PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Lakers

lil_penny
03-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Kobe and co. Seemed to have flipped the switch imo. Pretty solid close out for them tonight on both ends of the floor.

21_Blessings
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Kobe and co. Seemed to have flipped the switch imo. .

Just as I have been saying they would in late March.

The Lakers season hasn't even started yet. These last 10+ games or so are just glorified pre-season warm-ups for the LakeShow at this point.

:flag:

PGDynasty24
03-24-2010, 11:18 PM
7 in a row and were picking up speed,right where we need to be

Lebron4MVP
03-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Please...they will win the west at best but they can't handle the Cavs especially with no HCA. It's the Cavs championship to lose.

PGDynasty24
03-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Please...they will win the west at best but they can't handle the Cavs especially with no HCA. It's the Cavs championship to lose.

like last year? when the lights go on and things matter in playoffs we know what Lebron and Co are all about. Were the champs,it's our championship to lose

21_Blessings
03-24-2010, 11:23 PM

Try getting to the finals before you speak of something Cleveland knows nothing about. Which is winning championships.

More likely scenario is the Cavs flaring out in the ECF to Orlando and Lebron fleeing that shit-hole as fast he can.

Refocus
03-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Good Win Lakers. See you in the first round!

Lebron4MVP
03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Try getting to the finals before you speak of something Cleveland knows nothing about. Which is winning championships.

More likely scenario is the Cavs flaring out in the ECF to Orlando and Lebron fleeing that shit-hole as fast he can.

We will be in the finals this year. I know you and every Laker fan prays we don't make it because you wont have HCA. Lebron has help this time. Cavs have a much deeper team than LA. Cavs have the better superstar and better team chemistry. Trust me....Lakers want no part of the Cavs come June and you fucking know it.

JoeTait75
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Try getting to the finals.

You should hope they don't.

Flash your jewelry all you want. This year Cleveland, at full strength, is better than LA.

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 11:41 PM

Flash your jewelry all you want. This year Cleveland, at full strength, is better than LA.

/thread

Killakobe81
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM

You maybe right. But remember you are a CLEVELAND fan ... I have seen many "better" teams lose from your city the Browns, indians, Cavs snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
the party never stops ...in cleveland "rock on"!

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM

However you need to stop believing in Denver. They don't play D and don't have the composure and iq to take down a team like the Lakers. Only 1 team has what it takes to dethrone the Lakers and that is the Cavs.

duhoh
03-24-2010, 11:47 PM
but but but shannon brown can dunk!

picc84
03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
lol @ boston fans already giving up on the season and bowing to prince james

Thought i'd never see it.

duhoh
03-24-2010, 11:48 PM
However you need to stop believing in Denver. They don't play D and don't have the composure and iq to take down a team like the Lakers. Only 1 team has what it takes to dethrone the Lakers and that is the Cavs.

pity that yao couldn't stay healthy. things could've been pretty different.

21_Blessings
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM

Yeah that's what Orlando said last year when they swept the Lakers in pre-season.

Again, Cleveland fan showing how fucking dumb they are. Acting like the regular season means something at this point. Playoff basketball is a completely different beast.

JoeTait75
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
You maybe right. But remember you are a CLEVELAND fan ... I have seen many "better" teams lose from your city the Browns, indians, Cavs snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
the party never stops ...in cleveland "rock on"!

We haven't had the best team in 46 years. That's why we haven't won it.

(The '64 Browns weren't the best team either, actually. They just played out of their minds that day.)

You can make this about the cities and the history and all that. I'm just saying Cleveland is better than LA this year.

DesignatedT
03-24-2010, 11:51 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/34y3gcn.jpg

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 11:53 PM
lol @ boston fans already giving up on the season and bowing to prince james

Thought i'd never see it.

The season and era has been over for the Celts for sometime now. I have accepted it. We are the Spurs of the East. I have been praising the Cavs most of the season. I love the team they have. They are the most complete and deepest team in the league. The fact that they landed one of my favorite Celts and nba players in Leon Powe secured them as the team I am going to bandwagon the rest of the 2010 playoffs once the Celts get eliminated.

Ghazi
03-24-2010, 11:53 PM
I dunno if the Lakers have necessarily flipped a switch. They just beat a shitty team tonight like they were supposed to.

badfish22
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM

Composure, yes.

But I have heard people criticize their D all day today, and I hope its not just because of todays game. Kenyon Martin is the anchor for that defense and will be back before the playoffs.

JoeTait75
03-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah that's what Orlando said last year when they swept the Lakers in pre-season.

Again, Cleveland fan showing how fucking dumb they are. Acting like the regular season means something at this point. Playoff basketball is a completely different beast.

