PDA

View Full Version : Bynum feeling better and could return this road trip

PGDynasty24
03-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Great news! Arash Markazi just reported on espn radio pregame show that Phil said in the pregame interivew that Andrew is responding faster to therapies on his injury then expected. There is a possiblity now he could return on this road trip.

Quote:
Bynum in training room, on the table next to Kobe's table. Andrew feeling a lot better today; possible return late in trip.

http://twitter.com/KevinDing

Spursfan092120
03-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Good luck to him..seriously..hate to see guys hurt. Dude's a monster.

j.dizzle
03-24-2010, 08:46 PM
LOL when hes on the court Ill believe it...Good news though if he comes back pretty soon

Killakobe81
03-24-2010, 09:54 PM
No rush lets save him for when we get back.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Lakers don't really need him. That's how stacked that team is.

picc84
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Bynum in the starting lineup makes the team weaker. With him out I wouldn't be surprised if we sweep this road trip.

Now flame me.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Bynum in the starting lineup makes the team weaker. With him out I wouldn't be surprised if we sweep this road trip.

Now flame me.
I agree. He should back up Gasol. LA becomes that much harder to guard with Odom out there instead. Better spacing for sure and more speed.

picc84
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Doesn't help that he's the most overrated big in the league. Its almost disgusting.

If he came off the bench the Lakers would be improved 1.5x.

You know what LA's record is in games Bynum doesn't play this year? 7-0. With every one by double digits.

21_Blessings
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM

Now flame me.

They were playing just fine with Bynum in the lineup when he went down.

At least speak in reality. You do realize Kobe had to play 40 minutes to put down the Wizards, right?

Anyways, The Lakers are facing a bunch of scrub teams this road trip and Phil has officially flipped the switch.

picc84
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
They were playing just fine with Bynum in the lineup when he went down.

At least speak in reality. You do realize Kobe had to play 40 minutes to put down the Wizards, right?

Anyways, The Lakers are facing a bunch of scrub teams this road trip and Phil has officially flipped the switch.

Of course they were playing fine with him. They won the championship with him starting. They're a good fucking team one way or the other.

They are BETTER without him in the starting lineup.

Love how you act like the game against the Wizards was some indictment against this when they were up near 40 and just got bored. "Kobe had to play 40 minutes to put down the Wizards" lmao, yeah, thats how it happened.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Doesn't help that he's the most overrated big in the league. Its almost disgusting.

What's disgusting is you displaying just how little you know about basketball.

If he came off the bench the Lakers would be improved 1.5x.

Ring with Bynum starting. So you're wrong.

You know what LA's record is in games Bynum doesn't play this year? 7-0. With every one by double digits.

The Lakers beat the Wolves and Wizards by less than double digits. Now you're reduced to lying in order to defend your retarded, minority opinion? Sad.

You asked for a flame and I obliged. :toast

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:05 AM
They are BETTER without him in the starting lineup.

You're wrong. Last I checked Boston smoked them in the finals without Drew.

Love how you act like the game against the Wizards was some indictment against this when they were up near 40 and just got bored. "Kobe had to play 40 minutes to put down the Wizards" lmao, yeah, thats how it happened.

Love how you act like a win against 3 scrub teams (Spurs, Wizards, wolves) is an indictment of the Lakers being better without Andrew. Especially at a time where Phil Jackson has historically flipped the switch to gear for the playoffs.

Only a clueless basketball mind would call a 22 year old shooting 57% while posting efficient production as the third fiddle the most overrated big in the league. You're digging your own grave at this point.

picc84
03-25-2010, 12:09 AM
What's disgusting is you displaying just how little you know about basketball.

Ring with Bynum starting. So you're wrong.

The Lakers beat the Wolves and Wizards by less than double digits. Now you're reduced to lying in order to defend your retarded, minority opinion? Sad.

You asked for a flame and I obliged. :toast

You're obsessed with that Wizards game. The one we were winning by 30+ at one point. :lmao

Also love how my retarded "minority" opinion is pretty much a near consensus on every Laker message board in existence. Just 21_blessings making an ass of himself as usual, nothing new here. :wakeup

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:15 AM
You're obsessed with that Wizards game. The one we were winning by 30+ at one point. :lmao

You're the one obsessed here. You used wins against scrub teams as your argument for why they are so much better without Bynum starting. Which makes no sense as far as reality is concerned.

