PDA

View Full Version : Rasho needs a thread

boutons
05-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Wow, Rasho was very alert and court-aware last night on defense. He was really rotating well and helping on defense. A lot of his contribution goes unseen to most fans who watch the ball, so I was super pleased when Rasho, all by hizzelf, isolated on the wing, took the ball away from Marcus.

3 RBs, 1 STL, 1 BS in only 11 minutes.

Phenomanul
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Wow, Rasho was very alert and court-aware last night on defense. He was really rotating well and helping on defense. A lot of his contribution goes unseen to most fans who watch the ball, so I was super pleased when Rasho, all by hizzelf, isolated on the wing, took the ball away from Marcus.
3 RBs, 1 STL, 1 BS in only 11 minutes.

I was laughing when I saw that.... out of disbelief. I mean Rasho was active... he really was.

johnny00
05-03-2005, 09:19 AM
.....And one tirade against the ref.
Seriously, y'know the officiating SUCKED when Rasho goes off!

ChumpDumper
05-03-2005, 09:22 AM
Rasho was animated the entire game. I think we miss alot of his outbursts because they usually consist on one huge bark, then just a little fist pump and business as usual.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 10:38 AM
It warms my heart to see that Nesterobitch is learning from Nazr how to play the center position.

Though he cost too much, it's great that the Spurs have a real starting center again.

Ginofan
05-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Rasho has been hustling his ass off these past few games. It's great to see him back and so active, I've missed the fairy floater!

nkdlunch
05-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Is he not starting because he's still injured? or did Nazr snatch the starting position?

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 10:51 AM
The latter, hopefully. Nazr is playing exactly how you would want a big starting alongside TD to play. This is why Malik took minutes away from Radosoft. You don't play weak in the paint. You make the opponent pay for giving TD so much attention. You hit the offensive glass hard from the weak side. You fucking dunk the rock. You bust heads. You draw the opponents' ire and let TD put them out of their misery.

Taco
05-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Give It To My Man Rasho!!!!

Slo spurs fan
05-03-2005, 10:54 AM
It warms my heart to see that Nesterobitch is learning from Nazr how to play the center position.

Though he cost too much, it's great that the Spurs have a real starting center again.

Suck my d*** asshole.
Only Nazr can learn how to play hard D from Rasho, you dickhead.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 10:54 AM
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Slo spurs fan
05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

You must try and for at least once look the game and not only scorebox. Moron.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 10:57 AM
If only Radosoft had the attitude of his fellow countrymen on this board, then the Spurs would've been the 1 seed...

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Where did I reference the boxscore in this comment:

The latter, hopefully. Nazr is playing exactly how you would want a big starting alongside TD to play. This is why Malik took minutes away from Radosoft. You don't play weak in the paint. You make the opponent pay for giving TD so much attention. You hit the offensive glass hard from the weak side. You fucking dunk the rock. You bust heads. You draw the opponents' ire and let TD put them out of their misery.

?

Slo spurs fan
05-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Bowen scored less than 10 points in 4 games (> than 110 min), so he sucs too?
You moron

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 11:00 AM
http://www.otrarealidad.net/multimedia/images/dearticulos/lost-in-translation.jpg

spur219
05-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I started a thread on him last night. I was very pleased with his play last night. He was clogging the lane and getting boards. He was very alert on defense and looked very good.

Slo spurs fan
05-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Sparkedass potem pa govori slovensko, ce ne razumes anglesko.Dripc smotan.
Lost in translation???

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Lost in translation???

ja.

Slo spurs fan
05-03-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm from Slovenia not Germany or Austria. Moron

Lonestar
05-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Whatever Rasho did good or bad doesn't matter to me after that steal!! Classic!

T Park
05-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Hes been playing Defense and rebounding and blocking shots like that all season long.

nothing is different.

Ignore sparky, unless the player is black, the guy is no good.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't care about the skin color of a player, that's your role.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm from Slovenia not Germany or Austria. Moron

Easy to overlook.

Slo spurs fan
05-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Easy to overlook.

Not for those who got good education.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Part of a "good education" is understanding about what to give significance.

T Park
05-03-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't care about the skin color of a player

You obviously do.

Saying Nazr Mohammed has had an influence on Rasho is a joke.

Rasho was playing this well defensively all season long.

Slo spurs fan
05-03-2005, 12:17 PM
I understand that D (Rasho) wins rings and O (Nazr) does not.
So significance is on D.

But Spurs are so lucky to have both options and can play what is more needed.

I don't wont to fight you Sparky, I just want you to give Rasho some props when he deserves it.

Peace.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 12:18 PM
You brought skin color into this discussion. Hmmm.

T Park
05-03-2005, 12:19 PM
You would know, everytime you post behind me you accuse me of being a racist.

