packing? How about when he was watching how Messi was winning the league after embarrassing Gaynaldo again? Or the Spanish Super Cup, where Gaynaldo saw first hand how Messi was raping him without lube? :lmao

I don't get why CR7 fanboys bring up Messi's international record as a argument for claiming that CR is the better player... Again, both are great players but that argument simply doesn't fly.

CR7 hasn't won anything on the international front... Messi, on the other hand, has led Argentina to an Olympic Gold, and a U-20 Championship (on both occasions being named the tournament's best player).

ElNono
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't get why CR7 fanboys bring up Messi's international record as a argument for claiming that CR is the better player... Again, both are great players but that argument simply doesn't fly.

CR7 hasn't won anything on the international front... Messi, on the other hand, has led Argentina to an Olympic Gold, and a U-20 Championship (on both occasions being named the tournament's best player).

Not only that, for all the crying, Gaynaldo only scored 2 goals in two World Cups, compared to Messi 1 goal in two World Cups. And that's with Gaynaldo being a starter on both, while Messi barely playing in his first WC.

DAF86
09-12-2011, 02:44 PM

Messi gets past 2 or 3 guys almost everytime he tries. Ronaldo doesn't seem to get past even one guy anymore. To me is clear that Messi is the better dribbler and I'm sure 99% of the World would agree with me, even most Ronaldo fans.

That's just one month out of 6 years of career, besides you have to consider the kind of chances he had. He didn't have a single one on one against the goal keeper, most of his chances where shots from outside the box created by great individual plays.

Ronaldo isn't the most fouled player in the World, he's just one of the biggest divers.

Yes, him and Mascherano where the only Argentine players that played decently.

Messi could have better vision, that's debatable. It goes back to what I was saying before, Ronaldo is selfish, that's no secret.

Well, no selfish player can be the best in the World on a team sport.

SAtown
09-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Alessandro Nesta = Antichrist tbqh :lmao :lmao

joshdaboss
09-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Messi gets past 2 or 3 guys almost everytime he tries. Ronaldo doesn't seem to get past even one guy anymore. To me is clear that Messi is the better dribbler and I'm sure 99% of the World would agree with me, even most Ronaldo fans.

sMLxM-2I3qo

resistanze
09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Messi is a better dribbler than Ronaldo, that's not really debatable.

lefty
09-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Alessandro Nesta = Antichrist tbqh :lmao :lmao

ElNono
09-15-2011, 03:01 AM
sMLxM-2I3qo

What's that video supposed to show? :lol

10 mins of backheels that end up in nothing? :lmao

lefty
10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Messi was Godly vs Venezuela

No, wait

Spurologist
10-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Messi = :lmao

ALVAREZ6
10-23-2011, 12:55 AM
lolbarca lolmessi lol

ginobili's bald spot
10-23-2011, 12:35 PM
lololnel Missi

http://i.imgur.com/tD76y.gif

ElNono
10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
lololnel Missi

http://i.imgur.com/tD76y.gif

lefty
10-23-2011, 02:34 PM

Libri
10-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Venti Quattro
10-23-2011, 11:54 PM
lol midget
lol penalty
lol god

lefty
10-25-2011, 01:38 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljrza7UDqU1qf55n8o1_400.gif

DAF86
11-01-2011, 06:42 PM

33 more and he becomes Barca's all time leader in goals.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Estad%C3%ADsticas_del_F%C3%BAtbol_Club_Barce lona#Jugadores_con_m.C3.A1s_goles_en_todas_las_com peticiones_oficiales

velik_m
11-02-2011, 12:44 AM

33 more and he becomes Barca's all time leader in goals.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Estad%C3%ADsticas_del_F%C3%BAtbol_Club_Barce lona#Jugadores_con_m.C3.A1s_goles_en_todas_las_com peticiones_oficiales

So... sometime this season :downspin:

lefty
11-02-2011, 10:05 AM
MESSI = GOD vs shitty teams

We get it

velik_m
11-02-2011, 10:18 AM

We get it

Well, compared to Barca every team is shitty - so yeah, i guess that's true.

DAF86
11-02-2011, 10:23 AM

We get it

Are you saying Madrid is a shitty team? 'Cause Casillas is the guy that Messi scored the most against.

:lol Madrid

it's me
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Are you saying Madrid is a shitty team? 'Cause Casillas is the guy that Messi scored the most against.

lefty
11-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Yes

Madrid is a shitty team

:depressed

DAF86
11-08-2011, 10:24 PM

We get it

RhqlILNlWLU

Crofl

lefty
11-08-2011, 10:27 PM
So?

