PDA

View Full Version : Messi=GOD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

DAF86
03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
That's all. If you want to share a comment about the best player in the world please do it here.

resistanze
03-21-2010, 05:19 PM
He took a dump on Zaragoza and was kind enough to give Ibra a free goal. Just another day at the office.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-21-2010, 05:45 PM
-HqjbTTFr3Y

Cabe alguna duda que la razon por la cual no rinde en la seleccion es Maradona??

DAF86
03-21-2010, 05:54 PM
-HqjbTTFr3Y

Cabe alguna duda que la razon por la cual no rinde en la seleccion es Maradona??

That's awesome! Can you find the play he made that ended in the penalty?

DAF86
03-21-2010, 06:15 PM
JPO5czpaQyw

Not the best definition but it's all I can find for now.

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
the problem is weak ass defenders not willing to take him down...fkn scared pussies

DAF86
03-21-2010, 07:29 PM
the problem is weak ass defenders not willing to take him down...fkn scared pussies

They are the same weak ass defenders that defend your boy CR9, why can't he do the same?

Charles Sappa
03-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Porque hablemos en Ingles, si a nadie del foro de San Antonio le interesa un comino Messi y el Futbol o como ellos dicen Soccer.

Messi si gana el mundial con una buena actuacion, como los ultimos 3 partidos contra Valencia, Sttuggart y Zaragoza sera mas grande que Maradona y Pele juntos.

Saludos

DAF86
03-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Porque hablemos en Ingles, si a nadie del foro de San Antonio le interesa un comino Messi y el Futbol o como ellos dicen Soccer.

Messi si gana el mundial con una buena actuacion, como los ultimos 3 partidos contra Valencia, Sttuggart y Zaragoza sera mas grande que Maradona y Pele juntos.

Saludos

No es cierto, resistanze y TDMVPDPOY les gusta discutir sobre futbol y no hablan Español, y doy esos ejemplos no mas por que son los que postearon en este thread, pero hay muchisimos otros miembros que les gusta el futbol y no saben español, los europeos y muchos estadounidenses tambien. Para hablar en español esta el foro internacional.

DAF86
03-21-2010, 09:28 PM
oNxSOeHIr-k

Better quality plus English commentators, although, it doesn't have Messi's play before Barca's penalty.

velik_m
03-22-2010, 12:37 AM
hDKsTnK_h_U

SAtown
03-22-2010, 01:06 AM
si a nadie del foro de San Antonio le interesa un comino Messi y el Futbol o como ellos dicen Soccer.

Como sabes? Si hay algunos mexicanos ke "postean" aki tambien wey. Tal vez no tantos como los pinches Argies que han llegado desde el 2003+ pero si hay...

SAtown
03-22-2010, 01:09 AM
oNxSOeHIr-k

Better quality plus English commentators, although, it doesn't have Messi's play before Barca's penalty.

Ya la verdad, ke pedo con tu avatar? Te gustan las perras o ke pedo? Que asco wey

Charles Sappa
03-22-2010, 06:46 AM
DAF86 lo siento no quise ofender a nadie. Excelente el 2do gol de Messi, espero juegue asi el mundial.

Satown te refieres a mi?

Saludos

lefty
03-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Messi is the best player in the world right now

\No fucking contest.

Plus, he is a class act.

But he is still a piece of shit compared to Pele, Maradona and Zidane

MB20
03-22-2010, 10:26 AM
^^^
Messi doesn´t belong in the same sentence with those you named until he wins something with his NT (being its best player).
But he is not a piece of shit. LOL.

Unfortunately, he has shitty teammates (not all of them) and coach in our NT.

He is playing at a high level right now. Above everybody else in the world TODAY.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Ya la verdad, ke pedo con tu avatar? Te gustan las perras o ke pedo? Que asco wey

Y que onda con tu avatar? Te gustan los jugadores de futbol mediocres y virgenes? Que pinche gay.

resistanze
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
:lol

Charles Sappa
03-22-2010, 04:45 PM
DAF86 no entiendo el Español de Mexico, por ahi esas expresiones no se entiende, pero la muñeca que aparece en mi firma se llama Mariana Davalos. Es una modelo Colombiana, tiene una hermana gemela que tambien es modelo, se llama Camila.

Saludos

DAF86
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
DAF86 no entiendo el Español de Mexico, por ahi esas expresiones no se entiende, pero la muñeca que aparece en mi firma se llama Mariana Davalos. Es una modelo Colombiana, tiene una hermana gemela que tambien es modelo, se llama Camila.

Saludos

Eh??? El comentario anterior mio fue dirigido a SAtown, ya se que la chica de tu firma se llama Mariana Davalos (ya la anduve chequeando en google :eyebrows), muy bueno tu aporte je je.

Brazil
03-22-2010, 05:52 PM

Saludos

keep it easy ! we will compare him to Maradona or Pele or Zidane ... when the guy will be a star during several WCs untill that he is "just" a hell of a player. To enter in the legend you have to show that regularly in the biggest competitions.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
keep it easy ! we will compare him to Maradona or Pele or Zidane ... when the guy will be a star during several WCs untill that he is "just" a hell of a player. To enter in the legend you have to show that regularly in the biggest competitions.

IDK, if he wins just one WC and playing like he's doing right now I think we can already place him alongside the trully greats of this sport.

Charles Sappa
03-22-2010, 06:05 PM

If he wins South Africa 2010 with 2 or 3 fantastics goals equal to that made against Getafe in 2007, will be considered at the level of Maradona. It has only 22 years. I repeat, only if he wins a WC.

scottspurs
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Messi is the Man, no argument here. He could end up being the greatest soccer/futbol player ever.

Brazil
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM
If he wins South Africa 2010 with 2 or 3 fantastics goals equal to that made against Getafe in 2007, will be considered at the level of Maradona. It has only 22 years. I repeat, only if he wins a WC.

I disagree even with that he wouldn't be Maradona, I think you forgot how great Maradona was. Maradona just won almost by himself two Italian championships !

lefty
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM
I disagree even with that he wouldn't be Maradona, I think you forgot how great Maradona was. Maradona just won almost by himself two Italian championships !
This.

And that was during the Great AC Milan era.

MB20
03-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Are people really comparing Messi to Maradona? LOL
They have similar dribbling skills...but he comparison ends there.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Are people really comparing Messi to Maradona? LOL
They have similar dribbling skills...but he comparison ends there.

Why? Messi has done a lot more than Maradona at the age of 22. A lot of coaches and ex-footballers that have seen both play say that Messi is at the same level (some even say Lionel is better). The kid has definitely the talent to be compared to the greats.

lefty
03-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Why? Messi has done a lot more than Maradona at the age of 22. A lot of coaches and ex-footballers that have seen both play say that Messi is at the same level (some even say Lionel is better), I think that to be called the greatest of all time you have to at least win a WC but the kid has definitely the talent to be compared to the greats.
Dribbling past 4-5 guys from an average Liga team is one thing

Dribbling past the whole (ok, almost) England squad during a WC is a zillion notches above

Brazil
03-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Dribbling past 4-5 guys from an average Liga team is one thing

Dribbling past the whole (ok, almost) England squad during a WC is a zillion notches above

this

and once again being the best in the world when you are playing in Italy is a little bit more complicated than in Spain.

BTW I can't believe foreigners are defending Maradona legacy against Argentinan fans.

DAF you're right he is only 22 and he is the most talented player right now. Nevertheless As of today Maradona Pele Zidane Franz Platini Cruyf etc etc are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lionel

lefty
03-22-2010, 11:27 PM
this

and once again being the best in the world when you are playing in Italy is a little bit more complicated than in Spain.

BTW I can't believe foreigners are defending Maradona legacy against Argentinan fans.

DAF you're right he is only 22 and he is the most talented player right now. Nevertheless As of today Maradona Pele Zidane Franz Platini Cruyf etc etc are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lionel
Ok maybe not Platini

He was a great player, I was a bigfan, but Messi is more talented

sonic21
03-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Maradona had better vision, passing, centers, shots. Messi is faster and will probably become a better coach.

sonic21
03-23-2010, 05:33 AM
I still think Xavi or Iniesta are always the better players against elite teams (against manchester and chelsea).

MB20
03-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Too early to tell, actually. Messi is only 22.
A player is "mature" at the age of 25/26.

Brazil
03-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Messi is faster and will probably become a better coach.

