PDA

View Full Version : Parker will be back early (by the 28th), book it.

phxspurfan
03-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Book it! He will not sit out while his team loses 3 straight and runs out of gas going into the playoffs. Parker took shots in the latest shootaround and is looking to get back in the games.

phxspurfan
03-21-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't want to post the link because it's from the E-N (bastards) but if you check Yahoo news and notes under Parker you can read the injury update. I'd imagine that after this loss and either a loss at OKC tomorrow or LAL on Wednesday, Parker will beg Pop to put him back in.

Brazil
03-21-2010, 10:18 PM
from rotowire

Sun, Mar 21

Parker (hand) took part in Sunday's shootaround and is trying to lobby coach Gregg Popovich to allow him to return earlier than his original mid-April timetable, the San Antonio Express-News reports. Recommendation: Parker went through shooting drills without experiencing any pain in his broken right hand. Coach Gregg Popovich took Parker's enthusiasm with a grain of salt and reminded the star point guard that his health for the playoffs is more important than risking another injury to his hand. "I will try to play the last week if the doctors let me," Parker said. "It won't even be five weeks, so that's why I have to listen to the doctors."

spursfaninla
03-21-2010, 10:19 PM
I think the risk of injury to parker is too great; playing with a broken hand could risk aggravating it if and when someone hits his hand again. It WILL happen. So, it would be STUPID to play until it is healed. He would end up missing the playoffs entirely.

Whisky Dog
03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah a broken hand not healed will get broken again the second he takes a hit on it. Would be worthless to do that.

spurs10
03-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Agreed.

chazley
03-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Hill has been atrocious the past 3 games... this team needs Hill to play at SG and have Gino handle the PG duties. He is the best passer on our team and he's playing out of his mind right now, probably the best he has played his whole life.

This team needs Parker in the baddest way right now... everyone else on our team but Hill is peaking right now, it's a shame Tony can't be in there.

I seriously think if we stay in 7th seed we will get to Western Conference finals. We are better than the Nuggets with Tony.

kace
03-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Parker in the french sportsite lequipe.fr said what Brazil posted "really, i don't feel any pain when i'm shooting" and added when told about the Bonner come back from the same injury:

"Matt doesn't shoot the same way than me. I do layups and i drive to the rim, it's different. I can bring a lot of others things to the team"

well, seems he wants to play lol

Rito3d30
03-22-2010, 06:39 AM
Come out early and make his injury worse?

Ice009
03-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Parker in the french sportsite lequipe.fr said what Brazil posted "really, i don't feel any pain when i'm shooting" and added when told about the Bonner come back from the same injury:

"Matt doesn't shoot the same way than me. I do layups and i drive to the rim, it's different. I can bring a lot of others things to the team"

well, seems he wants to play lol

It's basically TP, Manu and Tim. These guys are awesome and tough and they want to play.

The rest of the guys on the team are soft as shit and don't want it when the game is on the line.

Hill has sucked ass against the good teams. He is playing very, very average basketball right now.

Manu and Tim are playing their asses off while Tony has been out.

timtonymanu
03-22-2010, 07:08 AM
It's basically TP, Manu and Tim. These guys are awesome and tough and they want to play.

The rest of the guys on the team are soft as shit and don't want it when the game is on the line.

Hill has sucked ass against the good teams. He is playing very, very average basketball right now.

Manu and Tim are playing their asses off while Tony has been out.

I agree which is why I think the depth is overrated. Manu and Tim are gonna be gassed by the playoffs because people like Hill, RJ, Mason, and Bonner lack confidence. Dice I think can bring it but I just dont fully trust him because he's too old now. Bogans is tough but he just sucks. Malik can't get playing time. Blair is tough but lately he's been horrible and he's a rookie. If we do make the playoffs I guarantee only the big 3 will show up the whole series but they'll be gassed. RJ Hill and Dice probably will show up but might be discouraged at times.

BillMc
03-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Rest Tony. Rest your broken hand and all the other assorted injuries you've had this year. We're going to be the 7th or 8th seed with or without you, so its better to have you healthy and rested for the playoffs. It takes only 1 road win to steal home court advantage in a playoff series and you can get it for us!!!

benefactor
03-22-2010, 08:23 AM
It would be foolish for him to come back any earlier than the last couple of games of the season.

phxspurfan
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
pre-emptive bump. My prediction still stands as of today.

santymrc
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
We need TP, a lot, too much, but i don't want to bring him early just becouse the rest of the team sucks -except Manu, TD and GH-. I want him to be ready to go full throttle against the best in PO. 1 week earlier would be great, if we try to push him on the floor before that it could get worse.
He might not jump-shoot like Matt does, but he falls a lot on the floor finishing lay-ups so that hand needs to be heal 100% to resist it.