SPARKY
05-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Hey now. I don't get behind you. That's Rasho's role.

mookie2001
05-03-2005, 12:41 PM
rasho played well

nkdlunch
05-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Is he not starting because he's still injured? or did Nazr snatch the starting position?

So noone knows the answer to this???

ChumpDumper
05-03-2005, 01:48 PM
He's still injured. Then again so is Nazr.

boutons
05-03-2005, 05:24 PM
I just watched the end of the game again.

I think Rasho must be pleased that he got call in OT when Tim fouled out, not Nazr.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-03-2005, 05:38 PM

Boy that comment could apply to many on the board. A lot of people do get bent out of shape too easily.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one, and no one thinks his stinks.

ChumpDumper
05-03-2005, 05:40 PM
That comment applies to their posts as well.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Back on topic though...

Rasho was definitely keyed up and agressive last night. Not just solidly competent, but agressive. If Rasho can keep that up and fight like hell for his job, we're going to kick ass from here on in.

I noticed another odd thing last night. My kid was sick, so I missed a good part of the game. I wound up watching the first quarter, the end of regulation and overtime. When I came back I really thought my TIVO was acting up because everyone (on both teams) were moving so much more quickly and urgently. It was really cool to see and a hell of a game.

angel_luv
05-03-2005, 07:10 PM
I've always thought Rasho is just awesome. I'm delighted he is back. Nobody could ever replace him.

MiNuS
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Rasho looks like the little kid from the WWII Italian flick : "A Beautiful Life".
The 7 foot version.

:nerd

SequSpur
05-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Nazr is the better choice to start, if you can't see that, then you're stupid.

T Park
05-03-2005, 10:16 PM
When both healthy, yes Nazr Mohammed is by far and away the better player.

Right now?? They both are playing well, and I would keep Nazr in the lineup, his play has dropped off slightly from Game 1. He still though is giving great play.

Hopefully the Spurs end it tommarow, and can get Nazr Mohammed and others rest.

Mohammed rested VS the Sonics is a huge advatange.

Tek_XX
05-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I think if Rasho was fully healthy pop would start him considering that on defense he is by far superior to Nazzy

if you want defense go with Rasho, if you want pump fakes go with Nazzy

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-03-2005, 11:24 PM
I think Nazr was looking quite comfortable down the stretch and the Spurs were dealing with enough rotation issues without shufflling the center position around going into the playoffs. I know that it seems like a long time but Rasho's only been back for three games. On top of that, Nazr gets up the floor better than Rasho, two good ankles or not, and the number one goal this series was to kill the fast breaks so Nazr's been the right guy to go to. Rasho will get more minutes as the playoffs wear on. They might start him although I think it might be a good idea to use him like Manu, have him come off the bench but play the majority of the center minutes. He seems to play better when Tim's off the floor for some reason.

bonesinaz
05-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Nazr had his calf wrapped yesterday and was having difficulty getting to the ball because he could not push off with that leg.

Spurs need both Nazr and Rasho to be healthy and to play out of their minds.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Its really hard not to notice the impact Rasho has had on the defensive end pretty much the instant he's put into the game

I have been thinking Nazr was playing well until whottttttt busted out those rowland ratings (is that what they're called?) which shows nazr is like the worst player in that respect by far.

Maybe his defense is misleading. Plus Denver has done an excellent job keep him off the offensive glass in games 2-3 i think. He had a pretty decent game last night though.

They both rule, theres no use to argue, better to have both these guys than just one.

T Park
05-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Agreed 2 is better than 1, Nazr has his positives and negatives, as does Rasho, as does every player in the league.

Nazr wont be 100% till October period.

The calf was a big blow IMO to the team.

The Spurs tonight though, I think will get a great game out of Nazr Mohammed AND Rasho Nesterovic again.

Cant wait.

Spurs košarka kultura
05-04-2005, 03:00 AM
As far as who is better Rasho or Nazr, I'd have to agree they both have their strong points, but is it just me, or is it annoying as hell when Nazr does that incredibly predictable pump fake, which always ends in the same fashion, a turnover. I'd rather see Rasho pass up a shot than get stripped repeatedly. Anyone who says Nazr is a better defender than Rasho is a complete idiot, a better offensive rebounder maybe, but I recall a lot of tip outs by Rasho while he is in that have the same effect as offensive rebound but are not accounted as such. Thus when those without a clue go and look at their little box scores they can't see the impact that Rasho has had.

Lest you forget: http://freeweb.siol.net/tpetrovc/rasho_block.gif
Oh and for those of you who keep calling him Nestearavich its Nestroovich dammit.

