PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh.....

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Please don't tell me this team is on the verge of gelling.

Please don't tell me we're starting to play well.

Please don't tell me Hill is getting better each game.

Please don't tell me we're in 6th in the West.

Please don't tell me this team has won 10 of 13.

Please don't tell me they basically gave away 2 of those 3 losses.

Please don't let the Spurs slip up and beat l.a.

......because there just might be time to salvage this season.

Something is stirring now with this team. Whether it's just the Rip Van Winkle that is this season simply turning over in his sleep, or if it's the giant of potential finally awakening from his malaise remains to be seen.

Do. Not. Write. Off. This. Team.

.............just yet!
:flag:

jimo2305
03-23-2010, 12:14 AM
great.. you just jynxed us lol..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Please don't tell me you're continuing to post.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Please don't tell me you're continuing to post.

Please don't tell me you're continuing to read ;)

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Someone anti jinx this shit quick

tothrowed
03-23-2010, 12:30 AM
please dont tellme MANU IS A BEAST AND IS CARRYING THIS TEAM

kaji157
03-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Antijinx!

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 12:32 AM
please dont tellme MANU IS A BEAST AND IS CARRYING THIS TEAM

good thing he is because duncan carried this team including manu for the first half of this season.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 12:34 AM
good thing he is because duncan carried this team including manu for the first half of this season.

Amen.

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Amen.

fucking purdue.

im still heartbroken :bang

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 12:36 AM
fucking purdue.

im still heartbroken :bang

Please don't get me started. One point losses for both men's and women's teams. Fucking sucks.

At least SA came through in the clutch tonight.

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Please don't get me started. One point losses for both men's and women's teams. Fucking sucks.

At least SA came through in the clutch tonight.

cant believe that is sloans and davis' last game in maroon. terrible way to go out.

tothrowed
03-23-2010, 12:41 AM
lmaooooo a&mm choked bad haha a&m sucks ass ut baby ut niggas wasnt focused on playin ball they was just worried about not gettin hurt and gettin to da nba or we would of been a hell of a team and im goin 4 norther iowa, st mary's or cornell to win it all

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 12:43 AM
cant believe that is sloans and davis' last game in maroon. terrible way to go out.

Man, I know. Those dudes are great guys--gotten to talk with both of them on more than one occasion. Really humble and down to earth.

But seriously blowing an 11 point lead in the 2nd half is inexcusable. For a team that prides itself on defense, I was disappointed at how little of a fight we put up to keep them from getting back into the game.

At the end of the day, though, glad I'm a Spurs fan first and a college bball fan second. That's the way it'll always be for me.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 12:45 AM
lmaooooo a&mm choked bad haha a&m sucks ass ut baby ut niggas wasnt focused on playin ball they was just worried about not gettin hurt and gettin to da nba or we would of been a hell of a team and im goin 4 norther iowa, st mary's or cornell to win it all

Yeah, all those NBA stars on t.u.'s team that can't play as a fucking unit.

And a head coach that falls from #1 midseason to out of the rankings.

A team that gets swept by freaking BAYLOR.

A team that gets knocked out of the first round of the Big 12 and NCAA tourneys.

Yeah, those guys are shoo-ins for NBA superstardom.

stfu.

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Man, I know. Those dudes are great guys--gotten to talk with both of them on more than one occasion. Really humble and down to earth.

But seriously blowing an 11 point lead in the 2nd half is inexcusable. For a team that prides itself on defense, I was disappointed at how little of a fight we put up to keep them from getting back into the game.

At the end of the day, though, glad I'm a Spurs fan first and a college bball fan second. That's the way it'll always be for me.

haha same here. hopefully d-ro can find a way to get a medical redshirt. would love to see him back next year.

wouldnt mind seeing sloan and davis on the toros if they cant find an nba stint anywhere else...

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 12:56 AM
haha same here. hopefully d-ro can find a way to get a medical redshirt. would love to see him back next year.

wouldnt mind seeing sloan and davis on the toros if they cant find an nba stint anywhere else...

Mmm, I dunno. I hope they make it to the NBA, but they're both still extremely raw. As great as Sloan is, he can disappear when he's needed most, and Davis can be a force inside or a turnover machine (usually the latter if he's matched up with equal or greater talent). Love 'em both, but my gut feeling is that their games are well suited for college play but not NBA level.

Hell, even Acie Law is having a rough go of it, and he was better than both Davis and Sloan combined, IMO.

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Mmm, I dunno. I hope they make it to the NBA, but they're both still extremely raw. As great as Sloan is, he can disappear when he's needed most, and Davis can be a force inside or a turnover machine (usually the latter if he's matched up with equal or greater talent). Love 'em both, but my gut feeling is that their games are well suited for college play but not NBA level.

Hell, even Acie Law is having a rough go of it, and he was better than both Davis and Sloan combined, IMO.

yeah i agree both will prob never amount to anything in the NBA. I think they could both develop and continue to grow though. i think they could definitely play in the nbdl and prob end up overseas or something later on.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2010, 02:30 AM
please dont tellme ghill3 is a beast and is carrying this team

fix

Halberto
03-23-2010, 02:39 AM

God..... damn it. Never make a reference to UT again.

Trainwreck2100
03-23-2010, 02:46 AM
i won't tell you thiat cause it ain't true

Halberto
03-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah, all those NBA stars on t.u.'s team that can't play as a fucking unit.