Nigeria had a shitty team

DAF86
11-08-2011, 10:28 PM
crofl

Venti Quattro
11-08-2011, 11:24 PM
So?

Nigeria had a shitty team

Croflnaldo

lefty
11-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Croflnaldo

Gaynaldlol

Venti Quattro
11-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Lionel Midget :lol

lefty
11-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey!

Im 5'7 too :madrun

Lionel Mini :lol

DAF86
11-09-2011, 07:30 PM
http://www.laaficion.com/sites/laaficion.com/files/imagecache/foto_principal/fotos/story/MESSILOGO1.JPG

lefty
11-09-2011, 09:14 PM
http://fsb.zedge.net/content/6/5/0/2/1-6614395-6502-t.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_b_WGMZ_QG08/TP4forz-ZKI/AAAAAAAAAcE/dZJKAGh32qM/s1600/2.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9dvb4Q9JV_Y/TA-U1bXfnKI/AAAAAAAAAJU/PkfLBRPW8IE/s1600/funny-cristiano-ronaldo-wayne-rooney-415x550.jpghttp://data.whicdn.com/images/4911481/74404_115623491833199_100001566472904_136069_10930 54_n_large.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/3946317725_b80ac80bcf.jpghttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HSy-4Hobwc4/TnuN7cyUnQI/AAAAAAAAAG0/bQHTV3vmpC4/s1600/lionel-messi3.gifhttp://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/85500/messi--85503.jpghttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVMyzu5EWe743w_1Q3UftdF5YHtv7U7 y6918L3HhjKUVa2XYvOUi1oCs6khttp://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/8/12/8e73a0ee-42db-43fb-8e56-65f6f343562e.jpghttp://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh3f2ngi2o1qdzmt6.jpghttp://www.hairstyles99.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mitchel-musso-pictures-01_nc.jpg

mystargtr34
11-10-2011, 03:38 AM

mystargtr34
11-11-2011, 04:51 AM
http://www.hairstyles99.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mitchel-musso-pictures-01_nc.jpg

:lmao who is this?

lefty
11-11-2011, 01:49 PM
:lmao who is this?
:lol I dont know TBH

http://playmyfootball.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/funny-messi-v-columbia-2.jpg

cheguevara
11-14-2011, 03:24 PM

Messi choking vs. Bolivia as usual :lol

yO7xE_KRD8A

lefty
11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
What a faggot :lol

A faggot who destroys my RMA :-(

ElNono
11-15-2011, 01:47 PM
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2098471_2098928,00.html

:lol Steve Jobs
:lol Obama
:lol SEAL Team 6

DAF86
11-15-2011, 02:13 PM
What the fuck is the 99% or the 1%?

velik_m
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2098471_2098928,00.html

:lol Steve Jobs
:lol Obama
:lol SEAL Team 6

Should be Arab Youth tbh

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Don't know if this video was ever posted but I thought it was quite well done

fjD7-371K4g&feature=feedf

lefty
11-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Good video TBH

But I dont see any goal with Argentina for 2010/2011

cheguevara
11-15-2011, 03:17 PM

DAF86
11-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Good video TBH

But I dont see any goal with Argentina for 2010/2011

hASkOlY9fAY
lsFQzEVsjP8
64-6fSMKD64&feature=related
dZwNVvmKR2s
wvxi8iNUvBQ

There you go.

lefty
11-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Ok :D

lefty
11-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Another one today

In your face, Lefty !!!!!

IronMaxipad
11-15-2011, 09:55 PM

DAF86
11-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Here's today's goal

9yb1kzkQpvU

lefty
11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Godly goal

All hail to Messidonna, putas

DAF86
12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
http://estaticos.sport.es/resources/jpg/0/3/1324149081230.jpg

Godly match today. Again delivering on big games.

ElNono
12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/4911481/74404_115623491833199_100001566472904_136069_10930 54_n_large.jpg

DAF86
12-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Carlos Bianchi: "Messi is better than Maradona and Pele"

http://www.canchallena.com/1434158-bianchi-hoy-messi-es-mejor-que-maradona-y-pele#lectores

lefty
12-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Carlos Bianchi: "Messi is better than Maradona and Pele"

http://www.canchallena.com/1434158-bianchi-hoy-messi-es-mejor-que-maradona-y-pele#lectores
This guy is totally irrelevant as a human being

DAF86
12-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Well as a football figure he's very relevant, he beat your beloved galacticos in the club's World cup back in the early 2000's.

Besides I posted it 'cause I was really shocked to hear this, according to diego everybody in Argentina laughs at the Messi/Maradona comparissons.