PDA

View Full Version : Playoff hopes cut in 1/2 after last night's loss...

Manu_Ginobili
03-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Very tough loss last night at Atlant in OT, the same as the one at Cleveland -the Spurs gave away 2 easy games where they had big leads and that could really help them move in the standings. Besides the second quarter, the Spurs played very hard last night - Manu scored 38 pts /same in Cleveland/, but we still LOST the game for the lack of "D", and meltdowns in important moments..., the problem is, our playoff run is coming a little bit too late now -the Spurs HAD TO play like this in January - now because the schedule is so tough, STUPID management and Poop could NOT organize themselves to push those guys to play harded earlier /than now/...With that said, and the tough schedule going forward, it will be very difficult for the Spurs to move up from the 7th place in the Playoffs standings - they have to rely on the opponents' /above them/ meltdown going forward - OKC, Phoenix, and Utah have to start losing games in a row in order for the Spurs to move in the standings - today is a B2B game at OKC - Tim and Manu played over 40 min. each last night, so I would NOT be surprised to see a BLOWOUT today in favor of K. Durant, J. Green, and company - this is exactly what happened in the Orlando game just few night ago /coming off tough game at Miami in a B2B schedule/...With that said, it is hard to predict the Spurs' move in the Playoff table, and everyone knows that the 7TH seed in the Playoffs standing NEVER really did anything significant in the Playoffs...UNFORTUNATELY, FELLOWS, IF WE DON'T MOVE UP IN THE STANDINGS, ANOTHER MISERABLE EXIT IN THE PLAYOFFS IS COMING!!!:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

kaji157
03-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Very tough loss last night at Atlant in OT, the same as the one at Cleveland -the Spurs gave away 2 easy games where they had big leads and that could really help them move in the standings. Besides the second quarter, the Spurs played very hard last night - Manu scored 38 pts /same in Cleveland/, but we still LOST the game for the lack of "D", and meltdowns in important moments..., the problem is, our playoff run is coming a little bit too late now -the Spurs HAD TO play like this in January - now because the schedule is so tough, STUPID management and Poop could NOT organize themselves to push those guys to play harded earlier /than now/...With that said, and the tough schedule going forward, it will be very difficult for the Spurs to move up from the 7th place in the Playoffs standings - they have to rely on the opponents' /above them/ meltdown going forward - OKC, Phoenix, and Utah have to start losing games in a row in order for the Spurs to move in the standings - today is a B2B game at OKC - Tim and Manu played over 40 min. each last night, so I would NOT be surprised to see a BLOWOUT today in favor of K. Durant, J. Green, and company - this is exactly what happened in the Orlando game just few night ago /coming off tough game at Miami in a B2B schedule/...With that said, it is hard to predict the Spurs' move in the Playoff table, and everyone knows that the 7TH seed in the Playoffs standing NEVER really did anything significant in the Playoffs...UNFORTUNATELY, FELLOWS, IF WE DON'T MOVE UP IN THE STANDINGS, ANOTHER MISERABLE EXIT IN THE PLAYOFFS IS COMING!!!:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

I am not sure, but i've never seen a 7th seed add an All-Star PG come playoff time.
If we are a 7th seed without Tony i'll take it, when he comes back, wheather it's off the bench or as a starter he will produce more than Hill and surely more than any other player not named Duncan or Ginobili on our roster.
That's a huge boost right there, and if we got lucky, what we haven't Tony comes back feeling better of his planctar facilitis (or whatever is called) and some balls go our way and we can beat anyone.
People are overreacting, we have a 60% win record and had a lot of injuries to a lot of players, if we get in the PO witha healthy squad we will be in as good position as anyone. I really don't care much about seedings, it just means a harder start, but that can also give you an easier second round by that standart.

Manu_Ginobili
03-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I am not sure, but i've never seen a 7th seed add an All-Star PG come playoff time.
If we are a 7th seed without Tony i'll take it, when he comes back, wheather it's off the bench or as a starter he will produce more than Hill and surely more than any other player not named Duncan or Ginobili on our roster.
That's a huge boost right there, and if we got lucky, what we haven't Tony comes back feeling better of his planctar facilitis (or whatever is called) and some balls go our way and we can beat anyone.
People are overreacting, we have a 60% win record and had a lot of injuries to a lot of players, if we get in the PO witha healthy squad we will be in as good position as anyone. I really don't care much about seedings, it just means a harder start, but that can also give you an easier second round by that standart.

Seedings are important - you cannot win a title by playing more games in someone else's court all the time...If the Spurs finish 7th, they would have to play away more games all the way through and win it all...This has never happened before...

boutons_deux
03-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Spurs ain't making the playoffs this year.

As we all know, they have a mar/apr schedule from hell, and they aren't strong enough to stay out the lottery.

Their only chance is Blazers doing worse, not the Spurs doing anything better.

