PDA

View Full Version : Real Madrid Will Offer Manu $12.8 Million Per Season

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 02:11 AM
It seem Real Madrid will make Manu offer of 3 years and €15 million euros net. Since in Spurs he lose in his salary 35% to federal US tax, 8% to NBA player union fee, 4% to agent fee and since in Europe contracts salary amount is figure after all expense........

this mean Real Madrid will offer Manu this summer (with current time exchange rate) what is same as 3 year $38.3 million NBA contract with Spurs. I do not believe Manu will get $12.8 million per season from any NBA teams.

BRHornet45
03-22-2010, 02:35 AM
son he would be a FOOL to pass this offer up. better league, better team, and better gym to play in. God bless

The Franchise
03-22-2010, 02:37 AM
Can you give me something factual to back your claims? I would also like to be given proof that nothing will be taken out of his contract over there also. If you can't provide facts then that means the Spurs only have to offer him 7 mill per for three years (3.7 mill less than what he currently makes) to beat that deal.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Can you give me something factual to back your claims? I would also like to be given proof that nothing will be taken out of his contract over there also. If you can't provide facts then that means the Spurs only have to offer him 7 mill per for three years (3.7 mill less than what he currently makes) to beat that deal.

Why do NBA fans always say things like "I would also like to be given proof that nothing will be taken out of his contract over there also"?

It is reported as net income. It is very simple. NBA salary is report as gross income and European salary as net income. Why is such a simple thing so hard for Americans to understand?

Do you really believe T-Mac makes $23 million? Of course he does not. After he pays all his fees he makes nothing close to that. In Europe his salary would only be report as the amount he pockets. Is very simple and I do not understand why Americans are so confuse by this.

NBAfan83
03-22-2010, 02:50 AM
Why do NBA fans always say things like "I would also like to be given proof that nothing will be taken out of his contract over there also"?

It is reported as net income. It is very simple. NBA salary is report as gross income and European salary as net income. Why is such a simple thing so hard for Americans to understand?

Do you really believe T-Mac makes $23 million? Of course he does not. After he pays all his fees he makes nothing close to that. In Europe his salary would only be report as the amount he pockets. Is very simple and I do not understand why Americans are so confuse by this.

everything in europe is so expensive though, that's why the salary is so high

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 03:02 AM
son he would be a FOOL to pass this offer up. better league, better team, and better gym to play in. God bless

These are the two "gyms" Real Madrid plays games in

Palacio Vistalegre - 15,000 capacity

http://www.diarioas.com/diarioasmedia/diarioas/media/200506/09/baloncesto/acb/20050609dasdasacb_1_I_LCO.jpg

Palacio de Deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid - 15,500 capacity

http://www.milanacustica.com/ACUSTICA/imagenes/vivamadrid%20nota/pa1.gif

You have a fantasy about big European clubs playing games in "gyms". You live about 10 years in the past.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 03:04 AM

Depend on where you live in Spain. Also Spain is not that expensive really. Compare to some other European countries it does not cost very much at all in Spain. It is definite one of best places to live. Madrid is OK but I prefer by much Malaga.

Besides it does not matter as big European clubs provide free house or apartment and car to their players and also pay their living bills expenses like utility costs.

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 03:09 AM

The American people not living in trailer parks beg differ. No idea where you live but we pay nearly 10% in combined sales tax around these Southern Californian parts.

NBAfan83
03-22-2010, 03:13 AM
The American people not living in trailer parks beg differ. No idea where you live but we pay nearly 10% in combined sales tax around these Southern Californian parts.

yeah but you guys have In n Out, only the best ever fastfood burger created by God, i have yet to try one, but it's my quest.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 03:14 AM
if the front office doesnt pick up their shit this offseason, Manu should take it.

I would not think Spurs would have to worry about this if not for Messina. I do not think Manu would take this offer from another European club. But since his old coach Messina (which he like very much) is now coach of Real it seem like this is very possible that this could happen.

NBAfan83
03-22-2010, 03:14 AM
Depend on where you live in Spain. Also Spain is not that expensive really. Compare to some other European countries it does not cost very much at all in Spain. It is definite one of best places to live. Madrid is OK but I prefer by much Malaga.

Besides it does not matter as big European clubs provide free house or apartment and car to their players and also pay their living bills expenses like utility costs.

Wow that is a good deal, i don't see why more people don't just play in europe, finer chicks there too.