And a head coach that falls from #1 midseason to out of the rankings.

A team that gets swept by freaking BAYLOR.

A team that gets knocked out of the first round of the Big 12 and NCAA tourneys.

Yeah, those guys are shoo-ins for NBA superstardom.

stfu.

While I can't defend our team this year, I would take our team any other year over A&M.

What's with Aggies calling us T.U.?

One of my greatest joys being a Longhorn is watching Aggies invest so much of themselves into beating us only to fail 90% of the time. :lol

silverblk mystix
03-23-2010, 09:47 AM
uh, i'm sorry, i thought this was spurs-related...

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Check the calendar sons. God bless.

Leetonidas
03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm usually quite the optimist and I agree they certainly are starting to play tough, determined ball out there. But even when Tony comes back, I just don't think we have the size. Timmy can't man the paint by himself, he can't guard Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. He can't guard Dirk, Dampier, and Haywood. We have no size up front, and when your second best defensive big is Bonner, well...

:depressed

I think with a healthy big three and a budding star in G. Hill, and if RJ keeps up his play of late, we can definitely contend. But I have a hard time believing we will get to the Finals when our next tallest player after Tim is Bonner, then after him it's McDyess at 6'9" and Blair at 6'6". Manu has been on a tear, and because of that we will always have a chance. Not a good one, but it still exists.

SuperDave
03-23-2010, 10:20 AM
While I can't defend our team this year, I would take our team any other year over A&M.

What's with Aggies calling us T.U.?

One of my greatest joys being a Longhorn is watching Aggies invest so much of themselves into beating us only to fail 90% of the time.

Stick to talking about the Spurs, because you clearly don't follow college hoops much. Either that or your math skills leave a lot to be desired. The Aggies have split with the 'horns for 5 straight years, and should have swept them this year, having led almost all of regulation at the FEC before losing in OT. NCAA success is roughly equivalent as well during the same period. Furthermore, after witnessing Pittman and Hamilton openly yelling at each other ON THE COURT at Reed, something I'd never seen during a college game before, and then having to be separated by their coaches during the following timeout, I'd welcome the opportunity not to have to talk about that selfish trainwreck of a team if I were you.

So, anyway, back to the SPURS: they are arguably playing their best ball of the season right now, but I still don't think it's enough to even survive the first round, let alone be a real threat in the playoffs. IF Parker can come back for the last few games to get his game going, AND the team can figure out how to seamlessly transition him, AND Manu and Tim don't get worn out from having to carry the team thru this gauntlet, AND Jefferson can build on the occasional flashes he's shown over the past few weeks, then we might be able to make a run. But that's a lot of things that need to go right.

z0sa
03-23-2010, 10:23 AM
This team should have been gellin 40 games ago, and most of that blame falls on Pop. Test the talent and figure your rotation out in January, not April, Hall of Famer.

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Stick to talking about the Spurs, because you clearly don't follow college hoops much. Either that or your math skills leave a lot to be desired. The Aggies have split with the 'horns for 5 straight years, and should have swept them this year, having led almost all of regulation at the FEC before losing in OT. NCAA success is roughly equivalent as well during the same period. Furthermore, after witnessing Pittman and Hamilton openly yelling at each other ON THE COURT at Reed, something I'd never seen during a college game before, and then having to be separated by their coaches during the following timeout, I'd welcome the opportunity not to have to talk about that selfish trainwreck of a team if I were you.

So, anyway, back to the SPURS: they are arguably playing their best ball of the season right now, but I still don't think it's enough to even survive the first round, let alone be a real threat in the playoffs. IF Parker can come back for the last few games to get his game going, AND the team can figure out how to seamlessly transition him, AND Manu and Tim don't get worn out from having to carry the team thru this gauntlet, AND Jefferson can build on the occasional flashes he's shown over the past few weeks, then we might be able to make a run. But that's a lot of things that need to go right.

Cant forget that the Aggies lost a starting G and court leader right before big 12 play which took a big toll on this team skill wise and emotionally. The way the bounced back was very surprising.

As for the Spurs, I think thats the key... We have to find a way to keep duncan and manu healthy for when tony comes back. I feel that if that happens and rj continues to grow i feel like we might be able to make a splash in the playoffs.

easy7
03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Don't tell me that people are still bitching.

Dex
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
I will not tell you any of those things.

Halberto
03-23-2010, 01:34 PM

Calm down, I was referring to sports in general. But still, I'd say our basketball teams have more success than you think. Also, like I said, I can't defend our team this year.

As for the Spurs I think we'll be fine as long as we don't play Utah or LA in the first round. Even without Bynum I think they're too strong.

Frenzy
03-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm usually quite the optimist and I agree they certainly are starting to play tough, determined ball out there. But even when Tony comes back, I just don't think we have the size. Timmy can't man the paint by himself, he can't guard Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. He can't guard Dirk, Dampier, and Haywood. We have no size up front, and when your second best defensive big is Bonner, well...

:depressed

I think with a healthy big three and a budding star in G. Hill, and if RJ keeps up his play of late, we can definitely contend. But I have a hard time believing we will get to the Finals when our next tallest player after Tim is Bonner, then after him it's McDyess at 6'9" and Blair at 6'6". Manu has been on a tear, and because of that we will always have a chance. Not a good one, but it still exists.
good anti jinx :wakeup

LoneStarState'sPride
03-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Has the thread been anti-jinxed enough? Can I come back from my one day purgatory called an academic day? ;)