PDA

View Full Version : Man, this sure is a popular bill

DarrinS
03-22-2010, 03:58 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/03/22/rel5a.pdf

whottt
03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
On the one hand people are overwhelmingly against it, on the other hand a majority claim they trust Obama to handle it more than the Republicans. Which is kind of a stupid question btw. That poll also says more people trust the Democrats to handle it than Republicans inspite of the fact they overwhelmingly think it will hurt them, cost too much, expand the governnment too much.

Either they asked some stupid questions or they polled some stupid people.

boutons_deux
03-22-2010, 04:09 PM
"people are overwhelmingly against it"

You Lie

coyotes_geek
03-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Some 38 states have either filed or announced their intention to file similar legislation, according to the American Legislative Exchange Council, which opposes the health reform bill. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100322/pl_afp/uspoliticshealthcourt_20100322165515)

whottt
03-22-2010, 04:12 PM
"people are overwhelmingly against it"

You Lie

Um, not based on the results from that poll I don't.

Meanwhile, based on the history of my family, and my own personal history, as well as my outlook on life, you are definitely lying by claiming I need medical insurance.

I don't want it even if it is free.

Winehole23
03-22-2010, 04:16 PM
DarrenS oversold his point as usual, but he didn't lie. A solid majority (59%, according to this poll) opposes the bill, but nearly a quarter of those (13% polled) did so because it wasn't liberal enough.

Spurminator
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
So essentially you could say a majority believe this is a step in the right direction.

DarrinS
03-22-2010, 04:18 PM
DarrenS oversold his point as usual, but he didn't lie. A solid majority (59%, according to this poll) opposes the bill, but nearly a quarter of those (13% polled) did so because it wasn't liberal enough.

Since when is 13% nearly a quarter?

Spurminator
03-22-2010, 04:19 PM
A quarter of the opposition (13% divided by 59%)

DarrinS
03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
A quarter of the opposition (13% divided by 59%)

Oops. I misread it. He meant nearly a quarter of the 59%. My apologies to WH.

Winehole23
03-22-2010, 04:24 PM
So essentially you could say a majority believe this is a step in the right direction.Plausible, but with a 3% margin of error people could be about evenly split on that. A right direction/wrong direction question would've been a good followup.

Winehole23
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Oops. I misread it. He meant nearly a quarter of the 59%. My apologies to WH.Don't sweat it, D. It could happen to anybody.

Wild Cobra
03-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Well, since the democrats insist on bipartisanship, why cant they understand the bipartisanship was opposed to the bill?

whottt
03-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Didn't Darren vote for Obama? And isn't he overwhelmingly opposed to this bill?

This poll sounds like it was a bunch of Darrin's taking it.

boutons_deux
03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
"you are definitely lying by claiming I need medical insurance"

when you need a stent ($125K),
a new liver ($250K),
and new heart $500K+,
your wife (or boyfriend) is whiplashed into a quadriplegic who can't breath on his own,
or you have stroke that turns you into carrot,
or you kid is born like a severe version of "my baby"

and you're gonna cover all the medical expenses out of your pocket? GMAFB

greyforest
03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
i noticed that cnn had recently been purchased by conservatives

whottt
03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
"you are definitely lying by claiming I need medical insurance"

when you need a stent ($125K),

Don't need one, might never. No one in my family ever has.

a new liver ($250K)

Don't need one, might never. No one in my family ever has. And I don't drink or take it up the ass. I haven't used needles since I was 18 years old. I don't think I am going to need a new liver. To justify my payment of insurance on that basis you would have to show me a majority of Americans needing new livers.

and new heart $500K+

Don't need one, might never. While it's true my Grandfather died of a heart attack he was old enough to where he probably wouldn't have survived a heart transplant anyway.

My grandmother eats bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning cooked in a skillet that hasn't been degreased since about 1947, she is 93 years old. I doubt she'll be getting a new heart ever.

your wife (or boyfriend) is whiplashed into a quadriplegic who can't breath on his own,

I see, and what PCT of the population are quadraplegic? You can go ahead and add them to the liver and heart patients...we still won't be anywhwere close to you justifying every American being forced to have insurance.

or you have stroke that turns you into carrot

If I have a stroke that turns me into a carrot, I will be flat out fucking pissed if I am kept alive.

or you kid is born like a severe version of "my baby"

I see, and what PCT of the population is that? Go ahead and add them to the people with new hearts, livers, kidneys and the quadraplegic. Tell me if we still getting anywhere near justifcation for mandatory health insurance.

and you're gonna cover all the medical expenses out of your pocket? GMAFB

Just one problem, I don't have any of those fucking medical expenses, I never have, and neither has anyone in my family.

All you fools have done is make it cost money to be healthy. That is all you have done. Fool.

whottt
03-22-2010, 04:53 PM
I wonder...do you think insurance companies make all their profits off the healthy or the unhealthy? How much money do you think insurance companies would make if they only insured unhealthy people?

Fuck you for dragging me into your world of shit....

Yonivore
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Your grandmother is right not to "degrease" that pan. Many a cast iron skillet has been ruined by well-meaning relatives who thought they needed cleaning. It happened to me with a skillet passed down from my great-grandmother.

I still grieve.

Yonivore
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
How much money do you think insurance companies would make if they only insured unhealthy people?
I think we're about to find out.

I'm thinking it won't be anywhere near the gargantuan 4% they commanded under the heavily-regulated, quasi-free-market model in which they've been operating.

DarrinS
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
didn't darren vote for obama? And isn't he overwhelmingly opposed to this bill?

This poll sounds like it was a bunch of darrin's taking it.

gfy

whottt
03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
gfy

Well it is just bit contradictory. Don't hate the messenger.