PDA

View Full Version : Hate on Your Team

mavsfan1000
03-22-2010, 05:02 PM
A thread basically for bitching about your own teams suckage lately. :lol
Haywood was an all-star for Washington but now is a fucking scrub. Kidd goes from tripple doubles to being pure flat in 2 weeks. Returning to his form from before the all-star break. Carlisle not utilizing the bench who can put up numbers. Dampier and Beaubois being the main ones while Barea and Najera suck it up.

stretch
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
A thread basically for bitching about your own teams suckage lately. :lol
Haywood was an all-star for Washington but now is a fucking scrub. Kidd goes from tripple doubles to being pure flat in 2 weeks. Returning to his form from before the all-star break. Carlisle not utilizing the bench who can put up numbers. Dampier and Beaubois being the main ones while Barea and Najera suck it up.

you are a stupid idiot

JamStone
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
The Detroit Pistons are awesome.

mavsfan1000
03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
We like our team
Good for you. Get out of my thread bitch.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 05:13 PM
This year's Pop coaching (small ball, not playing the youngsters), Bogans, injuries, this year's lack of clutch.

stretch
03-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Good for you. Get out of my thread bitch.

great comeback bro :tu

Allanon
03-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Bad
Shannon Brown probably shoots too much
Farmar has gone back to sucking
Too many nagging injuries right now.

Good
Machine is playing really well lately
Pau is playing much better last 2 weeks
Lakers are starting to peak.

Pelicans78
03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Sucks losing CP3 for 33 games this season, but injuries are part of the game and the rest of the guys couldn't step up. The team went 12-21, so obviously the team needs to improve in other places.

Need a big center who can defend and rebound. Okafor seems undersized at center and really doesnt' do much offensively plus has a bad contract. However he has played every game this season so the trade wasn't all bad since Chandler will always have a bad foot.

We may have the worst set of wing players in the league. Take away Thornton and you have Peja, Posey, and Mo-Pete. Not only are they old and bad, but they make a combined 29 million between them. Basically, the team needs to upgrade.

djohn2oo8
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Bad
Farmar has gone back to sucking
Too many nagging injuries right now.

Good
Pau is playing much better last 2 weeks
Lakers are starting to peak.

Allanon, no one should use injuries as an excuse....not even us

Ghazi
03-22-2010, 05:55 PM
What i don't like about my boys in blue is we still don't have great dribble penetration and low post options. We've upgraded our talent big time this year but these two flaws still exist. we're highly reliant on fast break points ever since the trade and these are tougher to come by come playoff time.

Allanon
03-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Allanon, no one should use injuries as an excuse....not even us

Oh no excuses for any losses or anything like that, djohn, the Lakers compared to the Blazers and Rockets are a model of health.

I agree there should not be excuses for injuries, you plays with whats you gots.

I'm just finding something to pick on since the Lakers are generally doing pretty well.

jacobdrj
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Damn you Nike Hyperize! DAMN YOU ALL, TO HELL...

Casualties of Hyperize:
Ben Gordon
Will Bynum
Charlie Villinueva
Rip Hamilton

sonic21
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
bad:
everyone suck against good teams except tim, manu, blair and sometimes dice.

good:
everyone is good against shitty teams except RJ

Pelicans78
03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Also forgot to add how bad our defense has become this season. Not sure if this is soley due to acquiring Okafor for Chandler, but it seems like it. Okafor doesn't have Chandler's length and isn't good in the pick n roll defense.

Darrin
03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
You know, I've been around the Pistons for awhile. Not covering the team, but watching them since I was a little boy. This is the worst team I have seen in quite some time. Do we expect anyone to be 7-foot, defend the rim and the pick-and-roll anymore? Where did all the playmakers go? We're loaded with tweeners. Forwards like Prince and Daye, Villanueva and Jerebko all play the same way in the same position. Yes, I am impressed that they can put the ball on the floor, take a jump-shot, and run the floor. But for crying out loud, how do they get the basketball?

Can anyone rebound? No.
Can anyone defend, especially in the post? No.
Can anyone initiate the offense without missing options or committing large amounts of turnovers? No.
Can anyone dominate the game in a different way than their teammates? No!
Why is that important? Because a defense designed for one player can take on someone else in that role.