Also love how my retarded "minority" opinion is pretty much a near consensus on every Laker message board in existence. Just 21_blessings making an ass of himself as usual, nothing new here. :wakeup

If you think a place like Lakersground constitutes as the majority of Laker fans than you are dumber than I originally thought. And even then it's far from a consensus over there. Which makes your argument even more laughable.

picc84
03-25-2010, 12:16 AM
You're wrong. Last I checked Boston smoked them in the finals without Drew.

Love how you act like a win against 3 scrub teams (Spurs, Wizards, wolves) is an indictment of the Lakers being better without Andrew. Especially at a time where Phil Jackson has historically flipped the switch to gear for the playoffs.

Only a clueless basketball mind would call a 22 year old shooting 57% while posting efficient production as the third fiddle the most overrated big in the league. You're digging your own grave at this point.

Goddamn, you really are an idiot, arent you? When did I say we couldn't have used him against Boston, or that we were a better team without him? I want him off the bench...not waived from the team. :lol The Lakers being 7-0 without him and sweeping Boston/Cleveland last year on the road trip proves the team is still great without him, and he did jack shit in the playoffs last year. He makes the team better, but he would make the team MORE better off the bench.

He's absolutely the most overrated big in the NBA when people are calling him the best center/2nd best center in the league when he has basically one basketball related skill and no brains.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Goddamn, you really are an idiot, arent you? When did I say we couldn't have used him against Boston, or that we were a better team without him? I want him off the bench...not waived from the team. :lol The Lakers being 7-0 without him and sweeping Boston/Cleveland last year on the road trip proves the team is still great without him, and he did jack shit in the playoffs last year. He makes the team better, but he would make the team MORE better off the bench.

Keep digging that grave. You look more dumb with every sentence you post.

You say you want him out of the starting lineup and then point to irrelevant regular season games where Bynum didn't even play as your argument. You do realize the Lakers were the number 1 seed at one juncture before the Gasol trade even happened.

Phil Jackson > some retarded irrational Bynum hater that doesn't know how basketball actually works

He's absolutely the most overrated big in the NBA when people are calling him the best center/2nd best center in the league when he has basically one basketball related skill and no brains.

You're absolutely the dumbest person on the board if you think a prevalent amount of people are calling Bynum the best center in the league. It's like taking the Spurs fans that claimed Manu was on Kobe's level seriously.

picc84
03-25-2010, 12:22 AM
You're the one obsessed here. You used wins against scrub teams as your argument for why they are so much better without Bynum starting. Which makes no sense as far as reality is concerned.

If you think a place like Lakersground constitutes as the majority of Laker fans than you are dumber than I originally thought. And even then it's far from a consensus over there. Which makes your argument even more laughable.

Insidehoops, Realgm, Clublakers, etc. Go to any of these places and say its a "retarded, minority opinion" and see what happens.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Insidehoops, Realgm, Clublakers, etc. Go to any of these places and say its a "retarded, minority opinion" and see what happens.

Do you ever leave the house?

Yes, bringing Bynum off the bench is a minority opinion out here in LA.

Lying about internet message board consensus is pretty pathetic though. If that's the best you got to back up your silly opinion.. :lol :lol :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2010, 12:27 AM
motivated Bynum > Gasol in my book. Idk why so many Lakers fans want the guy traded and don't think his size is important to them at all.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:31 AM
motivated Bynum > Gasol in my book. Idk why so many Lakers fans want the guy traded and don't think his size is important to them at all.

Ever since Kobe went on his 'ship his ass out' tirade a whole lot of ignorant Laker fans just keep parroting irrational Bynum hate. Which is funny, because Kobe has backtracked since then when he called the Lakers, pre-Gasol, contenders with Bynum as his second option.

Time to move on, you know. No reason for Phil change up the winning formula. Especially on nights when Odom doesn't show up or Gasol decides to go soft the Lakers absolutely need Bynum in the starting lineup. No Bynum no ring.

picc84
03-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Keep digging that grave. You look more dumb with every sentence you post.

You say you want him out of the starting lineup and then point to irrelevant regular season games where Bynum didn't even play as your argument. You do realize the Lakers were the number 1 seed at one juncture before the Gasol trade even happened.