NBAfan83
03-22-2010, 03:15 AM
I would not think Spurs would have to worry about this if not for Messina. I do not think Manu would take this offer from another European club. But since his old coach Messina (which he like very much) is now coach of Real it seem like this is very possible that this could happen.

Scola, oberto and nocioni should follow suit, it will be like old times.

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 03:16 AM
yeah but you guys have In n Out, only the best ever fastfood burger created by God, i have yet to try one, but it's my quest.

In and Out is so 10 years ago. The real reason people like it because the employees are usually white instead of brown.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 03:18 AM
Scola, oberto and nocioni should follow suit, it will be like old times.

Real Madrid said they will offer contracts to Manu, Tiago Splitter, and Rudy Fernandez who they will try to buyout from NBA. They have not mention anything about Scola or Oberto. I doubt Oberto would be much interest to big European clubs.

The European team that says they will offer contract to Scola is Panathinaikos. I do not think Nocioni is realistic unless he gets out of his NBA contract. I guess if he did Real would be interest in him and maybe also Sergio Rodriguez.

But so far they have only say contracts will be offer to Manu, Splitter and Rudy.

NBAfan83
03-22-2010, 03:22 AM
In and Out is so 10 years ago. The real reason people like it because the employees are usually white instead of brown.

really whats a good burger join for decent price in LA? thinking of going on a trip this year, and would like to know where to eat?

I got in N out, cheesecake factory and boiling crab so far on my list, any other suggestions.

NBAfan83
03-22-2010, 03:24 AM
Real Madrid said they will offer contracts to Manu, Tiago Splitter, and Rudy Fernandez who they will try to buyout from NBA. They have not mention anything about Scola or Oberto. I doubt Oberto would be much interest to big European clubs.

The European team that says they will offer contract to Scola is Panathinaikos. I do not think Nocioni is realistic unless he gets out of his NBA contract. I guess if he did Real would be interest in him and maybe also Sergio Rodriguez.

But so far they have only say contracts will be offer to Manu, Splitter and Rudy.

wow if they get that team set up, theyd be euroleague champs fer sure.

ata
03-22-2010, 03:31 AM
Major difference between NBA and European teams also is, that in NBA teams fulfil their contract obligations, where in Europe check bounces very often - check big contracts from summer 2008

There is some financial powehouses (Real, Barcelona, Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, CSKA..??), rest are more or less just empty promises.

WESTACKED
03-22-2010, 03:34 AM
it's also rumored some europe club is going to offer Lebron a giant contract with annual salary as huge as roughly 50m, fair reflection of true values of Lebron and Manu IMHO.

BRHornet45
03-22-2010, 03:41 AM
These are the two "gyms" Real Madrid plays games in

Palacio Vistalegre - 15,000 capacity

http://www.diarioas.com/diarioasmedia/diarioas/media/200506/09/baloncesto/acb/20050609dasdasacb_1_I_LCO.jpg

Palacio de Deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid - 15,500 capacity

You have a fantasy about big European clubs playing games in "gyms". You live about 10 years in the past.

LMAO cheap ass looking gyms

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 03:58 AM
wow if they get that team set up, theyd be euroleague champs fer sure.

Not really. That team is no better than teams like CSKA, PAO, Barca, Olympiacos.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 04:01 AM
Major difference between NBA and European teams also is, that in NBA teams fulfil their contract obligations, where in Europe check bounces very often - check big contracts from summer 2008

There is some financial powehouses (Real, Barcelona, Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, CSKA..??), rest are more or less just empty promises.

:lol:downspin::rollin:ihit:lmao:blah:rolleyes

This is so stupid and is nonsense. Any European club that is pay million dollar contracts the contracts are all guaranteed. And you think those are only rich clubs in Europe?

So Fener, Efes, Khimki are poor clubs? You are say that even clubs like Malaga, Baskonia, Macabbi, Siena do not pay their players? Please keep the ridiculous nonsense out of this thread.

This is supposed to be a serious thread and there is no place for the stupid lies and crap here.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 04:03 AM

Funny since Stern said "gym" in second picture already met NBA requirements to have NBA franchise play there. I guess NBA arena requirements are a joke.

