PDA

View Full Version : Kwame brown suspended for playoffs, future in Wash in doubt!

TMSKILZ
05-03-2005, 02:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2052486

You have to figure they will try to rid themselves of KBrown, seeing as though he's been a bust for them. Would love for the Spurs to get this kid & let him learn under coach Pop, our system & TD.

How about a Rasho & cash for KBrown?

exstatic
05-03-2005, 02:28 PM
How about Barry and cash?

2centsworth
05-03-2005, 02:30 PM

You have to figure they will try to rid themselves of KBrown, seeing as though he's been a bust for them. Would love for the Spurs to get this kid & let him learn under coach Pop, our system & TD.

How about a Rasho & cash for KBrown? Rasho has earned a break from spurs fans. He's been huge the past two games. Maybe Kwame can wash Rasho's jock?

Supergirl
05-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Did you not miss the part about Kwame being a "MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT SINCE BEING THE FIRST HIGH SCHOOLER DRAFTED NUMBER ONE IN 2001" ???

NO, no, no. NO.

exstatic
05-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Um, he actually played quite well last year, averaging 10.9p/7.4r in 30 minutes. His major problem was being drafted by the Jordan regime, and forced to sit behind older players that MJ wanted to play. Besides, he shoots 66% from the FT line, making him a lock to show up in Silver and Black someday. Why not now?

His numbers after 4 seasons are better than Jermaine O'Neal's were. If they want to give up on him, then we should step in quickly, and offer them a player and a pick for him. He's 23, Parker's age.

ducks
05-03-2005, 02:44 PM
you have to think bulls would be after him
he would be cheaper then curry or maybe even chandler

duncan2k5
05-03-2005, 02:49 PM
no way. rasho is better than kwame. his body language on the court sucks. it reeks of "loser"

Supergirl
05-03-2005, 02:49 PM
But Kwame's had a chance to prove himself and has not proved to be #1 status. O'Neal sat at the end of Portland's bench for 4 years and then BURST OUT the first minute he got playing time, which was in Indiana.

Phenomanul
05-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Um, he actually played quite well last year, averaging 10.9p/7.4r in 30 minutes. His major problem was being drafted by the Jordan regime, and forced to sit behind older players that MJ wanted to play. Besides, he shoots 66% from the FT line, making him a lock to show up in Silver and Black someday. Why not now?

His numbers after 4 seasons are better than Jermaine O'Neal's were. If they want to give up on him, then we should step in quickly, and offer them a player and a pick for him. He's 23, Parker's age.

I always thought that "Jordan team" would have been way better had they drafted Pau Gasol... who that year ended up receiving ROTY honors.

ducks
05-03-2005, 02:53 PM
did not jackson body language suck before he become a spur

samikeyp
05-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Maybe he can be Jordan's caddy. :)

ducks
05-03-2005, 03:02 PM
now would you take a chance with him and not sign scola or trade scola to them for him
waiting to get flamed by argentine fans

nkdlunch
05-03-2005, 03:03 PM
I live in DC and this kid is dissapointing. They've given him plenty of chances but he seems like he is weak minded. He's got the body and skills but not the mentality to be tough. Hopefully he'll learn, but I think washington is just tired of him. His absence won't matter agains the Bulls, but yes in the 2nd round. If they get there of course.

exstatic
05-03-2005, 03:10 PM
you have to think bulls would be after him
he would be cheaper then curry or maybe even chandler

Actually, Curry would be quite cheap at this point. He has health issues, and they seem to be doing just fine without him. Chandler has that bad back that will scare of any MAX type deals, but he'll probably get paid, likely by Chicago.

I would say offer the Wiz either Barry, Nazr, or Rasho and some cash for a sign and trade. Brown would probably rather play in SA. Chicago is much improved, but not close to elite.

nkdlunch
05-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Actually, Curry would be quite cheap at this point. He has health issues, and they seem to be doing just fine without him. Chandler has that bad back that will scare of any MAX type deals, but he'll probably get paid, likely by Chicago.

I would say offer the Wiz either Barry, Nazr, or Rasho and some cash for a sign and trade. Brown would probably rather play in SA. Chicago is much improved, but not close to elite.

As a Wizard fan: "Yes!!! give us Nazr or Rasho please!"

As a Spurs fan: "You F*****cking crazy??? :drunk "

exstatic
05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I said "one of", not both of them. :lol To develop the kid, one of them would realisticly have to be gone. They probably wouldn't mind Nazr, and as in NY, he'd be the second best center in the EC. Indy gave up Dale Davis, an All Star, for the unknown Jermaine O'Neal. To get, you gotta give.

nkdlunch
05-03-2005, 03:22 PM
With Kwame it's a BIG gamble. Washington took it and look what happened. To think they could have gotten Gasol!

I'll just cross my fingers and home he doesn't come to SA

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-03-2005, 03:24 PM

How about a Rasho & cash for KBrown?

How about letting the current roster play it out for a championship before deciding you need to trade any of 'em for a headcase?

exstatic
05-03-2005, 03:25 PM
He probably won't. Some team will offer him stupid money, and either get him, or get the Wiz to match.

You have to question whether Nazr will re-sign here, though. Pop seems happy with Rasho for the next few years, at least, and will Nazr be happy coming off the bench? I think Kwame could be, if given minutes.

exstatic
05-03-2005, 03:26 PM
How about letting the current roster play it out for a championship before deciding you need to trade any of 'em for a headcase?

It's a current topic. The Wiz didn't wait to suspend him, so why should we wait to talk about it?

Jimcs50
05-03-2005, 03:27 PM
He will be a NJ Net next year....bank on it.

ShoogarBear
05-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Actually, more likely I could see him going back home to be a Hawk.

exstatic
05-03-2005, 03:32 PM
He will be a NJ Net next year....bank on it.

??? They don't have any caproom. If they drop an MCE offer, the Wiz will probably match, and then wait until after the 120 day period to trade him.

vincerodriguez23
05-03-2005, 03:35 PM
it is stupid to get rid of barry, nazr, or rasho for kwame. in fact, i think we should keep these guys and not worry about picking him up.

Crafty One
05-03-2005, 04:36 PM
I have never had the same feeling of pity,hatred,and indegestion at the same time.

TMSKILZ
05-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Nah we need to keep Nazr, I wouldn't mind sending Scola rights & cash or 2nd Rder to the Wiz for KBrown.

Rasho helps us Def but not much in anything else. Nazr gives us OFF, REB & you have to think his Def will improve if he stays.

Have KBrown come off the bench, replace Marks & Rasho, keep Nazr as the starter next to TiMVP!

Sportcamper
05-03-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.keppleroncampus.com/speakers/pics/jackson-k.jpg
Is this person unlucky or what? Every time I turn on the TV something bad happens to poor Kwame...First “The Donald” fires the guy & now this...

exstatic
05-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Nah we need to keep Nazr, I wouldn't mind sending Scola rights & cash or 2nd Rder to the Wiz for KBrown.

Rasho helps us Def but not much in anything else. Nazr gives us OFF, REB & you have to think his Def will improve if he stays.

Have KBrown come off the bench, replace Marks & Rasho, keep Nazr as the starter next to TiMVP!

Wouldn't work. SA would have to offload salary to take his salary on. Besides, if you want to develop him, you have to play him. Sitting was his problem in Washington.

ChumpDumper
05-03-2005, 05:38 PM
SA would have to offload salary to take his salary on.I'm guessing he'd trade Rasho. I think the Spurs will probably look at what they have next year in Rasho and Nazr then see if Scola works out. Horry's back if he doesn't retire, of course.