Cleveland Fan has eyes. And does not see why the Cavaliers couldn't continue to do to the Lake Show in June what they did twice in the regular season.

And in last year's Finals Orlando didn't have the Jameer Nelson who destroyed the Lake Show in both regular-season games. Might have been a different series otherwise.

bostonguy
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Composure, yes.

But I have heard people criticize their D all day today, and I hope its not just because of todays game. Kenyon Martin is the anchor for that defense and will be back before the playoffs.

Their overall D isn't good enough to contain the Lakers O. They play physical but overall I haven't seen jack shit from them this year that makes me believe this will change. K-Mart was on the court last year (and he was healthier than he is now) and the Nuggets D still sucked ass vs the Lakers O.

picc84
03-25-2010, 12:02 AM
The season and era has been over for the Celts for sometime now. I have accepted it. We are the Spurs of the East. I have been praising the Cavs most of the season. I love the team they have. They are the most complete and deepest team in the league. The fact that they landed one of my favorite Celts and nba players in Leon Powe secured them as the team I am going to bandwagon the rest of the 2010 playoffs once the Celts get eliminated.

Pretty sad. But I guess bandwagoning is nothing new for Boston fans.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOjiNwVVfFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOjiNwVVfFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Celts fans just ditching the team they're supposed to ditch. :wakeup

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 12:44 AM
We haven't had the best team in 46 years. That's why we haven't won it.

(The '64 Browns weren't the best team either, actually. They just played out of their minds that day.)

You can make this about the cities and the history and all that. I'm just saying Cleveland is better than LA this year.

the Browns were better than the Broncos and when Mj hit that shot Cleveland still had the better team ...the Indians won a crazy amount of games last decade much like the cavs did last year and they both still lost ...

I said Cavs have a deeper team and the best player they SHOULD win ... but we shall see ...

xellos88330
03-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Flipping a switch? I don't think so.

I came to this conclusion because of two situations that came to my attention at the LA/Spurs game.

1. Lakers were in penalty early in the 4th quarter. Yet the Spurs shot nothing but jumpers.

2. Pop pulls out the only players who drive the basketball.

These two facts lead me to believe that the Spurs wanted the Lakers to win, or they are a dumb team. As a Spurs fan I am hoping that the Spurs are simply playing possum.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Cleveland Fan has eyes. And does not see why the Cavaliers couldn't continue to do to the Lake Show in June what they did twice in the regular season.

"Regular season." Cleveland: 2008-2010 Regular Season champions!

And in last year's Finals Orlando didn't have the Jameer Nelson who destroyed the Lake Show in both regular-season games. Might have been a different series otherwise.

No.

Orlando had Jameer Nelson in the finals and he gave up a couple crucial threes to Fisher in Game 4. Not to mention Nelson isn't even that good. J-Will outplayed him a good portion of this season.

Bynum wasn't even close to 100% that series and he's way more important than Jameer will ever be.

JoeTait75
03-25-2010, 01:02 AM
"Regular season." Cleveland: 2008-2010 Regular Season champions!

You should hope it means nothing. 87 points a game? Won't get it done against Cleveland in a series.

No.

Orlando had Jameer Nelson in the finals and he gave up a couple crucial threes to Fisher in Game 4. Not to mention Nelson isn't even that good. J-Will outplayed him a good portion of this season.

Bynum wasn't even close to 100% that series and he's way more important than Jameer will ever be.

Bynum is your Mo Williams. L.A. is good enough to win without him. They were probably good enough to beat Orlando without him, although he did provide six extra fouls against Dewey Howard.

A healthy Jameer Nelson put a SEVERE strain on the Lake Show defense. Who on your team could guard him?

Cleveland can throw waves at L.A.'s frontcourt, L.A. doesn't have the lead guard to exploit Mo Williams, Mo can exploit L.A.'s lead guard, Delonte can exploit L.A.'s backup lead guard, the Cavaliers have the best player on the floor and they would have home-court. Cavaliers in six.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Bynum is your Mo Williams. L.A. is good enough to win without him.

If that were the case the Lakers would have won in 08.

They were probably good enough to beat Orlando without him, although he did provide six extra fouls against Dewey Howard.

Bynum played very good D on Howard in the finals and those hard fouls were by design.

A healthy Jameer Nelson put a SEVERE strain on the Lake Show defense. Who on your team could guard him?

Tell us more about the regular season where Orlando shot way above the mean from 3pt land.

Cleveland can throw waves at L.A.'s .

Get to the finals first.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 01:27 AM
LOL so Andrew Bynum's 17 MPG with 6 and 3 on 46% shooting and maybe above average D was the difference between the Lakers losing/winning in 2008 and 2009?..

picc84
03-25-2010, 01:38 AM
A healthy Trevor Ariza may have been.