What does that have to do with anything?

You're just saying random shit. Bynum before his injury was clearly better than he is now, and again, the hell does that have to do with the inability to coexist with Gasol as well as Odom?

Phil Jackson > some retarded irrational Bynum hater that doesn't know how basketball actually works

Phil Jackson is infallible, thats why Luke Walton had to bench himself for Trevor Ariza and Derek Fisher still sees the court. :wakeup

You're absolutely the dumbest person on the board if you think a prevalent amount of people are calling Bynum the best center in the league. It's like taking the Spurs fans that claimed Manu was on Kobe's level seriously.

The fact that his name gets mentioned is enough. There are quite a few centers who would make the Lakers better than blackhole Bynum, no matter how much you want to suck him off and praise Phil Jackson for basketball omniscience.

Anyone who thinks Bynum and Gasol starting makes the team better than Odom and Gasol not only has no room to call anyone dumb, but clearly doesn't have eyes either, much less a brain.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2010, 12:37 AM
Ever since Kobe went on his 'ship his ass out' tirade a whole lot of ignorant Laker fans just keep parroting irrational Bynum hate. Which is funny, because Kobe has backtracked since then when he called the Lakers, pre-Gasol, contenders with Bynum as his second option.

Time to move on, you know. No reason for Phil change up the winning formula.

Before the Gasol trade and Bynum's injury LA was having games like this:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200712250LAL.html

I don't think people understand the advantage of being able to have any combination of Bynum, Gasol and Odom on the court at all times. Some teams in the NBA wish they could have just one of those guys as an option at PF or C. Bynum making it so Odom can come off the bench in and of itself makes him somewhat valuable.

picc84
03-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Do you ever leave the house?

Yes, bringing Bynum off the bench is a minority opinion out here in LA.

Lying about internet message board consensus is pretty pathetic though. If that's the best you got to back up your silly opinion.. :lol :lol :lol

You're the one who brought up LG.net, then when I mentioned a bunch of others where the same opinion is shared, you all of a sudden were talking about the city of LA, the citizens of which you know all of. :rollin

Quit Hatin'
03-25-2010, 12:40 AM
odom in the starting lineup today was beast. keep the way it is now and give the minutes dj got today to bynum and we good. bynum fits in with farmar, brown, and powell. luke comes back healthy he could give ron some rest and if sasha gets his shot back its over.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:43 AM
What does that have to do with anything?

You're just saying random shit. Bynum before his injury was clearly better than he is now, and again, the hell does that have to do with the inability to coexist with Gasol as well as Odom?

What does the Lakers winning a couple meaningless regular season games last season have anything to do with Bynum coming off the bench? You do realize I was using your retarded logic, right? Far from random, but calculated.

Inability to co-exist? :lol :lol

Phil Jackson is infallible, thats why Luke Walton had to bench himself for Trevor Ariza and Derek Fisher still sees the court. :wakeup

The fact that his name gets mentioned is enough. There are quite a few centers who would make the Lakers better than blackhole Bynum, no matter how much you want to suck him off and praise Phil Jackson for basketball omniscience.

Anyone who thinks Bynum and Gasol starting makes the team better than Odom and Gasol not only has no room to call anyone dumb, but clearly doesn't have eyes either, much less a brain.

1) Phil Jackson > you
2) :lmao :lmao calling a 57% shooter a blackhole. More proof you know exactly shit about basketball.
3) So now you're calling Phil Jackson blind and brainless.

Like I said, keep digging that grave. :lol

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
You're the one who brought up LG.net, then when I mentioned a bunch of others where the same opinion is shared, you all of a sudden were talking about the city of LA, the citizens of which you know all of. :rollin

You brought 'internet message boards' and then made sweeping generalizations. And that's all you have here which is quite sad.

You're probably a complete shut-in, aren't you?

Quit Hatin'
03-25-2010, 12:48 AM
the thing is pau is much better when hes playing odom. he gets more room to operate when odoms there. bynum gets less touches with pau, and is limited to rebounding and defense something he is getting better at but not consistent enough. Bynum's either going to have to be the main big in the lineup and the focal point of the post or on the bench.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:53 AM
the thing is pau is much better when hes playing odom. he gets more room to operate when odoms there. bynum gets less touches with pau, and is limited to rebounding and defense something he is getting better at but not consistent enough. Bynum's either going to have to be the main big in the lineup and the focal point of the post or on the bench.