Chomag
03-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I would like to have read what you posted, but my eyes starting hurting 2 sentences in. Actually I could never find where one ended and the other began.

The enter key is right there on your keyboard. Please us it! Wall of text messes with the eyes. LOL

Man In Black
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Seedings are important - you cannot win a title by playing more games in someone else's court all the time...If the Spurs finish 7th, they would have to play away more games all the way through and win it all...This has never happened before...
Never say never. So when the Rockets with Olajuwon won the title from the 6th seed and won it all, they didn't play away games? What about the 99 Championship? Who did the Spurs meet in the finals? Oh that's right, the New York Knicks who were seeded #8. Imagine that, they played more away games than home games to get to the finals.
The maxim that to win in the playoffs, you need to be able to win on the road, holds true for EVERY team. No team has ever won every game in a 4-0,4-0, 4-0, & 4-0 championship run. So, what's important is how well you can play in the playoffs. Ask the #1 Mavericks team how it felt losing to GSW in 2007? There are no guarantees in the seedings. Rather than shrink at the obstacle, don't you think it's better to rise to the challenge? That's why the games are played. But if you were really Ginobili...you'd already know this.
:flag:

VBM
03-22-2010, 01:33 PM

If the Rockets could do it (and they added an allstar guard before the playoffs), SA has a shot. Also, if we are avoiding LA as long as possible, we're better off staying in the 6th/7th seed.

Sadly enough, homecourt hasn't meant much for us this season (not as much as in past seasons). I almost think it's less stressful to open a series on the road. You play for the split and go from there...

Manu_Ginobili
03-22-2010, 01:35 PM

As we all know, they have a mar/apr schedule from hell, and they aren't strong enough to stay out the lottery.

What a b******t! They will be at least 7th! The question is whether they could move up in the standings...Are you real Spurs fan or a throll?

03-22-2010, 01:35 PM
hi spurs fan,let do the chant.HOW YOU ALREADY SPURS FAN LET DO IT?

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
YOU CAN DO IT BELIVE IN TIM DUCAN AND TONY PARKERS.

Manu_Ginobili
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Never say never. So when the Rockets with Olajuwon won the title from the 6th seed and won it all, they didn't play away games? What about the 99 Championship? Who did the Spurs meet in the finals? Oh that's right, the New York Knicks who were seeded #8. Imagine that, they played more away games than home games to get to the finals.
The maxim that to win in the playoffs, you need to be able to win on the road, holds true for EVERY team. No team has ever won every game in a 4-0,4-0, 4-0, & 4-0 championship run. So, what's important is how well you can play in the playoffs. Ask the #1 Mavericks team how it felt losing to GSW in 2007? There are no guarantees in the seedings. Rather than shrink at the obstacle, don't you think it's better to rise to the challenge? That's why the games are played. But if you were really Ginobili...you'd already know this.

I agree about the Rockets and NY, yes, but for the Rockets to win it all - they had a complete team with Olajulon, Horry, K Smith, etc., the Spurs do not have a true shot blocker, Tony will NOT be 100%, plus the competition these days is MUCH TOUGHER!!! I wish ourselves luck!!!
GO MANU!!!
BR

Man In Black
03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
I agree about the Rockets and NY, yes, but for the Rockets to win it all - they had a complete team with Olajulon, Horry, K Smith, etc., the Spurs do not have a true shot blocker, Tony will NOT be 100%, plus the competition these days is MUCH TOUGHER!!! I wish ourselves luck!!!
GO MANU!!!
BR
A true shot blocker, you mean other than Tim Duncan right? OK, if Ian doesn't play, then it's minimally McDyess. We get our PG back, the Big 3 is here and as healthy as we've seen for the playoffs. The comp is tougher? Yeah, maybe but hell, if it was easy...then what's the point?

Chomag
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
In 95 The top teams were Spurs, and Utah. Remember IT was Rockets and Orlando in the championship that year?(one of the weakest championships) That was a very weak competition and lack of talent those set of year. Spurs were even looking great that year and that was with one guy.

Not saying it's not completely impossible, but you have to take in account that the league is allot more competitive and talented now now. then you could Win with 1 or 2 guys now you need a big 3 at the bare minimum.

rAm
03-22-2010, 02:01 PM
hi spurs fan,let do the chant.HOW YOU ALREADY SPURS FAN LET DO IT?

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag:
YOU CAN DO IT BELIVE IN TIM DUCAN AND TONY PARKERS.

rofl

hsxvvd
03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Tony will return just in time for the fishing trip.

dbestpro
03-22-2010, 03:20 PM

Blazers moving up on the Spurs does not put the Spurs in the lottery it gives them the 8th seed. Houston is the next team in line, 5 games back in the loss column.

JR3
03-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Bring on the Lakers. I aint scured.