PDA

View Full Version : Mavs are officially DONE

Amarelooms
03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Admit it fellow Mavs fans...we knew it deep down this team was no where near good enough. Expect a 1st round exit....definitely a 2nd round one. RC is not the answer at coach...hopefully he leaves after this year

:elephant

Ghazi
03-22-2010, 09:24 PM
And this is why you're a shitty poster.

icem
03-22-2010, 09:29 PM
mavs clearly overrated

Pelicans78
03-22-2010, 09:31 PM
"Memo to you Amarelooms, you fucking suck!" LOLL

Amarelooms
03-22-2010, 09:36 PM

Son suck my balls....God bless you and your family though :elephant

Pelicans78
03-22-2010, 09:48 PM
son suck my balls....god bless you and your family though :elephant

lol

Ghazi
03-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Mavs are the same team they were 24 hours, same team they were 2 weeks ago.

If they're "done", then they were done already, not because of one game.

When you post after a loss it makes you look like a little whiny knee jerking bitch, which you are.

Anyway, this teams ceiling is the WCF.. worst case is 1st round exit. This is what Luminary has felt all along.

There is very small margin of error for the 2 seed now. We're 1 game back of Denver but the head to head is a 2 game swing... they got 5 games coming up on road.

murpjf88
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Admit it fellow Mavs fans...we knew it deep down this team was no where near good enough. Expect a 1st round exit....definitely a 2nd round one. RC is not the answer at coach...hopefully he leaves after this year

The pink elephant has spoken.

Come_On_Now
03-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Hardly, we have the personnel to be an elite team. What is holding us back is Carlisle, his bad rotations, and extensive play-book, that must be co-authored by Avery, because it evidently just reads "Iso, Iso, Iso......stand around....Iso, Iso....no ball movement." No plays ran for Haywood, Butler can only get his shots off of isolations, and Barea........good lord, what a travesty. Dirk only gets 12 shots? Butler 13? Kidd and Marion sit for the better part of 4 minutes in a critical 4th quarter? No Haywood at all? I wouldn't blame the players for turning on him.

Killakobe81
03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Tough loss. Spurs just showed tonight you can have a tough loss man up and regroup or you can let it take you idown in a tail-spin.
Mavs are NOT done. In fact I am still hoping you guys can make the WCF so I can attend a game here in Dallas ...

This laker fans refuses to give up on you guys ... LOL

Seriously Denver has cooled off a bit as well ...

JamStone
03-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I think they're far from being done. They're definitely not playing their best basketball the last couple weeks, but I still think they are very capable of going deep in the playoffs. Part of it is their collective mentality and confidence. I don't know what's up with it, but they're in some kind of malaise right now. It's obviously not just the Hornets as the Mavs haven't played all too well their last 6-7 games in general. They have the talent to turn it around. Whether they do or not is still very much up in the air. They need a confidence boost for sure to get them back on track. Do they play the Pistons again? That seems to help teams out a lot.

Ghazi
03-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm hesitant to blame my beloved Carlisle. I mean, I hated Avery but blaming 2 coaches in a row would seem like excuse making.
If you swap Carlisle with Zenmaster i bet the Lakers are still better than the Mavs. Its a players league.

Pelicans78
03-22-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm hesitant to blame my beloved Carlisle. I mean, I hated Avery but blaming 2 coaches in a row would seem like excuse making.
If you swap Carlisle with Zenmaster i bet the Lakers are still better than the Mavs. Its a players league.

You mentioned it before how the Mavs don't have an option in the post or guys who can drive to the basket. Even Butler seems content on settling for jumpers.

mavsfan1000
I admit it. Basketball is a young mans sport. Players get overhyped all the time becuase of what they did when they were in their prime. They might show flashes of their youth but the age eventually always comes out.

TheSpursFNRule

Well said.

Ditty
03-22-2010, 10:11 PM
we stacked!!!!!!!

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-22-2010, 10:12 PM

Mr.ChugDynasty
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Hardly, we have the personnel to be an elite team. What is holding us back is Carlisle, his bad rotations, and extensive play-book, that must be co-authored by Avery, because it evidently just reads "Iso, Iso, Iso......stand around....Iso, Iso....no ball movement." No plays ran for Haywood, Butler can only get his shots off of isolations, and Barea........good lord, what a travesty. Dirk only gets 12 shots? Butler 13? Kidd and Marion sit for the better part of 4 minutes in a critical 4th quarter? No Haywood at all? I wouldn't blame the players for turning on him.

Well said...If Rick left the play calling duties mainly to Kidd then Dallas possibly could get a burst of energy, much like they did last year.

DPG21920
03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Why is Dampier getting no run?

badfish22
03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Why is Dampier getting no run?

No room on the Los Mavs rotation.

