PDA

View Full Version : "Rampage" Jackson Signs New Six Fight Deal With UFC

dbreiden83080
03-25-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/2010/0324/486394/quinton-rampage-jackson/index.shtml

Dana White announced at a fan Q&A session Tuesday in Toronto that he and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson have settled their differences and that "Rampage" recently signed a lengthy contract extension with the UFC.
"Rampage and I are friends again now. I was mad at him because of what he's done, and he was mad at me because I was mad at him [smile]," said White.

The drama between Jackson and the UFC president has been well publicized. The dustup started when "Rampage" opted out of a very hyped grudge match with Rashad Evans to film "The A-Team" movie. The UFC spent a considerable amount of time and money in building up the bad blood story line by pitting Jackson and Evans against each other as coaches during the tenth season of "The Ultimate Fighter". Traditionally, the two coaches square off shortly after the conclusion of the show's airing; "Rampage" disrupted this cycle by taking the role as B.A. Baracus. What followed was a war of words that saw White condemn Jackson for choosing acting over fighting and Jackson firing back by announcing his retirement from the sport.

Jackson recently announced that he would fulfill the last fight on his contract by returning to the UFC to take on Rashad Evans and that afterwards he would only compete in combat sports periodically. Apparently, White and Jackson have mended fences and Jackson has found renewed motivation to compete in MMA.

"...we just renewed Rampage's contract... It's a 6 fight contract," revealed White.

If we are to believe this report it certainly makes things a little more interesting for the light heavyweight division. Potential match ups against Lyoto Machida, Randy Couture, Jon Jones or a rematch with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua are extremely intriguing prospects for Jackson. Although "The A-Team" has yet to be released, it seems doubtful that Jackson's acting ability could outshine his ability as a fighter. Here's to hoping that Jackson spends his time and focus on a career in the cage as opposed to on the silver screen.

I love it.....

http://maximus03.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/rampage-jackson.jpg

djohn14
03-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I never took his threats to retire seriously

dbreiden83080
03-25-2010, 04:51 PM
i thought he might wait until his movie came out to see if it was a big hit..

He probably got back to training and the fire got lit under his ass again..

tlongII
03-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I can't imagine The A-Team being successful at the box office. You never know I guess though.

dbreiden83080
03-25-2010, 05:16 PM
http://www.clevver.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the-a-team.jpg

http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/first_look_a_team_movie_1009.jpg

djohn14
03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
How long before Jon Jones whips that ass?

dbreiden83080
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
How long before Jon Jones whips that ass?

Don't hate..

djohn14
03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Don't hate..

Haha I love Rampage....I'll just say that about anybody in the 205 weight class

dbreiden83080
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Haha I love Rampage....I'll just say that about anybody in the 205 weight class

Page will scare him off with his mean Wolf Howl...

Stringer_Bell
03-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Very interesting, especially now that Jon Jones is in the mix. Dana said recently he's a year away from being a contender and not ready...which I don't agree with but it makes more sense now that Rampage is back in too. Now with this 6 fight deal, if Rampage wins he's automatically the #1 contender against Lyoto/Rua winner since he would have had a shot if he didn't take time off to do TUF again. Randy will face the loser of Lyoto/Rua and Jones will face the loser of Rampage/Evans match...but Jones and Randy should really fight each other before its too late, forget about Rich Franklin for now and toss him an easy match outside of Catchweight. :greedy

polandprzem
03-26-2010, 02:58 AM
Very interesting, especially now that Jon Jones is in the mix. Dana said recently he's a year away from being a contender and not ready...which I don't agree with but it makes more sense now that Rampage is back in too. Now with this 6 fight deal, if Rampage wins he's automatically the #1 contender against Shogun/Rua winner since he would have had a shot if he didn't take time off to do TUF again. Randy will face the loser of Shogun/Rua and Jones will face the loser of Rampage/Evans match...but Jones and Randy should really fight each other before its too late, forget about Rich Franklin for now and toss him an easy match outside of Catchweight. :greedy

Stringer_Bell
03-26-2010, 09:46 AM
LOL! Thanks for the correction, I obviously have anticipated Rua will both win/lose again. :(