PDA

View Full Version : Duncan is broke

weebo
03-24-2010, 11:09 PM
We all see it. He's broke and can't be fixed. Thanks for all the good memories TD.

Spurs Brazil
03-24-2010, 11:10 PM
TD is broke for the same reason of last season. He needed to carry the team in the firt 45 games while every other player sucked

Halberto
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Shut up already.... I'm getting sick of this knee jerk shit.

Do you realize that he's only been "broke" during this stretch of numerous back to backs?

Everyone forgets the same thing happened last year before he ate up Dallas.

21_Blessings
03-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Poor Timmy. Punked by the Spainard. Embarrassing.

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Gasol was 4-11 with 5 turnovers..

weebo
03-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Open your eyes and quit being such a homer. He just got man handled by fucking Gasol....Gasol!! Are you kidding me? This year he isn't eating anyone's lunch. He's done as a superstar. Duncan is now just a "good" pf...nothing more nothing less.

weebo
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM

He took Duncan out of the game. He made him irrelevant.

timtonymanu
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Duncan is struggling because he's the only one that showed up in the first half of the season. Blame Pop, Dice, RJ, Mason, Bogans, and TP/Manu's injuries.

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
get this fucking trash out of here. can somebody lock these dumb ass threads.

21_Blessings
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM

At least Pau played defense. Made Duncan look like a D-leaguer tonight...

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2010, 11:27 PM

So did Duncan take him out of the game too?..he was irrelevant..

alchemist
During this stretch who hasn't taken Timmy out of his game? Timmy is gassed or injured maybe both. Tony needs to get his ass back the quickest time possible, a 80-85% Tony would help out tremendously right now.

HarlemHeat37
At least Pau played defense. Made Duncan look like a D-leaguer tonight...

So what did Duncan do on defense?..

mavsfan1000
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Duncan is so slow now. He was never known for his speed but he found a way to get to the basket. Not anymore.

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 11:29 PM
During this stretch who hasn't taken Timmy out of his game? Timmy is gassed or injured maybe both. Tony needs to get his ass back the quickest time possible, a 80-85% Tony would help out tremendously right now.

duncan had 29 against atl.

hes not done and its not his fault he had to single handedly carry this team the first half of the season.. now manu knows how it feels. welcome to duncans life, manu

weebo
So did Duncan take him out of the game too?..he was irrelevant..

Gasol is a second banana....Duncan is supposed to be our "go to" guy. That's the main difference. You can't expect to win if you're best player is getting shut down by the other team's second best player.

21_Blessings
So what did Duncan do on defense?..

Nothing really. The Lakers were getting easy shots in the paint all game. Duncan was awful on both ends.

weebo
03-24-2010, 11:31 PM

hes not done and its not his fault he had to single handedly carry this team the first half of the season.. now manu knows how it feels. welcome to duncans life, manu

Quit using that first half of the season excuse. These are the types of game TD would thrive in. He would have gone toe to toe with Kobe. Instead he gets shut down by Gasol....Gasol!! Pathetic.

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Quit using that first half of the season excuse. These are the types of game TD would thrive in. He would have gone toe to toe with Kobe. Instead he gets shut down by Gasol....Gasol!! Pathetic.

its fact. hes worn down a bit for all the heavy lifting he had to do earlier this season.

picc84
03-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Duncan will turn it on in the playoffs like he always does.

I like the Spurs chances against anyone in the first round, except the Lakers.

alchemist
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Duncan has more on his plate than either Gasol or Kobe. Duncan is asked to produce 1st team defense and All-Star offense. Gasol is 2nd fiddle on offense and Kobe gets to roam around the court on defense until the 4th.

(And Duncan has been doing this for over a decade as the #1 option)

duhoh
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
its fact. hes worn down a bit for all the heavy lifting he had to do earlier this season.

yup.

it's hard to watch him now.

almost as painful as watching the dream in toronto :depressed

weebo
03-24-2010, 11:37 PM

What's fact is Duncan is just now a very good player and no longer a superstar. I love the guy but I know now that he is done and can't dominate any side of the court like he used to.

weebo
03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Duncan has more on his plate than either Gasol or Kobe. Duncan is asked to produce 1st team defense and All-Star offense. Gasol is 2nd fiddle on offense and Kobe gets to roam around the court on defense until the 4th.

Its not like Duncan doesn't have any help out there. Ghill and Manu had great games. All he really had to do was take it to the Lakers front line...i. e. Gasol. Instead he gets shut down.

HarlemHeat37
03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Nothing really. The Lakers were getting easy shots in the paint all game. Duncan was awful on both ends.

Duncan's D was great on Gasol all game, and his team D was great in the 1st half..sorry..

Sean Cagney
03-24-2010, 11:40 PM

I hope you are right! I hope you are right.

DesignatedT
What's fact is Duncan is just now a very good player and no longer a superstar. I love the guy but I know now that he is done and can't dominate any side of the court like he used to.

when duncan has rest hes still playing at a superstar level. everyone watching the games knows this... this schedule is brutal right now and we are playing to many games consecutively. we play 17 games in the month of march.

if tony had been playing this whole time and if tony and manu had been playing ALL SEASON then this would be irrelevant right now.... think about it

HarlemHeat37
Its not like Duncan doesn't have any help out there. Ghill and Manu had great games. All he really had to do was take it to the Lakers front line...i. e. Gasol. Instead he gets shut down.

Are you that stupid?..

Did you not watch Duncan in the entire 1st half of the season when Manu/Parker/Jefferson struggled with injuries and nobody else in the frontcourt did anything to help out on the defensive end?..

alchemist
03-24-2010, 11:43 PM
My point is that there's a correlation in having to produce so much for so many seasons and his body not being able to hold up. (Injuries or Stamina). He just can't hang for an entire season at the standard that he set for himself, which is why most of us suspect that he's retiring after this contract.

timtonymanu
03-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Are you that stupid?..

Did you not watch Duncan in the entire 1st half of the season when Manu/Parker/Jefferson struggled with injuries and nobody else in the frontcourt did anything to help out on the defensive end?..

+1000. Had Tim not been so good in the first half of the season, guarantee this team will be the 10th seed right now.

Hill was still getting into his groove. Manu was recovering. RJ and Dice were playing lazy. Bonner got hurt. Parker was hurt. Mason sucked. Bogans was average.

roycrikside
03-24-2010, 11:56 PM

Someone doesn't remember the 2008 season apparently. Manu carried the team for 4 months while both TP and TD were M.I.A. on a lot of nights.

DynastySpurs210
03-24-2010, 11:56 PM
No shit!

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Someone doesn't remember the 2008 season apparently. Manu carried the team for 4 months while both TP and TD were M.I.A. on a lot of nights.

and how did manu end that season?

thanks for proving my point.

Chubby_Love
03-25-2010, 12:39 AM
The machine has broken down, and it can't be fixed! :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Sisk
03-25-2010, 12:45 AM
he's making 22 million this season, he's not broke.

DesignatedT
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
he's making 22 million this season, he's not broke.

:lol

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 01:03 AM

i agree Phoenix would be perfect you OWN those guys OKC would be another great matchup or portland ...those are wins.
Spurs can beat denver dallas or Utah but that would be much tougher ...

As built they can not beat the Lakers

Sisk
03-25-2010, 01:13 AM
i agree Phoenix would be perfect you OWN those guys OKC would be another great matchup or portland ...those are wins.
Spurs can beat denver dallas or Utah but that would be much tougher ...

As built they can not beat the Lakers

yeah, it'd take a drastic change to take yall down