PDA

View Full Version : George Eddy's Blog on nba.com

leonarth
05-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Playing Shot Doctor and Prognosticator

I had a dream! Pop and Stan van Gundy invite me to work with some of their players on their shooting mechanics.

Then Shaq throws me a mil for telling him to keep his elbow glued to his body instead of pointing it at his kids up in the stands! I helped him develop fingertip control with his hand under the ball instead of behind it. He finally understood that the more you doubt the more you increase your arc and not the opposite. He stopped bobbing his head back and kept his chin on his chest with his weight slightly forward. And he froze his hand in the air after his release without stepping back from the line too soon.

The Spurs on the other hand (smaller market,you see) threw me some free lunch coupons at a barbecue joint for helping Parker eliminate the corkscrew motion in his release and the bobbing back of his head like Shaq. All the pointers except the elbow one were useful to Duncan who thanked me for convincing him to bend his knees and be more fluid and less herky-jerky as he completes his free throw motion. All the other Spurs shooters thanked me for telling them to stay low with theirs hands up and ready for the quick catch and shoot which they are going to need!

Well I can always dream!

Back to reality and the end of an exciting regular season.

Phoenix didn't crack like a lot of experts predicted. Nash is MVP because the Suns' progression is even more impressive than Miami's with Shaq.

I'm loving Pippen's not so politically correct blogs (ouch Minnesota!) and Bruce Bowen's insider blogs.

It's great to see the renaissance of George Karl and the former Golden state loser trio turning into mature winners with Eddie Jordan in Washington. I said Eddie not Michael, right?

As for my French buddies Atlanta has to liberate Boris Diaw from a coach who has no idea how to use his considerable talents and why is it that each season the Golden State coach only wakes up and plays Pietrus at the end of the season when the games don't count?

The title might all boil to the fragility of Tim's ankle or Shaq's calf. If the Suns play Miami this will be the most offensive-oriented finals since '93.

And Spurs vs. Detroit won't be so defensive because Pop is letting his thouroughbreds run a lot more.

I'll finish with this risky prediction Tony Parker will be MVP of the finals and the Spurs win the title in 7!

Vive la France!

George Eddy

Commentator, Canal + France
A broadcaster with the Canal + France sports department, George Eddy has covered basketball and the NBA -- in addition to the Olympics and the NFL -- since January 1985. Eddy moved to France from the U.S. in 1977, playing and coaching pro basketball for 12 years. In addition to his on-air broadcasts for Canal +, Eurosport France and others, Eddy has written six books about basketball as well as contributing to numerous magazines and radio stations. Eddy also organizes a shooting camp each summer near Paris.

Slomo
05-03-2005, 02:39 PM
George Eddy speaks perfect French with a huge american accent - I automatically start smiling whenever I catch any of his broadcast :lol