DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Yeah I'm serious, it was the #10 play on sportscenter :lmao

PGDynasty24
03-23-2010, 01:46 AM
his team is last in the CBA. how pathetic

Indazone
03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
So why Marbury there? He’s in a poor, remote, hick town in China that 99 percent of the western world has never heard of? Money of course. For a second I thought it was that he just fell off the deep end, which he may still have done. What else would motivate a guy like Marbury.

He’s going to China to promote his low cost signature Starbury line of shoes and apparel to the 300 million Chinese people who play basketball. His shoes, which cost as little as $15, haven’t been that popular here. I’ve never seen anybody wear them. He’s one of the worst athletes to aspire to be like, so it makes sense that no American who could afford better would buy his stuff.

But the Chinese don’t know that much about him. To them he’s just an NBA player who at one point was considered pretty high profile. If he can stick in Zhongyu the rest of the season, fool the Chinese into thinking he’s a great guy, his scheme may just be genius. And probably a screenplay will be written about it.

It’s a prototypical sports movie. Bad team brings in selfish, washed-up former star to play or to coach. Then they remember their love for the game and there’s magic and the team is victorious. Maybe throw in a Chinese love interest for Stephon. It would be perfect.

http://www.todaysmachiningworld.com/full-court-press-with-china/

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 10:52 AM
What a feel good story this is :)

Indazone
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah it's the Chinese version of "Hoosiers" :lmao

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 12:42 PM
So why Marbury there? He’s in a poor, remote, hick town in China

The city he play in has population of 4 million just in the city area.

lefty
03-23-2010, 12:46 PM
That means he is good enough to play with the Knicks

Indazone
03-23-2010, 01:21 PM
The city he play in has population of 4 million just in the city area.

In China a city of 4 million is considered a backwater hole in the wall. By comparison, Beijing and Shanghai have populations of 13 mil and 19 mil respectively.

Mr Bones
03-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Marbury certainly has his issues and I've disagreed with many of the things he has done, but trying to provide an affordable basketball sneaker to poor kids is not one of them. I have to say it's a hell of a lot nobler than what most players do, namely endorsing almost any company or product that will pay them a good amount of money to do so. Jordan was a great player, but I can't say I'm especially impressed that he wants kids to spend $200 on a pair of sneakers while also eating as much crappy junk food as possible.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
In China a city of 4 million is considered a backwater hole in the wall. By comparison, Beijing and Shanghai have populations of 13 mil and 19 mil respectively.

Chicago is a hick town compared to New York and LA.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Chicago is a hick town compared to New York and LA.

:lmao first time I've ever seen KBP get the better of an argument.