PDA

View Full Version : Who you got in the Tourney and Why? Sweet 16 Baby!

Indazone
03-23-2010, 10:38 AM
St Mary’s, Butler, Tennessee, UNI, Baylor, Washington, Kansas State Kentucky, Syracuse, Ohio State, Michigan State, West Virginia, Cornell, Xavier, Purdue, and Duke.

Who you got!

For me it's the Boilers as the sentimental favorite since I went to school there. But after that its underdog city! Go St. Mary's, Northern Iowa, Cornell, Butler and the X-Men.

benefactor
03-23-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm pretty much cheering for Baylor by default because most of my wife's family is from the Waco area.

symple19
03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Not Purdue

JoshO501
03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Not Purdue

Who do you think auburn gets as their coach?

Thunder Dan
03-24-2010, 11:41 AM
buckeyes

JoeTait75
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Ohio State so they can make me look like a jackass for a.) saying Thad Matta can't coach and b.) saying Jon Diebler should be playing at a MAC school.

DBryant88
03-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Kentucky

John Wall

nuff said

symple19
03-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Who do you think auburn gets as their coach?

I got excited when they were throwing Tubby's name around, but now I just don't know.

Here are the rumored candidates, although Auburn isn't commenting publicly on the search:

Chuck Person is hot in Auburn circles right now, although he doesn't have a degree or head coaching experience. He's currently a special assistant with the Lakers, and second only to Sir Charles in regards to best ever to play for the Tigers

Tony Barbee from UTEP is another that looks interesting.

Bob Marlin from Sam Houston St.

Johnny Jones from North Texas

Sam Mitchell Former Raptors head coach

The above is the supposed short list, but I expect Jay Jacobs (Auburns AD) to continue the search through at least the end of the NCAA tourny.

With Auburn finally opening a new arena next year, they will be upgrading what is widely considered the worst B-ball facilities in the SEC. I'm glad that they decided to get rid of Lebo and find some new blood to get the program moving in the right direction again.

I fully expect to see a black coach chosen in the end, (I like either Person or Barbee personally) which will be a great step forward for diversity at Auburn. Recruiting has suffered badly since Cliff Ellis left, so the new guy will have to be able to bring in some better talent, and fast.

symple19
03-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Kentucky

John Wall

nuff said

agreed

blkroadrunners
03-24-2010, 03:16 PM
As long as it's not Duke, I could care less.

K-State Spur
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Kentucky

John Wall

nuff said

not nearly enough said. the list of young teams that have won the championship in the past 25 years basically begins and ends with 2003 syracuse. every other champion of the modern era has had some level of experience, even if lacking the most talent.

Flintstones32
03-25-2010, 12:18 AM
I think Syracuse and Washington have looked the best so far, but previous games do not usually mean shit. I'm gonna have to stick with who I picked in my bracket. W. Virginia even with Bryant out.

DesignatedT
03-25-2010, 12:59 AM
yeah i think washington is the only double digit seed that has a legit chance of winning it all.. although i think st marys might be able to beat gaylor this week.

JoeTait75
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
not nearly enough said. the list of young teams that have won the championship in the past 25 years basically begins and ends with 2003 syracuse. every other champion of the modern era has had some level of experience, even if lacking the most talent.

What about Pervis Ellison leading Louisville to the title as a freshman in '86? That team had some veterans to be sure- Milt Wagner, Billy Thompson- but Never Nervous Pervis was the best player on the floor in the championship game.

Pretty sure the 1997 Arizona team was young too. Mike Bibby was a freshman and I think Miles Simon was an underclassman as well.

Indazone
03-30-2010, 03:19 AM
I still got one underdog fav in there. Go Butler Bulldogs. 2010 National Champions!!! A Real Life "Hoosiers" story.

florige
04-05-2010, 12:18 AM
St Mary’s, Butler, Tennessee, UNI, Baylor, Washington, Kansas State Kentucky, Syracuse, Ohio State, Michigan State, West Virginia, Cornell, Xavier, Purdue, and Duke.

Who you got!

For me it's the Boilers as the sentimental favorite since I went to school there. But after that its underdog city! Go St. Mary's, Northern Iowa, Cornell, Butler and the X-Men.

I was pulling for St Mary's after the dismantlement of Villanova. But that didn't work out. But I do remember telling guys at my job that no one is mentioning Duke and to watch those assholes. They flew under the radar with everyone jumping on the Kentucky, Syracuse, and Kansas boat. They are not as athletic as say prior Duke teams, but they are efficient in getting the job done. I heard Butler is the same way. Hopefully we will be in for a good game and not a blowout. Not unless it is Duke getting blown out. Lol

florige
04-05-2010, 12:21 AM

lol

SpursFanFirst
04-05-2010, 01:41 AM

:lol

GO DAWGS!