:lmao

Brazil
03-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok maybe not Platini

He was a great player, I was a bigfan, but Messi is more talented

You underestimate Platini a lot, the Platini of the Juventus years was just a BEAST, he is for me THE best example untill today of making his team mates better. Everybody looked like a star when playing with him and Messi will never have this quality.

Platini is unique and I think he is generally underestimated. For me Platini > Zidane, ask to a Juventus fan he will tell you.

Don't get me wrong I love Messi he is the best player since 2-3 years, he is for me way better than C. Ronaldo for instance but it is clearly too soon to make this kind of comparaison.

lefty
03-23-2010, 10:47 AM
You underestimate Platini a lot, the Platini of the Juventus years was just a BEAST, he is for me THE best example untill today of making his team mates better. Everybody looked like a star when playing with him and Messi will never have this quality.

Platini is unique and I think he is generally underestimated. For me Platini > Zidane, ask to a Juventus fan he will tell you.

Don't get me wrong I love Messi he is the best player since 2-3 years, he is for me way better than C. Ronaldo for instance but it is clearly too soon to make this kind of comparaison.
Uh, Boniek and Rossi were stars, even without Platini

Dont get me wrong, Platini was a great player

Also ,it's hard to say wether Messi can make his teammates better or not, because he has always been surrounded with talented players.

And of course Juve fans wil tell you Platini is better than Zizou, but that's because Turin won more titles during the Platini era.
But on the field, I'm sorry, Zizou was wayyyy better

And yes, Messi is better than Ronaldo

sonic21
03-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Platini won 3 golden balls in a row in the 80s. It wasn't a weak era.

lefty
03-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Platini won 3 golden balls in a row in the 80s. It wasn't a weak era.
I never said it was a weak era

sonic21
03-23-2010, 11:13 AM
my point is you have to be an all time great to win 3 GB. Maybe you didn't watch the 80s games but he was awesome.

And i agree with Brazil, Platini>zidane

lefty
03-23-2010, 11:15 AM
my point is you have to be an all time great to win 3 GB.
Platini IS an all-time great

But Zidane was better :D

sonic21
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
:nope

lefty
03-23-2010, 11:24 AM
And Zizou mastered the art of koudboul

Platini didn't

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Meh, Ronaldinho was better in his prime

DAF86
03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Meh, Ronaldinho was better in his prime

Ronaldinho's prime was in Barcelona, I'm sure Barcelona's fans will agree that Messi > Ronaldinho.

For the moment Barca's president has said that Messi is already the Catalan's club GOAT.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2901900/Get-ready-to-face-the-greatest.html

DAF86
03-23-2010, 11:58 AM

I hate when people pull "the league A is better than league B" argument. How can you prove that? Henry was a star in the Premier League and since he joined "La Liga" he has underperformanced. C.Ronaldo was undoubtedly the EPL's best player and now he is arguably not even the best player in his squad. Now people are trying to make me bealive that Rooney is better than Messi 'cause he plays in England when last season he wasn't even considered among the best 20 players in the world.

You can make that argument when it's the NBA vs FIBA, when it's an elite FIFA league (Spain, England, Italy) against any other, but when it's "La Liga" vs EPL or "Il Calcio" you can't, specially when the player and team you are trying to discredit have done it in the Champions League also.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 12:05 PM
And my final thoughts about this subject is that I agree with Brazil, Messi is too young to be placed alongside the greats, he needs one WC or two/three more years at this current level, but as far as "peak" goes, Messi is the best that I have ever seen live in my life (the best years of Maradona I've only seen it on tapes, and from Pele I wasn't even to see tapes from him).

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Ronaldinho's prime was in Barcelona, I'm sure Barcelona's fans will agree that Messi > Ronaldinho.

For the moment Barca's president has said that Messi is already the Catalan's club GOAT.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2901900/Get-ready-to-face-the-greatest.html

Talk about premature ejac. Ronaldinho's playmaking ability far exceeds what messi has now, and its not even a contest. The only thing that Messi does better is muscle his way in for goals, and even so I'd say Ronaldinho had a better strike the Messi does. It's too early in Messi's career to compare them fully, but right now Ronaldinho by far, not to take anything about from Messi

sonic21
03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Henry was a star in the Premier League and since he joined "La Liga" he has underperformanced..

henry is past his prime, he wasn't the same the last couple of years with arsenal

C.Ronaldo was undoubtedly the EPL's best player and now he is arguably not even the best player in his squad.

he is.

Now people are trying to make me bealive that Rooney is better than Messi 'cause he plays in England when last season he wasn't even considered among the best 20 players in the world.

he was.

All the main leagues have 2,3 or 4 good teams and a bunch of average teams. Barça is the only elite team in "la liga". Real Madrid lost 6 times in the row before the QF of the CL. Sevilla got beat by a russian team.

The PL is by far the best league.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 12:55 PM
henry is past his prime, he wasn't the same the last couple of years with arsenal

Still a lot better than what he has done in Spain.

he is.

I think so too, but a lot of people will argue that point.

he was.

I can't find the list of "FIFA world best player" from 2009 but I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the top 20, either way he was definitely not in the "team of the year" and now people want to say that he is the best player in the world?

All the main leagues have 2,3 or 4 good teams and a bunch of average teams. Barça is the only elite team in "la liga". Real Madrid lost 6 times in the row before the QF of the CL. Sevilla got beat by a russian team.

If you don't consider Real Madrid elite, then you have to say that Chelsea isn't elite either. And you can't compare last season's RM with this year's RM. This year's team is much better. If Higuain would have aimed his shot half an inch to the left we would all be hearing a different tune right now.

The PL is by far the best league

Based on what? the last UEFA champions is a Spanish team, the current top three players in the world (Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Player_of_the_Year#List_of_male_winners ) are all playing in Spain, Spain is the last Euro champion, england didn't even qualyfied to the tournament.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Talk about premature ejac. Ronaldinho's playmaking ability far exceeds what messi has now, and its not even a contest. The only thing that Messi does better is muscle his way in for goals, and even so I'd say Ronaldinho had a better strike the Messi does. It's too early in Messi's career to compare them fully, but right now Ronaldinho by far, not to take anything about from Messi

How come? did you see some of the highlights posted in this thread? Messi takes the ball in the miedfield of 3/4 of the field and produces a goal out of nothing, if that's not having playmaking abilities I don't know what is.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM

You do realize you are in the extreme minority here. Almost every Barca fan in the world thinks Messi is better than Ronaldinho. How exactly do you explain that?

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
How come? did you see some of the highlights posted in this thread? Messi takes the ball in the miedfield of 3/4 of the field and produces a goal out of nothing, if that's not having playmaking abilities I don't know what is.

actually, you're wrong. That is NOT playmaking. Playmaking is the ability to create for everyone else as well as yourself.

Playmaking ability is not the same as dribbling ability.

Having said that, I disagree with ffaddicted as well. Messi is just as good or even better at playmaking as Ronaldinho was.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 01:21 PM
actually, you're wrong. That is NOT playmaking. Playmaking is the ability to create for everyone else as well as yourself.

I know I'm probably wrong ('cause English isn't my first language) but I think of "playmaking" as the ability to make plays, what do you care about involving others in plays when you by yourself can create one or two goals per game (specially in football where the scoring is limited).

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
I know I'm probably wrong ('cause English isn't my first language) but I think of "playmaking" as the ability to make plays, what do you care about involving others in plays when you by yourself can create one or two goals per game (specially in football where the scoring is limited).

You're confused. They're not the same thing. Ability to dribble is not playmaking ability.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
You're confused. They're not the same thing. Ability to dribble is not playmaking ability.

Ok, thanks for claryfing. But now anwser this:

what do you care about involving others in plays when you by yourself can create one or two goals per game (specially in football where the scoring is limited).

Either way I agree with you, Messi also has playmaking abilities, just go to youtube and watch the videos about his passing.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Ok, thanks for claryfing. But now anwser this:

Either way I agree with you, Messi also has playmaking abilities, just go to youtube and watch the videos about his passing.

oh come on, are you seriously asking that question? What do you care about involving others? When did we start pretending Messi could win every game all by himself? Barca isn't Messi+10 scrubs. Playmaking ability is important. In fact, a good playmaker is ten times as important to a team as a great goal scorer.

