PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans...Manu?

jonnybravo
03-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Would you guys take Manu?

I would. Let him retire in LA with a few more championships.

I always liked that guy. Do it Mitch!

Allanon
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Manu's a great player.

Do it Mitch!

21_Blessings
03-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Manu will look great coming off the Lakers bench with Odom.

Might as well book the three-peat now if that happens.

duhoh
03-24-2010, 11:34 PM
that would solidify an allegiance to LA.

i still can't stand gasol and vujacic, but i guess ron ron and manu would win me over :D

ezzizle
03-24-2010, 11:35 PM

i still can't stand gasol and vujacic, but i guess ron ron and manu would win me over :D

cool story bro

picc84
03-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Manu would make us unstoppable.

Manu
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

Fpoonsie
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/sevs41/GetTheFuckOut.gif

jag
03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
If that happened, I would wish terrible things upon his ankles.

anonoftheinternets
ugh ... this thread blows ...

Killakobe81
Who would TURN down Manu ginobili hell in the triangle he could run the point easy ...

AnthonyM
03-24-2010, 11:40 PM

:tu
Send To Phone

jag
03-24-2010, 11:40 PM

:lol

timtonymanu
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM
But I thought Manu was done to some of you Laker fans.

AnthonyM
03-24-2010, 11:42 PM
http://jimfairthorne.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/get-the-fuck-out.jpg

picc84
03-24-2010, 11:43 PM
But I thought Manu was done to some of you Laker fans.

Only if there's no possibility of signing him.

Then he's fucking DONE.

ffadicted
03-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Worst fucking thread ever

ginobili's bald spot
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
:lol @ how mad spurfan gets at these threads.

Fpoonsie
03-24-2010, 11:56 PM
:lol @ how mad spurfan gets at these threads.

I'm not mad at this thread. As others have said, who WOULDN'T want Manu?

I'm annoyed w/ "Spur fan" that says he'd jump ship if Manu leaves.

badfish22
03-24-2010, 11:58 PM
He could pull a Finley.

ImmortalD24
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Manu's a great player.

Do it Mitch! +1

4th quarter lineup with Kobe+Manu+ Artest would be deadly.

ginobili's bald spot
03-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Ya I wasn't talking about you. Of course anybody would want Manu. He is an ideal complementary player and 6th man to a championship team. Even though he's slowed down a bit with age he is still a fantastic role player and a winner.

Fpoonsie
03-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Ya I wasn't talking about you. Of course anybody would want Manu. He is an ideal complementary player and 6th man to a championship team. Even though he's slowed down a bit with age he is still a fantastic role player and a winner.

In retrospect, I kinda figured as much.

Unfortunately, I still wanted to bitch about the same ol' thing.

Apologies.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
03-25-2010, 12:22 AM
If Lakers fans weren't already hated enough you guys would have a bunch of Nazi lovers added to your fan base.

DJ Mbenga
03-25-2010, 12:29 AM
if he is willing to take a portion of the mle or the bi annual exception(which the lakers wont have) im sure he would just stay with the spurs out of loyalty since that window is shut

namlook
03-25-2010, 02:50 AM
25 minutes off the Lakers bench would be perfect for Manu and he could collect a few more rings.

KSeal
03-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Lakers need a PG.

jonnybravo
03-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Lakers need a PG.

He can EASILY run the triangle PG duties dude.

21_Blessings
03-25-2010, 03:27 AM
Lakers need a PG.

Understatement of the century.

ezau
03-25-2010, 06:16 AM
It's tough to hate Manu even if he's wearing a Laker jersey. I liked the guy ever since and I would understand if he wishes to play for a contending team before he retires.

Chillen
03-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Believe it or not I can actually see this happening, Manu has been loyal to the Spurs but if the Lakers want him that bad it's not that far fetched, as much as it would suck for Spurs fans. Manu would solidfy the Lakers bench and with that lineup, if the Lakers fail to repeat this year they would be the clear favorites to win it all next season. They would be scary good. It really all depends on if he wants to have a legit shot at a ring or stay with the franchise he has helped guide to 3 NBA titles and possibly retire a Spur. He has stated he will leave the window open to explore other oppurtunitys, so it's not impossible he will be wearing a purple and yellow jersey next year.

Donkeybong
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
lakers dont have enough money

Express-News
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Manu with a Fakers jersey would be able to have at least 10 FT a game, get "good" shoots at .4 sec and clean his "flopper" reputation to a "good foul seller" LOL ..... dude would be unstoppable.......even his bald spot would look sexy to espn.... I can even see LA beaners shaving a bald spot to look like manu.......

silverblk mystix
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
this thread --and just the thought that it could happen---

has literally made me ill, nauseous, angry, frustrated and depressed all at once....

I'm shutting off the fucking computer...

FTL

lefty
03-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Lakers need a PG.
Your avatar is creepy and arousing

TheMACHINE
03-25-2010, 10:29 AM
damn ....Manu, Rubio, Mayo, Artest, Bryant and Gasol all on the same team?!

Crazy

DAF86
03-25-2010, 11:09 AM
If Manu wants more championships he will go to Cleveland 'cause everybody knows that that's the team that will be winning those from now on 'till Lebron declines.

Xevious
03-25-2010, 12:20 PM
He can EASILY run the triangle PG duties dude.
Sure he can, question is whether you want him chasing around smaller, quicker PGs on defense. Unless you're going to leave that to Kobe or Artest.

