PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Lakers Game)

duncan228
03-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100324.html).

Gregg Popovich

On the game - I thought we competed great. I was pleased with the competitiveness. We needed more players to play well and more players to make shots. In the fourth quarter, they (Lakers) did (make shots) and we didn’t.

On Ron Artest - He’s the one that created the turnovers. He did a heck of a job for them.

When asked if the shooting was the main cause of the second half play - It’s never one thing. If we hadn’t had any turnovers, we could have hung in longer. We had opportunities. In a 48 minute game, they add up. We needed to make shots. Turnovers in the fourth quarter are not a good thing.

Manu Ginobili

On not enough to win - Not making our shots is one thing but we also stopped during the second half and we didn’t move the ball as well. We didn’t penetrate and kick as much as we did during the first. It’s true that we missed some open shots but we didn’t play good defense either. During the third quarter the Lakers started making some very tough shots. They had good timing and they made the shots they need to make, we didn’t make our shots. We stopped and didn’t play as sharp as we did during the first half.

On Ron Artest - He is one of the best defenders in the league. He has long arms. He’s strong. We put ourselves in a bad position being in front of him during the second half. Things happen and we knew he was good defender.

On 5 game stretch - We need to make fewer mistakes. I think we played great basketball for almost 2 ½ quarters with solid defense and hustle. We just had some bad moment during the third and let the Lakers score. We were unable to score late in the third. Against a team like the Lakers, Cleveland, or Boston you’re not going to win with our scoring. We played great basketball for most of the game and then we stopped. We need to play steady basketball for 48 minutes.

On beating the best of the best - You always want to beat the best teams but at this point in the season I just want to beat the team in front of me. If it’s the worst or the best we just need to win. Every win is big right now and every game counts. We need to put ourselves in the best situation possible for the playoffs.

Matt Bonner

On tonight's team play - I think we played hard and left it all out on the basketball court. We did a good job with adjustments on the fly and dealing with Kobe Bryant.

On preparing for Cleveland - I like the challenge. It’s good for this team especially when we are getting ready for the playoffs. These final games will only make us better. With the effort we put forth tonight and a few more shots we will be ok. We treat every game the same. I think we are getting better and excited for the challenges ahead.

Phil Jackson

On the second half - We came up with a lot of loose balls and steals. I was still unhappy with the amount of shots they had that were open looks. We got control of Hill a little bit. We held him to one point in the second half, after scoring probably a career high in the first half. Ginobili was who he is.

When asked about Ron Artest - He played a really good defensive game. He chased out some balls that cost us some points, but most of the time he comes up with that ball and makes some great plays.

When asked what was the difference between the first half and the second - I thought they (Spurs) had more energy in the first half then we did. We were telling the guys at half time that they weren’t expending themselves and they were pacing themselves. They came out and played hard in the second half.

On playing George Hill in the second half - We played him a little bit better on the screen and rolls. We were more prepared in the second half. We saw some of the things they did in the first half and we were able to control those things in the second.

When asked about Gasol on Duncan - (Gasol) length really bothered Tim tonight. I don’t know if it’s always that way. He got a couple of blocks. I thought they nullified each other. I think Pau out scored him by four points, which isn’t a whole lot.

Kobe Bryant

On if Ron Artest performance tonight was why the Lakers acquired him - Yes. This year he’s quicker, he‘s a lot faster and more agile.

On being double-teamed tonight - I just tried to be patient. I had spots out there especially in the first quarter as I knew it was going to be a tough game but I just had to wait.

On their second half performance - We simply made adjustments. In the first half we blew a lot of assignments, which was something we were trying to minimize as we had guys wide open in during our rotation.

On the Lakers lock-down defense after being down in the first half - We‘ve been a great defensive team for years. Guys stepped up, which is what I like to see.

Ron Artest

On if tonight was his best defensive performance tonight as a Laker - Initially no, the main thing tonight was the effort. I will let other people judge that but the effort during the last ten games have been on point as that‘s what we really want to focus on.

On their defensive performance in the second half - I think Pau had some good blocks as he was tough today. Guys kept dribbling the ball around me but I think to their credit, they‘ve been thinking for the past three year I haven‘t been the same defender so they probably think I‘m still that same guy three years ago. But since I‘ve gotten lighter, I think guys are now going to be reminded now to dribble so much around me.

Sisk
03-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah.. what I expected for the most part

Thanks as always duncan228

DesignatedT
03-25-2010, 12:51 AM
When asked about Gasol on Duncan - (Gasol) length really bothered Tim tonight. I don’t know if it’s always that way. He got a couple of blocks. I thought they nullified each other. I think Pau out scored him by four points, which isn’t a whole lot.

sabar
03-25-2010, 12:54 AM
At least the didn't make enough shots excuse makes sense this time. Our FG% was atrocious. All the scorers on this team and we still get those infamous scoring droughts from the last few years.

