PDA

View Full Version : Bad dvd rental of the week

Blake
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Saw Old Dogs this weekend.

With a cast like that I can't understand how a movie could fail so miserably, but it did.

All the "funny parts" if you call them that are on the previews.

:td :td

The Gemini Method
03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Though I didn't rent it, The Invention of Lying wasn't all that great...You would expect alot more from Ricky Gervais...

Blake
03-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Though I didn't rent it, The Invention of Lying wasn't all that great...You would expect alot more from Ricky Gervais...

I was definitely expecting more from that movie. Based on the low amount of buzz, I should have known better.

ekalb
03-23-2010, 04:58 PM
:td:td

.sweiverp eht no era taht meht llac uoy fi "strap ynnuf" eht llA

.did ti tub ,ylbaresim os liaf dluoc eivom a woh dnatsrednu t'nac I taht ekil tsac a htiW

.dnekeew siht sgoD dlO waS

ekalb
03-23-2010, 04:58 PM

.retteb nwonk evah dluohs I ,zzub fo tnuoma wol eht no desaB .eivom taht morf erom gnitcepxe yletinifed saw I

Fpoonsie
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
The Men Who Stare at Goats was SUCH a disappointment. From the previews, it wasn't a total reach to assume that Bridges was bringin' back a bit of his Lebowski character. Instead, he was just some boring, unfunny hippie.

760Spursfan
03-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Was it as bad as "wild Hogs". That movie was a piece of crap and had a good cast.

The Gemini Method
03-23-2010, 06:29 PM
One from the previous weekend was; The Fourth Kind...It didn't really capture the essence of what it was attempting to portray. Shoddy documentary footage and inconsistency in acting doomed this picture for me.

Blake
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Was it as bad as "wild Hogs". That movie was a piece of crap and had a good cast.

eh. tough call.

Wild Hogs was better, imo.....but I havent seen it in a while.

fraga
03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/images/trailer-paul-blart-mall-cop.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
03-23-2010, 09:30 PM

With a cast like that I can't understand how a movie could fail so miserably, but it did.

The cast was the reason I knew the movie would be a piece of shit.

sa_butta
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
One from the previous weekend was; The Fourth Kind...It didn't really capture the essence of what it was attempting to portray. Shoddy documentary footage and inconsistency in acting doomed this picture for me.

I was also dissapointed with this one.
And Old Dogs was good enough for my 5 year old daughter, but I was not nearly as amused.

RandomGuy
03-24-2010, 12:44 PM

I thought it was very well done. Not overstated, and it didn't insult my intelligence.

One could certainly do worse.

RandomGuy
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM

Still doesn't hold a candle to "Gene Generation"s steamy pile of putrescence.

Kobe Molested Me
03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
The Hurt Locker.

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Boondock Saints 2 blew

Stringer_Bell
03-24-2010, 03:36 PM

What?!?! Wild Hogs was good mindless family entertainment...were you expecting Role Models/Dodgeball levels of epic comedy? Turn off your brain, drink a few beers, and enjoy the crazy shenanigans of men suffering through a midlife crisis that ultimately find that being themselves is more rewarding than being something they aren't.

I'm not a studio plant, I swear it!