PDA

View Full Version : Video of Dick Jeffersons zero effort?

Fabbs
03-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Can any of you techo people give us a video of the play of Al Horford going over Timmy Dunks back for the tip in to make it 67-63 ATL. As an ATL player launches a three, Horford is standing at the freethrow line. Jefferson is guarding NO ONE, is standing at about the mini arc. As the ball is in the air, Soft Dick makes Zero, none, nada attempt to block out Horford. Can we get a vid?

Hardly the only time in the game Soft Dick failed to box out. But the most glaring.

Post Game Quotes
Richard Jefferson

“There’s no excuses for this loss on a back-to-back. Popovich does a great job of getting us prepared for games. It’s not the best case scenario to play in a overtime loss but it’s been done before. This was an important game and you have to play like it’s important no matter the circumstances. This game was going to be hard regardless. We have to play more consistent and tonight we had great opportunities. Give the Hawks a lot of credit, they made the plays when they needed to. We put ourselves in a good position to win on the road against a quality team. A bounce here, a steal there we would have been able to get a win.”

Watching Popazit give Timmy Dunks no defensive paint help is :depressed

Cane
03-22-2010, 10:09 AM
That was a bad play but a shittier play was when only Duncan was trying to go for a loose ball that all the Spurs thought was going out of bounds. What a lack of hustle.

dbestpro
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Richard is a small forward. His job is to box out his man unless there is a rotation. Hoford is a center. That was Tim's man to box out as he had not rotated. While were at is I guess we can blame RJ for the coaching and for the refs too.

Fabbs
03-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Richard is a small forward. His job is to box out his man unless there is a rotation. Hoford is a center. That was Tim's man to box out as he had not rotated. While were at is I guess we can blame RJ for the coaching and for the refs too.
"Since it's not Jeffersons man, he has no responsibility to box out".
Idiotic summary.
Watch the play.

tp2021
03-22-2010, 11:09 AM
RJ might have given 0 effort, but to say Tim was lax going for that board would also be an understatement: he waited for the ball to land in his lap. Horford wanted it more.

Tim is the leader...he'll be the first to take blame for that sequence. And this is an instance where it is mostly his blame to shoulder. Sure, he has little help in the paint, but on that one play, Tim knows more than anybody who saw it that it was all on him for expecting the rebound to fall into his lap.

Maybe thats just a microcosm of the Spurs season...expecting greatness, achieving none, getting outplayed and having less desire than the young teams and players; being able to make a game of it, but ultimately fading out.

Fabbs
03-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes, Tim could have and should have boxed out better and went up for the ball after the ball bounced off the rim.

I'm talking about when the ball left the shooters hand and before it bounced off the rim. While the ball was in the air. Dicks man ran away from the rim, was running out towards the three point line and continuing. Dick had literally NO ONE to guard.

Could it be Tim is simply fatigued from 4 years of Pops small ball bullshit and rebounding pansys like Finley, Bonner, and Soft Dick being given as *help* in the defensive paint? Answer has got to be "yes".

99% on Dick. 1% on Tim.

wildbill2u
03-22-2010, 11:45 AM
There were a couple of plays where Horford simply went over Tim's back to tip the ball in or get a rebound. Several times we had guys between the Hawks players and the basket--but nobody pushed them out of the area NEAR the basket. It wouldn't matter if the Hawks can jump and Tim can't if they were unable to reach the ball with their arms extended.

I've noticed a lot of sloppy boxing out this season and there is no reason for it. The Hawks were doing a lot of boxing out on their end of the floor and getting offensive rebounds as a reward for their effort.

It all comes down to 'want to." And sometimes we just don't have that attitude. Manu can't force his will-to-win attitude on them all the time.

Fabbs
03-22-2010, 11:54 AM
There were a couple of plays where Horford simply went over Tim's back to tip the ball in or get a rebound. Several times we had guys between the Hawks players and the basket--but nobody pushed them out of the area NEAR the basket. It wouldn't matter if the Hawks can jump and Tim can't if they were unable to reach the ball with their arms extended.

