PDA

View Full Version : The AT&T Center is The Staples Center East

50 cent
03-24-2010, 11:15 PM
This is pathetic watching on National TV.

There are way more LA fans from the sound of it. Pathetic SA.

mexicanjunior
03-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Spurs fans left when they realized the Spurs had no chance...around the 6 minute mark of the 4th.

slick'81
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM
its usually been that way but tonight there was a shitload courtside

50 cent
03-24-2010, 11:18 PM
More than half of the goddamn fans on the first row are Lakers fans. Kobe is running by high fiving people like they Jack Nicholson and his buddies are all on the front row.

Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in San Antonio.

itzsoweezee
03-24-2010, 11:19 PM
pathetic

san antonio doesn't deserve an nba team

dbestpro
03-24-2010, 11:20 PM
The product the Spurs have put on the floor this year does not justify spending the money. They are simply not entertaining as a team. Pop is to blame mostly, followed by RJ, Dice, RMJ, Bonner, and TP.

urunobili
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
fucking pathetic... I was about to start the same thread... I was watching it on Spanish on ESPN Deportes and it sounded like if the Lakers were the fucking home team

Oh, Gee!!
03-24-2010, 11:24 PM
blame the Governator. If he hadn't ruined the economy in CA, we wouldn't have all of these CA transplants living here

SpursNextRomanEmpire
03-24-2010, 11:24 PM
I noticed this shit too, thats some boolshit.

mexicanjunior
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Instead of being shocked at the crowd, you should be shocked at the collapse in the 4th quarter. This choke machine didn't deserve to have anyone cheering for them.

jonnybravo
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
To be fair it's like that in every arena. Hell Kobe got a huge MVP chant in Boston. Took a dump right on Red Auerbach's head in fact.

tothrowed
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
ill give yall 3 reasons why people arent coming to watch the spurs
BOGANS
JEFFERSON
MASON

benefactor
03-24-2010, 11:29 PM
To be fair it's like that in every arena. Hell Kobe got a huge MVP chant in Boston. Took a dump right on Red Auerbach's head in fact.
Indeed. The Lakers have the largest contingency of bandwagon fans in sports. Yankees fans are probably the only thing close.

benefactor
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
ill give yall 3 reasons why people arent coming to watch the spurs
BOGANS
JEFFERSON
MASON
I'll be coming to watch the Spurs on Friday. :)

murpjf88
03-24-2010, 11:33 PM
The product the Spurs have put on the floor this year does not justify spending the money. They are simply not entertaining as a team. Pop is to blame mostly, followed by RJ, Dice, RMJ, Bonner, and TP.

No, you don't blame pop because Rj's a fraud, Mason can't shoot his way out of paper bag, Bonner's terrible at everything,Tp's injuries, or Mcfluff's entire game. They can't match up against the better teams in the league whether it be size, or quickness. They're team defense is sad and they practically wing it on offense. Father time has finally caught up with TD. He's completely lost offensively and defensively and its pretty much manu against the world. It' hardly Pops fault.

slayermin
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
As much as I hate the Celtics, I love their attitude when they play the Lakers. There isn't any good will. There isn't any mutual respect. They just wanna beat their brains in. And that's how Laker fans feel about Spurs fans in LA.

I wish for once the Spurs would just crack Kobe or Pau in the jaw. I wish for once Pop would just whisper to Blair and basically say go out there and wear out Odom by any means necessary.

And I wish Spurs fans in San Antonio would take back this fucking city. Instead I see Laker fans sitting with the Baseline Bums singing kumbaya.

Fucking disgusting.

the crimson blur
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Spurs fans are so spoiled. People in this very thread are saying its not worth it to go to games of a 45-50 win playoff team with future Hall of Famers Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan. Meanwhile, you have Nets fans watching Rafer Alston and Eduardo Najera.

Despicable.