DAF86
03-23-2010, 02:33 PM
oh come on, are you seriously asking that question? What do you care about involving others? When did we start pretending Messi could win every game all by himself? Barca isn't Messi+10 scrubs. Playmaking ability is important. In fact, a good playmaker is ten times as important to a team as a great goal scorer.

Nobody wins a game by himslef, but a lot guys can make goals with pretty much no help whatsover and then with good team defense you can win thanks to that goal.

IMO a "defense breaker" is just as important as a "playmaker" nowadays in football. The point of this sport is to score goals (and avoid them in your own goal), in practical terms what do you care if those goals were scored by team play or in an individual effort? granted is usually more easy to score playing as a team but if you have a guy that consistenly shows that can create at least one or two offensive plays per game (and take advantage of them) with little to none help that makes up for the lack team play. (I'm obviously not talking about Barcelona in this particular case)

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd be hard pressed to find a player in this generation with the talent and technique Ronaldinho had, he could create magic out of nothing. He had a better dribble then messi, passes better and had a ridiculously accurate and powerful free kick. His range of skills and moves were unsurpassed, he was just ridiculous, he got the ball anywhere in the pitch and he could string together a scoring opportunity. I just can't say that for Messi right now, at least not in the same level.

Messi is good and his best days are very much still to come, but I can't imagine saying he's already better then a prime Dinho. Talking about him in the same breath as Maradona at this point is a disgrace to his legacy, he hasn't even come close to surpassing guys like Ronaldo yet.

sonic21
03-23-2010, 05:37 PM
i was blessed to see ronnie playing for my favourite team (psg). He could have had a better career but he likes to party at night.

In fact, one of the reason he left barça was because they were afraid he'd have a bad influence on Messi who was following his steps.

Brazil
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Random thoughts:

- I was young but I saw Maradona playing and he is the best player I've seen in my life.
- Lefty I'm sorry but Platini > Zidane.
- No matter what when you are an Offensive guy it is a lot more difficult to play in Italy than in Spain or even in England. The Italian league has the best Defensive players in the world and the best tactical organization.
- IMO Messi is clearly better than Ronaldinho, like Sonic I saw Ronnie playing in France and I'd take Messi over him in a heartbeat.

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Being from brasil, I was blessed to see Ronaldinho's entire career, as well as being exposed to tons of different talents... I would not take Messi over him yet... other then that, agree with all Brazil's points

lefty
03-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Random thoughts:

- I was young but I saw Maradona playing and he is the best player I've seen in my life.
- Lefty I'm sorry but Platini > Zidane.
- No matter what when you are an Offensive guy it is a lot more difficult to play in Italy than in Spain or even in England. The Italian league has the best Defensive players in the world and the best tactical organization.
- IMO Messi is clearly better than Ronaldinho, like Sonic I saw Ronnie playing in France and I'd take Messi over him in a heartbeat.
But how exactly?

Brazil
03-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Being from brasil, I was blessed to see Ronaldinho's entire career, as well as being exposed to tons of different talents... I would not take Messi over him yet... other then that, agree with all Brazil's points

:toast

Where do you live ? I'm french and I'm living in Campinas since 2005, my contract will expire end of 2010. :depressed

Brazil
03-24-2010, 09:24 AM
But how exactly?

First of all France has been blessed for having 2 out of 3 best number 10 in history.

Platini was a natural leader since he begun in Nancy, at 20 years old he was already the go to go guy, the technical, tactical leader and the coach. Zidane has accepted his leadership responsabilities later, the boss in 98 was Deschamps idem in 2000.

Platini was more decisive offensively. He had the capacity to take over games, Zidane was capable too but not at this level and this consistency.

Regarding the vision of the game, giving the right guy at the right moment the opportunity to finalize it's a tossup but I'll give a slight advantage to Platini: he had eyes on his back.

Finally for the clutch part, I'd go with Zidane for his two finalizations in WC final but also his finalization of the champions league final (2002).

What definately close the debate for me is self control, Zidane has always had craziness moments see WC 2006 or the game against South Africa in 98. Platini has never had this kind of loss of control.

sonic21
03-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Palmarès:

* Champion d'Europe des nations : 1984, avec la France A
* Deux demi-finales de Coupe du monde (4e 1982; 3e 1986)
* Quart de finaliste aux Jeux Olympiques de 1976
* Coupe intercontinentale des nations (trophée Artemio Franchi): 1985, avec la France A
* Coupe d'Europe des clubs champions : 1985, avec la Juventus
* Coupe d'Europe des vainqueurs de coupes : 1984, avec la Juventus
* Coupe intercontinentale : 1985, avec la Juventus
* Supercoupe d'Europe : 1984, avec la Juventus
* Champion de France : 1981, avec Saint-Étienne
* Champion d'Italie : 1984 et 1986 avec la Juventus
* Coupe de France : 1978, avec AS Nancy (et deux finales perdues avec Saint-Etienne)
* Coupe d'Italie : 1983, avec la Juventus
* Mundialito des Clubs : 1983 avec la Juventus
* Champion de France de division 2 : 1975 avec l'AS Nancy

Distinctions individuelles

* Champion des champions français L'Equipe en 1977 et 1984
* Ballon d'or: 1983, 1984 et 1985
* Onze d'or: 1983, 1984 et 1985
* Onze d'argent: 1977
* Meilleur joueur du championnat d'Europe 1984
* Meilleur buteur du championnat d'Europe 1984 (9 réalisations)
* Meilleur joueur de la coupe intercontinentale 1985
* Meilleur buteur du championnat d'Italie: 1983, 1984 et 1985
* Meilleur joueur du championnat d'Italie Guerin: 1984
* Joueur français de l'année: 1976 et 1977
* World Soccer awards: 1984 et 1985
* Chevron awards: 1983 et 1985 (ratio buts/match)
* Trophée d'argent du Centenaire de la League anglaise (meilleur joueur)
* Entraîneur mondial de l'année World Soccer awards: 1991
* Entraîneur européen de l'année El Pais
* Prix Artémio Franchi: 2003
* Nommé au FIFA 100 (Top 100 des meilleurs joueurs vivants de tous les temps) : 2004
* Légion d'Honneur

Statistiques

* 72 sélections en équipe de France A (capitaine à cinquante reprises), pour 41 buts entre 1976 et 1987 (record d'autant plus remarquable qu'il jouait au milieu de terrain)
* 104 buts toutes compétitions confondues avec la Juventus, record français de 1987 à 2005
* 28 buts en coupes d'Europe de clubs
* 52 matchs de coupes d'Europe de clubs
* Sélection du siècle FIFA 1998
* Joueur du siècle de la Juventus FC
* Joueur français du siècle L'Equipe 2000

Brazil
03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Palmarès:

* Meilleur buteur du championnat d'Italie: 1983, 1984 et 1985

* 72 sélections en équipe de France A (capitaine à cinquante reprises), pour 41 buts entre 1976 et 1987 (record d'autant plus remarquable qu'il jouait au milieu de terrain)
* 104 buts toutes compétitions confondues avec la Juventus, record français de 1987 à 2005
* 28 buts en coupes d'Europe de clubs

This is the most impressive and this is the main reason why Platini > Zidane. Platini is midfield number 10 and he was one of the best scorer of his era.

lefty
03-24-2010, 11:01 AM
This is the most impressive and this is the main reason why Platini > Zidane. Platini is midfield number 10 and he was one of the best scorer of his era.
Except that Zidane won the WC
Except that Zidane led France to the Euro Cup 2 years after winning the WC

lefty
03-24-2010, 11:09 AM
First of all France has been blessed for having 2 out of 3 best number 10 in history.

Platini was a natural leader since he begun in Nancy, at 20 years old he was already the go to go guy, the technical, tactical leader and the coach. Zidane has accepted his leadership responsabilities later, the boss in 98 was Deschamps idem in 2000..

I agree

Platini was more decisive offensively. He had the capacity to take over games, Zidane was capable too but not at this level and this consistency.

Regarding the vision of the game, giving the right guy at the right moment the opportunity to finalize it's a tossup but I'll give a slight advantage to Platini: he had eyes on his back.

Zidane was more of playmaker than Platini; he was an occasional scorer, but his goals were timely.
Platini was a great scorer with great playmaking abilities

Regarding the vision: slight advantage to Zizou; just look at EDF matches without Zizou: Henry and Trezegol go AWOL
If it wasn't for Zizou as a lance-missile....