Allanon
03-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the write up D228.

Ron's defense has really picked up this second half of the season.

Manu-of-steel
03-25-2010, 01:03 AM
thanks duncan228

Baseline
03-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Has Popovich ever taken the blame for something or admitted doing anything wrong as a coach?

I swear I don't ever remember if he has in all these years. It's always the players' fault. Always.

Guy is such a freaking tool it's unconscionable.

itzsoweezee
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100324.html).

Matt Bonner

On preparing for Cleveland - I like the challenge. It’s good for this team especially when we are getting ready for the playoffs.

LOL @ this worthless motherfucker acting like he doesn't shrivel up and die any time the pressure's on. boner + mason = the bitchmade bench. i don't understand why either of these two get any minutes.

carina_gino20
03-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Should have interviewed Tim...just so we can get a clue about what's going on inside his mind right now.

DesignatedT
03-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Has Popovich ever taken the blame for something or admitted doing anything wrong as a coach?

I swear I don't ever remember if he has in all these years. It's always the players' fault. Always.

Guy is such a freaking tool it's unconscionable.

you're way off my friend.

TD 21
03-25-2010, 01:31 AM
LOL @ this worthless motherfucker acting like he doesn't shrivel up and die any time the pressure's on. boner + mason = the bitchmade bench. i don't understand why either of these two get any minutes.

Apparently the genius coach hasn't figured this out yet. I want Bonner benched vs the Cavs, at least until the game begins to get out of hand, then get Duncan out and rest him. It's time to give McDyess a couple of 30 minute games and Blair a couple of 25 minute games. Bonner, the past two years, might be shooting 50% against quality opposition...from 2 and 3 combined that is. Mason, he's cost himself a ton of money with his beyond dreadful performance this season. The inability of this team to make open 3's against good teams has been an ongoing trend the past few seasons.

SenorSpur
03-25-2010, 01:57 AM
Seriously, is Pop's post game quote a recorded reprint? It sure seems as though he uses this same post-game quote - a lot.

Instead offering that, perhaps he should've offered this:

Gregg Popovich

On the game - I thought we competed great. I was pleased with the competitiveness. We need more players on the roster that can consistently play well and defend well. We need more players that can help create and make shots for themselves. Currently we don't have either. In the fourth quarter, they (Lakers) did (make shots) and we didn’t. We also need to score more points in the post, instead of simply from the arc. Unlike Spurs teams of the past, we're also not a very good defensive team.

If Pop is honest with himself, hopefully he's thinking this, by now.

santymrc
03-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Seriously, is Pop's post game quote a recorded reprint? It sure seems as though he uses this same post-game quote - a lot.

Instead offering that, perhaps he should've offered this:

Gregg Popovich

On the game - I thought we competed great. I was pleased with the competitiveness. We need more players on the roster that can consistently play well and defend well. We need more players that can help create and make shots for themselves. Currently we don't have either. In the fourth quarter, they (Lakers) did (make shots) and we didn’t. We also need to score more points in the post, instead of simply from the arc. Unlike Spurs teams of the past, we're also not a very good defensive team.

If Pop is honest with himself, hopefully he's thinking this, by now.

He's the coach, but the GM also. If he says something like that, he's saying "I've failed to get a good roster yet again, so we are screwed once again" and "We rely on the 3 point shot couse I dont have any bigs besides TD (I used to have one but I just traded him for nothing) so when he struggles to get a shot, we just jump-shoot forever (If Manu is in the bench) and I love Bonner to take thouse shots." He'll have to leave right after saying such things.

SenorSpur
03-25-2010, 02:11 AM
He's the coach, but the GM also. If he says something like that, he's saying "I've failed to get a good roster yet again, so we are screwed once again" and "We rely on the 3 point shot couse I dont have any bigs besides TD (I used to have one but I just traded him for nothing) so when he struggles to get a shot, we just jump-shoot forever (If Manu is in the bench) and I love Bonner to take thouse shots." He'll have to leave right after saying such things.

Yeah, I know he can't say those things, however the results are obvious and the deficiencies are clearly showing up game-after-game.

Chico
03-25-2010, 03:00 AM
is it wrong to say that Phil Jackson seems like a decent guy?

santymrc
03-25-2010, 03:04 AM
is it wrong to say that Phil Jackson seems like a decent guy?

Do you want to get your * (ass) pwned?