PDA

View Full Version : TNT NBA studio team to announce game Thursday

duncan228
03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
TNT NBA studio team to announce game Thursday (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-tntannouncers&prov=ap&type=lgns)

TNT’s NBA studio team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith will announce a game together for the first time since 2001.

The trio will call the game Thursday in Chicago between the Miami Heat and Bulls. It’s the first time they’ve gone on the road in the regular season since a trip to New Orleans in 2006 following Hurricane Katrina.

Barkley will do the in-game interviews with coaches, while Smith will also provide a running commentary on Twitter.

The “studio swap” is among the highlights of the coverage that includes a number of NBA Digital’s platforms. Also planned is a live chat with Hall of Famer Kevin McHale on NBA.com following halftime of the second game, and special camera feeds on the Web site.

Allanon
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Studio team should do the big Playoff games too.

baseline bum
03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I hope Barkley doing the interviews doesn't mean they're only letting Kenny do color. Barkley was hilarious when he did color in 01. I think it was an Atlanta-Philadelphia game. I remember Nazr Mohammed posting up Mutombo, and as soon as he made his move, Barkley said "This is getting blocked". Sure enough, Mutombo swatted that shit in the seats.

icem
03-23-2010, 08:16 PM
must see TV....

Darthkiller
03-23-2010, 09:09 PM
they need to do playoff games

TIMMYD!
03-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I hope Barkley doing the interviews doesn't mean they're only letting Kenny do color. Barkley was hilarious when he did color in 01. I think it was an Atlanta-Philadelphia game. I remember Nazr Mohammed posting up Mutombo, and as soon as he made his move, Barkley said "This is getting blocked". Sure enough, Mutombo swatted that shit in the seats.

I'd watch that game for sure if he's a color commentator. If he's just doing the interviews I might not be as inclined to even though Smith is still pretty hilarious sometimes.

Frenzy
03-23-2010, 09:28 PM
what no marc jackson!

AnthonyM
03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
I think it's going to be all three of them announcing the game with Barkley and Smith as color...and they mean Barkley will get the interviews after the 1st and 3rd quarters with the coaches and stuff ala Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson have done...

ezzizle
03-23-2010, 11:03 PM
better than reggie miller lawl

duncan228
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
It's tonight.

TNT, NBA Digital present interactive experience (http://www.nba.com/2010/news/03/23/tnt.interactive/index.html#?ls=iref:nbahpt1)
By Official Release

On Thursday, March 25, LIVE from Chicago, TNT and NBA Digital will team up for a special interactive edition of TNT NBA Thursday, fully integrating TNT, NBA TV and NBA.com.

The coverage, which tips off at 8 p.m. ET, will be highlighted by TNT's Emmy-Award winning studio team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith announcing the Miami Heat at Chicago Bulls game courtside from the United Airlines Arena.

NBA TV's Matt Winer, Kevin McHale and Chris Webber will be providing coverage from TNT's studio J in Atlanta.

Fans will get inside access through live tweeting, special player and game camera feeds, exclusive HD pocket cam videos and a live stream chat with McHale on NBA.com.

The second game will feature the Dallas Mavericks versus the Portland Trail Blazers at 9:30 p.m. (ET), with Marv Albert (play-by-play) and Mike Fratello (analyst) courtside, with David Aldridge reporting.

The Heat-Bulls game will include a social media first for Turner Sports and will fully integrate TNT, NBA TV and NBA.com. The cross promotion will weave exclusive NBA.com content throughout the TNT telecast. Highlights include:

Twitter Integration

For the first time, a Turner Sports game announcer will use Twitter to share his thoughts throughout a telecast, with Smith providing a running courtside commentary from Chicago. On-site reporter Craig Sager will provide additional tweets from the Windy City, with Webber providing additional commentary and analysis of action on-and-off the court. Tweets will be featured on the NBA TweetMix Channel, http://www.nba.com/tweetmixx/. TweetMix provides a real-time stream of tweets from talent and official league team accounts and features "chatter" and "links" tabs that aggregate all tweets with NBA-related terms.

Mosaic on NBA.com

TNT Overtime Extra, an interactive application, will provide a mosaic view allowing users to watch four exclusive camera angles at one time:

• Announcer Cam -- A camera will be focused on the Inside crew throughout the game and, for the first time, fans will get live commentary from EJ, Kenny and Charles during select commercial breaks.

