PDA

View Full Version : Eagles shopping McNabb around

JudynTX
03-25-2010, 08:20 AM
I am not surprised. :wakeup Buffalo and Oakland have stated interest.

ORLANDO, Fla. – Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid said Wednesday the team is entertaining offers for Donovan McNabb(notes), and multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports the Buffalo Bills and Oakland Raiders have inquired about the quarterback’s availability.

However, one source with knowledge of McNabb’s interests said the 11-year veteran would favor a trade to a team with a contending roster, such as the Arizona Cardinals – a franchise that isn’t currently in the mix for his services. The source said McNabb likely wouldn’t sign a long-term deal in either Buffalo or Oakland, which could create a sticking point in any trade talks, as both franchises would expect a new deal in place before acquiring him. McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus in May and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent in 2011.

Both Buffalo and Oakland are prohibited about talking about players on other teams. However, Buffalo coach Chan Gailey did say on Tuesday that he hadn’t ruled out adding an established, star-quality quarterback, similar to the move the Minnesota Vikings made last season with Brett Favre(notes).

“I don’t know, maybe,” Gailey said. “That hasn’t come up, but could we? Yeah. … We’re not looking at anything right now that is set in concrete. Because when you don’t have a proven starter, you’re open to every scenario.”

Meanwhile, the Raiders’ current starting plan at quarterback entails former starter JaMarcus Russell(notes) battling journeyman Bruce Gradkowski(notes) and Charlie Frye(notes) to retain his job.

Though Reid didn’t elaborate on which franchises had contacted the Eagles, he said that all three of the team’s quarterbacks – McNabb, Kevin Kolb(notes) and Michael Vick(notes) – had drawn trade interest

“We’ll go back and look through those [talks] and think through them a little bit once we’re away from this situation here,” Reid said. “[There is] nothing that, right now, that I can jump up and down about. But there has been some interest. … I’m listening to things out there. I’m not saying I’m doing anything. I’m just keeping my ears open, which we do on every player. This is no different.”

Pressed on whether he could guarantee McNabb wouldn’t be traded, Reid was evasive.

“I can tell you Donovan is our starter,” he said. “I can’t make it any clearer than that. We can get into semantics. Donovan is our starting quarterback.”

With teams firming up their scouting reports and the Eagles needing to seize on quarterback-needy teams before franchises have a chance to add one in the draft, several executives said they believe Philadelphia will act in the next several days if it chooses to deal McNabb. Another source with knowledge of McNabb’s situation said he believes a deal is coming “sooner than later” and said he believed the window extended “less than seven days.”

Whether that comes to fruition could depend on several factors. First is Philadelphia’s asking price, which is believed to be a package that would include at least a second-round draft pick. Second is McNabb’s willingness to extend his contract with the club that acquires him – a detail that gives McNabb some power in the process. And third is the Eagles’ ability to reach an agreement on a new deal with Kolb, whom is favored within the organization but has a deal expiring after 2010.

Despite those considerable hurdles, other factors appear to be pressing a deal into motion now. McNabb’s age (33) has put him in Philadelphia’s crosshairs, along with the organization’s intent on developing Kolb as its future starter. Combined with the contracts of both players expiring beyond 2010, and the team’s exercising the option of Michael Vick (who also is slated to earn $5.25 million in 2010), all signs point to the Eagles making a move now. And with the handful of quarterback-needy teams still seeking options, there may never be a better environment for Philadelphia to make a move with McNabb.

As one league general manager put it, “I can’t see any way they go to the draft with all three of their current [quarterbacks]. It doesn’t make much sense, just from the development end. What they’re doing with [Vick] sets them up to move out either Donovan or Kevin Kolb. And if they believe Kolb is their guy – and I think they really do believe in him – then there is your answer.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-mcnabbtraderumors032410&prov=yhoo&type=lgn

monosylab1k
03-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Philly will rue the day they traded him. McNabb is their Dirk, which is both good and bad, but mostly good. He's shown signs of being a choker and he doesn't seem to be a great leader, but he's also hands down their most important player. Get rid of McNabb and that team goes in the toilet in a hurry.

Whisky Dog
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm surprised they exercised the option on Vick. I'd rather have McNabb than Vick. Not like Vick's a young prospect.

That means they are 100% on the Kolb bandwagon and don't wNt McNabb to be, as Jerruh puts it, " a development stopper".

Here's to several years to come of Kolb getting abused by the Dallas D.

DBryant88
03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm surprised they exercised the option on Vick. I'd rather have McNabb than Vick. Not like Vick's a young prospect.

That means they are 100% on the Kolb bandwagon and don't wNt McNabb to be, as Jerruh puts it, " a development stopper".

Here's to several years to come of Kolb getting abused by the Dallas D.

:toast

bostonguy
03-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Eagles have issues much bigger than Mcnabb. Their passing attack is based on big plays. They don't have a very good running game either. The D isn't what it used to be.

IronMexican
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Raiders stating interest means they wont sign him. I'd like him though.

monosylab1k
03-25-2010, 01:09 PM

imho the raiders with mcnabb makes them the best team in the afc west. not saying much because the afc west blows, but he puts them in the playoffs.

considering NE has their 1st rounder next season, that shit better not happen. please just give jamarcus russell one more chance.

stretch
03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
i have no idea what to think of this as a Raiders fan and a McNabb fan.

on one hand, it seems like the team is really in a rebuilding stage, and needs to just go with youth.

on the other hand, the raiders looked halfway decent last year when Gradowski came in (doing nothing more than managing the game). their offense flowed MUCH better, and it gave their defense rest, and when their defense is actually rested, its quite good (rofl they even chode-bloaded the wack-ass Stealers). who knows how good they can actually be with an elite QB like McNabb at the helm. plus hes very mobile, which will be good because their oline still isnt great. perhaps it will get him to quit forcing himself to be purely a pocket passer, and get out and run more often, doing what makes him such a unique QB.