But again, hard to compare because they set up their teammates in different manners; Platini would set up his temmates with great long passes, while Zidane would get rid of 2 defendes with a roulette and have 2 open teammates on a 2 on 1 situation

Finally for the clutch part, I'd go with Zidane for his two finalizations in WC final but also his finalization of the champions league final (2002).
Yep

What definately close the debate for me is self control, Zidane has always had craziness moments see WC 2006 or the game against South Africa in 98. Platini has never had this kind of loss of control.
No debate

But Zidane has Algerian blood; we are a bunch of psychos :lol

And when it came to dribbling abilities, it's safe to say that Zizou was better

sonic21
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Except that Zidane won the WC

so did guivarch. :stirpot:

Except that Zidane led France to the Euro Cup 2 years after winning the WC

according to the fifa, henry was the best player.

:stirpot:

lefty
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
so did guivarch. :stirpot:

Damn :bang

according to the fifa, henry was the best player.

It's FIFA; it's like trusting the NBA

Phenomanul
03-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Messi is poised to have the same type of World Cup run that Maradona had in 1986...

-the National team struggles during the CONMEBOL preliminaries... barely makes the World Cup... only to win it all because its star player, is playing quasar-level ball, and peaking at just the right time... Messi is that good.

IMO Messi has a million times more class than Maradona though... he is by far the humbler player even though he is the planet's best player today... and for being a top 5 player during the last 5 years...

ffadicted
03-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Messi is poised to have the same type of World Cup run that Maradona had in 1986...

-the National team struggles during the CONMEBOL preliminaries... barely makes the World Cup... only to win it all because its star player, is playing quasar-level ball, and peaking at just the right time... Messi is that good.

IMO Messi has a million times more class than Maradona though... he is by far the humbler player even though he is the planet's best player today... and for being a top 5 player during the last 5 years...

Dude, Argentina isn't going anywhere in the world cup, and Messi kinda sucked in qualifiers

:toast

Where do you live ? I'm french and I'm living in Campinas since 2005, my contract will expire end of 2010. :depressed

I'm living in Canada now :depressed

Born and raised in Rio de Janeiro though, proud Tricolor Carioca :king Moved couple years ago. I wanna go back hoooome haha

Phenomanul
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Dude, Argentina isn't going anywhere in the world cup, and Messi kinda sucked in qualifiers

That's what they said about Argentina before the '86 World Cup.... and then they won the tournament.

lefty
03-24-2010, 02:35 PM

I'm living in Canada now :depressed

Born and raised in Rio de Janeiro though, proud Tricolor Carioca :king Moved couple years ago. I wanna go back hoooome haha
Where are you in Canada?

Brazil
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
That's what they said about Argentina before the '86 World Cup.... and then they won the tournament.

I'm sorry but I cannot imagine Argentina winning with Maradona as a coach. If your team has a coach like Maradona or Domenech your only hope is: a great player to take over the team by himself (see Zidane in 2006 or Platini in 84 or Dunga in 94...). Messi is not yet this kind of player too young to overcome a poor coach and to take the leadership of a whole team.

I hope I'm wrong as I said earlier after France I will root for Argentina !

Brazil
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Where are you in Canada?

Canada sucks too cold ! Brazil rocks too hot !

TDMVPDPOY
03-24-2010, 05:02 PM
comparing ronaldinho to messi? one player looks like on the downside of his career while the other is peaking into his career....

how long was ronaldinhos prime or peak seasons compared to messi?

lefty
03-24-2010, 05:41 PM
I ve been to Brazil and I wasnt impressed

DAF86
03-24-2010, 06:15 PM

Like Phenomanul said: Argentina wasn't expected to win it all in '86 either and Maradona sucked on those qualifiers too. That's why I still have a little faith on this team, too many coincidences, plus the fact that in the World Cups very rarely the teams that enter the tournament as favourites end up winning it all, in the WCs the teams that do well are those with history but that weren't seen as contenders at the beggining of the event (Italy, France and Germany in 2006, Brazil and Germany in 2002, Argentina in 1986, Argentina in 1990, etc.)

DAF86
03-24-2010, 06:19 PM

I hate places where the wheather is too hot. Like Pink Floyd, I wouldn't change a cool breeze for hot air.

ffadicted
03-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah I guess that's what they said about Brasil in 2002 as well. IDK though, I just don't feel it, obviously we'll have to wait at least until the group stage matches are done to get a feel of where teams are going.

I live in New Brunswick canada, and I agree canada sucks too cold lol... I want my 30 degree winters back.

@ lefty: where did you go/time of the year

lefty
03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah I guess that's what they said about Brasil in 2002 as well. IDK though, I just don't feel it, obviously we'll have to wait at least until the group stage matches are done to get a feel of where teams are going.

I live in New Brunswick canada, and I agree canada sucks too cold lol... I want my 30 degree winters back.

@ lefty: where did you go/time of the year
I live in Montreal

It's usually freezing in winter, but this year it has been very mild

But I dont care, Montreal is an amazing city :tu

And I`m used to living near the beach; I'm Algerian and lived in Algeria, Morocco, Turkey, France

But New Brunswick sucks ass, I feel your pain

By the way, the Lakers-Spurs game in on TheScore tonight

DAF86
04-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Bump worthy, imho.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-06-2010, 02:36 PM
3 goals in about 20 minutes... the man is not of this world

admiralfats
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
pretty unbelievable. poor arsenal.

Libri
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
La Pulga es un gigante.

resistanze
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
You know that feeling you get when you're at a buffet on someone else's dime? That's how Messi feels looking at Arsenal's D.

DAF86
04-06-2010, 03:33 PM
0jm7-Yiaefk

MaNuMaNiAc
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
4 goals in one champions league game...

DAF86
04-06-2010, 03:39 PM
With these 4 goals Messi tied Rivaldo as Barca's top scorer ever in the Champions League... at age 22.

admiralfats
04-06-2010, 03:39 PM
he went between the keeper's legs on that last one. 5 holed him.

DAF86
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
10 reasons why Messi's the world's greatest player

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/7523132/Lionel-Messi-10-reasons-why-hes-the-worlds-greatest-player.html

kuato
04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Como sabes? Si hay algunos mexicanos ke "postean" aki tambien wey. Tal vez no tantos como los pinches Argies que han llegado desde el 2003+ pero si hay...

Que raro un mexicano amargado insultando en un video sobre un argentino ! , la envidia hace muy mal !!!:hat

Muser
04-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Messi is the best player in the world right now

\No fucking contest.

Plus, he is a class act.

But he is still a piece of shit compared to Pele, Maradona and Zidane

:lol putting the fat cheating fuck Maradona in the same sentence as those two.

Phenomanul
04-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Que raro un mexicano amargado insultando en un video sobre un argentino ! , la envidia hace muy mal !!!:hat

Tampoco generalices...

Yo soy México-Americano y me fascina el juego de Messi... más que nada admiro su humildad, a pesar de ser el mejor jugador del mundo... él juega dentro del esquema y planteamiento de su equipo... le hecha muchas ganas, peléa por cada balón, y regresa a cobertura defensiva... es el jugador ideal...

Johnny RIngo
04-07-2010, 01:12 PM
With these 4 goals Messi tied Rivaldo as Barca's top scorer ever in the Champions League... at age 22.

How much does he need to get the all-time record in the Champion's League? I remember Raul and Nistelrooy being at the top.

resistanze
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
How much does he need to get the all-time record in the Champion's League? I remember Raul and Nistelrooy being at the top.

Messi needs a bunch more, like over 40 to catch Raul. Luckily he's only 22.

DAF86
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
tampoco generalices...

+ 100000000000000000000000000000 Bien dicho! :tu

kuato
04-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Tampoco generalices...

Yo soy México-Americano y me fascina el juego de Messi... más que nada admiro su humildad, a pesar de ser el mejor jugador del mundo... él juega dentro del esquema y planteamiento de su equipo... le hecha muchas ganas, peléa por cada balón, y regresa a cobertura defensiva... es el jugador ideal...

No generalicé, nunca dije "los mexicanos", dije "un" mexicano, siempre hay alguno que tiene algo que decir en los videos de youtube que se refieren al futbol y a argentinos, es un echo científico jajaja.

DAF86
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
:lol putting the fat cheating fuck Maradona in the same sentence as those two.

WTF? :lol I'm a huge Zidane fan but Maradona was clearly better than him. I don't know about Pele 'cause I never saw him play (not even on tapes).

