PDA

View Full Version : Where is Malik Hairston?

spursbird
03-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Bench Roger Mason. He cannot shoot. He cannot defend. He's a totally rubbish on the court. Bench Bogans. He can hardly shoot the 3pt. He cannot defend the super stars like Kobe and LeBron. Bench Mcdyess. He's old, slow and strengthless. Please give Malik Hairston and Ian Mahinmi more time! I belive they would save the Spurs! PLEASE POP!:ihit:flag:

MaNu4Tres
03-25-2010, 04:17 AM
:violin

AussieFanKurt
03-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Please give Malik Hairston and Ian Mahinmi more time!

:toast

easy7
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Why give good young players a chance to fuck up and get better when we can play players that are proven that can and will fuck up and remain fuck ups? Makes no sense...

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Mason is running the backup point position and Hairston can't do that. That's the only reason I can think of as to why Roger Mason is still getting minutes.

Spurs7794
03-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Bogans playing continues to piss me off. If Bowen was not a good, clutch shooter, his effectiveness for our team would have been drastically reduced and he's a MUCH better defender than Bogans. Yet Bogans continues to paly and he fouls too much, turns it over too much, and is NEVER in a good rhythm with his shots. Seriously, the guy hasn't made two shots in a row in what feels like 4 months. He was 1/4 on threes against Atlanta and I consider that a good showing for him. Pop has lost his mind on this with the Centerpiece.

spursbird
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Mason is running the backup point position and Hairston can't do that. That's the only reason I can think of as to why Roger Mason is still getting minutes.
Temple can run the point better than him and he has better defense and athleticsm. Sigh, I really miss TP.

LongtimeSpursFan
03-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Bench Roger Mason. He cannot shoot. He cannot defend. He's a totally rubbish on the court. Bench Bogans. He can hardly shoot the 3pt. He cannot defend the super stars like Kobe and LeBron. Bench Mcdyess. He's old, slow and strengthless. Please give Malik Hairston and Ian Mahinmi more time! I belive they would save the Spurs! PLEASE POP!:ihit:flag:

Malik Hairston and Ian Mahinmi should not be getting any quality minutes this year. Neither one has shown me anything to substantiate minutes on the floor with playoff implications at hand. Save them for garbage time. Anyone who thinks Hairston and Mahinmi are answers to Spurs woes has no clue about basketball.

spursbird
03-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Malik Hairston and Ian Mahinmi should not be getting any quality minutes this year. Neither one has shown me anything to substantiate minutes on the floor with playoff implications at hand. Save them for garbage time. Anyone who thinks Hairston and Mahinmi are answers to Spurs woes has no clue about basketball.
But have you seen wtf Mason and Bogans performed? If Mason can shoot the 3pt, we would win by 15 pts in the first half. And Bogans is completely a liability on offense on the court.

ffadicted
03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Too late now folks

Shastafarian
03-25-2010, 01:06 PM

Why does Bogans continue to play?

To answer the question posed by the OP, he's on the bench where he shall stay regardless of effectiveness of others.

Shastafarian
03-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Malik Hairston and Ian Mahinmi should not be getting any quality minutes this year. Neither one has shown me anything to substantiate minutes on the floor with playoff implications at hand.What have Mason, Bogans, and Bonner shown you?

Save them for garbage time. Anyone who thinks Hairston and Mahinmi are answers to Spurs woes has no clue about basketball.

Please explain to us basketball novices how The Centerpiece and Mason have helped the team win.

Chomag
03-25-2010, 01:11 PM
He was taking to many minutes away from the Centerpiece.

By the way the Centerpieces defence in the Laker game was laughable.

murpjf88
03-25-2010, 01:19 PM
This thread is two months too late.

YoMamaIsCallin
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
I would certainly agree with you on Hairston, he should be getting Mason's minutes, and some of Jefferson's too. Mason just killed the Spurs chances against the Lakers. If he'd made even 2 or better 3 of the 5 threes he took, they would have had a fighting chance. They were all great looks and he bricked all 5, none of them were really even close. And, he's really shaky at PG, kind of just barely gets it into the frontcourt, then gets it to someone else and fades to the corner. Mason's also not much on D... did you see the 3-ball Kobe shot right in his face and made easily?

The Spurs, especially when they're down one of the big 3, just can't compete against good teams without the bench being solid. Adding Malik into the regular bench rotation would, I think, shore it up quite a bit. He's a solid defender, good rebounder, and brings energy in great quantity. He's also not afraid, which I'm thinking Mason is now.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 01:37 PM

How could they show you that they don't deserve minutes when they don't play?..LOL..you must have access to those infamous Spurs practices that we keep hearing about from the Pop-suckers..

Your argument can't possibly be that they haven't shown you anything in garbage time..Hairston has been very good whenever he's seen the floor in these last few weeks(and it hasn't been just garbage time at all, he's shown a lot of good stuff against other rotation guys) and Ian has looked dominant in garbage time..