WESTACKED
03-22-2010, 04:06 AM
shut the fuck up you fat russet fuck. Spaniards are using cheap gyms for no other reason but their disfavor on basketball. Despite how many honors their national team has achieved over these years, in Iberia Island football is still the predominant sport and sometimes even a metonym of all sports. basketball only takes a meager share of the whole sports industry so it's nothing unusual for basketball games to be held in some plain gyms.

ChumpDumper
03-22-2010, 04:13 AM
lol to basically every post in this thread.

cnyc3
03-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Where is proof? Greek Lies

Lars
03-22-2010, 04:24 AM
It seem Real Madrid will make Manu offer of 3 years and €15 million euros net. Since in Spurs he lose in his salary 35% to federal US tax, 8% to NBA player union fee, 4% to agent fee and since in Europe contracts salary amount is figure after all expense........

this mean Real Madrid will offer Manu this summer (with current time exchange rate) what is same as 3 year $38.3 million NBA contract with Spurs. I do not believe Manu will get $12.8 million per season from any NBA teams.

15 million net euros is 20.25 million, which would be ~7 million/season

Your figures are misleading, unless you are trying to say since he isnt paying taxes or fees the same true earning power would be 12.8 million per season in the US, which is not what your title says.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 05:32 AM
15 million net euros is 20.25 million, which would be ~7 million/season

Your figures are misleading, unless you are trying to say since he isnt paying taxes or fees the same true earning power would be 12.8 million per season in the US, which is not what your title says.

Please show me one NBA salary that is list in net income.

Darthkiller
03-22-2010, 06:14 AM
manu has nothing to prove in euroleague, no where he signs there. he will be in new york next season.

ffadicted
03-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Manu leaving the NBA: :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

pauls931
03-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Sorry if I missed this, but how much is he costing the Spurs? If a lot, I say they let him walk and look to sign another good player. A key for the Spurs rebuilding is unloading Ginobili. I know he's tremendously popular, but keeping him is similar to the suns keeping nash right now where rebuilding can't be completed while he's still there. (for the record I'm a Nash homer)

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 06:43 AM
Manu leaving the NBA: :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So you believe he can get that money from NBA? No way will he. He will 33 years old, has injuries all the time and he demands to play for Argentina once every 2 summers. He will get 1/3 of that money in NBA.

Darthkiller
03-22-2010, 07:19 AM
So you believe he can get that money from NBA? No way will he. He will 33 years old, has injuries all the time and he demands to play for Argentina once every 2 summers. He will get 1/3 of that money in NBA.

he will be in new york next season if he wants money, he will get millions in endorsements there while playing in world's best arena.

WESTACKED
03-22-2010, 07:23 AM
lol to basically every post in this thread.
you said that too early, mate.

ffadicted
03-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Sorry if I missed this, but how much is he costing the Spurs? If a lot, I say they let him walk and look to sign another good player. A key for the Spurs rebuilding is unloading Ginobili. I know he's tremendously popular, but keeping him is similar to the suns keeping nash right now where rebuilding can't be completed while he's still there. (for the record I'm a Nash homer)

Check the sig, 2 years 16-20 mil is more then worth it, Ginobili is the best player on the team since the All-Star break, there is no one even close to his value we could get out there

Please show me one NBA salary that is list in net income.

Fucking idiot thinking cash is the most important thing to a guy like Manu :lmao:lmao

fevertrees
03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
12.8 million to play in the D-League? He would be a fool to pass up on this lol

Kai
03-22-2010, 10:21 AM

I bet it still looks like that during games too :lol

Killakobe81
03-22-2010, 10:43 AM

i dont know about that ...but Innout is great. i hope you get to try one everything i fresh even the bread ...

Gosh, i miss California sometimes. Also try Roscoe's chicken N Waffles and get some thai food when you hit Cali ...good stuff!

phyzik
03-22-2010, 10:46 AM

It looks roughly about the same size as the UTSA Roadrunners gym.

Dex
03-22-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/north_america/united_states/texas/san_antonio_sbc2.jpg > http://www.milanacustica.com/ACUSTICA/imagenes/vivamadrid%20nota/pa1.gif

mogrovejo
03-22-2010, 11:53 AM

There are a lot more European clubs than those with solid financial situations - at least in the sense that they'll pay the salaries to their players in due time. Plus, players anywhere near this caliber generally sign FIBA contracts which means clubs have a very small margin to not pay salaries in due time.

This is so stupid and is nonsense. Any European club that is pay million dollar contracts the contracts are all guaranteed. And you think those are only rich clubs in Europe?