Native American
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
You know the coyote has always been looked upon as the weaker, little cousin of the wolf and fox. Coyotes are scavengers and often they are submissive to the wolf and other larger canine relatives. But it is the coyote, and not the wolf or fox, that has spread its population to reach every part of this American land from the northwestern most point of Alaska down to the the southern most tip of Florida. These little packs of dogs have really made their mark on this land. The Dallas Mavericks should strive to emulate the coyote. And by that I mean just because the Mavericks sometimes act like a pack of little bitches, it doesn't mean they can't dominate the league.

ezau
03-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Well if you have two new guys playing for your team, you're bound to have problems in your rotations. It'll take time, but I hope Carlisle figures the rotation in time for the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
03-22-2010, 10:55 PM
I think it's time to start Dampier. Haywood has been pretty terrible lately. Also I wouldn't mind splitting up the big ball in the backcourt for more speed. How about a lineup of Beaubois, Kidd, Butler, Nowitzki, and Dampier as the starters. Thus allowing us to have a deeper bench in Terry, Marion, and Haywood as well as a better chemistry with players having more comfortable with the players they guard and better spacing.

badfish22
03-22-2010, 10:58 PM
I think it's time to start Dampier. Haywood has been pretty terrible lately.

Haywood finally woke up late in the third when we went on that mini comeback run, but then of course Rick had to put Najera in.

I still can't fully believe that happened.

ezau
03-22-2010, 10:59 PM
You know the coyote has always been looked upon as the weaker, little cousin of the wolf and fox. Coyotes are scavengers and often they are submissive to the wolf and other larger canine relatives. But it is the coyote, and not the wolf or fox, that has spread its population to reach every part of this American land from the northwestern most point of Alaska down to the the southern most tip of Florida. These little packs of dogs have really made their mark on this land. The Dallas Mavericks should strive to emulate the coyote. And by that I mean just because the Mavericks sometimes act like a pack of little bitches, it doesn't mean they can't dominate the league.

:lmao:lmao

mavsfan1000
03-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Haywood finally woke up late in the third when we went on that mini comeback run, but then of course Rick had to put Najera in.

I still can't fully believe that happened.
I'm not surprised with anything Carlisle does. He is the one that puts Kidd, Barea, and Terry out at the same time. Also he forgot that Terry also used to play point guard to a team that got to the Finals.

My Fault
03-22-2010, 11:04 PM
I know some, maybe all will disagree but its a good thing that the Mavs hot streak ended. Hear me out now. I know down the stretch momentum is a good thing but getting overly confident is another. Mavs needed the win streak to know they made the right moves and now needed to lose some to know that they are beatable if they don't bring intensity along with the talent.

duncan228
03-22-2010, 11:12 PM

Best Troll Ever. :toast

BRHornet45
03-22-2010, 11:40 PM
sons the Hornets match up well against the Mavs. although we are out of the playoff race because of Paul missing so many games, we could easily beat the Mavs in a playoff series. no doubt about it. Mavs are just too soft and don't have what it takes to get past the second round anymore.

DJ Mbenga
03-23-2010, 12:28 AM
sons the Hornets match up well against the Mavs. although we are out of the playoff race because of Paul missing so many games, we could easily beat the Mavs in a playoff series. no doubt about it. Mavs are just too soft and don't have what it takes to get past the second round anymore.

dang collison must be thinking "when the hell can i rest" 35 minutes. at least its better than his usual 42

BRHornet45
03-23-2010, 12:30 AM
dang collison must be thinking "when the hell can i rest" 35 minutes. at least its better than his usual 42

son at least they tested out CP3 tonight. you can tell he isn't quite 100% though.

Basketballgirl25
03-23-2010, 06:22 AM
I hate the Mavs more then anything and I would not say they are done, well actually in a way I think they are done, I don't see them winning the finals with Dirk as a Mav, but hey I could be wrong(most times I'm usually right) and if I am wrong great for you Mav fans, as for this season I think Mavs will make at least second round maybe to WCF

Muser
03-23-2010, 06:36 AM
I hate the Mavs more then anything and I would not say they are done, well actually in a way I think they are done, I don't see them winning the finals with Dirk as a Mav, but hey I could be wrong(most times I'm usually right) and if I am wrong great for you Mav fans, as for this season I think Mavs will make at least second round maybe to WCF

That's the first time i've seen a post from you without the word "vacation"

03-23-2010, 07:21 AM
don't worry, the mavs can always hope for a first round matchup with the spurs.

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 08:34 AM

:lmao:lmao

Never really noticed, but he is pretty much a whiny bitch

mavsfan1000
03-23-2010, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't say I hate them but I know they aren't going anywhere. I hate losing and this team is bringing a lot of that lately. It's annoying they played like a totally different team 2 weeks ago. Especially Kidd. He went from triple-doubles to a scrub. But I think our main problems are our bench selections by Carlisle and our slow backcourt. Butler at the 3 is ok but not at the 2. Kidd defending 2's are ok but not defending 1's. He is the size of a shooting guard anyways. Terry and Barea on the court at the same time has got to be one of the worst defensive backcourts in the league. So I say this should be our lineup defensively.
Beaubois/Terry
Kidd/Stevenson
Butler/Marion
Nowitzki/Marion
Dampier/Haywood

BUMP
03-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I know some, maybe all will disagree but its a good thing that the Mavs hot streak ended. Hear me out now. I know down the stretch momentum is a good thing but getting overly confident is another. Mavs needed the win streak to know they made the right moves and now needed to lose some to know that they are beatable if they don't bring intensity along with the talent.

The Mavs should be the last team in the league that feels overconfident about themselves

xellos88330
03-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I think that the Mavs are just trying to match up with the Spurs for the first round.