monosylab1k
03-25-2010, 01:17 PM
one more year! one more year! one more year! one more year! one more year! one more year! one more year! one more year! one more year!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/the_homie_jorge/JamarcusRussell-1.jpg

IronMexican
03-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Grad or Nabb in 2010.

monosylab1k
03-25-2010, 01:19 PM
JuHXGVudSGw

arm strength! this is a guy that needs one more year!

stretch
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
its still amazing how crazy his arm is. it looked like he didnt even try

dirk4mvp
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
JuHXGVudSGw

Det was pretty beastly, imho.

monosylab1k
03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
another reason McNabb to Oakland makes sense - Darren McFadden is basically a bigger, stronger, faster, slightly dumber, and equally fragile version of Brian Westbrook.

but i still think with all the time and money invested in jamarcus, you should give him another year.

Blake
03-25-2010, 01:28 PM
JuHXGVudSGw

why did LSU have one of their O-Linemen throwing the ball?

I dont get it.....no wonder they were down 20-7 to Ole miss.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2010, 01:29 PM
JuHXGVudSGw

Child's play. I do that shit on Madden all the time with my super 99 rating created QB named Eduardo De La Paz.

dirk4mvp
03-25-2010, 01:37 PM
I dont get it.....no wonder they were down 20-7 to Ole miss.

lol last year's cotton bowl

Blake
03-25-2010, 01:44 PM
lol last year's cotton bowl

lol at this lol over a meaningless exhibition game

JudynTX
03-25-2010, 02:06 PM

You can have him.

monosylab1k
03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
You can have him.

:lol so basically you're ready for the Eagles to suck every year?

JudynTX
03-25-2010, 02:14 PM
:lol so basically you're ready for the Eagles to suck every year?

Pretty much. I'm gonna switch teams. :lol

IronMexican
03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Panda spur needs to die. Switch teams? Christ. Just reading that makes me pissed.

stretch
03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
lol snead

JudynTX
03-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Panda spur needs to die. Switch teams? Christ. Just reading that makes me pissed.

:nope This is America damn it, I can change my mind if I want to. :lol

dirk4mvp
03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
lol snead

Your little asian wang is gonna explode when he leads the Raiders to a SB victory, imho.

Whisky Dog
03-25-2010, 02:24 PM
You mean the only Eagles fan on board is a floppy bandwaggoner? How ironic.

In 6 months she'll be sporting a pink Romo jersey

JudynTX
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
You mean the only Eagles fan on board is a floppy bandwaggoner? How ironic.

I'm not the only Eagles fan here., cheese & rice. :lol

In 6 months she'll be sporting a pink Romo jersey

Not that fag. :td

JMarkJohns
03-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Had the Cardinals not just spent 11 million on a two-year deal for a backup to Leinart (final year of deal), then I'd say they would be looking to add McNabb, but they want to see what Leinart can offer.

I'd still like to see them offer up the 2nd/4th to Philly for McNabb (assuming he signs three-year extension) and a 6th or 7th...

The Cardinals could then go CB in 1st, OL and LB with their 3rds, DT in 5th and OL in 6th and 7th...

Whisky Dog
03-25-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm not the only Eagles fan here., cheese & rice. :lol

Not that fag. :td

You're the only one that actually wasn't straight fair weather fan and actually posted during the supreme ownage the Cowboys laid on them this year. I don't count those other pussies. But in the end you're just a bandwagonner, how sad.

So, what size will the pink Romo jersey be? S,M,L? Or 2XL?:wow

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
You're the only one that actually wasn't straight fair weather fan and actually posted during the supreme ownage the Cowboys laid on them this year. I don't count those other pussies. But in the end you're just a bandwagonner, how sad.

So, what size will the pink Romo jersey be? S,M,L? Or 2XL?:wow

My guess would be 2XL.

Jim_Rome
03-25-2010, 10:26 PM
Judy in Texas is FAT!

hzqBj8rh03A

symple19
03-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Judy in Texas is FAT!

hzqBj8rh03A

Rome is great

That take was phenomenal :rollin

LakerHater
03-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Sources: McNabb may be Raider

The Oakland Raiders have emerged as the leading candidate to land quarterback Donovan McNabb in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/1753.jpg
McNabb

The sources say all the ingredients for a trade are in place. Of all the teams the Eagles have spoken with, the Raiders have been the most willing to meet the Eagles' asking price. Last week, The Associated Press reported that the Eagles want a pick in the top 42 of the 2010 draft for McNabb. Oakland has a second-round pick that is the 39th overall selection.
Also, the sources say McNabb's contract, which has one year and $11.2 million left on it, has scared off other teams. But, the sources say, Oakland is not concerned that McNabb is due a $6.2 million roster bonus on May 5 nor that the quarterback is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2010 season.
There also are connections between the Raiders and McNabb. Raiders owner Al Davis and McNabb each went to Syracuse, and Oakland's new offensive coordinator, Hue Jackson, is a distant cousin of McNabb's.
Should Oakland trade for McNabb, it would be the most stark admission by the Raiders that former No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell has not been the player the team had hoped. Oakland selected Russell with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft and awarded him a six-year, $68 million contract that included $31.5 million in guaranteed money.
One source familiar with trade discussions said no deal was done with Oakland. But other league sources predicted it soon would be done in a trade that would be the NFL's biggest offseason move.
And although McNabb has informed coach Andy Reid that he wants to stay with the Eagles and, if he has to be traded, would prefer to go to a winning team such as the Minnesota Vikings, the sources say the Eagles will do what they believe is best for team even if it means trading McNabb to the Raiders, a team with a recent history of losing.