PDA

View Full Version : If BU joins KState in Elite Eight...

MajorMike
03-25-2010, 11:36 PM
...both will have gotten there without having to play a single team from a major/BCS conf.

As KState next plays Butler, they can get to the Final Four without having to play a major conf team.

If some how No Iowa was to get to the Final Four, KState can get to the title game without having played a single team from a major NCAA conf.

Texas Chili Dog
03-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Baylor is gonna have their hands full with Samhan (BEAST).

K-State Spur
03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
...both will have gotten there without having to play a single team from a major/BCS conf.

As KState next plays Butler, they can get to the Final Four without having to play a major conf team.

If some how No Iowa was to get to the Final Four, KState can get to the title game without having played a single team from a major NCAA conf.

A bit on an anomaly for sure, but honestly - going into the second and third rounds, I would have been more comfortable with match-ups against Florida & Pitt than BYU & Xavier. The latter 2 are not from BCS conferences, but are better teams - as they proved on the floor.

Not unheard of for the Big 12 though. For KU's 2008 title run, their road to the final 4 was Portland St., UNLV, Villanova*, and Davidson. Only UNLV (an 8) was a single digit seed.

*Villanova is a Big East team obviously, but was seeded 12th and was arguably the last team admitted into the field.

MajorMike
03-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Almost only counts in horsehoes and hand gernades.

Trainwreck2100
03-26-2010, 01:50 PM

and rape, if she wakes up and stops you before you put it in, its not rape

Blake
03-26-2010, 02:00 PM
luck of the draw.

this was a pretty weak at-large group of teams....

but I guess that's NCAA basketball nowadays.

K-State Spur
03-26-2010, 03:03 PM

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

I'm not sure how either of our statements fit into this thread. I never argued an "almost"?

Blake
03-26-2010, 03:55 PM

I'm not sure how either of our statements fit into this thread. I never argued an "almost"?

I sense a certain amount of butthurtedness from an Okie St fan because his team is out.

leemajors
03-26-2010, 04:00 PM
since I didn't see it elsewhere, that was one of the more entertaining NCAA games I have ever seen.

Texas Chili Dog
03-26-2010, 05:50 PM
since I didn't see it elsewhere, that was one of the more entertaining NCAA games I have ever seen.

No doubt. Xavier is an incredibly tough out in the NCAA tourney. They've made the Elite 8 twice in the last 6 years, and almost made it three times obviously. That team is built for the tournament.

I can't imagine how I would have felt if I were a KSU or Xavier fan. I was shitting bricks as a neutral observer. :lol

DesignatedT
03-27-2010, 12:46 AM
No doubt. Xavier is an incredibly tough out in the NCAA tourney. They've made the Elite 8 twice in the last 6 years, and almost made it three times obviously. That team is built for the tournament.

I can't imagine how I would have felt if I were a KSU or Xavier fan. I was shitting bricks as a neutral observer. :lol

that game was incredible...

great game for baylor against st. marys... ran them out of the gym... the matchup vs duke should be a good one.

Texas Chili Dog
03-27-2010, 02:58 AM
that game was incredible...

great game for baylor against st. marys... ran them out of the gym... the matchup vs duke should be a good one.

Baylor surpassed my expectations. I thought they'd win, but I didn't think they'd destroy St Mary's like that. I'm really looking forward to the Duke game. I'm not sure what to think of it just yet.

I was really hoping A&M could have made it this far. You have NO idea how hard I was cheering for the Aggies against Purdue. :lol If A&M had won that, I would have been in Houston this weekend for the three regional games. I have a friend who goes to A&M. And I saw that tickets were selling for ONLY $40 for all three games. I had my ticket order all set up, and I was waiting to press one button to confirm it, and then Purdue snuck out the W. So those plans ended. A Baylor-A&M regional final in Houston? Would have been epic.

Lara
03-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Whoever came up with March Madness to describe the NCAA Tournament is a genius.
The Sweet 16 game between the No. 2 seed Kansas State Wildcats and No. 6 seed Xavier Musketeers—perhaps the best in tournament history—exemplified why this time of year is titled as such.

Lara
03-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Whoever came up with March Madness to describe the NCAA Tournament is a genius.
The Sweet 16 game between the No. 2 seed Kansas State Wildcats and No. 6 seed Xavier Musketeers—perhaps the best in tournament history—exemplified why this time of year is titled as such.

K-State Spur
03-27-2010, 08:46 AM

i can honestly say that i had more "fun" watching KU go out last weekend.

our game was just completely nerve racking from the final 10 minutes of regulation on.

...not to mention that the second half of a thursday night NCAA double header that goes to 2 OTs was not made for those of us who have to work the next day in the eastern time zone.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't think it matters much. Those teams did not get there by beating even shittier teams.

I'm on the Baylor bandwagon....I hope they shut down The Vanilla Express (aka duke) and make it to the final four

MajorMike
03-27-2010, 01:00 PM

You have completely missed or have chosen to forget the fact my irony is based upon.

Two years ago when KU made the FF, after a couple years of bitter early losses, KSU fans were complaining KU only made it to the FF because they didn't have to play anyone along the way.

Of course, the rest of us laughed at those people a week later when KU miraculously won it all (and to the early poster I would argue that the KU/Memphis game was a much more exciting NCAA game, in part because so much more was at stake).

I just think it is funny to poke someone in the eye about something they were all pissy about before.

scott
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
"They didn't have to play anyone" is an arguement that holds no water when talking about the NCCA tournament. I'm not a basketball fan - but the tournament is what makes the championship more legit over NCAA football, where the arguement does come into play.

Texas Chili Dog
03-27-2010, 04:37 PM
i can honestly say that i had more "fun" watching KU go out last weekend.

our game was just completely nerve racking from the final 10 minutes of regulation on.

...not to mention that the second half of a thursday night NCAA double header that goes to 2 OTs was not made for those of us who have to work the next day in the eastern time zone.

I wouldn't have expected it to be any different. :lol

Games like KSU-Xavier are really only fun for those of us who are okay with either outcome. I think any fan of those two teams who actually enjoyed the last 30 minutes of that game are weird. :lol

Overall I'm happy KSU won though because I have them in my Final 4. They have their hands full with Butler right now. Butler is so solid and they are fighting for a chance to not only play in the Final 4, but in their home city. That's a lot of motivation. Good luck to KSU in the 2nd half. :toast I'm sure I'll be enjoying the rest of the game a lot more than you. :lol

tlongII
03-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Butler is going to the Final Four!

Texas Chili Dog
03-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Congrats to Butler. That is a fundamentally sound basketball team with solid players. They deserve it, and now they are going home.

SpursFanFirst
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Butler is going to the Final Four!

:downspin: Butler is coming home!!!!! I can't wait for next weekend!