PDA

View Full Version : Greek Media Rockets GM Scout Schortsanitis Teodosic In Person

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 04:40 AM
It was report in Greek media that Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey was in person scouting Olympiacos free agents Sofoklis Schortsanitis and Milos Teodosic.

It was say that they have both been contacted and offered contracts by him.

These would be great players for Rockets if this is true. Sofo is dominant and is far better than Hayes and Andersen combined.

Teodosic for example is much better than Rubio and Lull.

Here is highlight of Sofoklis Schortsanitis

Zrs4rGBMlbw&fmtl=35

Here is highlight of Milos Teodosic

K5TW6B-SYxc&fmtl=35

ezau
03-24-2010, 05:35 AM
I have always wanted to see Big Sofo in the NBA. Why didn't he play for the Warriors?

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 07:40 AM
It was report in Greek media that Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey was in person scouting Olympiacos free agents Sofoklis Schortsanitis and Milos Teodosic.

It was say that they have both been contacted and offered contracts by him.
These would be great players for Rockets if this is true. Sofo is dominant and is far better than Hayes and Andersen combined.

Teodosic for example is much better than Rubio and Lull.

:rollin

So Daryl Morey is offering a contract to a player whose NBA rights are held by another franchise.

You're trying too hard.

mogrovejo
03-24-2010, 08:35 AM
LOL!

Can't wait to see which franchise will offer a big contract to Pelekanos, Lorrenzo Wade and Kakiouzis.

I have always wanted to see Big Sofo in the NBA. Why didn't he play for the Warriors?

He was too busy eating.

Bob Lanier
03-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I could point them to another Greek who's short on sanity.

Indazone
03-24-2010, 10:25 AM
As long as he doesn't eat the Big Macs when he's here. If he comes he will be a good center. But will he whine about playing time because he's going to be backing up Yao.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
As long as he doesn't eat the Big Macs when he's here. If he comes he will be a good center. But will he whine about playing time because he's going to be backing up Yao.

In Euroleague games this season he averages 7ppg and 2.2rpg in 12mpg, so he shouldn't complain about playing behind Yao.

Indazone
03-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Wow he went from anchoring the Greek National team to just 7 ppg, 2.2 rpg and 12 mpg? WTF happened to him other than him gaining 100 lbs of lard?

Indazone
03-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Sofoklis Schortsianitis was a huge hit at the 2006 FIBA World Championship in Japan following a very impressive campaign at Olympiakos under then coach Jonas Kazlauskas. In the time since, he has struggled to maintain his focus and battled weight issues, spending all of the 2007-08 season away from the floor with Olympiakos. The arrival of Yannakis at Olympiacos after the Reds' sacking of Pini Gershon led to a Schortsianitis revival. Big Sofo agreed to attend a special center in Switzerland to lose weight and made his first steps back to basketball in the spring of 2008, coming back with the national team in the summer of 2008, but his role was much more limited. Sofoklis has often had weight problems but when he wears the national team jersey, he becomes a 150 kilo monster, moving through the paint with the quickness of a guard. This son of a Greek father and a Cameroonian mother, Sofo used to be a chess champion in his hometown of Kavala but he soon turned to more physical activities.

Indazone
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Hope Morey knows what he's doing...and we don't get this.

http://kourkouti.yooblog.gr/files/2007/10/sofo-paralias1.jpg

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
:rollin

So Daryl Morey is offering a contract to a player whose NBA rights are held by another franchise.

You're trying too hard.

He can offer them whatever he wants to. The Clippers have refused to allow Sofo into the NBA. It is same exact way he got Scola and Andersen.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Wow he went from anchoring the Greek National team to just 7 ppg, 2.2 rpg and 12 mpg? WTF happened to him other than him gaining 100 lbs of lard?

He plays on the same team as best center in Europe Bourousis, best Euroleague center of the decade Vujcic, NBA draft pick center Mavrokefalidis, and former NBA center Glyniadakis.

Even Bourousis only plays 17 minutes a game in Olympiacos and he would play 35 in NBA. Also, Sofo has always been a backup in Greek national team.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
He can offer them whatever he wants to. The Clippers have refused to allow Sofo into the NBA. It is same exact way he got Scola and Andersen.

No he can't make an offer to a player whose rights belong to another team.

Houston traded for Scola's rights and purchased Andersen's right.

Once they trade for or purchase Sofo's rights they will be free to negotiate with him.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
He plays on the same team as best center in Europe Bourousis, best Euroleague center of the decade Vujcic, NBA draft pick center Mavrokefalidis, and former NBA center Glyniadakis.