You can dislike Maradona for many reasons (his coaching for example :lol) but you can't discredit his football talent.

Muser
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
WTF? :lol I'm a huge Zidane fan but Maradona was clearly better than him. I don't know about Pele 'cause I never saw him play (not even on tapes).

You can dislike Maradona for many reasons (his coaching for example :lol) but you can't discredit his football talent.

I was referring to Maradona being called a class act. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
I was referring to Maradona being called a class act. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

whoever refered to Maradona as a class act? dude is an ignorant piece of crap, always has been. The worst role model you could ask for, we argies have it.

DAF86
04-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Well I agree on that one, but I don't think Lefty was reffering of Maradona as a class act.

DAF86
04-07-2010, 06:00 PM
L3OGBedRDnE

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
dunno about you guys gloating over one performance, lets just see how he does in the wc b4 we brand him the best over, his had a good run over the last 2-3 seasons, WC is where he needs to seperate himself to the rooney, kaka, ronaldo, ribery whoever else....

im certain the later names shouldnt be a threat to him since they dont have good squads..

DAF86
04-07-2010, 06:12 PM
dunno about you guys gloating over one performance, lets just see how he does in the wc b4 we brand him the best over, his had a good run over the last 2-3 seasons, WC is where he needs to seperate himself to the rooney, kaka, ronaldo, ribery whoever else....

im certain the later names shouldnt be a threat to him since they dont have good squads..

lol Wut?

Brazil
04-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Impressive performance ! Now what he has to do is showing his talent with Argentina squad.

Libri
04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Only six players have scored four goals in a Champions League game, Messi, Shevchenko, van Nistelrooy, van Basten, Prso, S. Inzaghi.

DAF86
04-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Nash knows what's up... specially in terms of beer. :lol

http://twitter.com/the_real_nash/status/11715022759

DAF86
04-09-2010, 04:30 AM
iFf4fXAryiE

A compilation of almost all the times that Messi touched the ball during the game against Arsenal.

DAF86
04-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I have nothing against Cristiano, he's an awsome player but this vid is just too funny :lmao

MD-FB-BXBGA

DAF86
04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Messi's compilation vs Zaragoza (worth watching because of Messi and the music)

2lBHtzrzsdc&feature=related

DAF86
04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Pele to Messi "You won't ever be a legend untill you score 1.000 goals"

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/pele-dice-messi-seras-leyenda/dasftb/20100412dasdasftb_54/Tes

:lol What an envious little bitch. It isn't the first time he has made a comment like this. I don't know where the misconception of him beign a class act came from, he's like Ferguson.

Also lol at those phantom 1000 goals, I bet he even counted the ones he made playing in the beach with his friends to get to that number.

DAF86
04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Messi vs Madrid (you'll enjoy the vid a lot more if you just mute it)

H1fB7GcQcSs

DAF86
05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
9tZxBjyIrLA

Champion and top scorer in the history of the league for a season (matching Brazilian's Ronaldo mark of 47 in 1996/97 the difference is that during that time the Spanish league had 22 teams in the first division so the tournament had 4 more matches)

DAF86
05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
iPD2F7FaXhk

Messi vs Valladolid, some good stuff.

lefty
05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Pele to Messi "You won't ever be a legend untill you score 1.000 goals"

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/pele-dice-messi-seras-leyenda/dasftb/20100412dasdasftb_54/Tes

:lol What an envious little bitch. It isn't the first time he has made a comment like this. I don't know where the misconception of him beign a class act came from, he's like Ferguson.

Also lol at those phantom 1000 goals, I bet he even counted the ones he made playing in the beach with his friends to get to that number.

Why would he be envious?

He was 10 times the player Messi is

DAF86
05-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Why would he be envious?

He was 10 times the player Messi is

Because Messi is playing now and a lot of people is already saying that Lionel will be the best ever, beside this isn't the first time that Pele takes a shot at a good player from the present, everytime that a rising star is starting to gain some pub, this insecure grandpa has to say something bad about that player. Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and now Messi have all been blanks of Pele's criticism at some point or another, and I'm surely forgetting some other players.

DAF86
05-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Also: I'm sure you have seen Pele play for a lot of years to claim with such certainty that he is ten times better than Messi.

lefty
05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Also: I'm sure you have seen Pele play for a lot of years to claim with such certainty that he is ten times better than Messi.
My father watched Pele play

Messi is his favorite player right now, but all time is Pele

MaNuMaNiAc
05-17-2010, 03:05 PM
My father watched Pele play

Messi is his favorite player right now, but all time is Pele

Pele may well be the best of all time up 'till now (debatable), but there's bound to be a better player at some point. All this however, doesn't change the fact that Pele is an insecure, classless prick. Shit, even Maradona is quicker to give credit where credit is due, and that's just pathetic.

lefty
05-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Pele may well be the best of all time up 'till now (debatable), but there's bound to be a better player at some point. All this however, doesn't change the fact that Pele is an insecure, classless prick. Shit, even Maradona is quicker to give credit where credit is due, and that's just pathetic.
What's lame is all those articles or people saying that Messi can potentially become the best ever

What the hell does that mean. it doesnt make any sense

How can you compare their careers at this point?

Wait until the end of his career, dude is only 23

MaNuMaNiAc
05-17-2010, 04:04 PM
What's lame is all those articles or people saying that Messi can potentially become the best ever

What the hell does that mean. it doesnt make any sense

How can you compare their careers at this point?

Wait until the end of his career, dude is only 23

well its not like he's not making a case for himself, now is it? What other 23 year old do you know of that has accomplished as much as Messi? None

besides, this shit happens in every sport. Everyone is looking for their next "best of all time". What the fuck do you think LeBron is? At least Messi has won enough to make it plausible.

cheguevara
05-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Argentines, please try to take Messi's cock out of your mouth before you post

dude hasn't proven jackshit in World Cup, where it matters

sonic21
05-18-2010, 01:25 PM
spanish teams and arsenal have weak defenders.

lefty
05-18-2010, 02:00 PM

This. :D

DAF86
05-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Argentines, please try to take Messi's cock out of your mouth before you post

dude hasn't proven jackshit in World Cup, where it matters

As you have proven to know nothing about football I feel obligated to teach you that Messi only played one WC at age 18 and as a reserve, how much do you want him to do under those circumstances?

A little fact that I'm sure you ignore: Argentina has 4 goals in its favour and 0 against them in WC matches when Messi is on the pitch.

Messi: one goal in less than 2 matches (if you count the total minutes) of action in the 2006 WC.

Ronaldo: one goal (penalty kick) in 7 games in the 2006 WC.

DAF86
05-18-2010, 09:55 PM

And Bayern Munich, and Manchester United, and Chelsea, and Estudiantes, etc.

cheguevara
05-19-2010, 09:46 AM
As you have proven to know nothing about football I feel obligated to teach you that Messi only played one WC at age 18 and as a reserve, how much do you want him to do under those circumstances?

A little fact that I'm sure you ignore: Argentina has 4 goals in its favour and 0 against them in WC matches when Messi is on the pitch.

Messi: one goal in less than 2 matches (if you count the total minutes) of action in the 2006 WC.

thanks for agreeing with me. As of right now he hasn't proven shit so stop saying he will be the best ever or he is god :rolleyes

if he has a great world cup then I will tend to agree with you more, but in all likelihood, he won't

lefty
05-19-2010, 09:58 AM

Pele won a WC at 17

And he was responsible for it

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I see all the videos with Messi vs. Valladolid, vs. Zaragoza, vs. Arsenal... But where was he against Inter??? Was he hiding against them??

nkdlunch
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
I see all the videos with Messi vs. Valladolid, vs. Zaragoza, vs. Arsenal... But where was he against Inter??? Was he hiding against them??

pretty much. just as he was hiding vs. Ecuador and Bolivia

DAF86
05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks for agreeing with me. As of right now he hasn't proven shit so stop saying he will be the best ever or he is god :rolleyes

if he has a great world cup then I will tend to agree with you more, but in all likelihood, he won't

Who said that Messi will be the best ever? And that God thing is just a title, I don't even bealive in God. If you want, I can ask Kori or timvp to change it to "Messi=FlyingSpaghettiMonster".

DAF86
05-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Pele won a WC at 17

And he was responsible for it

So? Different players, different teams, different coaches and specially different eras. Now it's a lot difficult for a manager to go with a teeneger as a starter. Regardless, Messi should have been a starter in '06, Pekerman left him out 'cause he's almost as dumb as Maradona.

