PDA

View Full Version : John Malkovich is dead to me.

Spurminator
03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/23/john-malkovich-and-frances-mcdormand-transformers-3-just-got-classy/

High-brow Oscar darlings John Malkovich and Frances McDormand have signed on to star in the next installment of Michael Bay’s Autobots vs. Decepticons saga, Transformers 3. You read that right. The very respectable thespian pair behind some of cinema’s most nerve-rattling psychos and Coen brothers heroines will spend the summer standing in front of a green screen doing their serious-actorly best to appear terrified by gigantic robots. Needless to say, that’s quite a 180 from Megan Fox.

Yesterday, Bay announced on his web site that Malkovich and McDormand (plus The Hangover’s antic Ken Jeong) would come for an E-ticket ride on his big-budget tentpole, which starts pre-shooting next month. And if it seems a bit strange that this pair, which has six Academy Award nominations between them, would sign up for a sequel to a sequel adapted from a line of toys, then maybe you haven’t been paying attention to the way the wind has been blowing in Hollywood lately. After all, Malkovich and McDormand aren’t the first respectable actors who’ve signed on for event films. Just think of all the classically trained British knights and dames in the Harry Potter flicks, or Liam Neeson joining the cast of The A-Team, or Penelope Cruz setting sail for Pirates of the Caribbean 4, or…well, you get the idea.

On one hand, it would be churlish to knock a serious actor because they want to have some fun in a movie that millions of people actually go to see (and get paid handsomely for the effort, no doubt). But you also can’t help but snicker a little bit at the thought of a guy like Malkovich trying to pronounce the name ‘Sam Witwicky’ without it sounding skin-crawlingly eerie. I’m not sure if this makes me more or less excited to see Transformers 3. But maybe that’s just because I’m waiting for Al Pacino or Robert De Niro to sign on for the splashy new 3-D Popeye film.

Xylus
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
John Malkovich turned Con-Air, an otherwise horrible, horrible movie, into a classic single-handedly.

Cyrus the Virus, baby!

That said, fuck Transformers.

DPG21920
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Dude, the first transformers was sick.

760Spursfan
03-23-2010, 05:24 PM
John Malkovich turned Con-Air, an otherwise horrible, horrible movie, into a classic single-handedly.

Cyrus the Virus, baby!

:toast

CubanSucks
03-23-2010, 05:30 PM

Cyrus the Virus, baby!

indeed

The Reckoning
03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
the thought of penelope cruz in a sexy pirate outfit makes me want to shiver me timber

Strike
03-23-2010, 08:13 PM

No. No it wasn't. Well, unless you mean sickening.

DPG21920
03-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Whatever. If you love comic books and video games more than women, I can see you hating the first Transformers.

If not, it was cool.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
penelope cruz is considered a serious actress now?

I've never understood people who think she's a good actress or hot. She's neither. Fugly is more like it

oh crap
03-23-2010, 09:24 PM
I've never understood people who think she's a good actress or hot. She's neither. Fugly is more like it

fully fucking agree. i've been calling her overrated for years now.

DPG21920
03-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Now why would someone who loves comic books and video games hate Transformers?

I hated Transformers the millisecond I saw Optimus Prime's lips

Because they like to say "oh the comic was so much darker" and shit like that.

DPG21920
03-23-2010, 09:41 PM
your mom's asshole was much darker after i shit in it

ghey

Cant_Be_Faded
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM

:rolleyes x a bajillion

Cant_Be_Faded
03-23-2010, 09:52 PM
penelope cruz is considered a serious actress now?

damn gallahad have you never heard of vanilla sky?

CuckingFunt
03-23-2010, 10:01 PM

I've never found her hot, but I do think she can be quite a good actress. I've loved her in everything she's done with Pedro Almodovar and thought she deserved the Oscar she got for Vicky Christina Barcelona.

Trainwreck2100
03-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Transformers 1 was a decent movie ruined by stupid teen love story and shitty section 8 subplot. The military parts and the final city battle were pretty good. And Weaving was a good choice for Megatron in his limited role.

Transformers 2 tried to convince you that Megan Fox was a good actress when she has no business opening her mouth.(actually she does, just not in a speaking capacity) The military guys were relegated to background, Megatron turned into a pussy, and they killed Optimus Prime. Which only worked out in the animated movie because they had ultra fucking magnus.

Mister Sinister
03-23-2010, 11:34 PM
There best be Unicron.

Trainwreck2100
03-23-2010, 11:35 PM
There best be Unicron.

fuck no, bay will put him in the movie just so in the end there will be a really really really really really big explosion punchline

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2010, 12:07 AM
yes i've seen total recall 2

you said that after we left the theater too

Frenzy
03-24-2010, 12:45 AM
critics critics.

make your own movie if you don't like it :elephant

ShoogarBear
03-24-2010, 01:08 AM
Maybe if Malkovich dies after making Transformers 3, they'll give him an Oscar.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-24-2010, 06:18 AM
I've never found her hot, but I do think she can be quite a good actress. I've loved her in everything she's done with Pedro Almodovar and thought she deserved the Oscar she got for Vicky Christina Barcelona.

This, except I have and do find Penelope Cruz hot in a sophisticated and probably high maintenance way.

As for Transformers, it was awesome as a Saturday morning cartoon in the '80s, but the movie SUCKED. Total fucking fail. Vehicle for moving product, nothing more. :vomit:

Capt Bringdown
03-24-2010, 07:26 AM
To paraphrase the great UK actor Michael Caine, when asked why he lent his services to some terrible movie:

"Dreadful movie. But you should see the house it bought."

Jimcs50
03-24-2010, 01:58 PM
In my club, I will splash the pot whenever the fuck I please.

Nyet! Nyet! No More! No! Not tonight! This son of bitch, all night he, "Check. Check. Check." He trap me!

Strike
03-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Whatever. If you love comic books and video games more than women, I can see you hating the first Transformers.

If not, it was cool.

Maybe, except I've never fully read a comic book and spend less than 2 hours a week playing video games. Transformers sucked because it was shitty acting and horrible writing covered up by a bukkake size helping of pretty colors and flashy effects.

Nice try, though.

angel_luv
03-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Penelope Cruz is a very beautiful lady and a good actor. I was more interested in watching the new Pirates once I learned they added her to the cast.
I think she will make a nice addition.

Strike
03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
She's a decent actor, but I'm not sure about the "very beautiful" part. Definitely doable but not on the level of say, Jessica Biel or Scarlett Johansson.

angel_luv
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM
She's a decent actor, but I'm not sure about the "very beautiful" part. Definitely doable but not on the level of say, Jessica Biel or Scarlett Johansson.

Well I am not a guy so what do I know. :lol

I think Penelope has great eyes and beatiful hair and a good figure.
And I agree with you that Biel and Johansson are also beautiful.

boutons_deux
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
"a good figure"

agree on the face (very unHollywood-plastic-blond-bimbo) and hair, but she has worse-than-average figure, and a horrible walk

Not a very good actress.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
03-25-2010, 03:39 AM
In my club, I will splash the pot whenever the fuck I please.

Nyet! Nyet! No More! No! Not tonight! This son of bitch, all night he, "Check. Check. Check." He trap me!

Thees kid, he' jus' hanging around... kid's got alligator blood...

angel_luv
03-25-2010, 10:49 AM
"a good figure"

agree on the face (very unHollywood-plastic-blond-bimbo) and hair, but she has worse-than-average figure, and a horrible walk

Not a very good actress.

I am not a fan of the typical Hollywood figures. I like regular people figures- is more natural. I never noticed how she walks, but then again I don't have a nice graceful, girly walk myself.