So Fener, Efes, Khimki are poor clubs? You are say that even clubs like Malaga, Baskonia, Macabbi, Siena do not pay their players? Please keep the ridiculous nonsense out of this thread.

This is supposed to be a serious thread and there is no place for the stupid lies and crap here.

Khimki didn't have liquidity to pay salaries last season and is still making payments to some players that have already left the club. Heck, Delfino even went on a strike because he wasn't being paid in time. Even CSKA went through delayed salaries last year.

mogrovejo
03-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Unlike most of the nonsensical stuff he's been writing, there's some basis for this KBP's post. I was about to start a thread last night but decided not to because it's just a rumour. It's been going on for some time but yesterday - or Saturday - a Spanish journalist who's generally very well informed spilled the beans on his twitter.

DesignatedT
03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Unlike most of the nonsensical stuff he's been writing, there's some basis for this KBP's post. I was about to start a thread last night but decided not to because it's just a rumour. It's been going on for some time but yesterday - or Saturday - a Spanish journalist who's generally very well informed spilled the beans on his twitter.

Yes, they probably are interested but the salary numbers hes saying are totally made up and false.. hes just trying to be a troll like usual and does a pretty good job at it....

mogrovejo
03-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Yes, they probably are interested but the salary numbers hes saying are totally made up and false.. hes just trying to be a troll like usual and does a pretty good job at it....

Yes, the salaries he just made up.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 02:19 PM
There are a lot more European clubs than those with solid financial situations - at least in the sense that they'll pay the salaries to their players in due time. Plus, players anywhere near this caliber generally sign FIBA contracts which means clubs have a very small margin to not pay salaries in due time.

Khimki didn't have liquidity to pay salaries last season and is still making payments to some players that have already left the club. Heck, Delfino even went on a strike because he wasn't being paid in time. Even CSKA went through delayed salaries last year.

That is not true. Khimki has no financial issues and has plenty of money. They are a very rich club with a 30 million euros budget. You have Khimki confuse with Dynamo Moscow that had financial problems and had to cut the budget from 30 million euros to 10.

Khimki has no financial issues and is very rich and Delfino admit to press that it was all media lies and nonsense that he did not get paid. In fact as he said he got all his money. Khimki is a very rich club.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 02:21 PM

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/03/real-madrid-offers-13-million-to-ginobili/

According to several radio reports in Spain from the Spanish Euroleague club Real Madrid, they will offer Manu Ginobili a contract that amounts to an NBA salary of about $13 million per year this summer.

Real Madrid also has a connection with Manu, as their current head coach was Manu’s former coach when he played in Italy.

Other NBA related players that are said to be targets of Real Madrid this summer are Spurs first round draft pick Tiago Splitter, Darko Milicic, Sergio Rodriguez, Andres Nocioni, and Rudy Fernandez. The club will offer buyouts to the NBA teams of Nocioni and Fernandez.

Ginobili is the club’s main target though, and they will apparently go after him hard, as they believe they can get him due to his very good relationship with their head coach Messina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not make up anything. Why don't you stop make false accusations.

Medvedenko
03-22-2010, 02:30 PM
So what's the story here....Euro teams offering big money for aging NBA players.
WGAF really. The real league is the NBA.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 02:36 PM
So what's the story here....Euro teams offering big money for aging NBA players.
WGAF really. The real league is the NBA.

I'm expecting them to make an offer to Kobe pretty soon.

mogrovejo
03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
I did not make up anything. Why don't you stop make false accusations.

Yes you did. Is Dimitri your new pen name?

That is not true. Khimki has no financial issues and has plenty of money. They are a very rich club with a 30 million euros budget. You have Khimki confuse with Dynamo Moscow that had financial problems and had to cut the budget from 30 million euros to 10.

Khimki has no financial issues and is very rich and Delfino admit to press that it was all media lies and nonsense that he did not get paid. In fact as he said he got all his money. Khimki is a very rich club.

I generally don't confuse ball clubs. Khimki, like some other clubs in Europe (including some from the Greek league, as we both know), delayed the payment of salaries at one point last season. And their budget declined this season, like CSKA budget declined, like the budget of pretty much every Russian club declined from last season to this one - just not as much as Dynamo's budget. Of course Delfino got all his money, nobody said Khimki is still owing him money.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes you did. Is Dimitri your new pen name?