TacoCabanaFajitas
03-24-2010, 11:37 PM
You don't blame Pop? Not even for the loss in Atlanta??? Where we play what is probably the MOST ATHLETIC team in the league, and his dumbass decides to play Bogans/Bonner/Mason instead of Blair/Hairston

rayone
03-24-2010, 11:37 PM
fucking pathetic... I was about to start the same thread... I was watching it on Spanish on ESPN Deportes and it sounded like if the Lakers were the fucking home team

I started th same thread sorry but this shit pisses me off what a way to represent sa by letting la fakers shut u out make some nosies stand up for your team even if your down if you don't give a fuck and are not going to make noise give your tickets to someone who will fucking losers this is so embarrassing ass a spurs fan but more as a san antonian

Cant_Be_Faded
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
It's not just AT&T center, it's most arenas in the country.

They are jacking off left and right to get their chance to cheer for the new jordan

Stringer_Bell
03-24-2010, 11:38 PM
The crowd definitely sounded in favor of LA, but I agree with a poster that mentioned you can't complain unless you're there at the game and on the court doing your part to cheer for the home team. HOWEVER, the silver lining is that those expensive court side Lakers fans are paying a decent portion of RJ's 15 million...which makes me think of all sorts of conspiracy theories. :(

Buddy Holly
03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
pathetic

san antonio doesn't deserve an nba team

Right, because we're the only team in the NBA that haven't banned Laker fans from buying tickets? lol

Buddy Holly
03-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Meanwhile, you have Nets fans watching Rafer Alston and Eduardo Najera.

Neither of whom are on that team. wtf?

Despicable.

Your smack talk is despicable.

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 11:41 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/34y3gcn.jpg

Avitus1
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Its fucking sad. This is a home town team that gives a lot to the city and has won a championship very recently. Yea the team isn't as great as it has been but its still San Antonio's team and to see all those idiots in LA gear made me just cringe. I thought ESPN kissed LA's ass but that was just pathetic.

the crimson blur
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Neither of whom are on that team. wtf?

They were. They aren't anymore. I don't understand how thats relevant.

The point is that Spurs fans could use a few losing seasons to remember how hard it is to be good in this league. You know how hyped Hawks fans are? Theyve been waiting for this type of season for years. We have it every year and take it for granted. Its pitiful.

jag
03-24-2010, 11:45 PM
This is pathetic watching on National TV.

There are way more LA fans from the sound of it. Pathetic SA.

There isn't a real Laker fan in the building. So i don't think it really matters.

Buddy Holly
03-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Its fucking sad. This is a home town team that gives a lot to the city and has won a championship very recently. Yea the team isn't as great as it has been but its still San Antonio's team and to see all those idiots in LA gear made me just cringe. I thought ESPN kissed LA's ass but that was just pathetic.

How the fuck are you supposed to keep Lakers fans from going to see the Lakers? Seriously?

Buddy Holly
03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
They were. They aren't anymore. I don't understand how thats relevant.

Because you used the adverb meanwhile.

The point is that Spurs fans could use a few losing seasons to remember how hard it is to be good in this league. You know how hyped Hawks fans are? Theyve been waiting for this type of season for years. We have it every year and take it for granted. Its pitiful.

I don't get it, so a bunch of Lakers fans do what they do in every other NBA city and all of a sudden the Spurs fan base is crap? :lol

the crimson blur
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Because you used the adverb meanwhile.

Oh you corrected my grammar. Congratulations Internet cowboy, point for you. You win the argument and gain a moral and ethical advantage over me.

I don't get it, so a bunch of Lakers fans do what they do in every other NBA city and all of a sudden the Spurs fan base is crap? :lol

Yes, Laker fans do that everywhere. Some places more than others. But do you know where those Laker fans in tonight's stands were from? Mostly the San Antonio area. Its the ho-hum attitude of San Antonio fans that cause bandwagoners to go to the ESPN favorite over the hometown favorite.

But its not just that. When you hear Spurs fans saying things like "oh well, we aren't winning a championship this year so whats the point", "this team is SHIT", and "tank the season!" on a regular basis, then yes, there is a problem with the fanbase.

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 11:56 PM
its called san antonio is full of mexicans and there are tons of hispanic laker fans... just how it is... they also pay a shitload of money to go to these games since it might be the only game they go to all year and spurs fans see that 150$ mark up on tickets just cuz its the lakers and say no thanks.

ulosturedge
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Have you not noticed all the out of state license plates in the last couple of years? California was ground zero for all that sub-prime mess. A ton of people have been moving into Texas, and yes a ton of those Californians have come into San Antonio. I think it sux but what are you gonna do. It is what it is.

crc21209
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
I saw that too, and yeah while it is frustrating to see a bunch of damn Laker fans in OUR house, it's like that in every arena. But look at the bright side, only about 2 out of every 10 Laker "fans" are truly fans of the team and understand the game of basketball, the rest- bandwagoners.

