PDA

View Full Version : So, we are playing the Lakers on Wednesday....

lefty
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
So, will Pop go CIA? :hat:wakeup

tdunk21
03-22-2010, 03:58 PM
if we play real bad and secure the 8th playoff spot...wednesday's game could be a preview of 1st round.....

dbestpro
03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Pop's master plan has been using Bogans to post up Gasol since the beginning of the season.

boutons_deux
03-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Spurs probably won't win a game this week.

0-5 Sunday to Sunday.

dbestpro
03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Just chalk it up as another loss in your pathetic season.:lol

Lombardi once said, "A good loser is a consistant loser but a bad winner is a worthless piece of trash."

lefty
03-22-2010, 08:57 PM
zIGHiWmeu1s
That's what I call being off-topic :donkey

ezzizle
03-22-2010, 09:23 PM

so, uh how did the Lakers do in the 04-05-06 seasons ?

san antonio spurs
03-22-2010, 09:48 PM
zIGHiWmeu1s

I didn't watch the game...man that was NASTY:wow

8FOR!3
03-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I can actually see us beating LA on Wednesday. Just on a situational basis if anything.

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 10:26 PM
so, uh how did the Lakers do in the 04-05-06 seasons ?

So how did the Spurs do in the 08 playoffs when they faced a Lakers team with TWO injured starters? :flag:

Kamala
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Obviously the Lakers are a good squad.
That being said the Laker boys are due for a karate kid crane style kick to the fuckin face.

FeZZy
03-22-2010, 10:31 PM
bitches

TDMVPDPOY
03-22-2010, 10:31 PM
against the lakers is winnable....lets ride this out on gino and ghill3s flow

Shastafarian
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM

My prediction is you, being the pussy you are, won't show yourself here if the Spurs win.

ElNono
03-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Ftl

Shastafarian
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
So how did the Spurs do in the 08 playoffs when they faced a Lakers team with TWO injured starters? :flag:

Another huge pussy who won't be here if somehow the Spurs win. The only Laker fan I can see showing up is Allanon.

ElNono
03-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Manu scores 483 points and we win in 12th OT... Book it!

ElNono
03-22-2010, 10:38 PM
against the lakers is winnable....lets ride this out on gino and ghill3s flow

Yeah, I'm more worried about the game we have against a contender on Friday...

21_Blessings
03-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Manu scores 483 points and we win in 12th OT... Book it!

Manu wouldn't do that to his future team. Sorta like Horry against the Spurs in 2003.

ElNono
03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Manu wouldn't do that to his future team.

Manu is going to a contender...

Kamala
03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
The Lakers have definitely slapped around the Spurs on many occasions without a doubt.
.03 by Fischer is my most painful memory.

Shutting down The Great West Forum in 99 was great and most of all beating them down in 2003 and getting the Lakers to cry like pussy bitches on their home floor was one of the best double dip cream dream thrill rides of my life.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2010, 10:43 PM
I expect a loss, but it's a winnable game..there's pretty much no chance of beating the Cavs IMO, so hopefully the Spurs can beat LA and/or Boston..

Solid D
03-22-2010, 10:49 PM
It's time to dust off and use the old fake timeout play.

I'll be there Wed. cheering them on!

Hemotivo
03-22-2010, 10:51 PM

:tu

lefty
03-22-2010, 10:55 PM

Oh man I remember that; it was game 1 or 2 of the 2002 series vs L.A

And have fun

TD 21
03-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I expect a loss, but it's a winnable game..there's pretty much no chance of beating the Cavs IMO, so hopefully the Spurs can beat LA and/or Boston..

I was more confident before this game (because I thought the Spurs would get blown out wall to wall and come in highly motivated), but I still think the Spurs will win this game.

Not having Bynum changes the entire dynamic of the Lakers team. Gone is their size advantage inside and gone is their single credible off the bench player and now Blair should be able to play against them because he can match up with Powell, instead of Odom.

So long as the Spurs aren't completely dead legged from this grueling back to back, I like their chances. Ginobili is playing at a level close to Bryant right now, Duncan is back on track and he won't have to deal with Bynum and I feel that McDyess and Mason are due for a stretch of games where they play well.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2010, 11:06 PM
I just hope Duncan goes hard at Gasol..when he goes hard against him, Gasol can't stop him..unfortunately, Duncan settles too often and lets Gasol's length bother him..shit, it's not only against Gasol, he lacks aggression against a lot of defenders way too often at times..

ElNono
03-22-2010, 11:08 PM
I like it for a different reason. We're supposed to lose this game. There's really no pressure. Our plus is that we're playing at home, and we've been playing well there.
If we win it's a great confidence booster, and if we don't you chalk it up to the Lakers being the second best team in the league.

