PDA

View Full Version : Refs tried to take this game away too

Rummpd
03-22-2010, 09:34 PM
But gutty win over a stout team and a superstar growing before our eyes - damm that Durant is a stud.

exstatic
03-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't know. It seemed like a lot of ticky-tacky calls BOTH ways. This isn't a CYO league, and I wish the refs would realize that.

Johnny RIngo
03-22-2010, 09:35 PM
What'd you expect with two back-to-back away games? Spurs didn't take advantage of the abundance of home games in the beginning of the season and now they're paying the price.

HarlemHeat37
03-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Being a Spurs fan should make it clear to anybody how officiating in the NBA operates..

The Spurs used to get "reputation" calls by being a tough, defensive-minded team..now that the Spurs no longer have a "reputation", the team is constantly on the wrong side of poor officiating..

Durant is probably #1 in the NBA in superstar calls, more than Lebron or Wade IMO, he's also one of the top offensive floppers..all a recipe for disaster in this game..

DesignatedT
03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
refs were atrocious tonight, its seriously becoming a problem. and if you breathe on durant its a foul

Biggems
03-22-2010, 09:38 PM
yeah cause it wasnt manu who missed those two late layups, it was the refs. it wasnt tim who got his shot blocked in the closing seconds, it was the refs. it wasnt the Spurs who left the thunder player open for a 3 with 8 seconds left, it was the refs. it wasnt manu who missed a FT with 2 seconds left, it was the refs.

benefactor
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
It was bad all the way around. I think the Spurs got the worst of it but both teams had some pretty horrible calls.

HarlemHeat37
yeah cause it wasnt manu who missed those two late layups, it was the refs. it wasnt tim who got his shot blocked in the closing seconds, it was the refs. it wasnt the Spurs who left the thunder player open for a 3 with 8 seconds left, it was the refs. it wasnt manu who missed a FT with 2 seconds left, it was the refs.

What kind of stupid logic is this?..just because the refs aren't the main reason for a potential loss, it doesn't excuse them for heavily favoring the other team..

Chomag
Are you guys going to say this every game? Some of you are sounding liek Sun's fans and not Spur's fans.

Biggems
03-22-2010, 09:40 PM
the officiating sucks.....very true, but the Spurs almost lost cause they were not converting when they had the opportunities.

BTW, i thought Pop would get ejected when they didnt give Mason the call at the end of the 3rd, when he was mugged South Detroit style on his layup attempt.....and then I seriously thought he would get tossed, when a few moments later, Hill barely touched Durant and it was called a foul.

CFH
03-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Eh, can't really complain about the calls, it was pretty even. The Thunder got a majority at the beginning then the Spurs got some around the end.

Biggems
03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
What kind of stupid logic is this?..just because the refs aren't the main reason for a potential loss, it doesn't excuse them for heavily favoring the other team..

we used to get calls, now we dont. that isnt going to change. complaining about it game in and game out will not rectify the situation, nor will it help your blood pressure. just accept it as a way of life in the NBA today.

regardless of the refs, the Spurs have had a chance to win at least 15-18 games that they lost this year....but were too unclutch down the stretch to do so.

Andy25
03-22-2010, 09:43 PM
:hat:hatSpurs players were being hacked and no call on our end and the other way when George looked at Durant the wrong way it was a foul.

Eh, can't really complain about the calls, it was pretty even. The Thunder got a majority at the beginning then the Spurs got some around the end.

DesignatedT
03-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Are you guys going to say this every game? Some of you are sounding liek Sun's fans and not Spur's fans.

every game its deserved. not like its a bunch of sore losers making these threads after a loss... we still won the game but the officiating was fucking horrible.

Rummpd
03-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Duncan and Hill hacked in last 2 minutes and Durant getting Kobe like phantom calls but Spurs won and in the end all that matters. Now for the real fun with Kobe and James getting to the line all day long with impunity. Regards, Peter

tlongII
03-22-2010, 09:47 PM
OKC was called for 23 fouls and the Spurs were called for 22. But hey, believe what you want. :rolleyes

DesignatedT
03-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Duncan and Hill hacked in last 2 minutes and Durant getting Kobe like phantom calls but Spurs won and in the end all that matters. Now for the real fun with Kobe and James getting to the line all day long with impunity. Regards, Peter

ugh. cant wait. :rolleyes

Chomag
03-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, iT was bad officiating tonight. However it was bad on both ends.

Hooks
03-22-2010, 09:53 PM
OKC was called for 23 fouls and the Spurs were called for 22. But hey, believe what you want. :rolleyes

Did you even watch the game you dumb fuck?

Andy25
03-22-2010, 09:54 PM
:wakeupYeah just caused they called almost the same amount on the Thunder doesn't mean the ones on the Spurs were deserved.

greyforest
03-22-2010, 09:55 PM
NBA officiating is atrocious.

they try their best to APPEAR to be impartial, which ends up as shit calls for both teams. watching college basketball is much more tolerable as far as officiating, but unfortunately college players and teams suck horribly compared to NBA

spurtech09
03-22-2010, 09:56 PM
yeah just like against the hawks....refs are screwing the spurs......

tmtcsc

C'mon now, you know timing is everything. :nope

BTW, I didn't see the game but I did see Tim being intentionally fouled last night when he had his arm dragged down. That was AWFUL.