Buddy Holly
03-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Oh you corrected my grammar. Congratulations Internet cowboy, point for you. You win the argument and gain a moral and ethical advantage over me.

I corrected nothing. Your grammar wasn't a problem. It was your use of the word meanwhile. You do understand what the word "meanwhile" means, don't you? It doesn't mean "some time in the past".

Yes, Laker fans do that everywhere. Some places more than others. But do you know where those Laker fans in tonight's stands were from? Mostly the San Antonio area. Its the ho-hum attitude of San Antonio fans that cause bandwagoners to go to the ESPN favorite over the hometown favorite.

Or maybe the fact that SA is a big moving spot for Californians, especially those coming from the LA area.

Oh but that surely couldn't be it. :rolleyes

But its not just that. When you hear Spurs fans saying things like "oh well, we aren't winning a championship this year so whats the point", "this team is SHIT", and "tank the season!" on a regular basis, then yes, there is a problem with the fanbase.

Dude really, get over it. When teams lose, they all have their share of bandwagon jumpers, even the mighty Lakers. Where you ever at Lakersground when they sucked right after trading Shaq? :lol

DesignatedT
03-25-2010, 12:02 AM
It doesn't help San Antonio played host to a mass exodus of shitty scum bags from L.A. leaving that shit crater of California.

Northwest San Antonio should be renamed to New California.

just travel up to austin.. all the gays alone will make you feel like your in california

Buddy Holly
03-25-2010, 12:04 AM
So is SA, who gives a shit.

ploto
03-25-2010, 12:06 AM
It happens whenever the Rockets are in town, too.

Buddy Holly
03-25-2010, 12:09 AM
It happens whenever the Rockets are in town, too.

Vise Versa. Sometimes the Spurs fans in the Toyota Center make more noise than the Rocket fans.

the crimson blur
03-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Or SA is a big moving spot for Californians especially those coming from the LA area.

Oh but that surely couldn't be it.

Dude really, get over it. When teams lose, they all have their share of bandwagon jumpers, even the mighty Lakers. Where you ever at Lakersground when they sucked right after trading Shaq?

Yeah, both of these factors have a lot to do with it. But its fair to say that a lot of non-bandwagoners are at fault too. Regular Spurs fans have gotten spoiled too.

ulosturedge
03-25-2010, 12:10 AM
They are everywhere. Makes me fuckin' sick. Take that purple and gold shit back to California. Stay in your overpriced 250k 1 bedroom closet.

gospursgojas
03-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Meh...lakers fans are everywhere. They're like the cowboys....fandom on a global scale.

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Have you not noticed all the out of state license plates in the last couple of years? California was ground zero for all that sub-prime mess. A ton of people have been moving into Texas, and yes a ton of those Californians have come into San Antonio. I think it sux but what are you gonna do. It is what it is.

You hit on the head dallas austin and SA are full of cali transplants I was one now Im in Dallas...

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 12:15 AM
It doesn't help San Antonio played host to a mass exodus of shitty scum bags from L.A. leaving that shit crater of California.

Northwest San Antonio should be renamed to New California.

who 'gon run this town tonight? We are !!! LOL

Buddy Holly
03-25-2010, 12:16 AM
one day when you're strolling along the riverwalk, and you feel hungry, so you mute your nsync soundtrack on your ipod, toss your empty grande starbucks cup into the river, and head to the nearest taco stand, only to discover that they're only serving breaded and fried wahoo fish on a wheat taco, with a mexican rice bowl on the side, then you'll give a shit

don't laugh. it could happen in sa, too

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wahoos-fish-taco-austin

I'd still wouldn't give a shit and no one gives a shit that you think people care about your over hyped college town. No one does, move on.

braeden0613
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
It's like that wherever the Lakers go....it's nothing new.

Buddy Holly
03-25-2010, 12:19 AM
They are everywhere. Makes me fuckin' sick. Take that purple and gold shit back to California. Stay in your overpriced 250k 1 bedroom closet.

A good gym friend of mine is a California transplant who's a big Laker fan but he's reserved about it and doesn't talk shit or brag. He actually compliments the Spurs a lot when we talk but it has to do with him being a basketball fan in general then a Laker fan.

I wish more Lakers fans were like him, actually, more fans of all teams.

Chubby_Love
03-25-2010, 12:34 AM
My fuckin' jaw dropped when I saw all those Spurs "fans" left, and the majority of the people inside the At&t center were Faker fans. What the hell is going on there? :depressed

erikuff
03-25-2010, 12:50 AM
You guys think this is bad?
Last week the Lakers were in town against Golden State. I could hear more cheers for Kobe than the entire Warriors team. It is a fucking sad world we live in

spurs10
03-25-2010, 12:57 AM
just travel up to austin.. all the gays alone will make you feel like your in california
Oh great, a completely ignorant bigot for a Spurs fan....go kill yourself and raise San Antonio's I.Q. by a few scant decimals.

Buddy Holly
03-25-2010, 01:09 AM
I doubt the dude even lives in San Antonio.

Fpoonsie
03-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Last week the Lakers were in town against Golden State. I could hear more cheers for Kobe than the entire Warriors team. It is a fucking sad world we live in

This kinda stuff is understandable, though, just like a Rockets fan at a Spurs or Mavs game would be. Interstate rivalries tend to bring a good assortment of the fanbase to whichever arena.

An LA fan in SA for a Spurs game is what's so disgusting.

spurs10
03-25-2010, 01:47 AM
So you're gay huh?
Nope...just don't like morons like yourself....but then probably neither does your mother or anyone that's actually met you.

LakeShow
03-25-2010, 01:55 AM
No shit. I listened to the game on the radio, caught in LA traffic and I couldn't tell if the Lakers scored or not. You would think that when you hear cheers when the Lakers had the ball that they did not score but the cheers were because the Lakers scored. :wow

Good game and it's good to see that the spurs still bring out the best in the Lakers. :toast

Sisk
03-25-2010, 01:59 AM
blame the governator. If he hadn't ruined the economy in ca, we wouldn't have all of these ca transplants living here

get downnnnnnnnnnn

Obstructed_View
03-25-2010, 02:04 AM
The Lakers are attracting bandwagon fans? Say it ain't so!

Sean Cagney
03-25-2010, 02:13 AM
The Lakers are attracting bandwagon fans? Say it ain't so!

Yep I know atleast 5 at work here in VA, most are lakers fans there, if not they are Kobe dikkriders! They are like the Bulls in the 90's now, they have fans all over..

Cowboys, Lakers, Yankees and so on, that will never change, unless you have a team like the Bulls making noise with a Jordan, then their fans are all over!!!!!!!!!

TheMACHINE
03-25-2010, 02:43 AM
haha i have a few buddies who moved to Dallas cuz the cost of living is too high here in Cali. Trust me...there will be more of us Californians migrating to Texas in the years to come. haha

temujin
03-25-2010, 07:39 AM
No shit. I listened to the game on the radio, caught in LA traffic and I couldn't tell if the Lakers scored or not. You would think that when you hear cheers when the Lakers had the ball that they did not score but the cheers were because the Lakers scored. :wow

Good game and it's good to see that the spurs still bring out the best in the Lakers. :toast

Traffic?
LA?
What's that?

FromWayDowntown
03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Frontrunning sycophants.

easy7
03-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Laker shirt fans... :lmao

My Fault
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
All those saying that so and so is to blame are just as bad as them. It shouldn't matter who's on the team or bad they are playing either your a Spurs fan or not. I'm willing to bet once this team becomes a lottery team you guys are gonna be just like them and jump another bandwagon.

Creation88
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
why the fuck are you complaining if you weren't there yourself?

HORNSWOGGLE
03-25-2010, 09:13 AM
why the fuck are you complaining if you weren't there yourself?
:toast

lefty
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Its not just SA or GS

In NY (and they say New Yorkers have a personality, this is utter BS, I'm glad Jordan and Reggie Miller owned their asses), in OC, in Milwaukee, in Charlotte

Pretty much every city not name Cleveland or Houston

noles1983
03-25-2010, 11:24 AM
haha i have a few buddies who moved to Dallas cuz the cost of living is too high here in Cali. Trust me...there will be more of us Californians migrating to Texas in the years to come. haha

GTFO!! Why dont you Californians ruin another state besides Texas. Hopefully Cali sinks into the ocean quick so they wont have a chance to ruin our economy as well

in2deep
03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/34y3gcn.jpg

that was right after Mason missed that wide open jumper at the end :pctoss

jonnybravo
03-25-2010, 11:33 AM
I corrected nothing. Your grammar wasn't a problem. It was your use of the word meanwhile. You do understand what the word "meanwhile" means, don't you? It doesn't mean "some time in the past".

Or maybe the fact that SA is a big moving spot for Californians, especially those coming from the LA area.

Oh but that surely couldn't be it. :rolleyes

Dude really, get over it. When teams lose, they all have their share of bandwagon jumpers, even the mighty Lakers. Where you ever at Lakersground when they sucked right after trading Shaq? :lol

Agreed.

The Lakers were even worse off after Magic retired. They didn't have a Kobe to build around.

$50 bucks to sit 15 rows back behind the basket for a first round Lakers/Seattle playoff game in 1995. Easy to buy at that point too which is unheard of. That kind of money will get you a parking spot these days (not really bt you get the idea.).

angel_luv
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
LA was well represented. But I heard plenty of people spiritedly supporting the Spurs as well- even if there were not enough of them close enough together to drown out the L.A. fans.

I don't like the view from section 200 but it is a fun to sit up there because there are a lot of hardcore Spurs fans up there. In my opinion, you would have to be hardcore to sit in section 200.

etbluffer
03-25-2010, 12:44 PM
I think all the Spurs fans decided to watch the game at Mama Margies or Fatso's. Really, it did look bad on SA basketball, but there is nothing we can do about it. Lakers Fans are ready to shell out some doe to watch their team, and we don't...Oh WEll!

spurs50_
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
These are the same fans that used to be bulls fans back in the 90"s.

FkLA
03-25-2010, 03:00 PM
it is what it is doesnt make our fanbase any worse, there are just alot of bandwagon fans here...half of those laker fans at the arena were probably spur fans in 07.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
it is what it is doesnt make our fanbase any worse, there are just alot of bandwagon fans here...half of those laker fans at the arena were probably spur fans in 07.

FkNO!!!! I've Never been a spurs fan. I just wish I would've made it to the game last night. Oh well next season for sure.

FkLA
03-26-2010, 04:04 AM
FkNO!!!! I've Never been a spurs fan. I just wish I would've made it to the game last night. Oh well next season for sure.

Unless you got some Cali ties there's still no excuse for not supporting the city's only professional team. Thats some pretty pathetic shit.

Mixability
03-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Bandwaggoners, thats all...... same people who cheered for Jordan's Bulls in the 90s. I'm pretty sure most of them are local and have never stepped foot in LA, or CA for that matter.

They put away their Kobe jerseys for 05 and 07 and busted out their Manu Argentinian Blue but once the Spurs hit the brakes last year and this year, out come the purple and gold shit. I wouldn't doubt that they have a Bron jersey and Howard just in case.

easy7
03-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Laker t-shirt fan...who's never been outside loop 410. :lmao

TimDunkem
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Try sitting next to a rat-faced Laker bitch who had her fat hanging out of her Kobe tank top while screaming, "Paul" Gasol's name as loud as her screechy voice would let her. :bang

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Try sitting next to a rat-faced Laker bitch who had her fat hanging out of her Kobe tank top while screaming "Paul" Gasol's name as loud as her screechy voice would let her. :bang

Was she right next to that fat spurs fan guy, drunk off his ass?

TimDunkem
03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Was she right next to that fat spurs fan guy, drunk off his ass?
No. He was in the row in front of us. :lol

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Unless you got some Cali ties there's still no excuse for not supporting the city's only professional team. Thats some pretty pathetic shit.

Bingo! Almost all my family lives in or around LA. It's a small number that made the move over here in the 80's. But slowly some have been moving over here.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-26-2010, 12:58 PM
No. He was in the row in front of us. :lol

:rollin