PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's Future

raspsa
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Timmy says he'd like to continue playing as long as he's able to. Assuming his body is able, is do you think he'd still be willing to play but no longer as a starter? He'd be invaluable mentoring any new Spurs bigs plus could still be productive in limited minutes.

mazerrackham
03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
nope. He'll retire when his contract's up

DesignatedT
03-23-2010, 08:33 PM
only way i see him staying past his contract is if we are still contenders and he has another big that can take over the paint. much like robinson did once duncan got here.

as for him coming off the bench.. i doubt in the next few years we will be able to find 2 big men that are both worthy of starting over duncan so i doubt it will ever come to that.

djohn2oo8
03-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Doesn't look bright.

:lol Hello there, Captain Obvious

ffadicted
03-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Dont wanna see Duncan pull an olajuwan, no thanks

daslicer
03-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Dont wanna see Duncan pull an olajuwan, no thanks

Agreed and I think on top of that its not in him to pull an Olaujuwon. Duncan is a very humble he strikes me as someone who can easily walk away from the game and accept he isn't the player he once was unlike a bunch of other former greats who weren't willing to let go. He also doesn't need the money considering from what I have heard that he is very conservative with his savings. I think he's pretty much done once his contract expires unless the spurs are suddenly contenders again by that time.

Frenzy
03-23-2010, 09:39 PM
only way i see him staying past his contract is if we are still contenders and he has another big that can take over the paint. much like robinson did once duncan got here.

as for him coming off the bench.. i doubt in the next few years we will be able to find 2 big men that are both worthy of starting over duncan so i doubt it will ever come to that.

Lightning striking twice with a fresh new big for duncan to mentor?.....man that would be a sign the gods have showed Spurs favor.

No likely but what a wish.

tothrowed
03-23-2010, 09:48 PM
:lol Hello there, Captain Obvious
damn dawg who dat is on yo sig

SenorSpur
03-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Pop isn't doing Duncan any favors by not providing him with more help along the frontline. The coach's stubborn use of the small-ball lineups only compound the issue. Duncan is already being overtaxed carrying both the offensive and rebounding loads for this team. That was ok when he was in his prime. It's not OK now.

Waps1980
03-24-2010, 02:53 AM
You'd like to think he'd be all for taking a qualified young big under his wing.
Much the same as Robinson did with him, just getting hold of a young big that holds all those cards is really what the Spurs should be trying to do right now.

I think it is the most impressive thing for a player to do, to step back and help mould the next big thing.