Baseline
03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Starting Manu is such a huge key for us. If we come out amd play well in the first quarter against LA, we'll do fine, and maybe even win. But if we come out flat, it'll be a long night.

Back when Finley started, we nearly always came out flat, but Manu's presence on the court makes us a formidable team right out of the gate.

It'll be interesting to see what we've got. Don't forget that the Lakers haven't had to deal with a healthy Manu for a long, long time.

TD 21
03-22-2010, 11:28 PM
I just hope Duncan goes hard at Gasol..when he goes hard against him, Gasol can't stop him..unfortunately, Duncan settles too often and lets Gasol's length bother him..shit, it's not only against Gasol, he lacks aggression against a lot of defenders way too often at times..

I think he's pacing himself for the playoffs. Maybe he's wearing down some and experiencing some pain in his knees, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as last season and at this point, I think he wants to keep something int he tank for the playoffs.

I'd love to see him destroy Gasol too, so all these uninformed analysts can stop disrespecting Duncan by pretending that Gasol is the most skilled big man in the game. Duncan is still easily the better, more skilled player of the two, even if the gap has closed. Even with Duncan being down to 240 and Gasol being at 250, Duncan can still probably overpower Gasol on the block if he wants to.

Calavera
03-23-2010, 06:30 AM
I hope George Hill will play Kobe like he did few months ago! Bonner and Mason Jr. have to be sharp at the 3 and we`ll have some chances for the win. Under the basket Duncan Dyess and Blair have to show that they are good enough to contend with the big fellows in this league. I hope Hairston gets more minutes, his D is outstanding right now, it would be priceless to see him lock down some ot the LA`s mismatches (Odom,Artest...)

TheManFromAcme
03-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Going to be at that game. :toast
I am looking for the Spurs to come out with some major intensity here with some carry over from the OKC game. L.A. would have had a 2 day rest which usually amounts to some complacency and flat out laziness from our boys in purple in gold.

or

L.A. comes out with some fire of their own and try to strangle the Spurs.

In either case, I am looking for a close one here. Toss up at this point.

Here's to a good game. :toast

ezau
03-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Nothing is better than watching the Lakers and Spurs go at it. I like our chances in this game

spursbird
03-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Can somebody tell me what CIA means?

pookenstein
03-23-2010, 07:34 AM
I hope George Hill will play Kobe like he did few months ago! Bonner and Mason Jr. have to be sharp at the 3 and we`ll have some chances for the win. Under the basket Duncan Dyess and Blair have to show that they are good enough to contend with the big fellows in this league. I hope Hairston gets more minutes, his D is outstanding right now, it would be priceless to see him lock down some ot the LA`s mismatches (Odom,Artest...)

+1.
Mason was huge against OKC. His shots helped us a lot coming back from a 14 point deficite. Hope he can keep it up.

Although I also hope that Malik gets some time I highly doubt it. I saw Pop pulling him out immediately, after he wasn't at the right right spot for Manus pass in the third. Pop was yelling at him and Hairston was done for the game.

pookenstein
03-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Can somebody tell me what CIA means?

I think it means that Pop isn't showing all he's got, so he has some surpising plays (or whatever else) come Playofftime.
But please correct me if I'm wrong with this one.

austN Spur
03-23-2010, 07:41 AM
I really hope the spurs rebound and defend from the barely beginning ofthe game. we average giving up about 30 in the first quarter it feels like, so hopefully that 2nd half hustle from last nights game returns on Wednesday night

lefty
03-23-2010, 09:15 AM
I think it means that Pop isn't showing all he's got, so he has some surpising plays (or whatever else) come Playofftime.
But please correct me if I'm wrong with this one.
You are correct sir

VBM
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM
My only concern is that this is a nationally televised game...we're screwed.

Rummpd
03-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Dear Lakers Fan

Sure talking smack for a non dominant team - I for one hope the Spurs fall to 8th in the seedings (as a healthy Spurs team with Ginobili and Hill playing the way they are - will not fear the Lakers mystique, and should not - bring it on.)

Solid D
03-23-2010, 01:35 PM
You are correct sir

+ a reference to Pop's brief international AF stint in intelligence.

jjktkk
03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
These next 2 games will really tell us if the Spurs recent good play is legit, or fools gold.

Allanon
03-23-2010, 02:18 PM
1st round preview.

Solid D
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
+ a reference to Pop's brief international AF stint in intelligence.

The National Post article excerpts re: CIA Pop

http://www.nationalpost.com/scripts/story.html?id=67824e36-aaf6-4445-86a7-41440589441b&k=32409

"He just lives to be who he is," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said this week. "He's always been that. Look at his history. It's not a typical march into coaching: The [Air Force] Academy, spy school. He's a different individual.