I generally don't confuse ball clubs. Khimki, like some other clubs in Europe (including some from the Greek league, as we both know), delayed the payment of salaries at one point last season. And their budget declined this season, like CSKA budget declined, like the budget of pretty much every Russian club declined from last season to this one - just not as much as Dynamo's budget. Of course Delfino got all his money, nobody said Khimki is still owing him money.

CSKA budget is still very high at 30 million euros. Even though their main investor left them and bought the Nets and even though their main sponsor dropped they still have plenty of money. PAO budget this season was 25 million euros. Only teams in Europe right now with higher budget than CSKA is Olympiacos and Real.

And CSKA does not have that much more money than Khimki. Khimki did renovations and remodel to their arena, built new practice court, new locker rooms, new press and media rooms, and almost double the size of the arena. And then in summer they are doing another expansion in their arena. This is all paid by them. So I do not see how they have any financial problems.

Also there are the very rich Europen clubs that do not have big budgets now but could afford it. Two that come to mind are Milano and Panellinios. Super rich clubs that could spend huge money but they are being tight these days. But you never know what could happen. There are clubs like this that no one would even think to sign an very big player but could easily afford it if they want to.

mogrovejo
03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Is funny how CSKA budget "declined". Sure they cut their budget...

:lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Why do you guys entertain this Euro faggot. It's not like any of you actually watch Euro-D-league ball. Who wants to watch a bunch of NBA rejects? If Manu could earn a decent living in the NBA he'd stay here. But he cant, so hell flee to Europe along with the top players in US High School.

I'm no queer.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
:lmao

They have a 30 million euros budget. Higher than budget of Barca and PAO. It does not really matter that they cut their budget. Actually their budget cuts was hardly even basketball players related. They had for example a private leer jet for team flights. They stopped using it and used commercial flights to save money.

They let Messina go. They let players that cost a lot and were not playing go. Really they have just as expensive rotation as they did last season.

BRHornet45
03-23-2010, 12:38 AM
son will it be required in Manu's 12.8 million NET contract to also stick around after games to help cleanup the bleachers in the gyms?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 08:52 AM

No. This is what it looks like during games.

http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20090112csrcsrdep_8/XLCO/Ies/Vista-general-Palacio-Deportes-Comunidad-Madrid.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/rs/13271/56111b53-c236-44aa-a447-40f4f8703ee2/4e3/rglang/en-US/filename/inside-of-palacio-de-deportes-comunidad-de-madrid.jpg

The Houston Rockets arena is half that full during games.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 08:55 AM
son will it be required in Manu's 12.8 million NET contract to also stick around after games to help cleanup the bleachers in the gyms?

I guess you have bad eye sight. There is no "bleachers" in those "gyms".

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/lazenby19691969/800px-Palacio_de_Deportes_Madrid_05.jpg?t=1269352391

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/lazenby19691969/800px-Palacio_de_Deportes_Madrid_04.jpg?t=1269352428

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/lazenby19691969/108czevsesp01.jpg?t=1269352758

EmptyMan
03-23-2010, 08:57 AM
RC, you know what must be done when foreign agents visit Manu...

http://thejessiewarjournal.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/you-only-attack-if.jpg

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Why doesn't KPB never get the memo that nobody gives a fuck lol
Who gives a shit about that lame ass stage, nobody wants to go to europe

fevertrees
03-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Getafe Coach Michel Tips Real Madrid For Primera Liga Glory
Geta boss feels los Merengues are favourites...
By Paul Madden
23-Mar-2010 8:24:35 AM Share

Getafe coach Michel has declared that he expects Real Madrid to win the Primera Liga and noted that los Merengues have an advantage over champions Barcelona as the Blaugrana must still visit the Bernabeu.

"I think that they're the hot favourite. It's up to them and also their arch rival Barcelona has to come to the Bernabeu," he told AS.

"Maybe it will be a much closer game than we saw last year. For there are many differences between now and 10 April [Madrid 2-6 Barcelona]. Real Madrid will have to put all pride, all the capacity it has, because they need to win the league."

Geta host Madrid on Thursday and Michel says his side must be at their very best if they are to take three points from los Blancos.

"It takes many things besides what we bring as a modest team like concentration and hope. It takes skill, at the maximum level, and also displaying a game that prevents them from doing things their way. If we can provide a good level of difficulty we can stop Madrid," he declared.

ElNono
03-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Manu isn't leaving the NBA anytime soon. He's the ultimate competitor and there's no better challenge than playing against the world's top athletes.
You think there's no difference suiting up to play against Kobe, Wade or Durant, than Jaktovis Sisuliskis?
He already left money on the table when he left Europe to come play in the NBA. And the way he's been playing lately, he should have no problem getting a multi-year contract worth somewhere in the area of $10 million/year playing for a contender.

Manu is on the decline. But he still has gas left in the tank and he can be a very effective piece for a contending team.

nkdlunch
03-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Manu in Europe = Championship

Mel_13
03-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Manu isn't leaving the NBA anytime soon.

Absolutely.

he should have no problem getting a multi-year contract worth somewhere in the area of $10 million/year playing for a contender.

All the championship contenders are well over the cap. He could get 10M/yr from a team with cap space or take the MLE from a contender, but top money while playing for a championship contender isn't in the cards. His best combination of money and team success will still probably be with the Spurs.

Indazone
03-23-2010, 01:23 PM
If that is true and Scola is in a contract year, that would mean Scola would be going over there too right? But Scola is due a big pay raise.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Manu in Europe = Championship

He only won one Euroleague before when he was in Europe. Euroleague is a very serious league. One player does not = a championship. Not even Kobe or LeBron would assure a championship.

I think Real Madrid would have good chance with their team now (which is one of the better ones already in Europe) with add Manu. But for sure they would have much competition and I do not think would even be favorites.

I am very interest in what happen with them this summer because the latest rumor is they want Manu and Spanoulis. My two favorite players and I would love to see such back court.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 02:18 PM
If that is true and Scola is in a contract year, that would mean Scola would be going over there too right? But Scola is due a big pay raise.

The only team I hear that is want try to get Scola is Panathinaikos. I do not see him leave the NBA because I think Rockets should realize he is worth a lot by now. I think Scola should get bigger contract in NBA than Manu.

gaKNOW!blee
03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
He only won one Euroleague before when he was in Europe. Euroleague is a very serious league. One player does not = a championship. Not even Kobe or LeBron would assure a championship.

I think Real Madrid would have good chance with their team now (which is one of the better ones already in Europe) with add Manu. But for sure they would have much competition and I do not think would even be favorites.

I am very interest in what happen with them this summer because the latest rumor is they want Manu and Spanoulis. My two favorite players and I would love to see such back court.

Yes they would.

mogrovejo
03-23-2010, 02:27 PM
They have a 30 million euros budget. Higher than budget of Barca and PAO. It does not really matter that they cut their budget. Actually their budget cuts was hardly even basketball players related. They had for example a private leer jet for team flights. They stopped using it and used commercial flights to save money.

They let Messina go. They let players that cost a lot and were not playing go. Really they have just as expensive rotation as they did last season.

Thanks for conceding that they indeed cut their budget. :toast Keep paying attention and you may actually learn something about European baskebtall. Btw, they let a guy called Erazem Lorbek walk.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes they would.

No they would not. There is pure zone defense in Euroleague. LeBron would take half the season just to adjust.

I remember every American in this forum guarantee Childress would average 30, win MVP and win Euroleague.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for conceding that they indeed cut their budget. :toast Keep paying attention and you may actually learn something about European baskebtall. Btw, they let a guy called Erazem Lorbek walk.

You don't know anything about it. You say Rubio is best point guard in Europe. This is pure bull shit.

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 05:46 PM
The only team I hear that is want try to get Scola is Panathinaikos. I do not see him leave the NBA because I think Rockets should realize he is worth a lot by now. I think Scola should get bigger contract in NBA than Manu.

:rollin

ElNono
03-23-2010, 11:13 PM
All the championship contenders are well over the cap. He could get 10M/yr from a team with cap space or take the MLE from a contender, but top money while playing for a championship contender isn't in the cards. His best combination of money and team success will still probably be with the Spurs.

Sure it's in the cards. He can sign a deal with a non-contender, then get traded to a contender for expirings/picks/money... The only limit really is the 3 year contract length...

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 03:36 AM
http://www.talkbasket.net/news/real-madrid-preparing-a-bid-for-manu-ginobili-2946.html

Real Madrid preparing a bid for Manu Ginobili

Real's coach Ettore Messina is looking to add another top quality player in his quest to win Euroleague title with the Spanish giants. San Antonio Spurs Argentinian star Manu Ginobili could be wearing the colours of Real Madrid next season. Spanish journalist Ramon Trecet confirmed the rumours about the interest of Los Blancos in bringing 32-year-old veteran on his Twitter account.

