PDA

View Full Version : 48MoH: Creationism vs. Evolution: Spurs get front row look at the Kobe-Lebron debate

Blackjack
03-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Creationism vs. Evolution: Spurs get front row look at the Kobe-Lebron debate
by Jesse Blanchard

http://afrostoshelltoes.com/word/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kobe-lebron.jpg

Texas is no stranger to intense debates, having long been the national hotbed for our public education system’s creationism vs. evolution discussion (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h7s45eNpNvAXTc6tuYJEQgl-PpXgD9E5AMH00). Over the next few days a different sort of debate will play out in the AT&T Center, one that still challenges longstanding values and beliefs.

Kobe Bryant or LeBron James, which one is the best player in the NBA?

Ask Tim Duncan, who at one point in his career could make a pretty convincing argument for himself, and he’d probably answer Kobe on Wednesday and LeBron on Friday. As far as opponents go, the San Antonio Spurs will never face better players in consecutive games.

And Texas may not ever again be privy to as heated a sports debate.

Keep reading → (http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2010/03/23/creationism-vs-evolution-spurs-get-front-row-look-at-the-kobe-lebron-debate/#more-7072)

Wombatzu
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
creationism vs. evolution is a debate?

Baseline
03-24-2010, 12:54 PM
The only people who still think Bryant is the best player are Laker fans, and possibly those who make money from the NBA machine.

If you actually watch Laker games, it's blatantly obvious that Bryant may not even be the best player on his team.

It's time people stopped evaluating "best player" status from watching highlites. How about watching what Bryant gets out of possessions in terms of a team perspective, and what LeBron gets.

Basketball, despite the way the NBA markets their product, is still a team game. It's 5 on 5. LeBron James gets it, and always has. Watch Bryant play. Just watch, and you'll see that he still - after 12 years in the league - has not grasped the fact that he has four other guys wearing his color jersey.

There is literally no comparison, and no debate. Bryant can't hold a candle to LeBron James.

santymrc
03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
They are both beasts.
But i'd rather have KB than Bron. I don't like the way the league officials save him every time he (LBJ) fucks up a play, they blow the whistle if the air around him is too dense.

Spurs7794
03-24-2010, 01:04 PM
If you actually watch Laker games, it's blatantly obvious that Bryant may not even be the best player on his team.

Oh please, who is better than Kobe on the Lakers? :lol Pau Gasol?!!!?!
As for the debate, I think Lebron is more unstoppable but Kobe scares me more in an end of game situation.

And again...Kobe not the best player on his team? HILARIOUS.:lol:lol

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Lebron is levels above anybody in the NBA right now, it isn't debatable..I doubt anybody takes that away from him as long as he's in his prime, which should be for a while..there's literally no possible argument for Kobe..

ambchang
03-24-2010, 03:19 PM
LeBron wins it 10 times out of 10 times. Look at what each player have accomplished through their careers in relation to what they were given, it's no contest.

z0sa
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
LeBron wins it 10 times out of 10 times. Look at what each player have accomplished through their careers in relation to what they were given, it's no contest.

Truth

Allanon
03-24-2010, 03:48 PM
And when the Cavs fail at the Championship for a second time in a row with the best record in the NBA, what excuses will be made then? :lol

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
And when the Cavs fail at the Championship for a second time in a row with the best record in the NBA, what excuses will be made then?

Same one made for Kobe from 2005-2008: teammates aren't good enough.

Allanon
03-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Same one made for Kobe from 2005-2008: teammates aren't good enough.

With the best record in the NBA twice in a row...how poor can the teammates be?

They also beat the Spurs, without LeBron, just a few weeks ago...they are probably one of the absolute best supporting casts in the NBA.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 03:53 PM
With the best record in the NBA twice in a row...how poor can the teammates be?

You asked what excuses would be made. You didn't specify that they needed to be valid.

Apologists will apologize.

Allanon
03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
You asked what excuses would be made. You didn't specify that they needed to be valid.

Apologists will apologize.

Just checking :lol

Whisky Dog
03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Weak conference. After Celts, Magic, and surprisingly Hawks there isn't much there.

Josepatches_
03-24-2010, 04:05 PM
This is not a debate.Lebron is better than Kobe and every year the distance is bigger.It's life.Kobe isn't getting older and Lebron is near his prime

The question could be if Lebron will be better than Kobe was at the end of their careers.

jjktkk
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Lebron may be the best player in the NBA, but the bottom line is the ring. Kobe's got 5, Lebron 0. Fair or unfair, championships are the mark for true greatness in all sports.

PBEEZY
03-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Lebron may be the best player in the NBA, but the bottom line is the ring. Kobe's got 5, Lebron 0. Fair or unfair, championships are the mark for true greatness in all sports.

Kobe has 5 rings???

Are you from the future??? O....o

TIMMYD!
03-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Kobe has 4.

Mel_13
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
This is not a debate.Lebron is better than Kobe and every year the distance is bigger.It's life.Kobe isn't getting older and Lebron is near his prime

The question could be if Lebron will be better than Kobe was at the end of their careers.

I'm pretty sure he is.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-24-2010, 04:20 PM
creationism vs. evolution is a debate?

Yes. How's that rock you've been living under holding up?

TIMMYD!
03-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Yes. How's that rock you've been living under holding up?

I think he meant it as in the Kobe-LeBron debate because of the title.

picc84
03-24-2010, 04:27 PM
There's no debate, Lebron is in a class of his own right now.

But Kobe's still a top 3 player in the L at 32 and has lasted through almost a dozen player rivalries throughout the years while his contemporaries have faded away. Thats impressive to me.

LoneStarState'sPride
03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I think he meant it as in the Kobe-LeBron debate because of the title.

My mistake if that was the case. I apologize.

As far as the debate goes, in my mind James is the better all around team player, but Kobe is definitely more clutch.

Just my $.02

TheSullyMonster
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
As far as the debate goes, in my mind James is the better all around team player, but Kobe is definitely more clutch.

Just my $.02

I think LeBron's 4th quarter scoring binges show he's plenty clutch. What was it, 24 of the last 25 points against Detroit or something?

TD 21
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Lebron is levels above anybody in the NBA right now, it isn't debatable..I doubt anybody takes that away from him as long as he's in his prime, which should be for a while..there's literally no possible argument for Kobe..

Exactly. I laugh at the hypocrisy of Lakers fans. In the middle of the past decade when Duncan began to play less minutes and pace himself throughout the regular season and Spurs fans still called him the best player in the league and pointed to his edge in championships despite Bryant's gaudier statistics, they didn't want to hear it. Now that James has assumed the role of the young player with the (even more so) gaudier statistics, their counter is this: "Yeah, but Bryant has four rings; James has zero".

The best player in the league debate hasn't been this clear cut since Duncan in '03. As for potential challengers to James' throne going forward, at this writing I'd say Durant, Howard, Paul, Anthony and Wade (him to a lesser extent because of his age, style of play and litany of past injuries, even though he's closest to James currently). Williams, Roy, and Rose are a tier down from that. We haven't seen what Griffin or Wall can do at this level yet. I suspect the only one who might legitimately be in the discussion at a point in their respective careers is Durant.

Rummpd
03-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Kobe has 4 rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He has only been the "man" on team also!

ShoogarBear
03-24-2010, 07:25 PM
And when the Cavs fail at the Championship for a second time in a row with the best record in the NBA, what excuses will be made then? :lol

Turn it around. What if LeBron wins it this year, while Kobe doesn't despite having tons more talent around him?

daslicer
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Lebron is head and shoulders above Kobe. People will argue that he hasn't won a ring despite having the best record and that is due to having mediocre talent. The cavs have won more games despite having the talent of a 40 something win team at best and that is because of Lebron's greatness and his ability to elevate the level of his teamates. Kobe on the otherhand when he has had the same type of talent Lebron has had right now couldn't even get out of the first round that should already speak volumes. Lebron overachieves with the talent he has on his roster while Kobe doesn't do that.

daslicer
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
I will even add to the last post and say Lebron is a force like Duncan and Shaq were during their primes. Just like those 2 guys you could put him on any team in the league and they would become a 50 win team. Thats something even prime Kobe couldn't do

TampaDude
03-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Kobe is still one of the best players in the NBA, but LeBron IS the BEST player in the NBA right now. Kobe is starting to decline, and LeBron is still getting better.

Honestly, I will be surprised if the Cavs don't win it all this year.

Killakobe81
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Lebron is better but he needs a ring to prove it or validate it ...

Allanon
03-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Turn it around. What if LeBron wins it this year, while Kobe doesn't despite having tons more talent around him?

No excuses if Kobe doesn't win it all...it's a failure plain and simple.

My point is that both Kobe and LeBron have ample firepower on their team to win it all...it's on them if they don't.

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Cavs have more talent same with boston but i like our starters better + Odom

picc84
03-25-2010, 01:11 AM
There are 4 teams now that not winning a title would be a complete failure for.