Or the Lakers and Phil Jackson can just keep doing what they were doing. Which is play the two of the three in crunch that are having the best game.

Quit Hatin'
03-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Or the Lakers and Phil Jackson can just keep doing what they were doing. Which is play the two of the three in crunch that are having the best game.

but you gotta admit pau does suck when bynum's in there with him.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Bynum's +/- is 4 or 5 points below Gasol and Odom..the Lakers are clearly better when a Gasol/Odom frontcourt is together for a longer period of time, for obvious reasons..

Bynum's a good player, but he has some severe flaws that make it logical to bring him off the bench where he can get all the shots he wants for a long period of time..

picc84
03-25-2010, 01:01 AM
What does the Lakers winning a couple meaningless regular season games last season have to do anything with Bynum coming off the bench? You do realize I was using your retarded logic, right?

Inability to co-exist? :lol :lol

The Lakers comfortably winning almost every game he doesn't play for 2 seasons proves he isn't a vital cog in the starting unit. So does him getting benched in the PO's last year and sitting down with fouls 10 seconds into every game he did start. :lol

The team plays better with Odom on the court instead of Bynum. Because he co-exists with Gasol better than Bynum does. Is this really that much of a mystery? :wow

1) Phil Jackson > you
2) :lmao :lmao calling a 57% shooter a blackhole. More proof you know exactly shit about basketball.
3) So now you're calling Phil Jackson blind and brainless.

Like I said, keep digging that grave. :lol

Bynum's not a blackhole now because he shoots high %. As a goddamn Center. You are the king of inane unrelated connections. :lol

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:03 AM
but you gotta admit pau does suck when bynum's in there with him.

No he doesn't. And you obviously don't watch basketball games if you actually believe that. Let's look at some recent examples of Gasol 'sucking' with Bynum in the lineup:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201003120PHO.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201003150GSW.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201003160SAC.html

Oh my gosh! Pau sucks with Bynum. :lmao :lmao

picc84
03-25-2010, 01:04 AM
You brought 'internet message boards' and then made sweeping generalizations. And that's all you have here which is quite sad.

You're probably a complete shut-in, aren't you?

Where else do masses of Laker fans congregate to talk? Are you having Laker pow-wow's on Rodeo Drive to ask everyone in LA their opinions?

You do realize you're ON an internet message board right now right, at 11pm? :lol

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:07 AM
The team plays better with Odom on the court instead of Bynum. Because he co-exists with Gasol better than Bynum does. Is this really that much of a mystery? :wow

The team plays better when Odom plays well. You can't rely on Lamar Odom the starter. This is proven. And it ultimately depends on the matchup. It's immaterial who starts the game.

Bynum's not a blackhole now because he shoots high %. As a goddamn Center. You are the king of inane unrelated connections. :lol

You just keep owning yourself over and over. You're making this too easy for me.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
You do realize you're ON an internet message board right now right, at 11pm? :lol

Yes? And you don't see me basing my opinion based on made up internet message board consensuses.

picc84
03-25-2010, 01:21 AM
The team plays better when Odom plays well. You can't rely on Lamar Odom the starter. This is proven. And it ultimately depends on the matchup. It's immaterial who starts the game.

By what?

Odom as a starter has played significantly better than Bynum as a starter, with respect to their entire careers. Odom as a bench player has done the same. He's been a better player for the Lakers no matter what his minutes were, or where he started, with the exception of a 3 month stretch to start the 08 season after which Bynum has NEVER been the same.

It is material who starts the game because we hamstring ourselves from the start, offensively and defensively. If we started games better we might not have so many close calls.

You just keep owning yourself over and over. You're making this too easy for me.

Only a fucking retard thinks a center shooting a high % means he is not a blackhole.

I can't tell if you're being purposely dense or if you really are this fucking stupid.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 01:22 AM
LOL 21 Blessings' arguments are fucking ridiculous..

picc84
03-25-2010, 01:24 AM
Yes? And you don't see me basing my opinion based on made up internet message board consensuses.

No, just made up LA consenses from your Rodeo Drive pow-wows.