DAF86
05-19-2010, 04:23 PM

No, he just didn't have a good game.

DAF86
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
pretty much. just as he was hiding vs. Ecuador and Bolivia

That's all Maradona. Forwards can't do much when your coach plans games to have 20% of ball possesion.

cheguevara
05-20-2010, 02:18 PM
That's all Maradona. Forwards can't do much when your coach plans games to have 20% of ball possesion.

So when argetina wins it's because of messi and when they lose because of maradona. got it :downspin:

lefty
05-20-2010, 02:22 PM
So when argetina wins it's because of messi and when they lose because of maradona. got it :downspin:
They also won the 86 WC despite Maradonna

sonic21
05-20-2010, 02:40 PM
They also won the 86 WC despite Maradonna

and thanks to platini injury.

:downspin:

lefty
05-20-2010, 02:45 PM

Ah yes the great Platini

DAF86
05-20-2010, 07:12 PM

When did I say that? damn you suck at this of arguing, or maybe you're just a troll, I really can't tell.

DAF86
05-20-2010, 07:12 PM

lol Platini

kace
05-21-2010, 05:08 AM
lol Platini

WTF ?

do you always need to denigrate other stars to make the argentines ones look good ?

Platini was an amazing player, easily in the same category as Pelé, Maradona, Cruijff, Beckebauer.

DAF86
05-21-2010, 08:44 AM
WTF ?

do you always need to denigrate other stars to make the argentines ones look good ?

Platini was an amazing player, easily in the same category as Pelé, Maradona, Cruijff, Beckebauer.

lol trolled

P/S: You have been here long enough, you should know by now.

cheguevara
05-21-2010, 10:08 AM
When did I say that? damn you suck at this of arguing, or maybe you're just a troll, I really can't tell.

lol trolled

cheguevara
05-21-2010, 10:10 AM
lol the best in the world losing to Ecuador and Bolivia

DAF86
05-21-2010, 10:40 AM
lol the best in the world losing to Ecuador and Bolivia

Argentina isn't the best in the world, Spain is.

cheguevara
05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Argentina isn't the best in the world, Spain is.

talking about Messi

DAF86
05-21-2010, 11:34 AM
talking about Messi

I know, that answer was my way of saying: individuals don't lose against teams, teams lose against teams.

kace
05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
lol trolled

P/S: You have been here long enough, you should know by now.

oops :lol

cheguevara
05-21-2010, 01:16 PM
I know, that answer was my way of saying: individuals don't lose against teams, teams lose against teams.

when Cavaliers lose, it's lebron's fault

when Lakers lose, it's Kobe's fault

when the chicago bulls used to lose, it was MJ's fault

if you gonna put Messi in that pedestal, then you should put the blame on him when his team loses. Otherwise you're just contradicting yourself.

mabrignani
05-21-2010, 01:45 PM
messi = garbage...couldnt do shit again a real team like INTERNAZIONALE! he was on his ass the whole game

Aguero will score more goals than messi this WC
DiNatale will as well

DAF86
05-21-2010, 07:04 PM
when Cavaliers lose, it's lebron's fault

when Lakers lose, it's Kobe's fault

when the chicago bulls used to lose, it was MJ's fault

if you gonna put Messi in that pedestal, then you should put the blame on him when his team loses. Otherwise you're just contradicting yourself.

No, it's not. It's the entire team's fault. You are telling me that it was Lebron's fault that the Cavs lost to the Magic last season when he averaged something like 40 pts, 10 assts, and 10 rbds on 50% shooting.

DAF86
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
messi = garbage...couldnt do shit again a real team like INTERNAZIONALE! he was on his ass the whole game

Aguero will score more goals than messi this WC
DiNatale will as well

Aguero will barely play.

SAtown
05-21-2010, 08:14 PM
lol Barca

MB20
05-21-2010, 08:21 PM

Messi had problems when he was defended by south american players.
It happened in the qualifying games for the WC.
And it happened against Inter.

ffadicted
05-21-2010, 10:06 PM
lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

lol Barca

DAF86
05-22-2010, 05:41 AM
lol loling the best team in the world.

mabrignani
05-25-2010, 12:19 AM
lol Barca

you have slovenia and paraguay making it over italy in your bracket??? you are crazy

but yes lol barca hahaha
yeah right they are the best team in the world they got beat by the best team in the world INTER

lefty
05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs309.snc3/29070_120460617992882_100000868323183_108263_79960 18_n.jpg

The_Worlds_finest
05-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Fuck Argentina,

Fuck Maradona,
Fuck his stupid cheating ass, your bitch ass coach-hero is a fraud, coke head. Fuck Messi,
your team wont do shit this year, you should just hope it wont be like 2002 where your crap team came out favorites and failed to get to the knock out stage. You pretentious douchenags are worse than England.
http://aslcdn.celebuzz.com/images/colinmaradona.jpg
http://www.tumspor.com/photos-inner/284987529.jpghttp://www.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/04/maradona-hand-of-god.jpg

Muser
05-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Fuck Argentina

Fuck Maradona,

Fuck his stupid cheating ass, your bitch ass coach-hero is a fraud, coke head. Fuck Messi,
your team wont do shit this year, you should just hope it wont be like 2002 where your crap team came out favorites and failed to get to the knock out stage. You pretentious douchenags are worse than England.

http://aslcdn.celebuzz.com/images/colinmaradona.jpg

http://www.tumspor.com/photos-inner/284987529.jpghttp://www.worldcupblog.org/files/2010/04/maradona-hand-of-god.jpg

Cheating Douchebag.

DAF86
05-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Cheating Douchebag.

Same as Owen.

DAF86
06-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Great first fucking game! :toast

DAF86
06-12-2010, 01:02 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs309.snc3/29070_120460617992882_100000868323183_108263_79960 18_n.jpg

lol, How did I miss those before?

DAF86
06-12-2010, 08:44 PM
bikLLydrSg4

"Como joga bola"

ElNono
06-13-2010, 11:32 AM
http://bucket.ak.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/fotos/34/1218034.jpg

ElNono
06-13-2010, 11:34 AM
TBH, after watching all the games so far, it's pretty fucking amazing how easily he goes around 2 or 3 players in a row. Comparing him to a Playstation player looks spot on.
We'll see when he plays against a tougher team that actually marks him man to man, but he's been delightful to watch on that first game.

DAF86
06-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Best player of the tournament so far, imho.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 04:13 PM

ur kidding right? maybe the homers sports analysts and commentators should take their glasses off and there is plenty of players still playin in the WC

sonic21
06-17-2010, 04:23 PM

:rolleyes

DAF86
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
ur kidding right? maybe the homers sports analysts and commentators should take their glasses off and there is plenty of players still playin in the WC

Yes, so? I said so far, he was the best player for Argentina in both games, tell me of a player that has played better than Messi 'till now.

DAF86
06-17-2010, 04:24 PM
:rolleyes

lol France

sonic21
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM
lol France

true

DAF86
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Did you see Messi playing ala Xavi today?

DAF86
06-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Still waiting for you to tell me who has played better than Messi so far.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 05:03 PM

i give u opinion when most of the teams games 2s are already played...

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 05:07 PM
hey how come riq wasnt selected for the team? was he injured?

i see aimer on the roster, but he has been shit for last couple of years...

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 05:07 PM

MosesGuthrie
06-17-2010, 05:09 PM
I thought in Argentina, Maradona was God...or was that just his hand? :)

ffadicted
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM

I'll tell you tomorrow after I see Lahm play again

DAF86
06-17-2010, 05:11 PM
i give u opinion when most of the teams games 2s are already played...

OK, but by that time my "so far" comment won't count.

So far Higuain is the top scorer of the WC, if Rooney makes four goals tomorrow, it doesn't mean that I lied or I was wrong about the comment I made.

DAF86
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM

Aimar isn't on the roster.

Riquelme isn't in the roster 'cause he had a fight with Maradona, I thank God for that.

DAF86
06-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I'll tell you tomorrow after I see Lahm play again

Ozil was the best German player in the first match, imho. In fact, I think he's the second or third best performer of the WC so far, Behind Messi and Forlan.

ffadicted
06-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Ozil was the best German player in the first match, imho. In fact, I think he's the second or third best performer of the WC so far, Behind Messi and Forlan.