I've noticed a lot of sloppy boxing out this season and there is no reason for it. The Hawks were doing a lot of boxing out on their end of the floor and getting offensive rebounds as a reward for their effort.

It all comes down to 'want to." And sometimes we just don't have that attitude. Manu can't force his will-to-win attitude on them all the time.
Bing bing bing bing. That was Horfords 5th offensive rebound and the Hawks 15th. At only the 3rd qtr point!
And Jefferson is amoung, if not the, worst.
Popabitch stood right there and didn't say or do a thing. Yet a bit later he was bitching at Blair. Spare us the acting.

Lets see some video!

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Jefferson also missed 2 crucial rotations on Horford's 2 clutch jump shots when Duncan went to trap Johnson on the baseline..sad..

The Truth #6
03-22-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm not expecting him to change into a more rounded player, though that would be nice. Hopefully he can continue to play well on offense and then the rest of his game will improve.

GabeIsGone
03-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Jefferson also missed 2 crucial rotations on Horford's 2 clutch jump shots when Duncan went to trap Johnson on the baseline..sad..
I don't think those were missed rotations though. I think they intentionally doubled JJ and wanted Horford to take those shots.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't think those were missed rotations though. I think they intentionally doubled JJ and wanted Horford to take those shots.

I thought about that too, but I would hope not, that's a stupid strategy..the guy shoots 44% on jumpers, he shouldn't be left completely wide open on jump shots in clutch time..I don't think Pop planned on that, I really hope not, but it's possible..

dbestpro
03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Maybe if we had two legit bigs on the floor most of the time we wouldn't be bitching about a guy being unsuccessful while playing out of postion. The fact is there are not a whole lot of SFs in this league who can play post defense or are looking to block out athletic centers when the center is past the foul line and your center is already down low.

TJastal
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes, Tim could have and should have boxed out better and went up for the ball after the ball bounced off the rim.

I'm talking about when the ball left the shooters hand and before it bounced off the rim. While the ball was in the air. Dicks man ran away from the rim, was running out towards the three point line and continuing. Dick had literally NO ONE to guard.

Could it be Tim is simply fatigued from 4 years of Pops small ball bullshit and rebounding pansys like Finley, Bonner, and Soft Dick being given as *help* in the defensive paint? Answer has got to be "yes".

99% on Dick. 1% on Tim.

IIRC Bonner decided to chase Dick's man out there compounding the issue of having no bigs in the paint.

This is what happens when you play perimeter big men like Bonner they are so used to running out to the 3pt line on offense it becomes a habit even on 'D'

DPG21920
03-22-2010, 06:23 PM
RJ has been giving great effort and you want to single out one play? When they gave up 20+ offensive rebounds? So silly.

TJastal
03-22-2010, 06:31 PM
RJ has been giving great effort and you want to single out one play? When they gave up 20+ offensive rebounds? So silly.

It really wasn't even RJ's fault. He probably saw Bonner running out to his man and hesitated, figuring somebody better stay near the paint.

Bonner leaving the paint and Duncan not giving any effort were the problems not Jefferson (can anyone really blame Duncan though, he's been manning the paint alone all year once AGAIN)

Spursfan092120
03-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Fucking ridiculous. RJ has played great lately, stepping up his game and hustling as much as anyone on the damn court, and you want to take one play where you replayed it and noticed he didn't box out a damn Center? Get a fucking life, dude.

ezzizle
03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
I agree, RJ's been playing great after TP went down.
Stop lol-agagging and cut the molarchy.

