PDA

View Full Version : The Power Of Pau

duncan228
03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Nice piece on Gasol, from the March 29 Sports Illustrated. It's long, hit the link for the rest of it.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2010/0329_thumb.jpg

The Power Of Pau (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1167642/1/index.htm)
A philanthropic, opera-loving, multilingual former medical school student, Lakers power forward Pau Gasol has a game that is as refined and varied as his tastes
Lee Jenkins
Sports Illustrated

Pau Gasol walked out of class on Nov. 8, 1991, not sure where he was headed. It was recess at Escola Llor, the private school he attended in suburban Barcelona, and students were starting a soccer match. Gasol wandered the perimeter of the field as if in slow motion, neither playing nor watching, enveloped in a fog that was emanating from a foreign metropolis 6,000 miles to the west. He tried to comprehend the words and letters he had just heard in class: Magic Johnson and HIV. "I was deep in thought," Gasol says. "I was trying to figure out what it meant and what I should do. It was one of those moments that sticks in your mind and stays there your whole life."

For many of today's athletes, too young to have seen a president assassinated or remember a space shuttle falling from the sky, it was the first such moment. When the fog finally lifted, Gasol came to a conclusion about his future. He did not decide then that he would move to Los Angeles and play for the Lakers and lead them to a NBA championship.

He decided that he would become a doctor and try to cure AIDS. He was 11.

Keep Reading (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1167642/1/index.htm)

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
What a fucking racist..the article forgot to mention that part..

KSeal
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM

You need some new material, good friend.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
This isn't stand-up comedy, it's commentary on the parasites of our society..there's nothing funny about racism..

Bob Lanier
03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
There is when it's against Orientals.

cobbler
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM

Bitter much? I'm sure you have never told an off color joke or made a sarcastic comment or jesture. Let he who casts the first stone...

And Kseal is correct... you should really get some new matterial. Your Laker hate consumes you.

HarlemHeat37
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
LOL wait, taking a picture that makes fun of an entire race's appearance and making it public for everybody to see is a joke?..

Who says I hate the Lakers?..

cobbler
03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
LOL wait, taking a picture that makes fun of an entire race's appearance and making it public for everybody to see is a joke?..

Who says I hate the Lakers?..

Yes, it was a joke.

And I say you do.

Lets see... I can probably search and find tens if not hundreds of your racist pau comments. Ill bet if I look for similar quotes on Marc, Calderon, or Rodriguez... nada.

Let it go...