PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets@Celts

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Denver finished that 3rd strong. Celts are in trouble.

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Good start to the 4th.

Unholy Turkey
03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
What happened to Ty Lawson? He hasn't gotten consistent minutes recently

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
What happened to Ty Lawson? He hasn't gotten consistent minutes recently

Coming back from injury.

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:15 PM
:lmao Celts in penalty

hitmanyr2k
03-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Rasheed never shuts up.

Unholy Turkey
03-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Coming back from injury.

What type of injury?

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:16 PM
What type of injury?

Bummed shoulder I believe

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Rasheed never shuts up.

Easily one of my least favorite Celts.

DeadlyDynasty
03-24-2010, 08:18 PM
yeah Nuggets looked strong closing out the 3rd, but their defense is atrocious tonight...Boston's gonna finish w/ 120+ points

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:21 PM
This is one thing people keep ignoring about the Nuggets. Their D sucks ass. How the fuck are they going to beat the Lakers 4 times if they can't stop their offense? Outgunning em simply won't work.

j.dizzle
03-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Denver better start winning some of these road games or they gonna find themselves in 5th place the way utah & phx are playing

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
:lmao:lmao@ the Nuggets defense. But they are "hungry" so that covers up their shitty d and low basketball iq

Chieflion
03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Celtics closing this shit out. Nuggets look completely overmatched.

SpursRulez4eVeR
03-24-2010, 08:29 PM
nice fucking shot billups :lol

DeadlyDynasty
03-24-2010, 08:30 PM
This is one thing people keep ignoring about the Nuggets. Their D sucks ass. How the fuck are they going to beat the Lakers 4 times if they can't stop their offense? Outgunning em simply won't work.

Exactly. That is why I don't take Denver seriously--I don't care how many times they beat us in the regular season. The Lakers are by no means perfect, but good luck beating them when you only play one side of the ball.

j.dizzle
03-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Like I always say, if they dont shoot lights out from three they arent that good..They are too stupid to win off defense. Melo has matured but hes still pretty boneheaded at times.

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:47 PM
See Laker fans know exactly where I am getting at.

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
I am not gonna lie...this win felt good even though I know Boston's window is slammed. I hate the nuggets with a passion. Contributing to their losing streak feels pretty damn good. Fuck that overrated team.

mogrovejo
03-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Denver finished that 3rd strong. Celts are in trouble.

Your continuous self-loathing is sickening.

See Laker fans know exactly where I am getting at.

No surprise there.

Denver's team is sustained by four pillars. In order of importance:

Carmelo Anthony.
the defensive contributions of Kenyon Martin and Nene in terms of help-defense and hedging very aggressively on ballscreens which allows them to play Karl's brand of pressure defense (Kloppenburg's SOS press. def.)
Chauncey Billups.
the roles played by Afflalo+JR Smith, guarding the opponent best wing + scoring, respectively.

Take one of this away and everything fells apart for them. Their lack of depth hurts them big time, they're a well oiled machine but they can only function in a certain way.

Defensively, they're an above average team with Nene+Martin inside. But you replace Martin by bums like Petro+Graham and they automatically become a bellow average defensive team because of the drop off in talent level but also because none of those guys is a poor man's Kenyon Martin.

I think Denver's lack of depth/bench is what's going to kill them in the playoffs.

Killakobe81
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Nuggets overrated. Like many have said they are afron-running team. When the 3's are going they are great.
Otherwise not impresed outside of Melo and Chauncey ...JR smith is only good when he is hot ...

Mike D
03-25-2010, 08:05 AM

the defensive contributions of Kenyon Martin and Nene in terms of help-defense and hedging very aggressively on ballscreens which allows them to play Karl's brand of pressure defense (Kloppenburg's SOS press. def.)

Take one of this away and everything fells apart for them. Their lack of depth hurts them big time, they're a well oiled machine but they can only function in a certain way.

Defensively, they're an above average team with Nene+Martin inside. But you replace Martin by bums like Petro+Graham and they automatically become a bellow average defensive team because of the drop off in talent level but also because none of those guys is a poor man's Kenyon Martin.

I think Denver's lack of depth/bench is what's going to kill them in the playoffs.

You hit the nail on the head. Kenyon Martin is a HUGE part of the team's defense, moreso than Nene. He can guard a lot of guys, adds physicality, and elevates their frontcourt.

Without him, they are 2nd round fodder.

And the bolded text is also 100% correct. It's pathetic.

bostonguy
03-25-2010, 10:24 AM

Thank you. I mean they have had a habit of blowing leads this season and it seemed it was going that way again.

Denver's team is sustained by four pillars. In order of importance:

Carmelo Anthony.
Chauncey Billups.
the roles played by Afflalo+JR Smith, guarding the opponent best wing + scoring, respectively.

I easily agree K-mart is important. I never said he wasn't vital to their success. I am just not convinced they play good enough D to take down LA with or without him. The lack of depth in the frontcourt is a huge concern. That is one major issue I also forgot to add in for them.