Fabbs
03-22-2010, 10:00 PM
IIRC Bonner decided to chase Dick's man out there compounding the issue of having no bigs in the paint.
No. Bonehead ran back after the Spurs bucket and set up in the middle of the paint. Not guarding anyone really, Spurs might have been in a zone. Dicks man started to drive from the arc towards the hoop. He stopped about 14 feet out, jumped, and passed the ball over the paint to ATL man who was posted up on the other side just inside the arc. When Dicks man stopped, Bonehead, thinking Dicks man was gonna shoot, left the middle of the paint and put a body on an ATL who was down on the block. Upon realizing Dicks man did not shoot and seeing the pass, Bonehead took off for the arc ATL guy to try to make some kind of shot disturbance. You know, late but better then nothing. Dicks man, repeat, after passing the ball, ran backwords twoards the three point line. There stood Dick, not an ATL guy near him except Horford standing at the foul line.

dbestpro
Maybe if we had two legit bigs on the floor most of the time we wouldn't be bitching about a guy being unsuccessful while playing out of postion. The fact is there are not a whole lot of SFs in this league who can play post defense or are looking to block out athletic centers when the center is past the foul line and your center is already down low.
True, yet on a play like this it's team basketball 101 to box out, whatever your height may be vs whatever the opponents might be. That is learned in 6th grade basketball, if not sooner. Eric_Park or Mugsey Bogues could have stood in front of Horford for a half second and it would have made the rebound uncontested for Duncan.

We'll see if someone can get a vid up.

Fabbs
03-22-2010, 10:09 PM
yes, I'm just singling out one play. :rolleyes

For qualifying forwards (and if anyone can tell us where NBA.com states what is "qualifying" but I'm assuming it's something like 25 min per game)....
Amoung 76 qualifying forwards, Dick Jeffersons 5.6 boards per 48 is
73rd of 76

Amoung all forwards irregardless of minutes played, Dick is
154th of 169

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...ager.offset=50

Spursfan092120
Fucking ridiculous. RJ has played great lately, stepping up his game and hustling as much as anyone on the damn court, and you want to take one play where you replayed it and noticed he didn't box out a damn Center? Get a fucking life, dude.
See above stat sweetie.
Also, it is true my life does not consist of thinking about Dick Jefferson and Luke Waltons asses. Ever.

Carry on.

DPG21920
03-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Look recently girl.

Spursfan092120
03-22-2010, 11:22 PM
yes, I'm just singling out one play. :rolleyes

For qualifying forwards (and if anyone can tell us where NBA.com states what is "qualifying" but I'm assuming it's something like 25 min per game)....
Amoung 76 qualifying forwards, Dick Jeffersons 5.6 boards per 48 is
73rd of 76

Amoung all forwards irregardless of minutes played, Dick is
154th of 169

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...ager.offset=50

Spursfan092120
See above stat sweetie.
Also, it is true my life does not consist of thinking about Dick Jefferson and Luke Waltons asses. Ever.

Carry on.
God..what a dildo...like rebounding is the only thing that matters. RJ is a small forward....he plays on the wing...Power forwards play under the rim..OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE MORE REBOUNDS!! He's averaging 18 points and 8 rebounds in his last four games. Shut your pie hole.

Fabbs
03-24-2010, 12:15 AM
God I'd like a dildo from Luke and RJ...like rebounding is the only thing that matters. RJ is a small forward....he plays on the wing...Power forwards play under the rim..OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE MORE REBOUNDS!! He's averaging 18 points and 8 rebounds in his last four games. Shut your pie hole.
Are you really this dense or is this Mouse with yet another troll profile?
Dick is 74th of 79 forwards. Does it dawn on you if you take out all the power forwards that Dick will still be about 30th out of 32?

Nice little 6 game stretch by Dick i agree. Woops it ended at OKCity. Well lets see how he does against the Lakers and Cavs, shall we?

Rain318
03-24-2010, 12:39 AM
turn the volume down on that bitching please
rj has been playing great lately
threads like this make it easy to find out who are true spur fans and whiny band-wagoners
But this is human nature i guess people care more about finding out whose fault something is aside from trying to actually fix the problem
i bet i can find a clip of every player on the spurs giving zero effort on a play
but why bitch about it?

