PDA

View Full Version : Insider request: Ginobili will bolt San Antonio in July

SsKSpurs21
03-24-2010, 11:56 AM
I am not sure if this was already posted.

Can someone with insider post the contents?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?date=20100324&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors%3fdate%3d20100324#15230

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 11:58 AM
It's just a rehash of Monroe's piece in today's E-N.

SenorSpur
03-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Here it is:

Manu Ginobili's importance to the Spurs playoff hopes can't be understated with Tony Parker sidelined.

He leads the team in assists and he's led his team in scoring in three of its past five games as the Spurs hold onto just a one-game lead for the seventh spot in the West.

But Manu also means a lot to the future of the franchise even though he turns 33 in May. Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News writes that if the Spurs don't present Ginobili with a serious contract extension before he becomes a free agent July 1, the guard will bolt.

His agent, Herb Rudoy, knows his client is wanted elsewhere if San Antonio doesn't want him.

Kool Bob Love
03-24-2010, 12:09 PM
He's not going anywhere.

:wakeup

SsKSpurs21
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
thanks senorspur!

i figured since it was an insider piece that you had to pay money for, it could have contained some good insight....nothing new that we already knew. thanks again!

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 12:19 PM
monroe doesnt know jackshit. spurs will offer after the season is over and manu will accept.

SenorSpur
03-24-2010, 12:25 PM
thanks senorspur!

i figured since it was an insider piece that you had to pay money for, it could have contained some good insight....nothing new that we already knew. thanks again!

You bet.

By the way, having Insider access simiply means I've been dumb enough to subscribe to ESPN The Mag. :lol

benefactor
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News writes
There is no need to read any further.

The Truth #6
03-24-2010, 12:47 PM
There is no need to read any further.

Could be his agent giving out interviews, trying to get Manu an extension.

Express-News
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Here it is:

Manu Ginobili's importance to the Spurs playoff hopes can't be understated with Tony Parker sidelined.

He leads the team in assists and he's led his team in scoring in three of its past five games as the Spurs hold onto just a one-game lead for the seventh spot in the West.

But Manu also means a lot to the future of the franchise even though he turns 33 in May. Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News writes that if the Spurs don't present Ginobili with a serious contract extension before he becomes a free agent July 1, the guard will bolt.

His agent, Herb Rudoy, knows his client is wanted elsewhere if San Antonio doesn't want him.

:hat

Libri
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM

Incredible insight! :rolleyes :lol

Frenzy
03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Incredible insight! :rolleyes :lol

don't you mean?

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo348/dnicol/captain-obvious.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/albums/oo348/dnicol/?action=view&current=captain-obvious.jpg)

rayray2k8
03-24-2010, 02:13 PM
His agent has already said that Manu is not interested in leaving the NBA and wants to stay in San Antonio. If an extension is not offered, then he'll test the free agentcy in July. My gut tells me that as long as Pop has a say in things Manu isn't going anywhere... For the next few weeks Manu will show the Spurs how vital he is to the organization. I think a 2 year extension with a player option in the 3rd year will be enough for Gino.

greyforest
03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
this guy can speculate what manu has planned with 100% accuracy!

wonder why he hasn't won the lotto yet?

CubanMustGo
03-24-2010, 02:46 PM
You bet.

By the way, having Insider access simiply means I've been dumb enough to subscribe to ESPN The Mag. :lol

You unfortunately cannot get Insider without The Drag. Total waste of paper, that.

spurschick
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
They need to just re-sign him and end all of the speculation.

Big Empty
03-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Gino will only go to a contender that has a better chance of going to the finals than San Antonio. I can see him leaving us if there isnt anymore left in the tank and we have another first round exit. He wants to win. I think he's still butt hurt from last summer as well. He's gonna explore. I hear NY has some cap room to play with. Could you imagine (i want to be a billionaire) Lebron bolting to NY along with Bosh? They have the room to overpay Gino too. They only have about 17mill of contracts next season and if they unload Curry's expiring 11mil contract they would only have 6 million tied up. A long shot but perfect conditions for a perfect storm!