PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ Hawks: Deja Vu? Spurs lose another close game.

Chieflion
03-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Spurs @ Hawks: Deja Vu? Spurs lose another close game.

After a beat down on the Golden State Warriors, the San Antonio Spurs proceed to visit rap city, Atlanta, to face off against the young, talented and athletic Hawks.

The Spurs proceed to go on with their proceedings, beating the holy crap out of the Hawks in the 1st quarter. After Mike Woodson, coach of the Hawks, called his team out for the lack of defense in the 1st quarter, giving up 33 points, the Hawks limit the Spurs to 81 points in 41 minutes for the rest of the game, including overtime and ran off to a 115-111 victory, led by Al Horford with 22 points and 18 rebounds.

The best player on the court was Manu Ginobili. During the post-game interview, he came off quite upset. "We played well, but it wasn't enough for a win. I think 38 is a very bad number for the Spurs. I scored 38 twice and both times we lost. This one was on me."

Tim Duncan, who scored 29 points, and had 13 rebounds, woke up after a vicious dunk by Al Horford against him. "Horford is a very talented big, I see why he was an all-star. He kicked our ass out there."

Led by Marvin Williams in the 2nd quarter, the Hawks stormed to a 53-51 lead, coming back from a double digit deficit, and was noted to be the one that spearheaded the comeback. "We busted our ass out there. We hustled, got offensive boards, got steals, and ended up with easy baskets."

Al Horford, who was all over the boards, claimed he ate jumping beans before the game. "My mother placed some beans in my cereal this morning. I had so much energy in this game. That must have been jumping beans."

Gregg Popovich had some mean words to the reporters after the game. "Very frustrating game tonight. They hit some shots, grabbed some rebounds and got some 50-50 calls. Our guys played well, but it wasn't enough." He then stared down a reporter for asking about his rotations, and left immediately, mumbling about Hoagie Grails in Atlanta.

Mike Woodson, whose team won the game, is reported to have promised his team he will shave his mustache if they win the game. "I promised them, but I guess I am having second thoughts now."

This ends Chieflion's report on the Spurs @ Hawks game. All quotes are fictional and if by any coincidence that the similar people say the same thing, don't blame me.

spursfaninla
03-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Entertaining for a try-on onion piece. keep writing.

TIMMYD!
03-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Much better than the E-N crap and the quotes sound pretty legit. :tu

FeZZy
03-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Entertaining for a try-on onion piece. keep writing.
I'm sorry but aren't you the one who said this was a good thing for us? a loss? yeahhhh GTFO

spursfaninla
03-21-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry but aren't you the one who said this was a good thing for us? a loss? yeahhhh GTFO

Misquote. Never said good thing to lose. Said they played well, and take that as a positive. I was disapointed too. I disliked losing with 4 points up too. I dislike not winning championships any time tim is health TOO, but shit happens.

Thanks for the suggestion too, but I was here before you graduated from school (if he have yet) and will be here after you move on to your next whimsy.

FeZZy
03-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Misquote. Never said good thing to lose. Said they played well, and take that as a positive. I was disapointed too. I disliked losing with 4 points up too. I dislike not winning championships any time tim is health TOO, but shit happens.

Thanks for the suggestion too, but I was here before you graduated from school (if he have yet) and will be here after you move on to your next whimsy.

:lmao okay.

SenorSpur
03-21-2010, 11:54 PM
The number of offensive rebounds and turnovers given up by the Spurs was absolutely atrocious. Couldn't secure rebounds, couldn't keep the opponent off the glass, terrible passes whch led to fast break opportunities for the opposition. This game was further evidence as to how woefully deficient the Spurs still are athletically and how pitiful they were fundamentally.

team-work
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Another game the Spurs played "relatively" well, but not good enough to beat an elite team.

Missed the days when fine execution on both ends of the court guaranteed small leads were perserved and games were won. Guessed games like today would be the norm for the near future (unless something wonderful can be done this offseason.) Never quit but keep the realistic expectations.

Dex
03-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Gregg Popovich had some mean words to the reporters after the game. "Very frustrating game tonight. They hit some shots, grabbed some rebounds and got some 50-50 calls. Our guys played well, but it wasn't enough." He then stared down a reporter for asking about his rotations, and left immediately, mumbling about Hoagie Grails in Atlanta.

SpursDynasty, is that you? :wow

TDomination
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
SpursDynasty, is that you? :wow

hahaha

Chomag
03-22-2010, 01:01 PM
When do spurs get to play a crappy team again so some posters can think Spurs are contendersd again?