• Player Cams (2) -- Fans will vote each quarter for one player each from the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat. An isolated camera will focus on the players.

• Robo Cam -- This camera, which is mounted above the backboard, will give unique perspectives of the action on the court.

Exclusive HD Pocket Cam Videos

On Thursday, Johnson will take fans behind the scenes of TNT's production meeting as he uses an HD pocket video camera to provide a peek into the inner workings of an Emmy award winning broadcast.

Live Stream Chat with Kevin McHale on NBA.com

The Hall of Famer will take questions from fans via Facebook and Twitter following halftime of the Mavericks -- Trail Blazers game.

Studio Swap

This marks the first time since 2001 that the EmmyŇ-award winning TNT studio team has called a game together. It's also their first regular-season road trip since visiting New Orleans in 2006 in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The NBA TV gang in Atlanta will provide pregame, halftime and postgame shows. Johnson will handle play-by-play duties, with Smith and Barkley serving as analysts. Barkley will also interview both coaches during the game.

"This is a great opportunity to combine the production resources and talent of TNT and NBA Digital to create an entertaining, innovative and immersive experience for viewers watching at home and following online," said Jeff Behnke, senior vice president and executive producer for Turner Sports.

TNT, one of cable's top-rated networks, is television's destination for drama and home to such original series as the acclaimed and highly popular detective drama The Closer, starring Kyra Sedgwick; Men of a Certain Age, with Ray Romano, Andre Braugher and Scott Bakula; Saving Grace, starring Holly Hunter; HawthoRNe, with Jada Pinkett Smith; Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton; and Dark Blue, starring Dylan McDermott; the upcoming Rizzoli & Isles (working title), starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander; Memphis Beat, with Jason Lee; and Southland, from Emmy®-winning producer John Wells (ER). TNT also presents such powerful dramas as Bones, CSI: NY and Numb3rs; broadcast premiere movies; compelling primetime specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild Awards®; and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR and the NBA. TNT is available in high-definition.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., presents some of the best and most popular sporting events worldwide and is a leader in televised and online sports programming. With events airing on TBS and TNT, Turner Sports' television line-up includes coverage of NASCAR, the NBA, MLB and professional golf. The division's digital portfolio consists of NASCAR.COM, PGATOUR.COM and PGA.com. In addition, Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA League Pass, NBADLeague.com and WNBA.com.

NBA Digital is the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly managed by the NBA and Turner Sports. This robust offering includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.

Xevious
03-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Have to work tonight. Normally I wouldn't bother on a Heat-Bulls game, but this may be worth DVR time.

z0sa
03-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Too bad TNT's actual coverage (lack of replays most especially, game-pertinent stats, etc) is pretty shitty.

badfish22
03-25-2010, 07:42 PM
:lmao Chuck has been great so far.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 07:43 PM
The Bulls and Heat get way too many National TV games..I understand the Wade and maybe the Rose factor, but they've still gotten too many the past few years..

badfish22
03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
"Listen numbnuts, I said no to your sister"

Allanon
03-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Too bad the actual game sucks. They should have done Mavs/Blazers.

DJ Mbenga
03-25-2010, 08:19 PM
LMAO bulls

djohn2oo8
03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Charles: " I gotta tell ya, Derrick Rose got alot of game yall"

Ernie: "Is that a newsflash?"

LMAO

Allanon
03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
"My grandma used to put WD-40 on her ankles and knees to loosen them up" Charles

lurker
03-25-2010, 09:19 PM
"I wish I was in the studio. I'm missing The Mentalist."

DJ Mbenga
03-25-2010, 09:23 PM
if you are black you need to have your house silver to match up with all the duct tape

DJ Mbenga
03-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Kenny: have you seen the thunder play?
Chuck: yeah they have durant, westbrook and that ibaka guy or chewbaka.

Allanon
03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
If I could get my hands on Mariotti or Skip Bayless I'd beat 'em like a drum.

badfish22
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
"if i could get my hands on jay mariotti or skip bayless id beat them like a drum"

http://landofdavecorzine.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/mariotti.jpg

badfish22
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
TNT was smart for putting on Chuck for this shitty game. Only reason anyone is watching.

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Honest feedback by these guys.

Game sucked even with Wade playing great (yes he is STILL better than Durant) BUT he doesnt bring the same wow factor kobe Lebron or even Durant brings ...

Poor Derek Rose ...but if healthy if you add wade and a real center ...Noah a bit undersized ...they would be DEADLY