Most of which probably post on the same MB's that want Odom to start. But they're on the internet, they're not real people...so their opinions don't count.

*looks at 21_blessings*

Oh, the irony. Its almost too much. :rollin

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:37 AM
By what?

Odom as a starter has played significantly better than Bynum as a starter, with respect to their entire careers.
Odom as a bench player has done the same. He's been a better player for the Lakers no matter what his minutes were, or where he started,

Bynum is putting up more efficient numbers than Odom the starter this season. Lamar Odom the reserve has been averaging more efficient numbers than Lamar Odom the starter this season.

Again, you are making this way too easy.

with the exception of a 3 month stretch to start the 08 season after which Bynum has NEVER been the same.

Andrew Bynum was the second option on a Lakers team that was 1st seed in the West in 2008. Andrew Bynum was the second option on a Lakers team that was first in the West without Gasol in 2009.

Bynum has been playing fantastically lately. And is easily playing at the level he was in 08. We saw that when he completely raped Chris Bosh on both ends of the floor the other week.

It is material who starts the game because we hamstring ourselves from the start, offensively and defensively. If we started games better we might not have so many close calls.

"We"? Oh yeah I forgot you're on the Lakers coaching staff just biding your time for that blind, brainless Phil Jackson to retire.

Only a fucking retard thinks a center shooting a high % means he is not a blackhole.

I can't tell if you're being purposely dense or if you really are this fucking stupid.

Calling a player with a .60 TS%, 20 PER a blackhole has to be one of the dumbest things you could possibly try to argue.

picc84
03-25-2010, 01:45 AM
So you really are this fucking stupid.

I'll have to ask my buddies at the Rodeo laker fan meeting this friday about the Bynum thing. Their opinions may have changed from the time they log off their computer to when we sit down. You know, when they become real people.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:45 AM
Most of which probably post on the same MB's that want Odom to start. But they're on the internet, they're not real people...so their opinions don't count.

Your lack of reading comprehension is outstanding. Now you're reduced to a pathetic straw man.

Again if you think a message board represents the majority you really need to GO OUTSIDE. Like right now.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 01:58 AM
LOL..what the fuck does Bynum's PER and TS% have to do with being a ballhog?..it literally has no relation at all..

Bynum is the only post player in the NBA to average 10+ shots per game and 1 assist or less per game..in games where he shoots 15 times or more, he averages 1.1 assists, the only other player that shoots 15+ times and averages only around 1 assist is Amare..these include games WITH Pau and WITHOUT Pau, and his usage % is 25 or over in most of these games, so he's touching the ball a lot..

Good player, but he is a black hole..I see a lot of Laker fans saying this, it isn't a minority opinion..

picc84
03-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Your lack of reading comprehension is outstanding. Now you're reduced to a pathetic straw man.

Again if you think a message board represents the majority you really need to GO OUTSIDE. Like right now.

I am going outside. To the pow-wow, remember? The one where the majority of Laker fans congregate to discuss team dynamics in person. :lol

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Sorry but you are a fucking idiot on all levels if you're claiming a player that scores on 57% of his shots is a BLACKHOLE. We aren't talking about ballhogging here.

And it's not ballhogging when the Lakers gameplan is to feed Bynum in low-post position, to take advantage of that 57% shooting, during the first half.

Get your definitions straight.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 02:12 AM
I am going outside.

No I'm pretty sure you aren't. Because in the real world you'll just get laughed out of any room in the greater Los Angeles area.

This is how you talk about the Lakers, just a recap:

"We" "Phil Jackson is blind, brainless" "Bynum is a blackhole".

j.dizzle
03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Bynum is a great player when hes getting touches & playing solid defense..His length gives a ton of teams problems but the offense does look a lil stagnant at times when hes in..Ball movement is better when Pau & Odom play together..Ive also noticed that Ron plays better on offense with Bynum not clogging up the paint. They'll need Bynum in the playoffs though. 21- We know you always wanna back him up but sometimes you gotta admit that LO has more of an impact then Drew when he's attacking the rim & playing solid D. Hopefully Drew plays just as well as he was playing before he went out. I heard some of the coaches wanted to bring Drew off the bench but Phil probably thinks he'll get too butthurt & not try as hard if hes not a starter.