Spurs košarka kultura
05-04-2005, 03:35 AM

This has to be one of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen on this board, Sparky your a fucking dumbass. Yeah I guess a country that doesn't worry what kind of Hummer they drive isn't significant, right dumbfuck? Honestly people such as your self make me laugh, I bet you only speak english too right? Boy can't wait to watch ignorant idiots such as yourself get run the fuck over by an economy that gets more and more outsourced each and every day, but your a real 'merican right bro? Fuck the little guy we can just run them over kind of like Viet-nam. Sorry Slo Spurs Fan were not all pathetic ignorant pieces of shit, who take cheap shots.

Slo spurs fan
05-04-2005, 04:00 AM
It is OK s-k-k. I know there is allways good and "bad" people anywhere, not only in America.

Saphan
05-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Ugh, I hope that this won't become a swearing contest or a political debate ;)

The topic is about Rasho…

Unfortunately I can’t watch the games and all I can see is the boxscore, but it’s great that on this site I can find some more depth and information about the Spurs and the games they played. It’s also pretty obvious that people defending Rasho and his contribution know much more about basketball than the bashers who mainly argument their conclusions with ‘he sucks’.

I’ve been following this board for quite some time and it’s really frustrating to see how many ‘Spur fans’ bash, hate or spill their anger on their own players. Especially when your (ours :) ) team is one of the best in the league and it’s giving you so many great moments in last decade.

Hi to all from Slovenia. I’ll try to post more from now on and not just read.

Brodels
05-04-2005, 06:13 AM
This has to be one of the most ignorant comments I've ever seen on this board, Sparky your a fucking dumbass. Yeah I guess a country that doesn't worry what kind of Hummer they drive isn't significant, right dumbfuck? Honestly people such as your self make me laugh, I bet you only speak english too right? Boy can't wait to watch ignorant idiots such as yourself get run the fuck over by an economy that gets more and more outsourced each and every day, but your a real 'merican right bro? Fuck the little guy we can just run them over kind of like Viet-nam. Sorry Slo Spurs Fan were not all pathetic ignorant pieces of shit, who take cheap shots.

I can tell you're upset, but you haven't done anything in this post to show that what he said is untrue.

And the people of the United States are not a homogenous group. I've never owned a hummer or a truck and I do speak more than one language.

You've taken Sparky's position: fit everyone in a nation into one mold and put them all down. Classy. Perhaps after you get done learning some more languages and polishing your Volkswagon you could look at the situation with some perspective.

Try to bring an argument and some perspective instead of just getting pissed off. You haven't said anything to show that he's wrong yet. He's an ass for attacking seemingly all of Slovenia, but you've taken the low road too. I look forward to your response.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Still waiting for a defense of Rasho's game (or lack thereof) in the paint.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 06:52 AM

I believe the Slovenian national inferiority complex as expressed in this forum beats the Argentine one hands down for sheer entertainment value.

RashoFan
05-04-2005, 06:52 AM
When it comes to Basketball...I am a novice...but I can tell you that I think Rasho is Beautiful.....:)
And I love him when he plays great,good, ok, mediocre, sucky....whatever.

RashoFan
05-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Sorry to drag the guys from Slovenia into this thread just to read my love notes about Rasho...

Slo spurs fan
05-04-2005, 07:06 AM
Still waiting for a defense of Rasho's game (or lack thereof) in the paint.

When you will realize what is his job, maybe you will chainge your opinion.
In O, his primary job is to get the hell out of TD´s way and secondary try to grab some offensive boards. He must also create room for Tony and Manu for their runs to the hoop. Nazr has completly different role, becouse he is not so familiar with Spurs O tactics and therefore he can stay right below the hoop.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 07:09 AM

Also I would add that a logical extension of playing strong in the paint is that you are better able to create penetration opportunities from the perimeter.

Slo spurs fan
05-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Also I would add that a logical extension of playing strong in the paint is that you are better able to create penetration opportunities from the perimeter.

And that is what Nazr don´t do.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Nazr has set picks before in the NBA and, yes, as a Spur.

Slo spurs fan
05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
OK, he´s Hakeem. :rolleyes

Slomo
05-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I believe the Slovenian national inferiority complex as expressed in this forum beats the Argentine one hands down for sheer entertainment value. SPARKY as someone who hides behind numerous on-line identities you are ill equipped to pass judgement on any complex let alone the inferiority one. I have yet to see a post from you that give a balanced view of a players performance or a change in your attitude that would prove to me that you really are a Spurs fan.

As for your Basketball knowledge you have proved it non-existent several times. In this thread alone you fail to aknowledge the problems Nazr's style of playing is causing on the floor. Of course if you did you would have to aknowledge the contributions of Rasho on that same floor - since they are basically the opposite of the same coin.

As someone who openly roots for Spurs players to fail I can't consider you a Spurs fan but only the troll you really are.

ata
05-04-2005, 09:50 AM
As someone who openly roots for Spurs players to fail I can't consider you a Spurs fan but only the troll you really are.
Word.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Yet another.

Don't talk to me about what it means to be a Spurs fan, Slowmo. Some of us were Spurs fans before Nesterobitch showed up.