The guards are worse. Turnover prone and not better than average. I don't know what happened to Rip Hamilton but he looks like a shell of himself. Rodney Stuckey is one of the most overrated commodities on this team. Ben Gordon and Will Bynum are two of the shortest at their position in the league. I hated Ben Gordon and not because he was good and on the Bulls. I hated him because our announcers treated him like he was more than a mid-level talent of this generation. If they aren't driving the ball, what are they doing?

We traded freaking Chauncey Billups for this?!?

The numbers are horrible. Are you aware that this is the first set of consecutive losing seasons since 1994 (20 wins) and 1995 (28 wins)? Are you aware that the Pistons will have to win all but 3 of their final games to simply tie the worst record by a team under Joe Dumars?

How the mighty have fallen. These are horrible players. I hate the Orlando Magic and they are the tin version of them. :pctoss :cuss :frying: :flipoff

And the cap situation is worse than everything I just mentioned.

http://www.reclinergm.com/images/pistons-uconn.jpg
God, I hate this team!

http://pistonsnationblog.com/images/pacers-pistons-012209.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-22-2010, 06:02 PM
1) The younger players' development is hindered by how much Nash and Hill have the ball in their hands
2) Channing Frye and Leandro Barbosa aren't dead yet
3) They still have games where they wet the bed on defense and force shots with 19 seconds left on the shot clock
4) Nash has the attitude that the Suns will either win his way or lose.

SomeCallMeTim
03-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Bad

Surprising about him. He's a pretty smart, humble player it seems. This year, he is taking far too many shots though.

Actually, it's hard to blame him. His next payday resides primarily upon his scoring output. NBA salaries are tied to scoring first and foremost -- efficiency has little to do with it. If he can up his scoring to close to double digits and his agent can put together a highlight reel of his 20-pt games and highlight dunks, he'll likely parlay that into a pretty nice contract this coming year.

He does enough other things well and works hard enough that I can forgive his chucking tendencies.

Good
Machine is playing really well latelyYeah, quietly he has come on. Would be nice for him to approach what he did down the stretch and in the POs in 2008 to stretch the floor for the Lakers.

SomeCallMeTim
03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
You know, I've been around the Pistons for awhile. Not covering the team, but watching them since I was a little boy. This is the worst team I have seen in quite some time. Do we expect anyone to be 7-foot, defend the rim and the pick-and-roll anymore? Where did all the playmakers go? We're loaded with tweeners. Forwards like Prince and Daye, Villanueva and Jerebko all play the same way in the same position. Yes, I am impressed that they can put the ball on the floor, take a jump-shot, and run the floor. But for crying out loud, how do they get the basketball?

Can anyone rebound? No.
Can anyone defend, especially in the post? No.
Can anyone initiate the offense without missing options or committing large amounts of turnovers? No.

The guards are worse. Turnover prone and not better than average. I don't know what happened to Rip Hamilton but he looks like a shell of himself. Rodney Stuckey is one of the most overrated commodities on this team. Ben Gordon and Will Bynum are two of the shortest at their position. I hated Ben Gordon and not because he was good and on the Bulls. I hated him because our announcers treated him like he was more than a mid-level talent of this generation. If they aren't driving the ball, what are they doing?

We traded freaking Chauncey Billups for this?!?

The numbers are horrible. Are you aware that this is the first set of consecutive losing seasons since 1994 (20 wins) and 1995 (28 wins)? Are you aware that the Pistons will have to win all but 3 of their final games to simply tie the worst record by a team under Joe Dumars?

How the mighty have fallen. These are horrible players. I hate the Orlando Magic and they are the tin version of them. :pctoss :cuss :frying: :flipoff

And the cap situation is worse than everything I just mentioned.

http://www.reclinergm.com/images/pistons-uconn.jpg
God, I hate this team!

It's been said a billion times already, but how did Dumars go from genius who made all the right moves to a guy who has made terrible move after terrible move for years now and has tied the Pistons into an impossible non-rebuilding situation?

picc84
03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
If I start I might not stop. I could go all day with this baby.

Fortunately we're starting to peak, and Bynum's injury will only help that.

Darrin
03-22-2010, 06:11 PM
It's been said a billion times already, but how did Dumars go from genius who made all the right moves to a guy who has made terrible move after terrible move for years now and has tied the Pistons into an impossible non-rebuilding situation?