I respectfully disagree about the best German player, I thought Lahm played a formidable game and was the best player on the pitch, whether he was setting up the attack or locking down on defense. I havn't seen either of Uruguay's games, so I can't say much about Forlan.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 06:54 PM
this is what i dont get with or without messi, tevez still gets his touches the way he plays...fkn rooney should be playin like that..fck the rest of englands squad for not passing or lookin for him...

so much for the hype in nike advertisements./.

SAtown
06-17-2010, 06:59 PM
:lol I think God would've scored in the World Cup already, especially if He'd played against Nigeria and South Korea. But I guess it's easy to score against the shitty La Liga teams, which make up about 90% of the league, huh?

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2010, 07:08 PM
lol at the media already claimin messi is the greatest of his generation, but he hasnt put a foot on the international stage yet....same can be said for rooney, ronaldo, kaka who want to distance themselves from each other whoever is the best out of them...

kaka is having a quite ride so far, but he still needs to assert himself more with the ball then allowing that clown robinho gettin all the spotlight

DAF86
06-17-2010, 07:39 PM
:lol I think God would've scored in the World Cup already, especially if He'd played against Nigeria and South Korea. But I guess it's easy to score against the shitty La Liga teams, which make up about 90% of the league, huh?

Dude, you have Kaka in your sig, enough said.

SAtown
06-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Dude, you have Kaka in your sig, enough said.

Do I suck Milan's cock whenever I get a chance? Did I do that in 2007? Have I ever made a thread saying Kaka is the equivalent to an omnipotent being?

You make so many pointless posts/threads claiming Messi/Barca/Spain are the best in fucking history. And just because you are a little Argie, it really doesn't make a difference in your credibility in the ridiculous shit you post.

Please, don't compare yourself to me.

OrEmuN
06-17-2010, 08:27 PM
I respectfully disagree about the best German player, I thought Lahm played a formidable game and was the best player on the pitch, whether he was setting up the attack or locking down on defense. I havn't seen either of Uruguay's games, so I can't say much about Forlan.

Ozil looks really good in that match. Lahm played well too but not as dominant as Ozil. In any case, its only against Aussie. We will get a better picture of how strong Germany is after the match against Serbia.

I thought Messi looked good so far and I am not sure if that merits him being the best player so far but I am sure that he could do better, given his performance for Barca.

SAtown
06-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes, so? I said so far, he was the best player for Argentina in both games, tell me of a player that has played better than Messi 'till now.

Hey look, it doesn't matter because "The team that plays the most beautiful football doesn't always win" :lmao

DAF86
06-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Do I suck Milan's cock whenever I get a chance? Did I do that in 2007? Have I ever made a thread saying Kaka is the equivalent to an omnipotent being?

You make so many pointless posts/threads claiming Messi/Barca/Spain are the best in fucking history. And just because you are a little Argie, it really doesn't make a difference in your credibility in the ridiculous shit you post.

Please, don't compare yourself to me.

Sorry, I didn't know that making a thread about your favorite player in a sports forum was a cause of butthurdness for other people. I guess you hate all the threads in the Spurs forum that praise Tim, Tony and Manu too.

And who the fuck was comparing me to you? I would never compare myself to a bitter little person that gets butthurt about other people's happiness, you must have a pretty shitty, pathetic life if you get mad about a guy complimenting a football player on the internet. If you think my posts/threads are so pointless please don't ever answer them again, I don't give a fuck either way.

P/S: Yeah, thinking Spain is the best NT in the world it's clearly a homer pick by a little Argie.

SAtown
06-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry, I didn't know that making a thread about your favorite player in a sports forum was a cause of butthurdness for other people. I guess you hate all the threads in the Spurs forum that praise Tim, Tony and Manu too.

And who the fuck was comparing me to you? I would never compare myself to a bitter little person that gets butthurt about other people's happiness, you must have a pretty shitty, pathetic life if you get mad about a guy complimenting a football player on the internet. If you think my posts/threads are so pointless please don't ever answer them again, I don't give a fuck either way.

P/S: Yeah, thinking Spain is the best NT in the world it's clearly a homer pick by a little Argie.

I guess the only "butthurt" here is you. Cheer up, argie, because everyone that reads this forum feels the exact fucking way.

SAtown
06-17-2010, 08:53 PM
lol being butthurt I have a Kaka av instead of a Messi one. LOL

DAF86
06-17-2010, 09:11 PM
lol being butthurt I have a Kaka av instead of a Messi one. LOL

Kaka can't cause butthurt to anybody, he's a fucking virgin.

urunobili
06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
lol at any poster not praying to the new God... Not only he is far in a level above everybody + he is along with Manu Ginobili the humblest Argentinean superstar :tu

can someone please tell me what was the last time a player scored 4 on an elimination round of the champions league before Messi?

ElNono
06-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm glad he's Argentine. I think this is better left to be analyzed once the World Cup is over.

hater
06-18-2010, 01:13 PM
fuk that gimme Diego Forlan

urunobili
06-18-2010, 01:13 PM
fuk that. gimme Diego Forlan

:lol hater welcome aboard :tu

hater
06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
:lol hater welcome aboard :tu

mofo is beasting like Messi without the "cute" little footwork and touches. Forlan is the best player in the tournament so far

MaNuMaNiAc
06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
I disagree. I think Messi has been better. Scoring goals doesn't necesarily mean anything, as Higuain's 3 goals prove. Messi has been the orchestrator of Argentina's good play.

'course that's just my opinion.

DAF86
06-30-2010, 09:18 PM
I know people here that say that Messi is a diver.

lU4Qxd8nmPs

lol

boston.balla
07-01-2010, 06:12 AM
mofo is beasting like Messi without the "cute" little footwork and touches. Forlan is the best player in the tournament so far

so far ozil has it on da lock. He played excelent for germany in all the matches and is a very big reason of why they will drill messi team a new one.:toast

ElNono
07-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Why Messi has been the best (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/columns/story/_/columnist/bradley_jeff/id/5342241/ce/us/argentina-lionel-messi-best-player-world-cup?cc=5901&ver=us) [ESPN.com]

ElNono
07-01-2010, 08:06 AM
FWIW, El Bofo should get an honorable mention lol

boston.balla
07-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Why Messi has been the best (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/columns/story/_/columnist/bradley_jeff/id/5342241/ce/us/argentina-lionel-messi-best-player-world-cup?cc=5901&ver=us) [ESPN.com]

that man is right, messi is the best in the world, but at this cup ozil had more influence for germany then messi for arg and was far more consistent up to this point.

Furthermore that man names fabiano as best brazilian and thomas muller as best german which proves he does not know shit.

ElNono
07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
:cry:cry:cry:cry

:violin

boston.balla
07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I am a whiny long haired latino wedding singer :violin

son I'm as happy as it gets. quit your whining.

ElNono
07-01-2010, 02:03 PM
son I'm as happy as it gets. quit your whining.

the only one crying here about messi being selected 'best in show' is you...

hater
07-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Messi is clearly the best talentwise. He is also bringing it this WC.

All the haters can go fuck themselves

SAtown
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Lmfao.

Dinamita
07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.football-pictures.net/data/media/219/Bastian_Schweinsteiger_look.jpg

Look at your daddy Messi

IronMexican
07-03-2010, 11:27 AM
It's the guy from Rocky 4.

IronMexican
07-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Fucking German's stealing him from Russia.

Dinamita
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
It's the guy from Rocky 4.

No lol.

That's Schweinsteiger he was guarding Messi all game.

ffadicted
07-03-2010, 11:29 AM
lmao lmao lmao lmaol maomla moakdma om

lmao overrated midget

lefty
07-03-2010, 11:35 AM
lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolol

Messi cant even bring himself to sucking Pele, Zidane, Ronaldo (the Brazilian) or maradonna's dick

DAF86
07-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Very Good overall performance that will be underated for the fact that he didn't score a goal and Argentina lost in the quarters, he's still the best in the world and you can lol all you want but you know it's true.

Messi=FlyingSpaghettiMonster

ffadicted
07-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Very Good overall performance that will be underated for the fact that he didn't score a goal and Argentina lost in the quarters, he's still the best in the world and you can lol all you want but you know it's true.

Messi=FlyingSpaghettiMonster

yes sure right now, but I think this premature "Messi > Maradona, Messi > Pele" ejac should stop and take a break now lol

DAF86
07-03-2010, 11:44 AM
yes sure right now, but I think this premature "Messi > Maradona, Messi > Pele" ejac should stop and take a break now lol

I never said that.

ffadicted
07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I never said that.