Even Bourousis only plays 17 minutes a game in Olympiacos and he would play 35 in NBA. Also, Sofo has always been a backup in Greek national team.

:lol

Bourousis would have a heart attack before he finished a full NBA season at 35mpg.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 02:25 PM
No he can't make an offer to a player whose rights belong to another team.

Houston traded for Scola's rights and purchased Andersen's right.

Once they trade for or purchase Sofo's rights they will be free to negotiate with him.

You are stupid. Sofo and his agent have made clear he wants to play in NBA. The Clippers have not allowed it so far. He is sick of waiting. So now they want other NBA teams to make offers. That is why Morey was there and also for Teodosic.

If you think no NBA team other than Spurs had contact with Scola's agent when he was in Spain you are naive. According to your logic every time Knicks say they want LeBron they would be punished by NBA. Please do not be an idiot. You are here to derail my thread because that is all you do.

This should be of interest to Rockets fans.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
:lol

Bourousis would have a heart attack before he finished a full NBA season at 35mpg.

You do not know who Bourousis is. You have never seen him play. This has nothing to do with this thread. Stop hijacking. You are ignored from now on.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
You are stupid. Sofo and his agent have made clear he wants to play in NBA. The Clippers have not allowed it so far. He is sick of waiting. So now they want other NBA teams to make offers. That is why Morey was there and also for Teodosic.

If you think no NBA team other than Spurs had contact with Scola's agent when he was in Spain you are naive. According to your logic every time Knicks say they want LeBron they would be punished by NBA. Please do not be an idiot. You are here to derail my thread because that is all you do.

This should be of interest to Rockets fans.

Morey did not make a contract offer to Sofo.

If you don't post pure BS, I won't say that your posts are pure BS.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
You do not know who Bourousis is. You have never seen him play. This has nothing to do with this thread. Stop hijacking. You are ignored from now on.

I have seen him play many times.

It is more likely that you will stop posting BS in a fake accent than that you will ignore comments on your BS. It's what you do.

mogrovejo
03-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Pekovic was already demoted, he isn't the best center in Europe any more. No surprise. If he signs with the Wolves this off-season, I predict he'll not even be a top-10 center. KBP is hilarious: the closer an European based player is to sign with a NBA team, the worse he becomes.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Hope Morey knows what he's doing...and we don't get this.

http://kourkouti.yooblog.gr/files/2007/10/sofo-paralias1.jpg

lol that is a funny photoshop but I think the actual real Sofo was even bigger than that.:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Pekovic was already demoted, he isn't the best center in Europe any more. No surprise. If he signs with the Wolves this off-season, I predict he'll not even be a top-10 center. KBP is hilarious: the closer an European based player is to sign with a NBA team, the worse he becomes.

Pekovic was never better than Bourousis. Bourousis is the best center in Europe. And Greg Popovich said the same thing more than once and said Spurs did everything to get him and he is as good as prime Divac.

So if you do not like it that Bourousis is best center in Europe go bitch about it to Popovich.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Pekovic was never better than Bourousis. Bourousis is the best center in Europe. And Greg Popovich said the same thing more than once and said Spurs did everything to get him and he is as good as prime Divac.

So if you do not like it that Bourousis is best center in Europe go bitch about it to Popovich.

Link to where Pop said Bourousis is the best center in Europe and that he is as good as prime Divac. Since you say he said it more than once, just pick from among the several news reports that supposedly exist.

Indazone
03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Dude went from this in 2006 when he totally dominated for Greece when they beat Team USA

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/images/photos2006/sk20060902w1a.jpg

to this...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jV1zjDzWtWk/SrS0B1sfU3I/AAAAAAAAAlo/FlEez3a_w8s/s400/Greek_Baby_Shaq_Sofoklis_Schortsanitis.jpg

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Dude went from this in 2006 when he totally dominated for Greece when they beat Team USA

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/images/photos2006/sk20060902w1a.jpg

to this...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jV1zjDzWtWk/SrS0B1sfU3I/AAAAAAAAAlo/FlEez3a_w8s/s400/Greek_Baby_Shaq_Sofoklis_Schortsanitis.jpg

Yes he was at 455 pounds then. He is more than 100 pounds lighter than this now. He weighs now less than he did in 2006.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 03:31 PM
This is most recent picture of Sofo. He is next to Papaloukas so you can see how huge he is but also you can see it is mostly muscle. He is actual in better shape than he was in 2006 when he helped beat US team.

http://www.redplanet.gr/ast/cov/as/asket_2010_1_14_20_43_15_b.jpg

I guess Rockets fans know nothing about Teodosic? They make no comments on him? Well they probably are full of NBA hype of Rubio and Llull and know them? Well Teodosic is far better than either of them. If Rockets get Teodosic they will wreck NBA with him and Yao.

mogrovejo
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=924863&start=15#p20183707

You need to start being more careful with the kind of stuff you write. Google is your enemy.

