PDA

View Full Version : ITW TP from Tp's Website

leonarth
05-03-2005, 02:26 PM
« A sick game ! »
Winner in OT in Denver, the Spurs will seek to end the series on Wednesday night.

Tony, you are leaving Denver with another win, 126-115 in OT. What a game that was!

This is what you call a sick game. Both teams were not missing anything at the end of the fourth quarter It was impressive, as it went down shot for shot and we went into overtime. When Tim (Duncan) got his sixth foul, I told myself I needed to take the game in my hands. I felt very well and all my shots went in. I am very happy.

Psychologically, you are now putting the pressure on Denver.

Absolutely. I think Denver just took a terrible psychological hit. It is extremely hard to come back after such a game; especially is you loose in OT. Knowing they are flying right away to San Antonio, I can only imagine in which state they must be in. The trip could be a long one for them… Now, it is up to us to finish the series once and for all by winning Wednesday night game. We must not give them another chance.

What is your current state of mind ?

We must be too confident. The series is yet to be over, and this is the reason we must remain focused. One thing is certain; we cannot go back to Denver on Friday. We win game 3 thanks to Manu (Ginobili), Game 4 ends in OT. I have no envy to come back here !

You got a bit scared as you dominated the entire game but within 5 minutes to play, Denver took the lead (97-94).

It is true that when Denver got ahead of us, there was an immediate response from the Spurs. I scored on a penetration, a foul was committed on Bowen, and he took no time to convert the free-throw. We came back in the game right away and therefore did not have any time to doubt. It is the time with the biggest b… that won.

You proved decisive in the OT by scoring 9 of the first 11 points scored by the Spurs.

It was my game! When Tim left, « Pop » (Gregg Popovich) immediately anounced the systems for me. I answered to the call by putting in all my shots with a 3 pointers that decided the fate of the game. Following a shaky start to the series, i twas the time for a a big performance. I was motivated. Prior to the game, « Pop » told me he wanted to see some Parker. He wanted me to play freely. His words brought me some confidence and help me tremendously. It makes me happy for the entire team as they all had confidence in me ; proof is that Ginobili hands me the ball with 27 seconds to play in the fourth quarter while the game was tied.

With 39 points, Duncan also answered present…

Like me, two out three games were difficult for him. Tonight, he was impressive, was on all the rebounds. I am extremely happy for him.

39 points for Duncan, 24 for Ginobili, 29 for you. It was the evening’s magical trio !

Exactly ! It is normal as it is our job. This is what we should do at every game. Our bench is counting on us but it is partly thanks to them that we had won Game3. Tonight, it was time for the starting five to do something.

This is the type of game that could launch the Spurs in the play-offs ?

Completely. By playing like we did tonight, I think we are going to shut down our critics. We were conscious that it was not with our previous level of play that we could win another title. We had to play better tonight and we showed a different face to our game. If we want to do something now, we must continue like this.

What is your schedule until Wednesday ?

We are now on the bus towards the airport and we should be in San Antonio at around 5 AM. I think we will have the day off. We all need to breathe a little. Wednesday, we will do a bit of video in order to prepare for the evening’s game.

ducks
05-03-2005, 02:47 PM
It makes me happy for the entire team as they all had confidence in me ; proof is that Ginobili hands me the ball with 27 seconds to play in the fourth quarter while the game was tied.

go manu go