Ginobili was 2001 Euroleague champion with Kinder Bologna who was coached by Ettore Messina at the time. Two years later Ginobili went to NBA where he became one of the key players at San Antonio Spurs. During seven seasons in San Antonio Ginobili won three NBA titles.

Individually best season in NBA for Ginobili was in 2007-2008 when he averaged 19.5 points. This season Manu averages 15.3 points and 4.8 assists per game for the Spurs.

DMX7
03-24-2010, 03:48 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a75/lazenby19691969/108czevsesp01.jpg?t=1269352758

They can't play in the Astrodome. That place is scheduled for demolition soon.

Michi_Germany
03-24-2010, 03:58 AM
http://www.talkbasket.net/news/real-madrid-preparing-a-bid-for-manu-ginobili-2946.html

Real Madrid preparing a bid for Manu Ginobili

Real's coach Ettore Messina is looking to add another top quality player in his quest to win Euroleague title with the Spanish giants. San Antonio Spurs Argentinian star Manu Ginobili could be wearing the colours of Real Madrid next season. Spanish journalist Ramon Trecet confirmed the rumours about the interest of Los Blancos in bringing 32-year-old veteran on his Twitter account.

Ginobili was 2001 Euroleague champion with Kinder Bologna who was coached by Ettore Messina at the time. Two years later Ginobili went to NBA where he became one of the key players at San Antonio Spurs. During seven seasons in San Antonio Ginobili won three NBA titles.

Individually best season in NBA for Ginobili was in 2007-2008 when he averaged 19.5 points. This season Manu averages 15.3 points and 4.8 assists per game for the Spurs.

They can prepare whatever they want. Manu won't leave the NBA. He is a competitor and as long he plays on such a high level he'll compete with the best players in the world. Perhaps when he's 37 he'll leave for a contract in Europe.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
he should have no problem getting a multi-year contract worth somewhere in the area of $10 million/year playing for a contender.

He can sign a deal with a non-contender, then get traded to a contender for expirings/picks/money...

Yeah, that's saying the same thing.

:wakeup

ata
03-24-2010, 07:30 AM

Really? http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3497994

Because of unfulfilled obligations by the club, Boki terminated the contract with Dynamo Moscow and on May 18th become a free agent.
http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/05/nachbar-is-free-from-dynamo.html

ElNono
03-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, that's saying the same thing.

:wakeup

:lol

Ultimately, it's the result that matters... :wakeup

sabar
03-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Manu doesn't want to play with scrubs for a few extra dollars. He knows where the real competition is at. Plus for every euro club that wants to over-pay someone, there are the new york knicks.

mogrovejo
03-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks for lecturing me about the decline of CSKA's budget and them letting a starter like Lorbek walk away for nothing.

Np, you're welcome. :toast

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Really? http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3497994

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/05/nachbar-is-free-from-dynamo.html

And one week later he said ESPN made it up and he got all his money.

cheguevara
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM

not to mention Manu + family would be getting free health insurance. Rather than paying on their own.

cheguevara
03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Manu doesn't want to play with scrubs for a few extra dollars. He knows where the real competition is at. Plus for every euro club that wants to over-pay someone, there are the new york knicks.

so 10+ million a year is "extra few dollars"???

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
SAN ANTONIO - Manu Ginobili's agent Herb Rudoy tells News 4 WOAI that the Spurs star guard will finish his career in the NBA.

Internet reports surfaced over the past few days that Real Madrid in Spain is interested in signing Ginobili as a free agent this summer. According to the reports, Real Madrid was prepared to offer Ginobili ten million euros or the equivalent of thirteen million U.S. dollars.

“Manu will finish his career in the NBA,” Rudoy told News 4 WOAI sports director Don Harris. “I don't know who reported that, but they didn't talk to me.”

Rudoy also said he talks to Spurs general manager R.C. Buford often, but said that a contract extension isn't close at this time.

“There's nothing new going on there. I talk to R.C. all the time. Manu wants to finish his career as a Spur,” Rudoy said. “R.C. is in Europe right now, and when he comes back I am sure we will talk again."

