PDA

View Full Version : For the cat lovers...

Clandestino
05-03-2005, 11:42 AM
CANBERRA (Reuters) - The line for the toilet is about to get longer.

Fed up with the mess created by kitty litter and inspired by the cat "Mr Jinks" in the Hollywood film "Meet the Fockers," an Australian woman has invented a toilet training system for cats called the "Litter-Kwitter."

Mother-of-two Jo Lapidge is flushed with success after teaching her family's Burmese cat, Doogal, to use the toilet.

"Doogal has fallen in, but he hasn't fallen in by accident, he has done it playing with the water," Lapidge told Reuters.

The Litter-Kwitter (http://litterkwitter.com.au/) is a three-step process, starting with a red toilet seat-shaped disc filled with cat litter and sitting on the floor next to the toilet, like a normal tray. Next the red disc is placed on the toilet so the cat can get used to jumping up onto the seat.

Then the red disc is replaced with an amber disc with a small hole. When the cat is accustomed to the water below, the amber disc is replaced with a green disc which has a larger hole.

The aim is that fastidious felines should eventually be able to use a normal toilet seat.

"Because the water covers the smell, it makes the burying or covering up instinct redundant ... To fully train Doogal it took about eight weeks," said Lapidge, adding that she hopes to start manufacturing the Litter-Kwitter soon.

But, unlike Mr Jinks, teaching cats to flush could be a little harder.

AlamoSpursFan
05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
I remember a story on that early 80's show That's Incredible (or was it Real People?) about people training their cats to use the crapper.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Just what you want, cat shit on your toilet seat in the middle of the night.

Great.

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 08:08 AM
They can't flush, they have no opposable thumbs

Useruser666
05-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Don't need those to flush Jim. Unless your toilet needs to be squeezed to be flushed.

EDIT: Are you talking about a cat pinching a lobe? :lol

AlamoSpursFan
05-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Great. Now I'm racking my brain trying to remember the Robert Schimmel bit about the cat using the toilet. Something like "Now when you gotta go, the cat's in there...'Are you gonna be long? Fuck it, where's the box...' and then you use the box and your friends come over and say 'what the fuck kind of cat do you have? a mountain lion?'"

exstatic
05-04-2005, 11:30 AM
This was the rage a while back, but there were some drawbacks. Basically, the cat gets used to voiding while standing on the edge of a precipace (the toilet seat). Cats then started voiding off the edge of everything, dining room tables included. Not good.

exstatic
05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Great. Now I'm racking my brain trying to remember the Robert Schimmel bit about the cat using the toilet. Something like "Now when you gotta go, the cat's in there...'Are you gonna be long? Fuck it, where's the box...' and then you use the box and your friends come over and say 'what the fuck kind of cat do you have? a mountain lion?'"

That reminded me of an interview with Clooney one time where he played a joke on his roommate back befoe either of them was a working actor. George never cleaned the catbox. So, the joke was that he started always cleaning the catbox. His roommate was freaking for a few days, thinking something was wrong with the cat. Then, George took a huge dump in the box. His roommate was like "Oh my God, kitty!" :lol

His roommate was Richard Kind, this guy
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/images/he/photo/tv_pix/abc/spin_city_cast_photos/richard_kind/spincity.jpg