I'm not talking about you haha

SAtown
07-03-2010, 12:43 PM
lmao overrated midget

To be fair, wait til he plays crap ass la liga teams like the Getafes, Racings, etc. Then he'll look like a true GOD!!!

ffadicted
07-03-2010, 12:52 PM

To be fair, wait til he plays crap ass la liga teams like the Getafes, Racings, etc. Then he'll look like a true GOD!!!

lmao Spanish league is such a joke, messi should come to Man U and prove his worth there

sonic21
07-03-2010, 12:58 PM
harder to play when Xavi and Iniesta are not on your team.

Brazil
07-03-2010, 01:03 PM
he's still the best in the world and you can lol all you want but you know it's true.

no he is not

Schweinsteiger, Müller, sneijder say hello

Oh and Klose is deserving some love too ! dude scored 13 !

The best players in the world show their talent during the World Cup

SAtown
07-03-2010, 01:06 PM

Agreed

Whether it's World Cup, Champions, domestic leagues, etc... It doesn't matter what competition, the best players prove it on whatever stage they're on.

ffadicted
07-03-2010, 01:07 PM
lmao most shots in world cup history without a goal

Brazil
07-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Messi is like LBJ a regular season mvp ringless

resistanze
07-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Love Messi, but dude shat the bed Rooney/CRonaldo style. Don't give a shit about his "near" goals and what not. It's all about what you produce. Granted, shitty tactics didn't help him, but still.

BadOdor
07-04-2010, 11:58 AM
lol messi

lol "underrated" performance

ALVAREZ6
07-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Love Messi, but dude shat the bed Rooney/CRonaldo style. Don't give a shit about his "near" goals and what not. It's all about what you produce. Granted, shitty tactics didn't help him, but still.

Shat the bed are you serious? Do you understand anything about sports? Go re-watch any of the Argentina games, as soon as he touches the ball, half the defense focuses in on him. No player draws more defensive attention than Messi. In some of the games he would get intentionally fouled early just to stop his runs from ever occurring. Over and over. And all of that explains why it wasn't him scoring the goals, but all the other players on the team. With so much attention on him everybody else got the scraps (Higuain especially). Once Messi starts nearing the box, 3, 4, or 5 defenders would close in on him, and it's pretty tough to get a clear shot off with so many defenders in your area, most players aren't skilled enough to even get as many shots off as he did in those situations.

ffadicted
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Shat the bed are you serious? Do you understand anything about sports? Go re-watch any of the Argentina games, as soon as he touches the ball, half the defense focuses in on him. No player draws more defensive attention than Messi. In some of the games he would get intentionally fouled early just to stop his runs from ever occurring. Over and over. And all of that explains why it wasn't him scoring the goals, but all the other players on the team. With so much attention on him everybody else got the scraps (Higuain especially). Once Messi starts nearing the box, 3, 4, or 5 defenders would close in on him, and it's pretty tough to get a clear shot off with so many defenders in your area, most players aren't skilled enough to even get as many shots off as he did in those situations.

lmao most shots in WC history without a goal

DAF86
07-04-2010, 08:15 PM

Messi was a key participant of 8 of the 10 Argentina's goals, I think that's pretty productive.

DAF86
07-04-2010, 08:17 PM
no he is not

Schweinsteiger, Müller, sneijder say hello

Oh and Klose is deserving some love too ! dude scored 13 !

That's one of the most retarded takes I've ever read.

DAF86
07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Messi is like LBJ a regular season mvp ringless

Messi has won everything he has played except the World cup, and he's still only 23, he has at least two more WC to win it all. Maradona at Messi's age in '82 played worst than Messi in this WC and 4 years later ended up winning in Mexico.

Comparing the NBA to football is another dumb thing to do, you can win NBA championships every year, the WC is once every 4 years. Are Platini, Cruyff and Baggio (among others) ringless regular season MVPs too?

And last but not least even though LBJ has no ring, he's still the best player in the NBA.

ElNono
07-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I agree that a WC win (or more) is absolutely required to be in the Pele/Maradona conversation. Not that Platini or Cryuff were anything to sneeze at, but it's a second tier, IMO.

DAF86
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I agree that a WC win (or more) is absolutely required to be in the Pele/Maradona conversation. Not that Platini or Cryuff were anything to sneeze at, but it's a second tier, IMO.

Zidane won a WC and Cryuff didn't and most people say that Cruyff > Zidane.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2010, 08:48 PM
daf86 nobody cares about the setups and shit man, on the big stage when all the best players are at and you cant perform, expect criticisms...

u can talk all you want about messis achievements outside the wc, but look at how many other players who have won those other tourneys but not the WC...

sefant77
07-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Messi wasnt the problem. He assist a whole bunch of goals and had bad luck with his own shots.

Maradona fucked him up, he mad it so easy for Germany to take Messi out of the game. Never saw Messi so "clueless" and frustrated in a game.

Maradona probably thought: "Our tactic....hmmm...we have Messi that should be enough to beat the other team!"

ElNono
07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Zidane won a WC and Cryuff didn't and most people say that Cruyff > Zidane.

And I agree. Zidane would never be in the Pele/Maradona conversation to begin with. It's debatable wether Cryuff was.

DAF86
07-04-2010, 08:54 PM
daf86 nobody cares about the setups and shit man, on the big stage when all the best players are at and you cant perform, expect criticisms...

Messi has performed pretty damn well in this tournament, football is a team sports, no individual can win a football tournament all by themselves.

u can talk all you want about messis achievements outside the wc, but look at how many other players who have won those other tourneys but not the WC...

What's the point you are trying to make with this? Is Cannavaro a better player than Messi 'cause he won a WC?

ElNono
07-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Messi wasnt the problem. He assist a whole bunch of goals and had bad luck with his own shots.

Maradona fucked him up, he mad it so easy for Germany to take Messi out of the game. Never saw Messi so "clueless" and frustrated in a game.

Maradona probably thought: "Our tactic....hmmm...we have Messi that should be enough to beat the other team!"

Germans always have done well with that though. Don't forget Maradona in 1986 was pretty much neutered for the whole finals, and was only able to assist for the last goal. He wasn't much of a factor in 1990 either.

I don't think you can blame Bilardo for that though. That's just an ability of the germans.

DAF86
07-04-2010, 09:03 PM
lmao Spanish league is such a joke, messi should come to Man U and prove his worth there

I agree, we all know how those studs that prove themselves in the PL every weekend have dominated this WC.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree, we all know how those studs that prove themselves in the PL every weekend have dominated this WC.

just like the spanish league 2 dominant teams and rest are shit

DAF86
07-04-2010, 09:48 PM
just like the spanish league 2 dominant teams and rest are shit

At least the Spanish league elite is good enough to don't get embarresed in the WC. Besides I'm not the one saying that one league is clearly better than the other.

ALVAREZ6
07-04-2010, 10:25 PM
People need to understand that football/soccer is a sport where the vast majority of statistics are meaningless. They all need context. It's one sport where they really don't matter and are misleading.

Demichelis and Heinze each scored a goal in their only attempt, and from a purely statistical point of view, that would imply that both are one hundred times the player Messi is.

Let's try another angle: This past Germany-Argentina game, here are the statistics:
Germany:
Shots (on goal): 18 (6)
Time of Possession: 47%
Argentina:
Shots (on goal): 20 (7)
TOP: 53%

If you didn't watch the game, you might naturally infer that it was a close game, giving Argentina the slight edge. However, Germany romped 4-0.
Likewise, if you hadn't watched any games and heard of Messi going goal-less with so many shots, you might believe he underperformed, or even to the extent that you say, "shat the bed."

Pretty odd, I read articles from several different analysts claiming Messi to be the top performer or at least among the top of the whole tournament.

TDMVPDPOY
07-04-2010, 10:51 PM
why u tryin to skew statistics to make it look like messi had a good run in the wc?

do you really think fanatics/betters give a fck? what matters is putting the ball into the net and gettin the win

DAF86
07-04-2010, 11:46 PM
why u tryin to skew statistics to make it look like messi had a good run in the wc?

do you really think fanatics/betters give a fck? what matters is putting the ball into the net and gettin the win

He had a good run in the WC.

lol Ronaldo fan