Double-Up
03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Where's the fucking link? Oh yea because you keep pullin this shit out of your ass.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Where's the fucking link? Oh yea because you keep pullin this shit out of your ass.

Is all over that Morey was in SEF arena in Athens. he was in person to see Teodosic, Sofo, Papanikolau, and Sloukas.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Buford is also in Europe. Is he making contract offers as well?

Do tell.

Indazone
03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
KBP an insider?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2010, 05:56 PM
KBP an insider?

Yes. Just ask Timvp. Popovich confirm everything I say about Bourousis.

Mark in Austin
03-24-2010, 07:12 PM
No way this is true. Morey needs to perfect his Euroleague to NBA advanced PER/stat conversion algorithm first.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Here is highlight of Sofoklis Schortsanitis

Zrs4rGBMlbw&fmtl=35

Here is highlight of Milos Teodosic

K5TW6B-SYxc&fmtl=35

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Once again I was proven right. Once again I was proven to be inside source. Just like how Popovich said it was all true what I say about Bourousis.

So now what do you all say?

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2010/04/big-sofo-plot-thickens.html

Big Sofo.. the plot thickens..
No pun intended. Big Sofo's option seem to be getting more every day.

According to sport24.gr, Sofoklis Schortsanitis will have even more options this summer when his contract ends. Apart from the Clippers that are already in contact with the Greek center there is also talk of the Houston Rockets who are interested in signing him. The Clippers selected Schortsanitis in the NBA Draft of 2003 at number 34 and they still obtain his NBA rights to this day.

As Schortsanitis becomes a free agent in the summer, an NBA team will not need to pay a buy-out clause in order to sign him. Of course there is always the possibility of Olympiacos coming back with a new contract but the article says that it will probably happen after the end of the play-offs. The troubled player seems to have left all of his bad habbits in the past and he appears to be in very good shape focusing on his career. Much will depend on Olympiacos' attempt at a possible 2nd Euroleague title and also his and the team's performance in the play-offs trying to win the Greek League. The possibility of Schortsanitis signing for another european team or for rival Panathinaikos seems to be a distant one..

Lars
04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
You'll be proven right when he plays a game in the NBA. Until then, this is nothing.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Once againyou proved yourself to be a douche by starting a superfluous thread.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Yet once again I am proven to have an inside source. Every single time I am proven to be inside source.

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/05/houston-made-an-offer-to-milos-teodosic/

Houston Made An Offer To Milos Teodosic
By Dimitri - Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 18:200 comment

This time it was sport24.gr, that presented a rumor for Euroleague superstar Milos Teodosic. According to the Greek portal, 2 NBA teams are interested in Teodosic and they are Miami and Houston. It says that Houston took it even further and made an offer to Teodosic but it has not been put to paper.

As it so happens, he is somewhat of a “restricted free agent”. Although this terminology doesn’t actually exist in Europe the status of the Serbian player’s contract resembles very much so that of an NBA restricted free agent. If Teodosic doesn’t get an actual signed contract then Olympiakos reserves the right to activate the remainder of his contract that will give Teodosic 600,000 and 700,000 euros respectively in the next 2 seasons. On the other hand if a team makes an offer and Olympiakos don’t match it then he is free to go. As I have already mentioned, this is very unlikely but not impossible. I wouldn’t bet on it though.

Kai
05-14-2010, 02:48 AM
How the hell did a guy averaging 10 points win the Euroleague MVP??

ChumpDumper
05-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Once again you prove you read Euro message boards.

Did you ever get me a link for those debt numbers, KBP?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-14-2010, 04:37 AM
How the hell did a guy averaging 10 points win the Euroleague MVP??

The defense in Euroleague is much harder than in NBA.

Brandon Jennings only got 6 points a game in Euroleague.

skyhook
05-14-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm curious, How does Sofoklis Schortsanitis compare to Dejuan Blair ?

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Where's the Miami Heat and Houston Rockets offer contract to Milos Teodosic thread KBP? It's been published in sport24.gr a few days ago already. You're losing qualities.

I'm also disappointed you have commented so little on the Final 4. For example, how did Big Sofo do against Barcelona's defense? It may be important, considering that it's the best defense in the history of European basketball and have all those athletic, long and quick shot-blockers. Fran Vazquez is a guy with enough quality to be the starting big for some NBA team and even make an All-D team or two, so Big Sofo owning him as you predicted would go a long way to prove his NBA potential.