Waps1980
03-24-2010, 03:13 AM
RJ was the first to admit his lack of form.
He looks to be now turning his form around, why bash him when he deserves credit for his great play of late.

Also perhaps his lack of bigman play/stats might be to do with Pop playing him PF or C did you ever think about that.
Ever since playing him SF he has been getting solid stats.

Fabbs
03-24-2010, 11:34 PM
i bet i can find a clip of every player on the spurs giving zero effort on a play
You find us one where Manu GNob plays like Soft Dick. And Dick did it again tonight, a no-boxout zero effort that lead to another easy over the back for Gasol over Duncan. Dick with NO ONE to guard, just stood there. Again.

Btw, where are you Dick Apologists now?

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Jefferson running away from Kobe's baseline, dagger 3 was one of the worst plays I've ever seen in my life as an NBA fan or even a basketball fan in general..what the fuck was that?..seriously?..

Spurs Brazil
03-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Jefferson running away from Kobe's baseline, dagger 3 was one of the worst plays I've ever seen in my life as an NBA fan or even a basketball fan in general..what the fuck was that?..seriously?..

For me that's the biggest problem with RJ and Dice, they're too dumb. They don't have a clue about team D and rotations.

We can complain all we want about Bonner D, but he knows where he need to be, the same with Oberto, Barry, Ferry, even Finley

All those guys are not good defenders but they understood the defense schemes

Chomag
03-25-2010, 02:51 PM

Heh, Yep I yelled so loud "Jefferson WTF are you doing!" That my wife came downstairs wondering what the hell was wrong with me. :lol

in2deep
03-25-2010, 03:41 PM
thank you finally a Dick hating thread.

That asshole deserves a thread for every minute of his shitty performance.

in2deep
03-25-2010, 03:43 PM

thank you too!!!!

good thing I was holding my baby at the time or I would have broken the shit out of my 42" tv.

Hill came up to bitch at him and RJ screamed back. I was like wtf??? Gotta be RJ's fault. After the commercials: RJ on the bench, Hill on the floor :bang:bang:bang:bang

objective
03-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Jefferson = Ime -heart -toughness +occasional dunks +$14,000,000

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I still can't get over that play..

I'm sure it was a missed rotation, but JEFFERSON PICKED KOBE UP..then he stares at him, Kobe's at the 3-point line getting ready to make a move, Jefferson just ASSUMES another player is going to pick him up, even though there wasn't another player even near him..he literally RUNS UNDER THE BASKET AND LEAVES KOBE FUCKING BRYANT WIDE OPEN FOR A 3 ON THE BASELINE..he RAN away from him..seriously? what the fuck?..

He cost us the game with the fake rotation against Al Horford twice on his clutch shots(yes, we lost due to other reasons too, but his poor D here was big) and now he does this..Jefferson was never like this in New Jersey during their playoff days, I guess he picked up some really bad habits, the guy is a fucking idiot and a coward..love to murpf and Ringo and those guys that called it from the get-go..

Brazil
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Jefferson = Ime -heart -toughness +occasional dunks +$14,000,000

:lmao Imagine the same equation when TP will return in the lineup it will be:

Jefferson = Bogans -heart -toughness +occasional dunks +$14,000,000

edit: yes I think Ime > Bogans

Chomag
03-25-2010, 05:53 PM
edit: yes I think All of NBA > Bogans

Fixed. Well maybe not but you have to admit it would be a valid argument :lol

Brazil
03-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Fixed. Well maybe not but you have to admit it would be a valid argument :lol

:lol I think you're right

Seriously he is not but we can argue about him being the weakest nba rotation player with a PT > 25 mn a game.

temujin
03-25-2010, 06:01 PM
I watched Madrid-Barcelona tonight.

I just don't think jefferson would have played in that game.
Not a single minute in that dogfight.

Not with Messina.

How he manages to play in the NBA is a tribute to those regular season 82 games, that for most teams are so irrelevant.

How he manages to extract 14 millions out of somebody's pocket is beyond reality.