PDA

View Full Version : Next two games are must win for the Spurs...

urunobili
03-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Ok guys time to get tough...

If we beat Atlanta tonight we'll be tied with OKC in the west standings and ready to face them at their own place after their loss tonight... back to back for them too...

We'd be also tied with Phoenix and just one game behind Utah for the 4th place in the west.

No more excuses from anybody... we gotta fucking man up and take care of business... play D or fucking tank the season already :flag:

GO SPURS GO!!!

ffadicted
03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Atlanta, OKC, LAL, Cleveland and Boston in a row this week (Sun-Sun lol)

We take 4 of those 5 and I'm feelign good for the postseason lol

Beaverfuzz
03-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Spurs need to win tonight, they will either gain on Phoenix or pull away from Portland, but they definitely NEED tonight's game.

Go Spurs Go! :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

TIMMYD!
03-21-2010, 06:21 PM

That is just killer, and 4 out of 5 would be great.

urunobili
03-21-2010, 06:32 PM
let's fire up this place and bring on the pain!

GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!

benefactor
03-21-2010, 06:39 PM
let's fire up this place and bring on the pain!

GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
GO SPURS GO!!!
i-m5fwjjob4

Johnny RIngo
03-21-2010, 06:44 PM

If the Spurs were healthy(i.e. Parker was playing) I could see them having a decent shot at winning the Atlanta, OKC, and Boston games. With out current squad, I see a lot of potential losses.

Johnny RIngo
03-21-2010, 07:03 PM
play D or fucking tank the season already :flag:
GO SPURS GO!!!

It's not as if the Spurs are trying NOT to play D. We just don't have the personnel that can play the type of D required for an elite team. The frontcourt is especially abysmal, and on those nights when Duncan is having an off-day, it's non-existent.

Lars
03-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Rockets on your heels ;.;

DJ Mbenga
03-21-2010, 07:44 PM

ouch. but at least you face them with injuries: no bynum no shaq, but Z is back

TheSullyMonster
03-21-2010, 07:49 PM

Good luck with that.:toast

DAF86
03-21-2010, 07:50 PM

No Shaq is actually a bad thing for the Spurs IMO. San Antonio could pull out a win against the Cavs by just pick and roll Shaq's fat ass to death.

crc21209
03-21-2010, 10:20 PM

Riiiight.

FeZZy
03-21-2010, 10:22 PM
ahhhh fuck....

Sean Cagney
03-21-2010, 10:30 PM
We suck, period. We will just lose out the week now.

boutons_deux
03-21-2010, 10:30 PM
"time to get tough"

It doesn't matter what time it is, these Spurs aren't tough.

Spurs won't make the playoffs, won't get 50 W.

atl L
okc L
lal L
cle L
bos L
orl L
lal L
den L
dal L

Bartleby
03-21-2010, 10:32 PM

No Parker

mexicanjunior
03-21-2010, 10:32 PM
We suck, period. We will just lose out the week now.

Yep...I don't see them winning any of these. Need more Golden State's and Minnesota's to stay in the playoff picture. Lottery balls isn't such a bad alternative though...

spursfaninla
03-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Yep...I don't see them winning any of these. Need more Golden State's and Minnesota's to stay in the playoff picture. Lottery balls isn't such a bad alternative though...

Who said we get lottery balls even if we lose out? I don't consider being just out of the playoffs much consolation, considering the talent you are likely to get there is probably not going to be a rotation player for several years, if EVER.

mexicanjunior
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Who said we get lottery balls even if we lose out? I don't consider being just out of the playoffs much consolation, considering the talent you are likely to get there is probably not going to be a rotation player for several years, if EVER.

It's always better to have the chance to improve the team than staying status quo with a mediocre group.

Man In Black
03-21-2010, 11:40 PM
It's always better to have the chance to improve the team than staying status quo with a mediocre group.
That's assuming that your front office drafts well from this lottery pick.
Considering how well the team has drafted, is a lottery pick really needed? One can argue, that they've gotten lottery level picks from where they're at.

It's not an exact science. I mean if you look at all the lottery picks the last few years, while there are some obvious diamonds out there, there is plenty of fool's gold collecting dead money and tying up some organization's cap space until they fall off the books.

mexicanjunior
03-21-2010, 11:45 PM
That's assuming that your front office drafts well from this lottery pick.
Considering how well the team has drafted, is a lottery pick really needed? One can argue, that they've gotten lottery level picks from where they're at.

It's not an exact science. I mean if you look at all the lottery picks the last few years, while there are some obvious diamonds out there, there is plenty of fool's gold collecting dead money and tying up some organization's cap space until they fall off the books.

Percentages favor higher picks equating to better players...can't assume teams will pass on lottery talent every year and make them available to us (Blair).

21_Blessings
03-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Spurs fan praying they don't see the Lake Show. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

peskypesky
03-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Spurs fan praying they don't see the Lake Show. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

true that. but maybe we get a really nice lottery pick to help us next season? :toast

Man In Black
03-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Percentages favor higher picks equating to better players...can't assume teams will pass on lottery talent every year and make them available to us (Blair).

True, but again, the NBA Front Office's are littered with GM's who make poor draft picks, there are no guarantees and again, it ain't an exact science. Even Lottery placements don't mean shit, if you don't pick a player who can contribute.

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 12:09 AM
true that. but maybe we get a really nice lottery pick to help us next season? :toast

Nope.

First round exit via Dallas for you guys. :(

Sean Cagney
03-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Nope.

First round exit via Dallas for you guys. :(

How about fukkin Denver? Why did you count them out getting that #2? Did you not see they are there now?

oh crap
03-22-2010, 12:16 AM
"must win" insinuates a consequence. this team "must win" or else... they don't make the playoffs? don't get the chance to play spoiler? don't get the #1 pick (which won't happen anyways).. what exactly is the reason that they have to win these games? is the alternate scenario that much more promising?