Ginobili is in the final year of a deal that pays him ten million dollars this season. The Spurs have exclusive negotiating rights until July 1. Ginobili will then become an unrestricted free agent.

http://www.woai.com/content/blogs/don/story/Manu-Ginobili-wont-play-for-Real-Madrid/RRMIDArM1EWr8mg40Ow_jg.cspx

TheSullyMonster
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
not to mention Manu + family would be getting free health insurance. Rather than paying on their own.

I somehow doubt that's a significant portion of his $10,000,000 salary.

ata
03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
And one week later he said ESPN made it up and he got all his money.

Bullshit. Provide a link or STFU

So why he is he playing for Efes right now?

DAF86
03-25-2010, 04:53 PM

I see what you did there, he. I can't bealive how people can argue against free health care.

mogrovejo
03-25-2010, 05:06 PM
I see what you did there, he. I can't bealive how people can argue against free health care.

Maybe because free health care is so fucking expensive? Assuming we're talking about the "free" health-care available in Spain.

DAF86
03-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe because free health care is so fucking expensive? Assuming we're talking about the "free" health-care available in Spain.

I don't know Spain's particular case, I'm talking about the "free health care" that doesn't let people die on the streets because they don't have enough money.

mogrovejo
03-25-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know Spain's particular case, I'm talking about the "free health care" that doesn't let people die on the streets because they don't have enough money.

Where is that? It must be some place where doctors and nurses work without being paid, hospitals are made out of thin air, pharmaceutical companies don't pay their researchers, factory workers, salesmen and investors, etc., etc.

DAF86
03-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Where is that? It must be some place where doctors and nurses work without being paid, hospitals are made out of thin air, pharmaceutical companies don't pay their researchers, factory workers, salesmen and investors, etc., etc.

No, it's in a place where nobody has more nor less than they need.

mogrovejo
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
No, it's in a place where nobody has more nor less than they need.

Yeah, with you deciding how much each one needs.

DAF86
03-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, with you deciding how much each one needs.

No, with common sense deciding that.

I think most people will agree that a guy that can't afford a medical treatment has less than what he needs and a guy that spends thousands of dollars on pet's bodyguards has more than what he needs.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
US culture is far behind rest of world. Americans do not even realize they are a joke to rest of world that they argue people have no right to health care.

mogrovejo
03-25-2010, 05:53 PM
No, with common sense deciding that..

Who's that guy?

ata
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
US culture is far behind rest of world. Americans do not even realize they are a joke to rest of world that they argue people have no right to health care.

I guess you want to be banned again.

z0sa
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.woai.com/content/blogs/don/story/Manu-Ginobili-wont-play-for-Real-Madrid/RRMIDArM1EWr8mg40Ow_jg.cspx

KBP's so stupid.

Dex
03-26-2010, 12:43 PM
They must not have right answers in Greece either.

z0sa
03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Manu shot that rumor down real quick. :lol

TimDunkem
03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Who's that guy?
:toast

mogrovejo
03-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Manu shot that rumor down real quick. :lol

:nope

En ese sentido, el argentino no descarta volver a Europa y hacerlo en las filas de un grande. "No hay nada descartado. Prefiero quedarme en la NBA, pero si no me ofrecen lo que espero, no dudaría en poder ir a Madrid o Barcelona. A un buen equipo, un lugar donde merezca la pena", concluyó.

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=700423&idseccio_PK=808

Translation:

I don't rule out returning to Europe at all. I'd rather stay in the NBA, but if I dont' get the offers I'm expecting, I'd have no regrets in going to Barcelona or Madrid, good teams and places where it's great to be.

-

As I've said, he'll stay in the NBA barring some type of collective insanity from the league GMs, but if there's a NBA superstar who would play in Europe during his prime it's Ginobili.

Hemotivo
03-30-2010, 11:12 PM
manu said "ahh bueno" when he heard about the Real Madrid thing

something like "c'mon!"

mffl89
03-30-2010, 11:27 PM
No. This is what it looks like during games.

http://www.cadenaser.com/recorte/20090112csrcsrdep_8/XLCO/Ies/Vista-general-Palacio-Deportes-Comunidad-Madrid.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/rs/13271/56111b53-c236-44aa-a447-40f4f8703ee2/4e3/rglang/en-US/filename/inside-of-palacio-de-deportes-comunidad-de-madrid.jpg

The Houston Rockets arena is half that full during games.

Um...the second one is during a Houston Comets game.