Slomo
05-04-2005, 10:04 AM
Yet another.

Don't talk to me about what it means to be a Spurs fan, Slowmo. Some of us were Spurs fans before Nesterobitch showed up. SPARKY you obviously have ADD since my point is not about you not being a fan (something that is obvious to everybody). I'm talking about you being a troll something I suspect you were even before Rasho showed up.

Oh and if you want to be funny try using my name as slo-mo that will really hurt me http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 10:07 AM
I can't consider you a Spurs fan but only the troll you really are.

Slomo
05-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Don't worry I understand that repeating it makes it easier for you to remember.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 10:27 AM
You're the one in need of a review.

Yet another.

Don't talk to me about what it means to be a Spurs fan, Slowmo. Some of us were Spurs fans before Nesterobitch showed up.

Slomo
05-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Please understand that I'm going to use all capital letters only to help you notice the really important part. I am by no meaning shouting at you - That's something I would never do to a person with your type of problem. But let's review my earlier post and try to understand it:

SPARKY you obviously have ADD since my point is not about you not being a fan (something that is obvious to everybody). I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU BEING A TROLL something I suspect you were even before Rasho showed up. You see when I state that you are not a fan I am only saying what is obvious to everybody else on this board. Now not being a fan is OK (really it is - don't worry about it). But my point is that you are more than that, you are a TROLL - an internet persona that does not bring anything of use to an internet discussion board but only tries to annoy and upset others on the said board. So please feel free to re-post my statement about you being a TROLL as often as you need for the information to sink in.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 11:03 AM
And again,

Don't talk to me about what it means to be a Spurs fan motherfucker. I've been with this team for years while you were humping goats or whatever in the bucolic hills of your native Slovenia and dreaming of being cornholed by Radoslav The Great.

zeleni
05-04-2005, 11:23 AM
yikes!

You really offended me.

Need to go in USA. Twin peaks to demolish.

Maybe then... I will be content. And basketball would have a nice ring to it again.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Rasho was a huge reason for our victory in game 3

he came in and immediately denver stopped scoring

Slomo
05-04-2005, 12:00 PM
And again,

Don't talk to me about what it means to be a Spurs fan motherfucker. I've been with this team for years while you were humping goats or whatever in the bucolic hills of your native Slovenia and dreaming of being cornholed by Radoslav The Great.
I'm sorry SPARKY I really did try not to upset you. This said I do think that both the tone and the vocabulary of your latest reply is a bit harsh and will only result in you being even more upset/frantic. I would also suggest you talk about your incestual fantasies with a professional and don't try to project them onto others.

Please accept my apology for using proper English but in between humping goats I had to occupy myself somehow so I decided to learn the language of Shakespeare, Yates and Hemingway (to name but a few) - too bad that your obvious incestual relationship did not allow for the same.

(Note to Brodels: It is OK for an American to offend a whole nation (see above post), but god forbid somebody replies in kind without attracting your condescending remarks)

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 12:31 PM
How touching.

Throughout the hills of Slovenia can be heard the mournful cry:

O Radoslav, Radoslav! wherefore art thou, Radoslav?

T Park
05-04-2005, 12:35 PM
hes gone from Spurs fan to a fuckin troll, pathetic.

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 12:37 PM
And you're still T Park.

MannyIsGod
05-04-2005, 12:48 PM
:lol @ this thread.

waly.mg
05-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Rasho=T-Rex

MannyIsGod
05-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm down with the Slovenians. And if they want to talk shit about Americans, they can go right ahead. I do it all the time. :)

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Rasho=T-Rex

Yeah, his Spurs career needs to be extinct.

SLOVENIAN 8
05-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah, his Spurs career needs to be extinct.

But he still get 5 Mio :lol

When Rasho came back , the spurs start to win. :smokin
And if you dont like him that is your problem.

waly.mg
05-04-2005, 01:07 PM
K-Willis=T-Rex
Rasho=Brontosaurus (he don´t like the blood)

Slomo
05-04-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm down with the Slovenians. And if they want to talk shit about Americans, they can go right ahead. I do it all the time. :) I'm a little pissed at Brodels because I think he's an inteligent poster. As for SPARKY he's a classical case of mind over matter.

I don't mind and he doesn't matter...

T Park
05-04-2005, 01:14 PM
And you're still T Park.

and your still a dumbfuck.

MannyIsGod
05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Slomo,

I believe Brodels was just asking him to take the high road. He didn't bother addressing Sparky because he thought it a waste of his time.

He's an ass for attacking seemingly all of Slovenia, but you've taken the low road too.

Besides, we all know it's the Argentinians you have to watch out for. :lol

SPARKY
05-04-2005, 01:23 PM
K-Willis=T-Rex
Rasho=Brontosaurus (he don´t like the blood)

:lol
No doubt.