I'm not saying that producing against other benches means it will translate to immediate success, but you have absolutely no basis in saying they haven't shown you they don't deserve minutes, it doesn't make any sense since they've barely gotten a chance(Hairston has gotten a small chance and clearly made the most out of it so far..Ian hasn't been given a chance)..

dbestpro
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
RMJ is not the guy infront of Hairston. No way Hairston is a better shooter than RMJ. The guy I would like to see Malik in front of is Bogans. In the end the problem is the same for most of the team. We are simply too short.

Borosai
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
McDyess
--plus--
Hill
Hairston
Blair
Mahinmi

If you're not going to contend, you might as well get something positive out of the season (i.e., develop young players into contributors for next season).

objective
03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
I have the solution for Hairston, the player who has done nothing but produce and hustle his ass off when he's been give legit time. And this will work for Ian too.

Be a lockerroom cancer.

That's the problem with Malik and Ian. They do their jobs, keep their mouths shut and work hard.

They need to demand a trade and play like utter garbage. Then Pop will trust them. They need to demand a role they don't deserve like Finley and earn Pop's undying love and be given starts.

They can't do the other crucial thing . . . being really old.

But if they start a ruckus, demand a trade, go to the media about minutes, quit on plays, and deflect blame onto everyone but themselves . . .

Maybe, just maybe, they'll catch the twinkle of Pop's eye.

Remember what Van Gundy said last night, quoting an assistant coach from the Magic, "Players are only as good as their coach thinks they are".

Right now Pop thinks Bogans and Mason and Bonner and Dice are centerpieces and clutch playoff performers. And he thinks Malik and Ian are d-league scrubs. If they act like divas who deserve attention and time, maybe he'll give it to them.

AusSpursFan
03-25-2010, 05:37 PM
At the very least Malik is certainly more entertaining. But given more game time, I believe he has the ability to prove he has not only great hops, but a decent outside shot and solid D.

spursbird
03-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Never too late to wake Pop up:downspin:

Bruno
03-26-2010, 06:43 AM
All this bitching about Hairston and Mahinmi not playing is ridiculous. It has reached a point where there isn't a single thread without someone bitching about Bogans, Mason or Bonner playing and/or Hairston and Mahinmi not playing.

We basically all agree that Bogans and Mason have been horrible lately and that Hairston deserves to get more playing time. For Ian, it's more complicate mainly because of his contract but his situation is "strange".

But, at the end, it's just a detail and something almost meaningless. We are just talking about who should be at the deep end of the bench. It's crazy to see you being so focused on a little detail like that. I guess it's part of the human nature and the need of a scapegoat.

spursbird
03-26-2010, 08:33 AM
All this bitching about Hairston and Mahinmi not playing is ridiculous. It has reached a point where there isn't a single thread without someone bitching about Bogans, Mason or Bonner playing and/or Hairston and Mahinmi not playing.

We basically all agree that Bogans and Mason have been horrible lately and that Hairston deserves to get more playing time. For Ian, it's more complicate mainly because of his contract but his situation is "strange".

But, at the end, it's just a detail and something almost meaningless. We are just talking about who should be at the deep end of the bench. It's crazy to see you being so focused on a little detail like that. I guess it's part of the human nature and the need of a scapegoat.
Well, maybe you're right. I really hope the Spurs can win the games, and when the truth happened there I just can't control myself bitching at the bitching players.

TacoCabanaFajitas
03-26-2010, 10:02 AM
But, at the end, it's just a detail and something almost meaningless. We are just talking about who should be at the deep end of the bench..

That's crap. I would bet my fucking life that if Hairston started the season and had all the PT Bogans has had, we're looking a lot better going into the playoffs, and next season than we are right now. Hairston is as close to a replacement/heir to Bowen that we have had on this roster, a role which ALL of us are dying to see filled, but the kid hasn't even been given the chance to succeed. As for Ian, the reason he's mentioned in every thread is because it eats at the majority of us when our first "big" off of the bench is a 6'11" redhead that is humiliated in the post by any decent bigman, and on most nights combines with Bogans and Mason to average about 10 pts a game together, meanwhile Hairson the young energetic kid with the DESIRE to play lockdown defense is relegated to the fucking bench.

Anyone that has watched the Spurs and watched basketball anytime in the last 40 years knows that this team has no shot at winning a title this year, not when Bogans/Bonner/Mason are playing heavy minutes, Pop could at least look forward a little and TRY to develop are young guys for the days coming when we will have to rely on them...that is unless he plans on signing some "savvy vets" instead.

Shit's just frustrating. It's honestly a waste of time for me to watch us play games against contenders because I just end up being annoyed with Pop to the point where I usually throw my remote and find myself yelling at my TV or rolling my eyes instead of enjoying the game

nkdlunch
03-26-2010, 10:03 AM

welcome to spurstalk

Muser
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
One can hope that next year Hairston will see regular minutes, seems as though the Spurs took his option.

Dr. Gonzo
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM

I know. If only a thread on the internet was started two months ago Hairston would be playing.

Obstructed_View
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
For Ian, it's more complicate mainly because of his contract but his situation is "strange".

If teams didn't play guys because they are likely to go somewhere else the following year the rotations would be really short.