TIMMYD!

The amount of fouls called doesn't make a difference in the officiating that occured.

You dumbfuck.

Dex
03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/27250.jpg

pjjrfan
03-22-2010, 10:01 PM
The last 4 minutes should be a hilight of how bad officiating can get in the NBA. And we got some leeway with Manu's steals, so both teams had alot to bitch about.

CFH
03-22-2010, 10:03 PM
:hat:hatSpurs players were being hacked and no call on our end and the other way when George looked at Durant the wrong way it was a foul.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly in the 2nd or 3rd the Spurs got quite a few calls. I think they just went back and forth at the end; let them play with a few calls here and there.

TJastal
03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Durant really isn't flopping, he just weighs 120lbs.

I'm really shocked nobody has broken his shoulder wiggling arm yet. Would love to see Beastie Blair get his arm and the ball together and give a nice yank, probably pull it right of the socket.

lrrr
03-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Did you even watch the game you dumb fuck?

I don't think Tlong would be able to watch any Kevin Durant game after drafting Greg Bowie.

Kamala
03-22-2010, 10:20 PM
When OKC missed that open 3 I felt like this team finally got a break. Lack of consistent D is a problem but the guys showed heart after an exhausting game last night.

santymrc
03-22-2010, 10:26 PM
When OKC missed that open 3 I felt like this team finally got a break. Lack of consistent D is a problem but the guys showed heart after an exhausting game last night.

I thoght exactly the same thing... Finally a breather.

kaji157
03-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Yeah, but if I remember correctly in the 2nd or 3rd the Spurs got quite a few calls. I think they just went back and forth at the end; let them play with a few calls here and there.

I understand your logic, but it wasn't a few calls here and there.
Durant got calls all day long, while Ginobili and Duncan haven't.
The last 3 Manu drives to the whole had a lot of contact, the three of them, for sure a lot more than what Durant was getting whistles for.
How the refs treat the stars is becaming a lot more important than their overall work. Because at the end when matters most, all balls were for TD, Manu and Durant. And while Manu missed one that was clearly not a foul, the other all had a lot of contact.
And i am not even going to talk about the foul on the rebound of TD where they called a push and both TD hands where up, and the block that was not all ball and he was sandwiched by two defenders, and even if the block was all ball, that is still a foul on either of the other two guys.

Is it something i don't expect? Not at all. Durant is a rising marketing star, while Duncan and Ginobili are at the end of their stars years. But what happened tonight was fucking irrational out there. You have to be at least consistent whith the kind of contact you allow.

Sean Cagney
03-23-2010, 01:10 AM

Just go to a blazers board alread and get the fukk outta here, every post you do in here is against us and you stay on a Spurs board.

CFH
03-23-2010, 07:23 AM
I understand your logic, but it wasn't a few calls here and there.
Durant got calls all day long, while Ginobili and Duncan haven't.
The last 3 Manu drives to the whole had a lot of contact, the three of them, for sure a lot more than what Durant was getting whistles for.
How the refs treat the stars is becaming a lot more important than their overall work. Because at the end when matters most, all balls were for TD, Manu and Durant. And while Manu missed one that was clearly not a foul, the other all had a lot of contact.
And i am not even going to talk about the foul on the rebound of TD where they called a push and both TD hands where up, and the block that was not all ball and he was sandwiched by two defenders, and even if the block was all ball, that is still a foul on either of the other two guys.

Is it something i don't expect? Not at all. Durant is a rising marketing star, while Duncan and Ginobili are at the end of their stars years. But what happened tonight was fucking irrational out there. You have to be at least consistent whith the kind of contact you allow.

That's not surprising at all, Duncan hasn't been getting calls for awhile now. Yeah, it's frustrating but the guys have to play through it and not get too agitated which I can imagine is an absolute pain in the ass. I think the free throw shooting was poor at the beginning as well, something like 4/10??? Plus, Durant getting calls is going to happen, he is a rising star after all. I'll admit it was really getting on my nerves when Ibaka would get foul calls on Duncan and the one where they called Duncan for a loose ball foul when he didn't do anything wrong but reach up for the rebound. I think Eddie Rush just hates the Spurs or something, seems like there are bad calls or no calls every time he officiates Spur games.

anakha
03-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Would love to see Beastie Blair get his arm and the ball together and give a nice yank, probably pull it right of the socket.

Oy vey.

Hook Dem
03-23-2010, 08:57 AM
the officiating sucks.....very true, but the Spurs almost lost cause they were not converting when they had the opportunities.

BTW, i thought Pop would get ejected when they didnt give Mason the call at the end of the 3rd, when he was mugged South Detroit style on his layup attempt.....and then I seriously thought he would get tossed, when a few moments later, Hill barely touched Durant and it was called a foul.

This!!!!!!!

koriwhat
03-23-2010, 11:39 AM

read your reply while looking at your avatar... haha