TheMACHINE
03-25-2010, 12:25 PM
If Manu wants more championships he will go to Cleveland 'cause everybody knows that that's the team that will be winning those from now on 'till Lebron declines.

orlando begs to differ.

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Sure he can, question is whether you want him chasing around smaller, quicker PGs on defense. Unless you're going to leave that to Kobe or Artest.

If can with Fisher in tat role why not Manu?

As for the cavs of course they are the faves for thenear future but Jordan did 2 sets of 3 peats in 8 years you thinkLebron is going to match that whenhe starts winning titles?

there willbe some titles up for grabs ...and why would manu want to play on ateamthat doesnt need his ballhandling? yes he can spot up and shoot but Manu is bets as a play-maker La needs one it would be aperfect fit ...

pipedream though.

Killakobe81
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM

If can with Fisher in tat role why not Manu?

As for the cavs of course they are the faves for thenear future but Jordan did 2 sets of 3 peats in 8 years you thinkLebron is going to match that whenhe starts winning titles?

there willbe some titles up for grabs ...and why would manu want to play on ateamthat doesnt need his ballhandling? yes he can spot up and shoot but Manu is best as a play-maker ...and

La needs one it would be aperfect fit ...

I alwys said the 3 perfect fits for the trianngle i would kill for: Dwill, Manu and grant hill all 3 have games perfectly suited for the triangle offense ...

pipedream though.

z0sa
03-25-2010, 12:28 PM
orlando begs to differ.

Wouldve been funny if Orlando had any rings.

j.dizzle
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
:lol He aint gonna go from SA to an even more boring city in Cle. Shaq & Big Z are basically done while Gasol & Bynum are still young..I can already see Manu cruising PCH in a bentley droptop with his wife hahaha

TheMACHINE
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Wouldve been funny if Orlando had any rings.

Same goes for the Cavs.

nkdlunch
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
uhoh, I don't think Manu's wife will approve.

Can you imagine Kobe after a game:
"Manu, let's go hit some hotel rooms"

EmptyMan
03-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Manu is the only player whom I would still root for if he went to L.A.

Reeko_Htown
03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Manu will sign with us before he signs with the fakers.

We have his Buddy...Luis ;)

FkLA
03-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Manu's averaging like 23 ppg since being inserted into the starting line-up, and like 20 ppg along with around 5 apg & 4 rpg since the all-star break. None of the top teams want a piece of the Spurs once Parker returns considering Manu is back in form. Theyll give a dogfight to whoever their first round opponent is.

Regarding Manu to LA, Kobe is a huge fan of Manu and will likely make a pitch to him. Still think he stays put though.

duhoh
03-25-2010, 03:17 PM

:nope
sorry for not letting the spurs consume me in sports. but i'm a basketball fan first, then spurs fan second.

people get way too mad easily. but that's why i'm a fan of the teams, not a fan of the fans.

picc84
03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Manu and Kobe in the backcourt would basically mean you'd need a 10+ point lead with 1 minute left to even have a prayer of winning.

And God help you if the game goes down to the wire.

Baseline
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
If Manu were on the Lakers, they'd go 82-0. And if Bryant got hit by a bus and was paralyzed forever, they'd still go 82-0.

A healthy Manu is everything that Bryant is, and everything that Bryant isn't. A healthy Manu is just as competitive as Bryant, but he's more of a killer because he doesn't care who the hero is -- he just cares about the win. Manu doesn't have to be the hero, so by definition he makes his teammates better. Manu would pass the ball to Gasol or Bynum or Odom for dunks all game long and not score a point, and he'd be the happiest guy on earth, because he'd get a 20-point win every night.

Manu is 1000% about the team, so the Lakers would be better than they've ever been with Bryant.

Manu's teammates love and respect him. Bryant's teammates fear and hate him.

A healthy Manu takes the ball to the hole more than Bryant. Manu is breakneck, win at all costs, 100% of the time. Bryant is calculated, always measuring what is best for himself.

If Manu came to LA, you moron Laker fans would finally understand how overrated Bryant has always been.

DAF86
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
If Manu were on the Lakers, they'd go 82-0. And if Bryant got hit by a bus and was paralyzed forever, they'd still go 82-0.

A healthy Manu is everything that Bryant is, and everything that Bryant isn't. A healthy Manu is just as competitive as Bryant, but he's more of a killer because he doesn't care who the hero is -- he just cares about the win. Manu doesn't have to be the hero, so by definition he makes his teammates better. Manu would pass the ball to Gasol or Bynum or Odom for dunks all game long and not score a point, and he'd be the happiest guy on earth, because he'd get a 20-point win every night.

Manu is 1000% about the team, so the Lakers would be better than they've ever been with Bryant.

A healthy Manu takes the ball to the hole more than Bryant. Manu is breakneck, win at all costs, 100% of the time. Bryant is calculated, always measuring what is best for himself.

If Manu came to LA, you moron Laker fans would finally understand how overrated Bryant has always been.

That's nice and all but you're forgetting the fact that Bryant's talent > Manu's talent.

Ashy Larry
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
damn, if Mitch could swing that ........ genius move. Because after our first 6 or 7, we have garbage collecting checks.......

bostonguy
03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Lakers should use their MLE to land Manu or Tmac. Then give Morrison that qualifying offer and ship his and Sasha's expiring contracts for a pg.

picc84
03-25-2010, 04:28 PM

And if Kobe were on the Spurs instead of Manu, they'd have 6 championships this decade. :lol