Two transactions and Denver benefitted from both of them--Trading Billups and drafting Darko. Either of those two things did not happen and the Pistons would be a .500 team right now with their current roster. There's no one to rebound the basketball and he won headlines in the summer at the expense of June. He's become the antithesis of what he was before these trades.

Come_On_Now
03-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Kidd has regressed significantly since his hot start after the all-star break. :depressed

Our defense has been utter shit even though we have the personnel to be one of the best teams in the league.

Fast point-guards continue to put up huge numbers against us, yet Beaubois can't see the floor. :bang

Haywood can't get the ball passed to him unless he is 15 feet away from the fucking basket. H'es a freaking center yet no one passes it to him in the post. :wakeup

Our coach has some of the worst defensive / offensive rotations I've ever seen.

Kriz-Maxima
03-22-2010, 06:28 PM

For me was extending Richard Hamilton and Jason Maxiell. Had that not happen the Pistons would be a bad team going into the off-season with a high pick and some money to spend. Instead they are a bad team tied up financially.

But for me is not as doom and gloom as some fans portray it, the Pistons don't need a contending team they need a competing team. Making good use of the draft pick is a start, seeing what can be done with Tay's expiring would be next. If the team can trade either Rip or Gordon (or both) then I think we are out of the woods. But even without that, the team can move in the right direction.

Or maybe I'm just a positive person.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Two transactions and Denver benefitted from both of them--Trading Billups and drafting Darko. Either of those two things did not happen and the Pistons would be a .500 team right now with their current roster. There's no one to rebound the basketball and he won headlines in the summer at the expense of June. He's become the antithesis of what he was before these trades.

Imagine Detroit with Billups and Carmelo on its team. Top 3/4 team in the east.

mavsfan1000
03-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Kidd has regressed significantly since his hot start after the all-star break. :depressed

Our defense has been utter shit even though we have the personnel to be one of the best teams in the league.

Fast point-guards continue to put up huge numbers against us, yet Beaubois can't see the floor. :bang

Haywood can't get the ball passed to him unless he is 15 feet away from the fucking basket. H'es a freaking center yet no one passes it to him in the post. :wakeup

Our coach has some of the worst defensive / offensive rotations I've ever seen.
Agreed. And the more practices Dallas has, the more they regress. Our best stretch came with no practices. That says a lot about our coach. But Kidd can't guard quality point guards. They don't even have to be superstars. Just have a scorers mentality. Butler (or Marion) as a substitutional 6th man to allow Beaubois to guard these players would fix this loophole.

Pero
03-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Bad
Good

Really? I looked at his stats and the last five games he's averaging 2.8 pts and 1 assist per 9 minutes. That doesn't look particularly well to me. :lol:

Allanon
03-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Really? I looked at his stats and the last five games he's averaging 2.8 pts and 1 assist per 9 minutes. That doesn't look particularly well to me. :lol:

That's a good thing, he was too shot happy earlier, now he's taking shots in the flow of the offense and isn't forcing shots like he was.

His D and playmaking have been good of late. And of course you have to remember this is relative...he's playing the best team basketball of the 3 backusp now (Farmar, Brown, Sasha).

If he continues playing like this (playmaking, good D and taking open shots without forcing), he'll be useful to the Lakers in the Playoffs.

Ghazi
03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
where did people get this idea beaubois is a good defender. he's not.

timtonymanu
03-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Pop still sucks as a coach with an even more talented roster than last year.
RJ and Dice have underachieved greatly.
Bogans and Mason suck.
George Hill only shoots well against shitty teams.

The good is that Tim and Manu can still play at a high level. Malik is starting to get playing time. Finley is gone. Blair is a good pickup.

picc84
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Pop still sucks as a coach with an even more talented roster than last year.

I can relate.

DAF86
03-22-2010, 07:09 PM

Happy birthday.

mavsfan1000
03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
He is good against small and quick players. He contests everything unlike Kidd and Barea.

mavs>spurs2
03-22-2010, 08:16 PM
He is good against small and quick players. He contests everything unlike Kidd and Barea.

barrea is too short and has t-rex arms to contest tbh

mavsfan1000
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
barrea is too short and has t-rex arms to contest tbh
That's a good way to put it. He really can't defend anyone unless he gets the charge call.

sribb43
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Bradley >> Haywood and Damp

LakasRool4eva
03-22-2010, 10:41 PM
if u really think about it we should have won more games dis season...........but another 'ship aint to bad either........................