Ariza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Radmanovic

Bynum sucked ass in the PO's last year but he could have given Perkins more resistance than Gasol did. Actually, 09 Gasol would have given Perkins more resistance than 08 Gasol did.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:49 AM
LOL so Andrew Bynum's 17 MPG with 6 and 3 on 46% shooting and maybe above average D was the difference between the Lakers losing/winning in 2008 and 2009?..

So I guess you don't understand how matchups work?

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 01:50 AM
I agree Bynum would have helped, but to say he was the difference is ridiculous IMO..this isn't even the current Bynum we're talking about, it's the shitty playoff Bynum from last year..there's absolutely no way he was the difference, which is what you implied by saying the Lakers "needed" him..

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 01:58 AM
I agree Bynum would have helped, but to say he was the difference is ridiculous IMO..this isn't even the current Bynum we're talking about, it's the shitty playoff Bynum from last year.

Bynum wasn't healthy in last year in the playoffs. Not even close, but his presence was still felt. The alternative is DJ seeing the floor much more and Gasol playing 5-8 more minutes a game throughout the playoffs. Not convinced they get by Denver with that happening.

there's absolutely no way he was the difference, which is what you implied by saying the Lakers "needed" him..

There's no way Pau would have been as effective in the finals without Bynum in the lineup. He would have been riddled with foul trouble and wouldn't have been able to play as aggressively on D.

The Lakers matched Bynum up against Dwight 1v1 and he they wanted him to use all of his fouls to keep Dwight out of rhythm and away from the basket. When Pau was in there they were double-teaming Dwight hard after the first dribble.

Comparing 09 gimpy Bynum to 08 is silly. Bynum would have completely changed the dynamics of the 2008 finals. With Bynum there Boston would have to defend the lob pass and KG would be forced to defend Gasol on the block instead of soft-zoning Kobe all game daring Odom to shoot jumpers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2010, 02:28 AM
both 08 and 09 bynum were beasting before their injuries, especially 2009 Bynum. His playoffs were lack luster but being their to foul and give dwight a big body to deal with made a difference. Orlando isn't guaranteed to win without Bynum and would probably still lose, but it's a hard fought close 6-7 game series.

namlook
03-25-2010, 02:47 AM

If the Lakers turn up the defense like they did in the second half against the Spurs tonight they won't be beaten.

bostonguy
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Pretty sad. But I guess bandwagoning is nothing new for Boston fans.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOjiNwVVfFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pOjiNwVVfFg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Celts fans just ditching the team they're supposed to ditch. :wakeup

You obviously didn't read the last sentence. Once the Celts get eliminated, I am pulling for the Cavs the rest of the postseason. Once the postseason ends, the Celts are back as my top team. Just because I am not picking LA to repeat shouldn't make you this insecure. :toast

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 10:17 AM
nice D at the end. But this is deceiving.

Everyone not named Ginobili and Hill combine for 14-48 or 29%. And more than half of that were open jumpers. Lakers played mediocre. No they did not flip a switch.

TheMACHINE
03-25-2010, 10:31 AM

Everyone not named Ginobili and Hill combine for 14-48 or 29%. And more than half of that were open jumpers. Lakers played mediocre. No they did not flip a switch.

exactly. Lakers simply beating a crappy team they were suppose to beat.

lil_penny
03-25-2010, 10:38 AM

I don't know if you watched the same game as me but artest basically shut your whole team down and made them take horrible shot selections, not too mention gasol doing a great job on duncan. And kobe going into full beast mode the second half.. I havnt seen the lakers play this serious on both ends of the floor(mostly defense) for quite along time. They flipped a switch. The lakers really didn't give a shit till mid 4th when they actually seemed to start playing.

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 10:38 AM
exactly. Lakers simply beating a crappy team they were suppose to beat.

:tu

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't know if you watched the same game as me but artest basically shut your whole team down and made them take horrible shot selections, not too mention gasol doing a great job on duncan. And kobe going into full beast mode the second half.. I havnt seen the lakers play this serious on both ends of the floor(mostly defense) for quite along time. They flipped a switch. The lakers really didn't give a shit till mid 4th when they actually seemed to start playing.

huh, there were only 2 Spurs playing last night: Ginobili and Hill. Yes Artest did a great job on them. But you can hardly conclude that Lakers flipped the switch last night.

2 guys! noone else in black was worth a shit.

lil_penny
03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
huh, there were only 2 Spurs playing last night: Ginobili and Hill. Yes Artest did a great job on them. But you can hardly conclude that Lakers flipped the switch last night.

Ginobli playing like he has been is close to un guardable.. however I think hill played great till the 2nd half when they came out in the 3rd the lakers did a great job of containing him.. the whole game i thought as a team they did a good job on all the spurs playing d.

Banzai
03-25-2010, 10:53 AM
We will be in the finals this year. I know you and every Laker fan prays we don't make it because you wont have HCA. Lebron has help this time. Cavs have a much deeper team than LA. Cavs have the better superstar and better team chemistry. Trust me....Lakers want no part of the Cavs come June and you fucking know it.

relax.

SomeCallMeTim
03-25-2010, 10:55 AM

Yep, that's what I saw. I can be pretty critical of the Lakers, but they looked great to me last night. They really seemed to want that one, Artest, Kobe, and Fisher were showing a lot of emotion. Some of Artest's antics were a little classless but I'll let that slide when he plays that hard.

It seems they still view winning in SA as something of a litmus test, as they should. These teams have squared off a lot in the POs and beating the Spurs in SA, even this weaker team, still means something. Good challenge for the team last night.

SomeCallMeTim
03-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Might the Lakers' D have had something to do with that, pray tell?

I always enjoy when people dismiss a team's suckitude with "they just didn't come to play" as if that happens in a vacuum.

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Might the Lakers' D have had something to do with that, pray tell?

I always enjoy when people dismiss a team's suckitude with "they just didn't come to play" as if that happens in a vacuum.

not when Bonner, Mason, Bogans, Duncan and RJ miss WIDE OPEN JUMPER after WIDE OPEN JUMPER

j.dizzle
03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
So anyone know if Ron Ron took his left hand out to dinner last night??? lmao

FkLA
03-25-2010, 02:48 PM
i dont know about that, as this has been a problem for the spurs the entire year...they cant seem to hold leads or close out games. 29% shooting in the second half is pitiful especially considering that alot of those shots were wide open, i think it was the spurs going cold like they have so many times this season rather than the lakers flipping the switch.

their recent road wins @ Phx and now @ SA are nice though especially after their 3 game skid @ Mia, Orl, and Cha.

duhoh
03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
So I guess you don't understand how matchups work?

i'm guessing you don't realize how much of an idiot bynum is.

yall still would've been owned by the '08 celts.

if the series had gone to 7, then you might've had a point. sitting clownin on cavs fans about the would've, could've, should've, when you just did it yourself.

i'm with ghazi on this guy, get this idiot off our board!

duhoh
03-25-2010, 03:13 PM
If the Lakers turn up the defense like they did in the second half against the Spurs tonight they won't be beaten.

naw, you just follow whatever mark jackson said about LA.

SAS killed themselves with 3's and poor passing decisions, and the mamba took advantage

Ashy Larry
03-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Not that a team needs a lift while riding a seven-game winning streak, but the Lakers might find one on their injury report.

Andrew Bynum and Luke Walton both hope to come back quickly after the Lakers' five-game trip, either April 2 against Utah or April 4 against San Antonio, both at Staples Center.

Bynum said his strained left Achilles' tendon was feeling better Wednesday, and Walton practiced for the first time Tuesday, doing some non-contact scrimmaging with the team before joining them on their flight to San Antonio.

Bynum missed his second consecutive game in the Lakers' 92-83 victory Wednesday against the Spurs, but said the discomfort was subsiding.

"Less pain in the boot," said Bynum, motioning toward the plastic walking boot he was wearing on his lower left leg.

He set his return as early as next week, "hopefully within the first couple of games in April."

Bynum's lift would be important to monitor, Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said.

"I think more than anything else, to be able to consistently take off on that foot. I think that'll be the key," he said.

Jackson, buoyed by Bynum's improvement, said he hadn't ruled out Bynum's return by the end of the trip.

But Bynum said it wouldn't happen: "I'm out."

Walton has played only 24 games this season, primarily because of recurring problems with a pinched nerve in his lower back. He is averaging 2.4 points and 8.3 minutes a game, though Jackson praised the seven-year veteran.

"We really miss Luke Walton because he's a facilitator," Jackson said. "He's played with these bench guys for a long time. These injuries have stretched our limits a little bit"

The expert

The five-game trip will be busy for Lakers assistant coach Jim Cleamons, who is in charge of preparing game plans for the first four teams on the trip, a random quirk of the schedule that will keep him occupied.

Jackson assigned each assistant coach either nine or 10 teams before the season began. Cleamons just happened to have San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Houston and New Orleans.

"All these games are going to be like a playoff atmosphere, so I think that's the fun of it," Cleamons said. "I'm doing the scouting but I'm enjoying looking at them and anticipating how we're going to play. You know you're working, but you enjoy your work, so you just do what you've got to do."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100325,0,6858091.story

IronMexican
03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Why didn't I think of Ashy Larry.

The Gemini Method
03-25-2010, 06:27 PM
lol @ Ashy Larry...didn't notice it til now...