"How many go become spies if they like being with other people? That's not a good fit. He likes being by himself. He likes going walking in the vineyards and smelling the roses, and I think he stayed true to himself."

Popovich's road to this place, as Buford noted, went through Soviet studies at the Air Force Academy, espionage training, six years in the military and some time playing for the Army basketball team.

And the game grabbed him. So instead of being a spy, Popovich became a coach (Could he have whipped the CIA into a disciplined, successful organization?).

Spur|n|Austin
03-23-2010, 04:56 PM
My prediction is you, being the pussy you are, won't show yourself here if the Spurs win.

Good prediction.

DPG21920
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
No Bynum. Game does not count.

murpjf88
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
I like it for a different reason. We're supposed to lose this game. There's really no pressure. Our plus is that we're playing at home, and we've been playing well there.
If we win it's a great confidence booster, and if we don't you chalk it up to the Lakers being the second best team in the league.

even if were suppose to lose there's a lot of pressure to win this game. A win guarantees a split in the season series. They are trying to avoid a first round series matchup with the lakers and they can't continue to lose the games their suppose to lose.

Playing without Bynum evens the playing field. Odom is also playing with an injured shoulder. The Spurs, playing at home should be able to take this one just as long as Kobe doesn't have his typical 40+ point game against the spurs

ElNono
03-23-2010, 11:19 PM
even if were suppose to lose there's a lot of pressure to win this game. A win guarantees a split in the season series. They are trying to avoid a first round series matchup with the lakers and they can't continue to lose the games their suppose to lose.

Playing without Bynum evens the playing field. Odom is also playing with an injured shoulder. The Spurs, playing at home should be able to take this one just as long as Kobe doesn't have his typical 40+ point game against the spurs

I'm not saying we're going to roll over and pretend we're dead. But I don't see any pressure at all, on either team really. Sure, we could argue we're trying to avoid LA in the 1st round, but it's not like losing this game will lock you on the 8th seed. And to be honest, I don't even think the coaching staff is thinking about anything else other than trying to get better as a group. This is about going out there, and competing. If we win, great, and if we don't then we'll try again Friday against the Cavs.

NRHector
03-24-2010, 12:02 AM
The Spurs will be victoriuos tomorrow night because Manu won't let's lose and Kobe is playing. :toast

LoneStarState'sPride
03-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Spurs lose a VERY close game down the stretch, but Manu continues his resurgence and Hill continues to impress.

deadpool
03-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Manu is playing pissed off right now and Hill is killing it.I think it's gonna be close but,we win this game tomorrow night.

Allanon
03-24-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm glad Vujacic is back; Lakers will need him to stop Manu.

ezau
03-24-2010, 01:37 AM

Vujacic is going to own Manu bigtime :lol

FilSpursFan
03-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Without TP, there's no way we could win over LAL. But I forsee a good game... See you in the Playoffs..

gospursgojas
03-24-2010, 07:42 AM
spurs win giving us false hope.

this

Russ
03-24-2010, 08:30 AM
The Lakers are pointing to this game. They are still very aware of the Spurs (and still wrongly think they may face the Spurs in the 1st round).

The Spurs better show up ready to go. :flag:

Phenomanul
03-24-2010, 01:13 PM

I can totally envision Manu playing with an added incentive tonight... to specifically humble Sasha... a meg or two is in order... especially after Vujacic professed to be a Manu-stopper after the '08 series (despite the fact that Manu was playing on a broken ankle)...

YOU will remember this post.

Allanon
03-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Vujacic is going to own Manu bigtime :lol

I can totally envision Manu playing with an added incentive tonight... to specifically humble Sasha... a meg or two is on order... especially after Vujajic professed to be a Manu-stopper after the '08 series (despite the fact that Manu was playing on a broken ankle)...

YOU will remember this post.

Good answers. :lol

cheguevara
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
The Lakers have definitely slapped around the Spurs on many occasions without a doubt.
.03 by Fischer is my most painful memory.

Shutting down The Great West Forum in 99 was great and most of all beating them down in 2003 and getting the Lakers to cry like pussy bitches on their home floor was one of the best double dip cream dream thrill rides of my life.

thanks for reminding me of this :tu

TheMACHINE
03-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Key match up:

Sasha vs Manu

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/2525612446_fd4dce2e8a.jpg

lefty
03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
No the key matchup is Bonner-Bynum

Bynum won't play, but so won't Bonner, even if he is gonna be on the court

tothrowed
03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
SPURS WIN BY 14 MARK THIS DOWN
http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1255

Allanon
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
SPURS WIN BY 14 MARK THIS DOWN
http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1255

Seriously, y'all have to get together and have a Spurfan convention or something.

You have to figure out if Kobe is Gay or a Rapist; doesn't really make sense for him to be both since Faber was a chick... Carry on. :lol

lefty
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif