PDA

View Full Version : Why should people......

jack sommerset
03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Why should people be forced to pay for health care?

boutons_deux
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
health care or health care insurance?

FuzzyLumpkins
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Its not a criminal act to not have health care. Why are you taxed on your income?

LakasRool4eva
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
if u really think about it we shouldnt have to pay for it because its our right.......glad it finally got past..........

jack sommerset
03-24-2010, 03:43 PM
if u really think about it we shouldnt have to pay for it because its our right.......glad it finally got past..........

:lol It's your right to have another person be forced to help you! Fucking pathetic.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
:lol It's your right to gave another person be forced to help you! Fucking pathetic.

You cannot even keep up with your own argument.

They are 'forcing' you to buy health insurance for yourself. Not somebody else.

jack sommerset
03-24-2010, 03:53 PM

You are right. Even though we are really going to pay for others, 32 million others, I am not keeping up with the spirit of the question. My bad.

SAGambler
03-24-2010, 03:56 PM

Show me the clause in the Constitution that allows the Federal Government to FORCE me to buy anything!

FuzzyLumpkins
03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Show me the clause in the Constitution that allows the Federal Government to FORCE me to buy anything!

Again its not a criminal act to not have health insurance. You are taxed if you don't but no one is forcing you to do anything.

Now lets bitch about being taxed.

jack sommerset
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Again its not a criminal act to not have health insurance. You are taxed if you don't but no one is forcing you to do anything.

It's criminal not to pay your taxes and health care is now wrapped all into one. You could go to jail for refusing to be apart of this health care bs.

jacobdrj
03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Why should people be forced to pay for the armed forces?

National health care is a national security issue.

Yonivore
03-24-2010, 04:57 PM
It's not a tax for people that refuse to purchase insurance; it's a penalty, collected by the Internal Revenue Service in the form of wage garnishment. They are hiring 17,000 new LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS to compel your adherence or collect your fine.

It is a criminal act to not have health insurance. But, I predict this will be a crime many of us will commit since the penalty will be less than the mandated expense.

TFloss32
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM

Essentially, it is a fine. The Democrats were crafty by putting the IRS in charge of health care so that they could use the word "tax" (instead of "fine") and avoid the problem of forcing citizens into commerce. This move will go a long way in protecting the "constitutionality" of the bill.

"The penalty applies to any period the individual does not maintain minimum essential coverage and is determined monthly. The penalty is assessed through the Code and accounted for as an additional amount of Federal tax owed."

Yonivore
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Why should people be forced to pay for the armed forces?
It's one of those things, enumerated in the Constitution, Congress and the federal government are charged with providing.

National health care is a national security issue.
Nice try.

jacobdrj
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Anthrax or small pox or some flu pandemic is spread across the land... Who ya gonna call? The National Guard, that's who...

Nice try...

Last time I checked, doctors in the day of the constitution managed to blood-let our 'beloved' 1st president to death, and sanitation did not exist as we know it. Right now, health care is just as important as an army. And if we hold to what our founding fathers did, since they are held in deity-like regard with respect to infallibility (amendments anyone?), than there SHOULD NOT BE A STANDING ARMY. Period.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Spin it however you want. I really don't care. You all are going to run around like idiots anyway.

And that whole '17000 law officials' sounds like another typical lie.

Yonivore
03-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Spin it however you want. I really don't care. You all are going to run around like idiots anyway.

And that whole '17000 law officials' sounds like another typical lie.
The 17,000 is an estimate arising from the CBO's estimate the Internal Revenue Service will need $10 Billion dollars to hire enough personnel to enforce the penalties provided for in the Senate Bill signed into law by President Obama yesterday.

$10 Billion is more than enough to cover 17,000 enforcement personnel and the administrative support required.

DJ Mbenga
03-24-2010, 08:30 PM
if it was free republicans would be angry, they cant cling to the self help principles.

Creepn
03-25-2010, 01:46 AM

Because everyday your life is at risk. Now shut up and pay up.

fraga
03-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Why should people be forced to pay for car insurance...

DarrinS
03-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Why should people be forced to pay for car insurance...

We are forced to pay for LIABILITY insurance in case we cause harm to OTHER PEOPLE.

fraga
03-25-2010, 10:21 AM
So why not have available health insurance to protect our own people...

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 10:25 AM
because it's what Jesus would do

fraga
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
It really is a sad time...when so many people will fight tooth and nail...threaten Politicians...spit...shout racial slurs...all because our nation wants to give people Health Care...yet when "we" decided to send thousands upon thousands of our young men and women to die in a war that should have never been started...everybody just sat and watched...where was the outrage...where were protests...the massive outrage...a time when we HAD a huge surplus...and then "somebody" turned it in to a massive deficit...where was the outrage...the protests...

coyotes_geek
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
It really is a sad time...when so many people will fight tooth and nail...threaten Politicians...spit...shout racial slurs...all because our nation wants to give people Health Care...yet when "we" decided to send thousands upon thousands of our young men and women to die in a war that should have never been started...everybody just sat and watched...where was the outrage...where were protests...the massive outrage...a time when we HAD a huge surplus...and then "somebody" turned it in to a massive deficit...where was the outrage...the protests...

Don't be an idiot. Iraq drew plenty of outrage and protests.

Mr. Peabody
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
What's funny is when The Heritage Foundation talked about the need for a mandate, it was all about "personal responsibility," which the right eats up. Now that Obama's done it, it's unconstitutional. :rolleyes

Personal Responsibility. A final prototype issue is the contentious one of the Massachusetts individ ual mandate or similar "personal responsibility" provisions.Clearly, as long as there is a federal mandate on hospitals to treat patients regardless of ability to pay, there will be an incentive for some to forgo purchasing health insurance and, if they need care, to try to stick others with the bill. Insurance reforms and premium support can never complete ly counter that incentive. Thus, state governments will inevitably have to consider some mechanism for enforcing personal responsibility if they are to escape would-be "free-riders" imposing not only their direct costs, but also the bigger, indirect costs-such as the cost of propping up uncompeti tive providers-on the rest of us.

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 10:43 AM

easy. Corporations run this country. Corporations wanted the war. Corporations do not like the Health Care Bill.

DarrinS
03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
It really is a sad time...when so many people will fight tooth and nail...threaten Politicians...spit...shout racial slurs...all because our nation wants to give people Health Care..

I have yet to see any video or audio supporting the claim of racial slurs or spitting.

DarkReign
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM

if it was free republicans would be angry, they cant cling to the self help principles.

WTF is this "free" word you keep throwing around?

WTF in life is "free" besides air (even thats debatable)?

What do you two mean/imply by "free"?

DarkReign
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM
easy. Corporations run this country. Corporations wanted the war. Corporations do not like the Health Care Bill.

So much...wrong....with this....post.

fraga
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I have yet to see any video or audio supporting the claim of racial slurs or spitting.

Try getting your news from any other Channel than Fox...

George Gervin's Afro
03-25-2010, 11:41 AM

You don't get it. Any story reported on Fox or provided by a right wing site is treated as solid Gospel and is used as proof that dems are horrible. On the other hand people like Darrins need to actually have heard the words or have seen the actual spit stain to believe anything that portrays their side in a bad light... just look at some of the threads in this section. They will PROVE beyond a resonable doubt that these people have ZERO intellectual honesty or integrity...

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
So much...wrong....with this....post.

really? you don't think Insurance Corporations are against the Bill?

you don't think Oil and Military Contract Corporations wanted the war in Iraq?

and finally you don't think Corporations run this country??? here's a tip. Look up the word "lobbying"

coyotes_geek
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
really? you don't think Insurance Corporations are against the Bill?

Why would insurance companies be against a bill where the government makes it law that people have to buy their products?

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Why would insurance companies be against a bill where the government makes it law that people have to buy their products?

is that the only law in that bill?

LnGrrrR
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
WTF is this "free" word you keep throwing around?

WTF in life is "free" besides air (even thats debatable)?

What do you two mean/imply by "free"?

Dreams are free! :D

coyotes_geek
03-25-2010, 12:19 PM
is that the only law in that bill?

There's lots of stuff in the bill. What's in there that makes you think the insurance companies were against it?

jack sommerset
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM

Why don't you prove darrens wrong and post a link.

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 12:27 PM
There's lots of stuff in the bill. What's in there that makes you think the insurance companies were against it?

tons of stuff my man. Read up on the bill and check the newspapers.

basically gives lots of restrictions to insurance companies, gives more control of insurance market to govmt, opens insurance exchange and leaves door open for public option and further restrictions.

coyotes_geek
03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
tons of stuff my man. Read up on the bill and check the newspapers.

basically gives lots of restrictions to insurance companies, gives more control of insurance market to govmt, opens insurance exchange and leaves door open for public option and further restrictions.

Thank you, but I have read up on the bill. Moreso than most people on this forum.

You're free to form your own opinion as to whether or not the insurers like this bill, but if I'm the insurance lobby, I'm okay with a bill that results in my industry getting tens of millions of new customers and no public option to undercut my monopoly. Sure, the regulations and taxes may be a nuisance, but those are all costs that can, and will, be passed along to the customers. No biggie.

George Gervin's Afro
03-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Why don't you prove darrens wrong and post a link.

There are many reports indicating it did happen. Now darrins and you can broaden your news sources.

DarrinS
03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
There are many reports indicating it did happen. Now darrins and you can broaden your news sources.

Here's the alleged spitting incident. The "spitter" has his hands cupped around his mouth to amplify his voice. He may have sprayed inadvertently, but it is obvious that he didn't hock up a big looger and spit it at the congressman.

Do you think the way this is being reported is accurate?

Go to about 1:25. I also don't hear any use of the n-word.

f7wYt9jee2U

Blake
03-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Ive often wondered why home owners are straddled with school district taxes, whether they have kids or not.

I don't really like it, but in the end I guess the argument is that it helps society as a whole move forward. I can't really argue against it because I agree with that sentiment.

That's my view on universal healthcare as well.

cherylsteele
03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
So why not have available health insurance to protect our own people...It should be available, not forced upon us.
Some of us have full coverage through our employer, so this is not needed for them, but yet we are still going to have to pay for it through higher taxes.

jack sommerset
03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Here's the alleged spitting incident. The "spitter" has his hands cupped around his mouth to amplify his voice. He may have sprayed inadvertently, but it is obvious that he didn't hock up a big looger and spit it at the congressman.

f7wYt9jee2U

That does not look like a FOX news report.

in2deep
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM

f7wYt9jee2U

yup and dick cheney didn't shoot anyone either

FromWayDowntown
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Really, if we're going to spend this kind of money, we should have just declared another war halfway around the world.

jack sommerset
03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
yup and dick cheney didn't shoot anyone either

:lol LAME...... Way to prove the guy was hacked on.

jack sommerset
03-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Really, if we're going to spend this kind of money, we should have just declared another war halfway around the world.

Better yet send 30 thousand more troops to kill more innocent people.

FromWayDowntown
03-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Better yet send 30 thousand more troops to kill more innocent people.

Preach on brother!!

jack sommerset
03-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Preach on brother!!

If two army dudes want to suck each other off in a bunker, LET THEM!!!!!

boutons_deux
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
The Great American People have already decided to MANDATE taxpayer-financed hosptials/ERs to accept everybody and anybody who can't pay.

For a war-loving, murderous country like the US, this mandate is strangely humanitarian.

If you don't like that, then vote that way next election, county/state/federal, so your eugenics gets rid of the blacks, hispanics, poor white trash who are, every one of them, fradulant, lazy-assed, St Ronnie's Cadillac Queens.